November 1st

Just the Two of Us

As the squares were shaking inside the Apple iPad, Krystal tapped the X button of a freshly downloaded application. It was time to delete the Zigzag game she’s been playing since yesterday and probably go out of the room, to get a life or something, the thought crossed her. Krystal immediately shook her head to rub it off. Get a life you say? Aint gonna happen.

 

It's almost the 1st of November and Ariana Grande’s Last Christmas was booming out of the speaker. It was noisy as hell outside but she didn’t care. Even if it wasn’t noisy, she still wouldn’t care. Well the explanation was simple: because she’s Krystal Jung and Krystal Jung doesn’t give a single flying .

 

“I seriously need to get a life,” Krystal muttered to herself. Amidst the loud blasting music she heard a little ring and felt a vibration in her pocket, a text message? She quickly pulled out her phone and what a pleasant surprise she found.

 

From: Unknown Number
last christmas on a halloween? not a very good combo ;)

 

Even if the message was from an unknown sender, Krystal still knew. She didn’t know how this guy got her number but she knew who it was alright; it was boy next door Oh Sehun.

 

It was the other day when the guy moved, around that time Krystal was lying in her bed – the usual. The clock ticked at exactly 1PM when she heard an unpleasant noise of a truck and huge boxes being dropped. Weird, she thought. It sounded like someone was moving but who in the right mind would actually move in a dead end street.

 

Curiously, still not giving a care, Krystal peeked outside her window to find that her guess was actually right. Excluding the movers, she saw three men standing outside the house. There’s someone who looks like the dad, the youngest about 3 or 4 years old and a guy about her age. It was an all man family? How troublesome. Just when Krystal was going to close the curtain, the guy around her age directed his eyes on her. Well, isn’t this surprising.

 

He looked – she looked back – it was like that for 5 seconds.  Intriguing, they both thought to each other. There was something more in his eyes Krystal found so amusing regardless of that straight face carved out of him. She glanced back one last time and oh my he did too, wearing a teasing smile that almost looked smirky. Krystal closed the curtain in a split-second, burning with embarrassment and vexation.

 

Ding dong

 

The doorbell rang, snapping her out of the little daydream. It was already the ninth time it rang tonight though and Krystal was annoyed as hell. She flopped her legs out of bed and lazily stood up, grumbling swear words again and again. Sure it was Halloween but she really could not get how her neighbors didn’t understand the enormous WE HAVE NO CANDY sign outside the door? Was it really that dark outside? A huge sigh was all she could heave.

 

While Krystal was going down the bell continuously rang and she was continuously annoyed. “Coming!” she hollered, putting on slippers and picked up her pace.

 

“We have no candy okay!” she screamed, aggressively opened the door and pointed at the sign after. “Huk.. huk.. miss.. I down now how read huk.. Trick o treat.” It felt like an ice water bucket splashing on her face when she discovered that the little boy in front of her was crying. “No. Wait. Don’t cry. Ugh.”

 

“I hate this.” Krystal fiddled with her jeans and luckily found a mint candy she got from her mom this morning, “Here.”  The kid took the candy with a huge smile, as if he had not bursted in tears a while ago. “Run along now,” she watched as the little boy wearing a Batman costume skip away.

 

While gently rubbing her temples Krystal heaved a sigh again, “Kids.” It’s not like she hated them or anything, she just didn’t know how to approach and get along. Actually it wasn’t only with kids; it was with people in general. She lived a lonely life, barely interacting with anyone. A loner, a jackass covered in scars.

 

Still standing at the door, she felt something unusual about the air. It was like someone was there. Wow no dude I know it’s a scary night but I still don’t believe in ghosts, Krystal’s thoughts blasted wildly.

 

She looked to her left because she heard some footsteps. “ off who’s there?” There was a little hint of anxiety in her voice but she went on defense mode straightaway.

 

 

The clock ticked at exactly 12AM. 

Right there and then she saw the man who was darker than the night of November 1st.

 

 

“Boo.” 

 

Author's Note: Kala mo si slenderman lng nakita HH hhHh hHAHA