Final

Pretty Boy

A/N - First of all, HEADS UP! I've decided to delete what I've previously written and start over, as a oneshot :)


 

"And who would like to answer?"

 

Junmyeon raises his hand.

 

Slap.

 

Sehun high-fives him.

 

"Sehun!" Junmyeon hisses, trying to look scary. It's been the fifth time today, and whenever he raises his hand, Sehun high fives him. It's getting out of hand, but since Junmyeon is a kind soul, he lets it go.

 

As he's answering the teacher's question, Sehun takes a moment to admire his side profile. It's just so astounding how pretty Junmyeon can be. His high-bridged nose, porcelain skin and pink lips have no competition.

 

He sighs. How could someone so perfect exist? Sehun knows his feelings will never be reciporocrated, and he knows that Junmyeon deserves someone entirely better. And it's sad, because it's not him.

 

He snaps out of it when he feels drool dripping down his lips. Flustered, he wipes it off and prays that nobody saw it.

 

He misses the mischevious glint in Junmyeon's eyes.

 


 

"Stop moping, Sehun-ah."

 

"Urghghgh."

 

Sehun is currently lying in Jongin's lap, whining about the perfection of a certain someone and how he can never compare.

 

"Gross. He's my actual hyung, man."

 

At that, Sehun's head snaps up at lightning speed. "Who said anything about Junmyeon?"

 

Jongin sends him an 'are-you-kidding-me' look. "Dude. You're as obvious as stars on a clear night."

 

"Have you been reading romance novels again?"

 

"Yah! Don't change the subject!" Jongin exclaims, pointing an accusing finger at Sehun. "Man up and confess to hyung. I still don't know what you see in him, though. Eventhough we're brothers, he's the dorkiest person on the planet. I, on the other hand, am a piece of art."

 

Sehun swats at Jongin, but his words have his brain churning. Should he? What's the worst that could happen?

 

"C'mon, Sehun. I'll help you."

 

That's all Sehun needs.

 

"First, get rid of that ugly hairstyle."

 

Okay, maybe not.

 


 

Sehun's in his and Junmyeon's room. He feels infinitely fortunate for being Junmyeon's roommate (and the uni staff knows it, after Sehun showers them with endless thanks). He's waiting for Jongin, cause they have to attend a dance workshop.

 

Suddenly, the door swings open revealing not one, but two Kims. Jongin shoots a look at Sehun and Junmyeon looks unfazed by Sehun's shocked expression.

 

"Hey Sehun! My acting class finished early, so Jonginnie and I came together. You're going out soon, right?"

 

"Uhh..." Sehun mutters. "Yeah."

 

Junmyeon turns to put his stuff on his bed and flops onto it with a tired huff. It's all too endearing and Sehun has to keep himself from squealing out loud.

 

"Yah, stop staring, Sehun."

 

He splutters indignantly. "N-no! I wasn't staring!"

 

"Stop teasing him, Jongin. He wasn't staring." Junmyeon inputs.

 

"Oh, my bad. He wasn't staring, he was gazing at you lovingly as if you were the answer to his soul."

 

"I wasn't!"

 

Jongin smirks at the both of them and sends a special look to Sehun, as if saying 'look at what I'm going to do'. Sehun returns it with a fiery gaze.

 

"Yeah, but seriously speaking, Sehun stares at a special someone a lot."

 

"Really?" Junmyeon opens his eyes and shifts to face Sehun. "You like someone?"

 

No duh, Sehun wants to reply but he bites his tongue.

 

"And I'm always telling him," Jongin continues. "Go man up and confess! You have to do something before someone takes him away."

 

Junmyeon looks thoughtful for a moment. "You should, Sehun-ah. Do something cute like small gestures and flowers. If someone were to confess to me, I'd like it."

 


 

And that is how Sehun gets Jongin to help him plan out the most elaborate plan of confessing. It comprises of a few stages; wooing, flirting and confessing. To be able to carry all of that out requires optimum skill, especially if the person in question is an embodiment of perfection.

 

"Okay, so when you flirt, you're supposed to look into his eyes as if staring into the depths of his soul." Jongin says, complete with a book in his right hand and a mirror in his left.

 

"Like this?" Sehun looks at Jongin boredly.

 

"No! Nevermind, just bite your lip ily."

 

Sehun attempts the lip bite but ends up with his whole bottom lip in his mouth and half-lidded eyes. Jongin wants to facepalm. He barks at Sehun to do it again until he gets it right and he does, after 16 more tries.

 

Junmyeon is watching them secretly outside the door of the dance practice room. He is chuckling at their stupidity and has a phone in his hand, recording the whole thing. He thinks he's going to blow his cover and fall down by laughing too much, but the two dancers have yet to notice his presence. He's having a fabulous time, until he hears Jongin's unmistakable words.

 

"C'mon, do this right! If you succeed, we'll be brothers-in-law!"

 

Junmyeon's laugh freezes on his face. The gears in his brain are churning to process what Jongin just said. Well, they don't have any other siblings, so that must mean...

 

His heart bursts with happiness. No, it explodes with fireworks and the whole shebang. He wants to run around the whole building shouting "OH SEHUN LIKES ME!" at the top of his lungs but his disciplined self doesn't allow it. Instead, he presses his ear closer to the crack in the door to hear more of the conversation.

 

"But, he's too perfect!"

 

"Don't make me vomit, he's still my brother. Anyway, what's so bad about perfection?"

 

Junmyeon blushes from behind the door, and he's glad no one can see him like this. However, a thought wonders into his head about how he isn't caught yet considering he's turned red from keeping in his laughter. Sehun's voice brings him back to reality.

 

"I'm serious, Jongin. He's a pretty boy!"

 

Junmyeon almost reveals himself. He is very very tempted to tell Sehun that he is a real man. What does he even mean by 'pretty'? Either way, it still feels like an insult in the way Sehun phrased it.

 

"Hmmm... Pretty boys are more difficult, considering they have higher standards. They're also very fragile and require tender love and care."

 

Junmyeon hides a snort at Jongin's words.

 

Sehun pumps a fist encouragingly. "Yeah! I'll win Junmyeon hyung's heart! Fighting! I just need to show my caring side to compliment his prettiness!"

 

As the two boys reach over to high-five one another and pore over Jongin's handbook, Junmyeon's eyes turn fiery with determination. Pretty boy? He'll show them.

 


 

Week one of Operation-Help-Sehun-Eat-His-Untrue-Nonsense (no, he did NOT spend two hours making that name fit the OHSEHUN acronyms) has Sehun in deep confusion and Junmyeon in pride.

 

Junmyeon actually had gone to google 'how to be a real man' and wikihow gave numerous handy tips, where most of which consisted of 'being true to yourself as a male'. And one of the steps was to make dirty jokes.

 

That's right. Because you aren't a real man if you don't find humour in ual body parts or activities.

 

"You're making dinner?"

 

"Yeah, hyung." Sehun pats himself on the back for being able to cook and to take care of pretty boy needs. He smiles a little to himself.

 

Junmyeon peers over his shoulder. "Oh," he says in the iest voice he can muster. "That's a huge, juicy sausage you're cooking up there."

 

Sehun drops his spatula and turns around to Junmyeon in shock.

 

"Hmm? Would you like some veggies with that? A few cucmbers? Carrots?"

 

Junmyeon can still remember the look on his face. It brings bouts of chuckles every time he thinks about it. The whole ordeal is amusing, really. All he wants is Sehun to man up himself and confess. Without Jongin's unhelpfulness.

 

Right now, he is outside the dance practice room, once again eavesdropping on their conversation.

 

"Jongin! You lied! I tried cooking him stuff and babying him, but all it did was make him be weird!"

 

"What do you mean by weird?" Jongin props himself up on his elbows.

 

"He made, um," Sehun clears his throat. "ual jokes? ual implications? I don't even know."

 

"You said you were babying him, right? Maybe, he wants you to call him daddy."

 

There is a sound of crashing and Junmyeon walks away smiling because he knows Jongin deserves it.

 


 

One day, he almost slips up.

 

Sehun is cycling while Junmyeon is reading on a bench. Sehun has a close eye on him (of course he does), as his protector. Pretty boys need protection, or so Jongin says.

 

Everything is fine and dandy, until a loud crash resonates from behind him. He hurriedly puts his book down to check up on the noise, only to find a bruised, pouty Sehun staring at his knee.

 

Any dirty joke thoughts Junmyeon has had for the past week flies out the window just like that, at the sight of Sehun's scarred knee. In a momentary lapse of judgement, Junmyeon lets his so-called pretty boy words slip out of his mouth.

 

"Wait here, Sehun-ah. I'm just gonna go get a boo-boo aid out of my bag."

 

Sehun chokes on his spit and rolls on the grass in a fit of laughter. Junmyeon glows the tiniest tinge of red while running away to (hide himself) get a bandage. Somehow, Sehun feels somewhat relieved at the return of Junmyeon's personality. The past few days had been rough with unexpected jokes and comments.

 

Junmyeon appears again a few moments later, now with a small first aid kit. He motions for Sehun to show him his knee, and he complies. He then hums thoughtfully for a while before withdrawing a bottle of ointment and a bandage from the kit.

 

'There is a comfortable silence while he's slathering the ointment on Sehun's knee. He feels as if they're five yearsold and playing doctor. A small wistful smile is formed on his lips as he loses further thoughts about the OHSEHUN and focuses on the task at hand.

 

A few moments later, he's done and regretfully gets up to offer a hand to Sehun. In turn, Sehun quirks a brow. "Is my boo-boo alright now, daddy?"

 

Junmyeon chokes on his spit, once again forgetting about his plan. A passing mother grips her child tighter and shoots the both of them judgemental glares. Sehun wonders what all the fuss is about, until a couple approaches them.

 

"Hi, can we ask you two some questions?" the girl fidgets nervously.

 

Sehun shoots a confused look at Junmyeon, who is red and refusing eye contact, only to respond, "Um, hi? Yeah, sure I guess."

 

"Can you tell us more about your daddy relationship?"

 

Dumbstruck, Sehun sneaks a look at Junmyeon who doesn't look all that surprised. He takes a few seconds to compose himself and answer the waiting couple. But whatever comes out of his mouth is all thanks to his befuddled brain.

 

"Lolwut?"

 

The guy sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. "Yeah, we're interested in all that and bringing it outside the bedroom," Sehun turns petrified, "And we heard you two doing it, so why not get advice?"

 

"Uhh..."

 

Junmyeon finally looks up from the ground, looking surprisingly composed. However, there is a slight curve upwards at the ends of his lips. "Sorry, it isn't like that. I'm his actual father."

 

Sehun sharply turns his head towards him. What is he up to? Now, the couple looks a bit more intrigued and turns their attention to Sehun.

 

"He's very into the role, isn't he?" the girl asks with a sigh to which Sehun just nods dumbly.

 

A few questions later, the couple finally leaves. Once they're out of sight, Sehun whacks Junmyeon on the arm.

 

"What did you doooo?" Sehun pouts. Junmyeon grins triumphantly and tries to mask his urge to kiss Sehun's puckered lips. Sehun continues to whine, but it slowly becomes background noise as Junmyeon's eyes focus on his moving lips.

 

Sehun realises that Junmyeon isn't paying attention so he reaches out to whack him again. It snaps him out of his daze and he quickly covers it up with a fierce gaze.

 

"Yah Sehun! I'm your hyung!" he flicks Sehun on the forehead. "What has happened to the youth of today?"

 

"You're like, two years older than me. We're from the same generation."

 

Junmyeon shakes his head forlornly. "What did I just say about respect?"

 

Sehun turns and starts to walk away with his bicycle, but his long forgotten knee bruise makes him almost fall over again. He regains his senses and finds himself in Junmyeon's steady arms. His heart won't stop beating a hundred times a minute, and it's not from the adrenaline rush.

 

He's suddenly hyper-aware of everything around him; Junmyeon's small breaths on the back of his neck, the slight bump of his biceps and their brushing skin. What he doesn't know, is that Junmyeon is feeling the exact same way.

 

"Pabo," Junmyeon whispers, still locked in their embrace. "You're making me worried. Stop injuring yourself."

 

Sehun faintly turns a bright red. They finally untangle themselves from each other and Junmyeon gently entwines their fingers. Sehun is tempted to start spazzing like a fangirl seeing her oppa shirtless, but he succesfully hides it behind his default face, the resting b.itch face.

 

"I'll let you off the hook today because I like you."

 

Junmyeon obliviously and unconsciously blurts out his thoughts, thinking about OHSEHUN. The human Oh Sehun, however, finds it suspicious.

 

He shuts that part of his brain up because I like you. (*O*)

 


 

 

"He said he liked me, Jongin!"

 

"Okay."

 

"React, for goodness sakes!"

 

"Ahmahgah! That's unbelievable! Tell me all the juicy deets!"

 

"... Are you on your man period?"

 


 

Junmyeon returns more to his old 'pretty boy' self day by day. No more inappropriate jokes, no more manly thumping of backs and no more being not himself.

 

He and Sehun (with the occasional Jongin) spend their free evenings cuddled up on the couch, draped by a fluffy blanket with snacks and tissues. In other words, sappy drama essentials. Junmyeon wonders if sappy dramas spoil is 'manly' image but brushes it off because Lee Min Ho.

 

It has been a month since the eavesdropping incident and Junmyeon is getting impatient. How long does it take to grow a pair and man up? He even sees Jongin giving them bemused stares 50% of the time they spend together. He huffs and decides, today will be the day he can call Oh Sehun his.

 

He scoots closer over to Sehun, under the pretense of feeling cold. Nuzzling his head into Sehun's neck, he breathes in his warm scent (not in a creepy way). Sehun stiffens next to him and awkwardly reaches his arm out, typical first date style. Junmyeon internally cringes but pats himself on the back for finally elicting something from the mighty Oh Sehun.

 

On TV, the male lead is staring at the girl shamelessly who remains oblivious to everything around her. His friends nudge and because he's supposedly the bad boy, and she's the quiet girl with practically no friends. The bad boy grows unexpectedly shy and stutters over his words, in attempt to make up an excuse. They push him over, and expect him to confess, because it's stereotypically his role.

 

Junmyeon finds it a tiny bit disturbing. Just because he's supposed to be 'confident' like the playboy he is, doesn't mean he has to be the one to say it.

 

This strikes something in Junmyeon. He's not one to be a hypocrite so he takes matter into his own hands. Grinning evilly, he doesn't take long to plot his plans (thanks to the countless dramas he's watched)

 

"Sehunnie~"

 

"H-hyung?" Sehun stutters, leaving Junmyeon cackling internally. Oh, he knows.

 

"I'm cold. Let's share body warmth."

 

"Uhhh..." he scoots even closer, if that's possible and engulfs Junmyeon in a warm hug that sends fuzzy feelings to the tips of their toes. Junmyeon is practically sitting on Sehun, with back to torso, face to neck and legs entangled. Junmyeon smiles up at Sehun and finds him all red in the face. It's endearing.

 

Not even five minutes back into the drama, Junmyeon starts playing with Sehun's fingers. Twisting them around his, opening and closing his palm. Sehun lets out a shudder.

 

"H-hyung..."

 

Junmyeon doesn't reply, choosing to end it by intertwining their fingers in a perfect fit. He's beginning to feel frustrated, though. Does Sehun not understand the hints? The is too overwhelming. 'Conceal, don't feel, don't let it show...' he chants like a mantra.

 

However, he forgets that Elsa actually lets it show in the end. So his subconscious continues with, 'Well now they know... LET IT GO!'

 

The sudden burst of affection is quickly averted by booping Sehun on the nose. Of course, there's a sound effect. Junmyeon lets a tiny "boop" escape his lips before he can stop it. Mildly surprised, Sehun looks a tiny bit confused but stares ahead.

 

Junmyeon blinks. Is Sehun not going to react? He boops Sehun again. 

 

No response. Two more boops.

 

Again, no response.

 

"Yah!" Junmyeon's voice is a bit husky from not talking for too long. With a few grunts, he maneuvers himself till he lands on Sehun's lap, facing him. He brings his face closer to Sehun's, until his breath ghosts over Sehun's lips.

 

To say Sehun is shocked, is an understatement. His usual stoic mask has been ripped off and thrown away into the depths of the unknown and lo behold; there lies his eyes wide as saucers and mouth hung open.

 

"I. Just. Booped. You."

 

And for the third time, Sehun goes "H-hyung?"

 

As if Junmyeon can't hear him, "Yah! I just booped you! You don't like me anymore?" The last part of the sentence is said softly, heartbreakingly. Sehun tears up a little inside.

 

"Wait. You know I like you?" Sehun's voice comes out as a whine. (and perhaps a plea for the Gods to take him away)

 

"Isn't it obvious?" Junmyeon rolls his eyes obnoxiously like a rebellious teenager which causes a scandalized look upon Sehun's face. "And I bet you don't even know I like you too!"

 

"Who told you? Omo, I bet it was Jongin, that pabo."

 

"See? And you don't even care that I return your feelings! What are you?!"

 

"Huh?"

 

Junmyeon dives in and crashes his lips onto Sehun's, finally getting a taste he's wanted to have for so long. Sehun's lips taste like sweetness and heaven. Junmyeon can't get enough. Sehun's fists clutch onto the front of Junmyeon's shirt, as if he might leave any second. It's bliss, it's euphoria, it's paradise, it's-

 

"OKAY, OKAY, YOU CAN STOP NOW!"

 

The two of them break apart to find a traumatised Jongin with a cellphone in his hand, who they conveniently forgot was watching the drama with them. The cellphone is angled weirdly, as if pointing at them. It takes a few seconds to realise what he's done.

 

"Jongin!" Sehun screams. "Delete it!"

 

His traumatised look transfroms into an evil one, and he cackles. "Never."

 


 

"Ohh. So that's why you kept making erted jokes! I was freaked out."

 

"You were? I have another one though."

 

"Please, no."

 

"It's really cool!"

 

"..."

 

"I won't kiss you for a week!"

 

"Please. You'd break first."

 

"Yah! Respect your hyung! Who also happens to be your boyfriend!"

 

"Okay, fine."

 

"Okay, so let's say you were in the bathroom changing into your clothes or something, I'd barge in and go 'Oh you're dressed? I was hoping you'd be half !' and then we'd make out and have shower ."

 

"Hmm..." Sehun hums thoughtfully. "We could do that."

 

"Omo! Really? I told you it wasn't lame!"

 

"On one condition though, we just skip to the shower ."

 


 

A/N - Deng deng deng! It is finally done! I was kinda stuck in the middle for a while, and it's also kinda short, but I did my best! Junmyeon is such a dear and Sehun is  (x.x)

 

Hahahah let me know what you think in the comments, and upvote if you think I deserve it!

 

Check me out on tumblr ---> suhosaranghaja.tumblr.com

Ask me a question/Chat with me! ---> suhosaranghaja.tumblr.com/ask