A Day

Man and the other half

 

 

Man wakes up. Man spares a glance at a clock. It says 5.49

Decent time to wake up. Man couldn't sleep longer even if he wanted. It was Man's tummy that woke Man up. It wasn't a pleasant feeling.

Neither a bad one. It was filled butterflies. Flapping their wings, creating small gusts that travelled up and down Man's body, making Man tremble. Man was so excited. This peculiar, Man had waited it to arise for many, many years. It was hard to believe this, this mornig, was actually reality. Not one of Man's dreams where Man would wake up to this morning and be able to say, 'today I let go'.

 

Man was content, pfft, Man was happy. Happy to that extent that Man made two cups of coffee. Usually Man would only make one. One was enough, no more, no less. Man was content with that one cup of dark steaming coffee.

 

He drank the first cup with one fell swoop. It didn't burn Man's tongue, it was perfect. Man pondered if everything could be perfect on this peculiar day. Man decided to make it so.

Make this day perfect.

 


 

 

 

 

Man poured the other cup into a old white cup that Man had gotten ten years ago. That day had also been perfect. Like this day. Man held the cup in his hands, warming them with the steaming liquid. Man's feet took Man back into bedroom. Man looked at Other half. Other half was still sleeping peacefully, puffing into a pillow. Other half's back was bare, marked with red lines. Man had caused them. No need to elaborate that.

Man would let Other half sleep this well earned extra time. Other half needed it after a short night. Man left the bedroom, got a pair of slippers on and left the house. Man stepped outside, greeted by a golden ray of light, the colour was perfect. Not too hars, not too dim. It didn't blind Man neither did it make Man squint.

It was perfect.

Man walked to the usual place where Man would sit around this time of morning. A wooden bench beneath a big maple tree. It was spring time and the red leaves of that tree were about to bloom. The branches rustled in the light morning breeze as did Man's hair. Man took out a cigarette and lighted it. The smoke was perfect. The coffee made it perfect, because there ain't a better taste than coffee and a cigarette in the morning hush. Man treasured moments like these. These short but happy moments that made him smile. Man's smile was perfect, at least if asked from Other half. Smile was perfect mix of teeth and plump lips, lips that needed to be kissed from time to time to keep their owner content. Other half knew this quite well, better than the owner of those, said lips. 

 

Man got back inside, it was still somehow early to wake the sleeping beauty hence Man decided to go out and get some delicious breakfast for both of them. Man plucked out carrots, peppers, sweet potatoes and apples. Man made a perfect stew out of them. It tasted delicious, as Man had predicted.

Man was perfect.

 

At least in the kitchen

...

and in the bedroom.

 


 

 

 

Man looks around, familiar faces surrounding Man and Other half. They stand there, quietly as the bells toll. The great hall echoes with the sound of silence. It is perfect. Both Man and Other half think that.

Everything is perfect.

 

A question is asked from Man. A question holding such a high price that not everyone is ready to answer that. A question that hides nothing, question that is actually an answer. 
An answer that needs to be asked. 
A question that needs to be anwered.

 

Another man in robes asks this answer from Man.

Words float around the great hall, bouncing from the walls, slipping through the crowd, back to Man, landing on his shoulders like an eagle after a hunt back to its owner.

 

 

Answer goes like this:

Will Man let go of everything and nothing, in order to take something as his own?

Will Man believe in future and forget the past?

Will Man be ready to lie and bend the knee for another lier?

Will Man give in to another man?

Will Man be ready to let go?

 

The same asnwer is asked from Other half. Words that are nothing but syllables, group of letters that humans once agreed to hold some meaning. Words that are nothing but sounds uttered from a human.

Words that mean everything and nothing.

 

Man turns to face Other half.

Other half turns to face Man.

 

Question is answered:

"I am willing to let go."

Jiyong and Seungri say in unison.

The kiss that follows isn't a seal to hide their love in a tomb so dark, that no light should reach it. It's not a lock to keep love hidden from eyes, not a wall to keep it safe, not a castle to keep it content.

It's a sword to break that seal, it's a key to open that lock, it's a catapult to demolish that wall and it's a fire to destroy the castle.

It's freedom to let go of those things, freedom to love without anyone questioning it.

It's letting go of everything to own nothing because love is not an object one can own.

 

Still Jiyong owns Seungri's love.

As Seungri owns Jiyong's love.