Truth

Only You

“Spill it.” Hyoyeon demands as soon as Seohyun opens her eyes. The older girl knows that Luhan drove Seohyun home the night before. She didn’t know how that happened but it is so obvious she’s happy about it.

“Unnie, what are you doing here so early in the morning?” Seohyun groans as she holds her blanket and covers her entire body with it just to be grabbed away by the older girl.

“Unnie!” Seohyun whines. The poor girl is still suffering from jetlag and all she wants to do that day is sleep.

“Tell me, Seohyun. What happened to you last night with Luhan?!”

“Nothing! Aside from what you know, nothing! Now please just let me sleep.”

“Fine.” Hyoyeon decides not to interrogate the girl anymore. She knows how stubborn Seohyun is. She still hasn’t really changed. “But Seohyun, you promised me you’ll help with the wedding preparations. Be at the venue at 1 o’clock!”

Hyoyeon sighs when she didn’t hear any words from her but lets out a smile after. Seohyun always keeps her promises, anyway. With one last look at the younger girl, Hyoyeon finally leaves.

 

###

 

“Unnie, I’m so sorry I’m late! I overslept―” Seohyun stops when she sees Luhan carrying a chair. Luhan looks back but quickly diverts his attention to the girl beside him―a girl Seohyun doesn’t know. Seohyun bits her lower lip before she turns away and finally looks at Hyoyeon. The older girl looks back at her with worry evident in her eyes.

“I didn’t know he’s going to be here, Seohyun.” Hyoyeon whispers. “He came with Minseok and that girl. Her name’s Chorong, I think. His girlfriend.”

Seohyun feels like everything around her stops. Five years and it’s still him. Five years and she’s still hurting.

“It―it’s fine, unnie. He’s your friend too. I know he’d also like to help you.” Seohyun mumbles before she forces out a smile and starts speaking normally. “So what do I need to do? And where is your fiancée? I haven’t met him yet!”

Hyoyeon sighs. “Something came up. I’ll let you meet him tomorrow. Help me with the flowers. Go here and choose the flowers for me.” She hands a card to Seohyun. “You know me. You know what I’d like.”

“Alright.” Seohyun beams. “But I’ll send you pictures okay? You’re still going to be the one to do the choosing.”

Before Seohyun can leave, she hears someone calls her name. She turns around and sees Junmyeon smiling at her.

“Do you need a ride?” He asks. “I’m done here. I can accompany you.”

“That’s an excellent idea, Junmyeon!” Yoona exclaims before Seohyun can even give an answer. Seohyun didn’t miss that one second the older girl glares at Luhan and the girl smiling at him. Seohyun just shakes her head.

“Will that be fine, oppa? Don’t you have any other business to attend to?” Seohyun asks. That’s when they hear something drops. Everyone turns to where the sound came from. They see Luhan picking up the chair as Chorong looks worriedly at him. Minseok smirks before he turns to Junmyeon and nods, the latter nods back and smiles wickedly.

“No. As a matter of fact, I’ve cleared my schedule for the whole day.” Junmyeon tells Seohyun, ignoring the negativity that is possibly surrounding him because of one certain guy.

Seohyun looks at Junmyeon and smiles appreciatively. “Thank you, oppa. Let’s go.”

 

###

 

After picking the flowers and doing the necessary arrangements for Hyoyeon’s wedding next week, Seohyun and Junmyeon decide to go to a nearby restaurant and feed their starving stomachs.

“The guy’s so funny.” Junmyeon suddenly blurts out.

Seohyun raises an eyebrow. “Unnie’s fiancée? What’s his name again? Jin―Jinwon?”

“Jinki.” He corrects her. “Yeah, he’s funny. He loves chicken a lot too. Probably why Jongin likes him for his noona. But I’m not talking about him.”

“Then who are you talking about?” Seohyun asks.

“Luhan.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah. He’s obviously still into you.” Junmyeon says. Seohyun just smiles bitterly. “Seohyun, you’d be a fool if you actually believe that Chorong girl is his girlfriend.”

“She is. I saw how she looked at him. I know that look. That’s how he looked at me before. She’s in love with him.” Seohyun sighs. When she came back, she thought she can still fix everything. She knows it’s going to be difficult but she’s willing to do anything for things to be better. But Luhan is a lot madder than she thought.

“But the question is, is he in love with her?” Junmyeon takes a sip of his drink as he watches Seohyun. He loved Seohyun in the past but when she got together with Luhan, he learned to let go and be happy for her. Even then, he still cares about her. They’re friends after all.

“Have you met Chorong before?”

“No. It’s the first time he brought her with him. Minseok doesn’t even know who she is. We’re thinking he just brought her because he knew you’re coming.”

“Oppa, stop saying that.” Seohyun looks down. “I don’t really want to get my hopes up. He’s mad at me and I’m not even sure if he’s still capable of forgiving me after what I did. I want him to be happy and if it’s with her, then I have to accept it.”

“Seohyun―”

“No, oppa. Please.”

Junmyeon sighs.

 

###

 

Seohyun smiles as she finally meets Hyoyeon’s fiancée. The older girl talked about him a lot and from how their conversation is going, Seohyun understands why her favorite unnie is so in love with him. Jinki is very nice and really funny. She also notices how the two look at each other. They’re definitely meant to be together. Seohyun is so thankful Hyoyeon found a good guy.

“So Seohyun, I heard you’re planning to establish a music school?” Jinki asks.

“Yes. My dad and I have been working on the details already. Hopefully, it’ll start next year.” Seohyun beams. The reason why she went back is because of the school. She probably failed in being a well-known professional pianist but of course, she didn’t just let that five years go into waste. She studied to become a better pianist and talked to her dad about her plan. It’s going well.

“If you’d like, I’ll send you one of the best architects in my firm to help you with the design of the school.” Jinki offers.

“And who would that be, Jinki?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Luhan, of course! That guy is so good at what he does.” Jinki grins. “Luhan was actually the one who introduced me to Hyoyeon. I’m forever grateful to that guy. You guys are friends, right?”

Seohyun gulps before smiling. “We used to.”

“Oh. Then it should be a way to rekindle your friendship then? ―Ouch! What is that for Kim Hyoyeon?” Jinki glares at his fiancée who just hit his head.

“Don’t talk about that traitor in front of her.” Hyoyeon hisses.

“Oh, Luhan! There you are. We were just talking about―Ouch! You should really stop hitting me Hyoyeon!” Jinki snaps before he turns to the younger guy. “Come, join us.”

Seohyun’s eyes widen upon hearing that Luhan’s in the same restaurant as the three of them. Hyoyeon glares at her fiancée. The said guy doesn’t seem bothered though.

Luhan is about to join them but stops when he sees Seohyun. “I don’t think it’s a good idea, hyung. I should probably just go.” He steps back but Jinki suddenly stands up and drags him towards the seat beside Seohyun and pushes him.

“Oh come on, you two! I don’t know what happened but you guys will feel a lot better if you fix things between you two.” Jinki advises.

“You don’t even know what happened!” Hyoyeon points out.

“I don’t have to know it. These two look so awkward.” Jinki looks at Seohyun and Luhan who are fidgeting in their seats and looking at anything but each other. Hyoyeon rolls her eyes at her fiancée.

“Anyway Seohyun, you have to bring Soohyun with you at the wedding, okay?” Hyoyeon says. “I want to meet him. Where is he right now anyway?”

Luhan freezes in his spot. Seohyun’s eyes widen for the second time that day. She didn’t expect Hyoyeon to suddenly talk about Soohyun so openly like that, especially in front of Luhan. She’s still not ready. Hyoyeon just takes a sip of her drink, not minding the endless questions in the younger girl’s eyes.

“With my mom.” Seohyun finally whispers. “At my grandma’s. He’ll be back the day before the wedding.”

“That’s settled then!” Hyoyeon beams. “I’d really like to meet him. He’s your world, isn’t he?”

Seohyun just nods.

Luhan stands up and leaves without saying anything.

“Unnie, why did you do that?” Seohyun asks, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

“Luhan’s still very much in love with you, Seohyun. Can’t you see that?” Hyoyeon asks.

“He’s with someone else already, unnie.” Seohyun points out. It hurts her just thinking about Luhan and Chorong. She doesn’t want to get in their way. Luhan deserves to be happy.

“You two were a thing before?” Jinki asks, his eyes suddenly got bigger. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t know. But yeah, he’s with Chorong now.”

“You know her?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Yeah. She works in the firm. She had been crushing on him but Luhan never really looked at her. Until now.” Jinki explains. “But Seohyun’s with someone else right now too.”

“Huh?” Seohyun raises an eyebrow.

“Yeah. That Soohyun guy is your boyfriend, right?” Jinki asks. He’s getting confused at everything.

“You’re such a fool, Jinki!” Hyoyeon hits him on the head for the third time. “Soohyun isn’t her boyfriend!”

“Then who is he?”

“Soohyun’s her son.” Hyoyeon takes a deep breath as she looks at the younger girl in front of her. “Luhan’s the father.”

 


I bet you guys saw that coming already. Haha.