final

A Date

While waiting for Kris, Luhan was looking at the photo gallery in his cell phone. There was a folder named ‘DnD’ which was the abbreviations of Dragon and Deer, their nickname given by their fans. That folder was full with the oldest and newest selcas of him and Kris. Luhan looked at them one by one and, without his knowledge, he smiled broadly as he did that.

Kris and Luhan had been dating since long time ago. It was when the younger one met the older one for the first time and on the next day Kris confessed his love to Luhan. It was too fast, but it was love because the older one accepted his love shyly at the time. Even though they were already a couple, they never told anyone, not even their bandmates, about their relationship. They made it a secret because they did not want to make people around them freak out or worst dump them because of it. After leaving their band, Kris and Luhan secretly bought an apartment where they could spend their free time together.

Luhan gasped in surprise when he felt someone clutch his arms on his shoulders. He knew who it was. Who else could it be anyway? Luhan huffed as he turned his face to the person, but before he could speak, that person already landed a peck on his lips deeply. This is why I love you, Kris… he thought as he kissed the person back.

Kris smiled broadly at Luhan after he broke the kiss. “What are you doing here?” he asked as he ruffled the older one’s hair lovingly.

“I’m waiting for you, duh! What else?” Luhan replied.

“Maybe you’re looking at our photos too?” teased Kris as he pointed at Luhan’s cell phone that was laid on the table.

Luhan’s cheeks turned pinkish after he heard Kris’ words. He was caught up. “Is that wrong?” he asked, trying to defend him as he folded his arms and looked at the younger one sharply.

Kris chuckled at Luhan’s action which looked cute in his eyes. Everything about my petite deer is so cute, he thought. “No, but that’s sweet,” he said then he took a seat next to Luhan. “Woah, you cooked steamed buns for me?!” he exclaimed in excitement as he looked at the breakfast on the table.

Luhan smiled shyly as he rubbed his nape timidly and then he shook his head in response to Kris’ question. “My mom did,” he admitted.

“That’s so heart-breaking, you know?” said Kris with a disappointed tone. “You need to learn how to cook for me. You’re gonna be my wife anyway,” he said as he took a bun and took a bite of it. “Woah, this is a new world! Your mom is a great cooker I bet.”

“Why should I be your wife?” asked Luhan, ignoring Kris’ compliment for his mother. “Why shouldn’t you? I’m older, okay?”

“You’re older, but you’re petite and pretty and that's why you should be my wife because my wife should be petite and pretty, just like you,” Kris said. “I should be a man in this relationship, okay?”

“Ugh, I hate you, Kris…” Luhan gave up in arguing with Kris. He knew too well if it came to argue, the younger never wanted to loose. Never. It really wasted time and they did not have time to waste. He had a plan for them that day. “Have you prepared yourself for our date?” Luhan asked Kris who was eating his bun obediently.

Kris nodded. “Where are we gonna go by the way?” he asked.

“We’re gonna go to the amusement park,” replied Luhan as he took a bun also and ate it.

“Are you sure?” Kris asked again. “There will be a lot of people there. What if they recognize us?”

Luhan shook his head as he chewed the bun in his mouth. “It’s Wednesday, Kris,” he said after he swallowed the bun. “There will be less people there. We can use mask, hat, sunglasses, or else to disguise like we always do,” he continued. “Or maybe you don’t want to go there, do you?”

“Nooo,” said Kris quickly. “That’s not what I mean. I do want it so bad.” He then sipped his coffee and then smiled at Luhan happily. “It’s been a long time I didn’t go there with Ace.”

“Ace?” Luhan frowned confusedly.

“Yeah. He’ll be happy if we take him along with us. Thank you for making this plan, Lu,” said Kris as he ruffled Luhan’s hair again. He got up from his chair and said, “I’ll take Ace and set the car. I’ll wait for you at the parking lot!”

Luhan could not believe what he had heard. His plan seemed like not going well like he had planned last night. Luhan palmed his face and groaned in frustration as Kris left him alone.

 

***

 

Luhan remembered well the day when Kris got Ace for the first time. That doll was given by a fan and the younger one was so happy when he got it. Kris named it Ace and treated it so well. He never let anyone touch Ace, no one, included Luhan. That made the older one feel jealous over the doll and it made him feel silly too for feeling that feel.

The date went well. It was perfect to Luhan, but there was a minus and it was Ace. He needed to bring that doll around in his arms because Kris told him so. The younger one finally let someone else touch his precious Ace, but it was on purpose of course. He said people would recognize him as Wu Yifan if they saw him bring Ace along with him since the doll was quite famous too. He added, if Luhan brought it, people would think that Ace in his arms would be an imitation and thought that Luhan was just a boyish girl. And Kris got a hard slap on his upper arm for talking that stuff from Luhan. The older one had told the younger one to take Ace in the car, but Kris refused it.

“He will be lonely, Lu,” said Kris in a sad tone. “And what if someone kidnaps him? Oh… I would rather be dead if it’d be really happening.”

And Luhan was weak when he saw that side of Kris. Who knew someone like him would still have a five-year-old kid’s mind? But Luhan found it funny yet cute, but of course iritating. So he did not have choice, except taking Ace along with him in his arms.

They spent their time happily at the amusement park. Just like what Luhan said, there were less people at there and fortunately, no one recognized them so they could hang out without worry. It was two o’clock when Kris felt hungry and then they decided to have lunch together at the food court.

“They don’t sell my favorite coffee,” Luhan pouted as he looked down at his meal when they were already on the table, ready to have lunch.

“Oh, poor you… Wait! I think I saw a shop that sells that coffe,” said Kris. “Wait for me here, okay? I’ll buy it for you.”

“Aw, thanks, Kris!” said Luhan with happiness.

Two minutes… five minutes… ten minutes…

“Where does he go?” Luhan started to grumbled as he drink his lemon iced-tea. What takes him so long? Does he go to the Galaxy, his hometown? He wondered as he looked around the placed, hoping he would see Kris, but he was not that lucky. Suddenly, he felt the urge to go to the bathroom. I need to pee! Without thinking twice, he went to the bathroom with a speed of the light. He did not even bother when he left Ace alone on their table with their lunch.

 

***

 

It was five o’clock when Kris and Luhan got in the car, ready to go home. The happiness could be seen on each others’ face and both of them could not stop smilling after having a good time together.

“I wish it could be last forever,” wished Luhan as he leaned his back on the seat. “It was really fun! So much fun!”

Kris nodded as he started the car’s engine. “You’ll stay at our apartment, won’t you?” he asked.

Luhan nodded. “I would spend the last time of my day off with you,” he said as he looked at Kris lovingly.

Kris chuckled. “Ace will be happy then,” he said as he drove the car smoothly on the road.

Luhan rolled his eyes when Kris mentioned Ace's name. “Why?” he asked uninterestedly.

“Because you take him along with us. He must be tired now,” Kris said. He did not realize that Luhan’s face turned annoyed by his words. “By the way, Lu, why don’t I see him since we have diner? Where is he?”

“He? Who?” asked Luhan.

“My Ace, duh! Who else?”

There was a thud on Luhan’s heart after he heard Kris’ words. Oh my… I lose Ace!!! He tried to recall what he had done and where he put Ace. And then his eyes widened when he remembered it. “Kris, go back to the park! Hurry!”

“Why?”

“Don’t ask me why! Just gooo!”

Then Kris drove the car back to the amusement park, but they got a traffic jam which made they get to the park so long. When they had arrived at the park again, Kris was confused to see Luhan get off the car and ran to the gate of the park hurriedly. He did not have choice, except following the older one behind. “Hey, Lu, what’s up?” Kris asked to Luhan when the older one stopped at the closed gate. The park was already closed.

Luhan turned his body and faced Kris. His eyes welled up as he clenched his hands into fists, trying to hold up his cry. I’m fool, he cursed himself. I lose something important of Kris, my love. “I-I’m sorry…” Luhan stuttered as he looked down. He could not look at Kris into his eyes because he was so sorry and he was afraid the younger would be mad at him. “I-I… I think… I think I lose Ace at… at the food court we…”

Before Luhan could complete his sentence, Kris pulled his body into his arms and hugged him tightly. He shushed Luhan when the older one started crying on his chest. “It’s okay, Lu… it’s okay…” he said as he caressed Luhan’s back.

“Nooo, it’s not okay…” sobbed Luhan. “I lose Ace, your favorite doll! It’s very important to you and I lose it. Kris, tell me what should I do? I’m so sorry… I’m fool, so stupid!” he cursed himself as he slapped his cheeks with both of his hands.

Kris stopped Luhan for slapping himself. “It’s just a doll, Lu,” he said as he looked at the older one who was still looking down while sobbing. “Lu, look at me. Look into my eyes…”

Luhan did not respond it. He still sobbed and felt afraid to see Kris at the time.

Kris did not want to waste more time so he lifted Luhan’s chin and forced him to see his eyes. “It’s just a doll, Lu,” he repeated as he looked at the older one’s eyes with a tender look. “Ace is important, but you’re more important to me,” he said then he hugged Luhan’s shoulders as he leaded them back to the car. “Let’s go get home first, okay?”

 

***

 

“So you don’t angry with me?” asked Luhan to Kris when they were already in the living room of their apartment.

Kris shook his head and smiled. “Why should I be mad at you, huh?”

“Because I lose…”

“I told you it was okay, Lu,” cut Kris.

“But you said you’d rather be dead if…”

“Yeah, I did say that, but now that it has been happening I thought I was so silly for saying that words,” Kris cut Luhan’s words again. He was silent for a moment and then he sighed. “Ace is nothing compared you. You’re something that I can’t live with. Something that is very important to me, more than Ace.”

Luhan smiled timidly and he felt his cheeks gradually being warm. “But I’m not something, Kris. I’m someone,” he corrected.

Kris nodded. “Someone that I can’t live with that is you, only you,” he said then he hugged Luhan tightly as if he did not want to be separated from the older one. “Promise me you wouldn’t leave me, okay?”

Luhan nodded on Kris’ shoulder. “I promise. I’m forever yours,” he said and then he pulled himself away from the younger and looked into his eyes. “But I’m still feeling bad for Ace…”

“If you are, I think I have an idea to make you not to feel that way,” Kris said as he smiled naughtily.

Luhan blinked his eyes twice and fast. He did not get Kris’ meaning. “And… what’s that?”

Kris tightened his embrace on Luhan’s waist, making no escape for the older one from him. “You know, I can’t sleep without hugging my Ace,” he said as he saw at the older one’s face that slowly reddened. He secretly loved the sight. Shy Luhan is so cute! He thought. “Now that he isn’t here, would you like to sleep with me so I can hug you and sleep well?”

“I-I think… I don’t have any choice…” Luhan stuttered. He felt his heart beat faster than ever and his body felt hot.

“Of course you have any choice, Lu,” said Kris. “I wouldn’t insist you to sleep with me if you don’t want to…”

“I agree…” said Luhan weakly as he looked down. He was too shy to look at Kris. Luhan could feel his face hot. It must be redden like a boiled crab!

“Agree for what?” teased Kris.

“For sleeping with you, duh! What else?” finally Luhan had courage to look at Kris. He did not like it when the younger one .

“That’s good!” Kris exclaimed then he kissed Luhan’s lips deeply.

 

***

 

Luhan slowly opened his eyes when the sunray came into Kris’ room through the windows. He felt his waist being holded tightly and he could hear Kris’ breathing was so peacefully in his sleep. Ace is so lucky for having Kris in his sleep, he tought with jealousy and then he patted Kris’ chest to wake him up. “Wake up, Kris!” he said. Then he pecked the younger one’s lips because Kris remained sleep. “You need to get ready for photoshoot,” Luhan said after he broke the kiss.

“Let me sleep for a while with you in my arms,” Kris murmured with his eyes still closed.

“Nooo. You’ll be late and that’s bad,” Luhan said as he released himself from Kris. “Come on, wake… oh!: Suddenly, he heard Kris' cell phone rang, interrupting him. "You got a call.” He got Kris’ cell phone from the table and he saw at the caller ID. “It’s your manager, Kris.”

“Let it be~” Kris said. “I’m still sleepy.”

“Oh, come on! Don’t be lazy,” said Luhan. “You said you were a man in this relationship which is you need to work hard to earn money for us. Maybe this call is important. It’s about your photoshoot maybe.”

“Alright, alright… give me that phone,” Kris stretched his arm to reach his cell phone from Luhan.

“I’ll prepare the breakfast,” said Luhan then he left Kris alone.

 

***

 

“My wife finally cooked breakfast for me!” exclaimed Kris happily as he looked at the food on the table. Their breakfast was sandwich and coffee, but it was enough for Kris.

“But it’s too simple,” Luhan said shyly.

“Nah, it’s okay as long as you made it for me,” Kris said then he took a sandwich and ate it. “Guess what my manager told me earlier!”

“It must be about your photoshoot, right?” Luhan guessed.

Kris shook his head. “Try again!”

“He asked you to go to the photoshoot place hurriedly?”

“It’s not about my schedule, Lu! Try to guess something else.”

Luhan pouted. “But I’m bad at guessing and you know that,” he said. “Why don’t you tell me right away?”

“Because it won’t be fun,” Kris stuck his tongue out, teasing Luhan.

“But I really don’t have any idea,” said Luhan in frustration.

“Okay, okay… I’ll tell you,” Kris gave in. He smiled broadly as he looked at Luhan who was looking at him impatiently. “Ace is found!”

 

***

isn't it too long for a one-shot?

how was the story? :)

feel free to comment and criticize it~

thanks for reading! *bow*