Satan, Ursula and Banshees.

Hong-alarm

Peace.

 Quite a foreign concept in the VIXX dorm. At ungodly hours you can hear Jaehwan yelling something that makes no sense, you can hear Wonshik’s loud laughter as he trips Jaehwan, then there is the ever quiet Taekwoon who’s munching on whatever foods he can find in their fridge on the sofa. There’s Hakyeon, the resident ‘umma’ who can usually be seen passed out next to Taekwoon unable to cope with his brothers…ooops, ‘sons’ anymore after such a long day and then there are the maknaes.

The older of the two, Hongbin, sometimes likes to be in his room but mostly he’s with s either watching along as Jaehwan and Wonshik make themselves fools or he’s joining in the fun (which usually makes Hakyeon question the wrongs he has done in life and ask God ‘why?’).

Then we have Sanghyuk. Ah, the cute maknae who tries to please all of his hyungs. He is the embodiment of polite and sweet. Always loving and caring, never making his hyungs yell. NOT! According to Hongbin he is nothing but a big ball of evil. The actual spawn of Satan. Hongbin is fully convinced that Sanghyuk was found at the base of a volcano (he believes that the volcano is one of hell’s openings…don’t ask...Hongbin is delusional). He constantly tells Jaehwan that even Satan couldn’t handle Sanghyuk. However that still doesn’t stop Hongbin from teaming up with Sanghyuk whenever he could to cause mischief and mayhem.

Sanghyuk on the other hand believes Hongbin is the real spawn of Satan (because come on everyone knows that evil comes in the form of hot guys with killer dimples and dreamy abs duh!). When they’re not being evil together however the atmosphere between the two gets a bit tense. Kind of awkward. It’s not that they dislike eachother. No, quite the contrary. Hongbin really loves his dongsaeng and Sanghyuk couldn’t imagine life without his youngest hyung but when they’re together, alone, the two share shy smiles…sort of like walking on egg shells around eachother and Hakyeon has had enough.

“Those two are gonna learn to be comfortable around each other or so help me God I shall give them more chores to do” Hakyeon huffs to Taekwoon, Jaehwan and Wonshik. They all agree.

“HONGBIN WAKE SANGHYUK UP! HE’S GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!”

“UGHHHH HYUNG WHY? YOU WAKE HIM UP!”

“LEE HONGBIN!”

“Ok...ok sheesh.” Hongbin sluggishly makes his way towards the maknae’s room. “Hyuk, hey Satan, he nudges him with his feet. Sanghyukkie wake up.” Sanghyuk groans and cuddles into his blanket. Hongbin smiles a bit and stoops down to touch him. “Hyukkie wake up or you’ll be late. You have school in an hour. Come on Hyuk” he ends in a whisper. his maknae’s hair, he trails is index finger down the side of his face, admiring his jaw line. He feels Sanghyuk tremble under his touch and Hongbin smirks. “Han Satan if you don’t get up I won’t hesitate to tickle you until you pee” and to prove he wasn’t joking Hongbin tickles him a bit. Sanghyuk groans and open his eyes a bit. He sits up and Hongbin pulls his arms away. Sanghyuk looks at him with droopy eyes and whines. Hongbin claps him on the back, “get up hellboy you have to eat and bathe and do all that ish.”

After fifteen minutes Sanghyuk saunters into their little kitchen with sleep still clogging his mind but he smells like the soap they use so Hakyeon is pleased. Taekwoon hugs him as he usually does and Sanghyuk robotically collects his coffee from Wonshik’s outstretched hand. Jaewhan pats him on the back and Hakyeon hands him his breakfast. It is a routine and no one can remember how it started. Sanghyuk looks around for Hongbin and receives the customary nod of the head. These things make Sanghyuk’s mornings magical. The simple love and attention from his hyungs. He is spoiled and he knows it. They all eat breakfast together and Hakyeon insists the two maknaes sit next to eachther (something about social places and age appropriate stuff—no one really bothers to listen). Sanghyuk is still sleepy and almost ends up face first in his breakfast but Hongbin catches him, “whoa there Satan.”

Sannghyuk tries to glare at him but Jaehwan laughs calling him a puppy. Sighing, he bids his hyungs goodbye and makes his way for school.

“GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAM TODAY!” they yell in sync.

“Wow the teamwork in VIXX has reached a whole new level” he snickers to himself.

Hongbin looks up, “wait, Hyuk has an exam today?” The other boys stare at him and Hongbin vaguely remembers the maknae crying about the exam he was sure to fail and Hongbin is running out the door. He catches up to his dongsaeng. Barely.

“Hyung?”

Panting he raises his left hand up and he bends over with his right hand on his knee. “Good luck Sanghyukkie. You’re not stupid, focus on what you do know and think about how awesome it is that you actually know all of that. You’re only a cyborg in Error ok not in real life. Don’t beat yourself up.”

Sanghyuk smiles “you ran all the way to tell me that Binnie hyung? You do have my phone number you know. You can text me.”

“Listen sass mouth saying good luck through a text doesn’t give the same feel as face to face.”

“Right, well thank you BeanBong hyung. I’ll go now. See you!” and Sanghyuk sprints. Hongbin makes his way back to the dorm and receives raised eyebrows from the other dimsums.

 “He’s Satan. Just sassy evil.”

The five boys practise all day, hardly taking breaks and dancing until sweat is pouring from their every pores. It is filled with laughter and they try to make it fun. Hongbin and Jaehwan chase Hakyeon around the room while Wonshik is stretched out on Taekwoon’s legs. They sing and work on their weak points, encouraging eachother and just enjoying their time together. At seven the practise door opens and their maknae enters, head down and body moving at a lethargic pace. Taekwoon gets up and takes his backpack away from him. Sanghyuk looks up and smiles at his hyungs.

“You look like a trainwreck Hyuk” Wonshik says. Sanghyuk rolls his eyes.

“How was the exam Hyukkawaii?” Hakyeon says softly. Sanghyuk doesn’t answer, instead he looks down intent on memorising the pattern of the floor.

“It…it was ok” he finally answers. “I didn’t fail but I didn’t do so good either.”

Jaehwan hugs him. “Hey that’s ok. Cheer up. Come on let’s dance. Maybe that will help.” Hongbin stops them as they pass by him and he looks at Sanghyuk.

“Cyborg only in Error remember.” Sanghyuk cracks a smile and nods. The six boys then continue to dance, all subtly trying to cheer Sanghyuk up. They order some food and eat and play games. They sing a bit and then go home.

The next morning Hakyeon orders Hongbin to wake Sanghyuk again.

“But why? He hasn’t school today.”

“We have a schedule at one in the afternoon so just wake him up. It’s already ten Hongbin.”

Reluctantly Hongbin gets up and makes his way for Sanghyuk’ room. He sits down on the bed beside him and stares at his face a little, internally cooing at how cute he is. “Hyuk, he says in a soft voice. Hyuk you have to get up now. It’s ten in the morning and Hakyeon is being a mother hen again.” Sanghyuk rolls to the other side and mumbles incoherently. Hongbin sighs. He tries to pull the covers off of him but Sanghyuk held on tight. “SangieSangie wake up.”

“Go away hyung” Sanghyuk croaks and Hongbin raises his eyebrows.

“I’m coming under those covers with you if you don’t get up and then I’m going to beat you up until you have no choice but to get up” he threatens. Sanghyuk doesn’t answer and Hongbin pulls the covers harshly and slips under before Sanghyuk could pull them back up. The minute Hongbin gets under the covers he is enveloped in Sanghyuk’s body heat and he moans at the comforting warmth. Sanghyuk turns over and looks at him questioningly.

“I thought you were going to beat me up?”

“It’s warm. I knew you were the spawn of Satan.” Sanghyuk smirks and lies on his belly, teasingly throwing his arm over Hongbin’s chest. Hongbin shamelessly cuddles into it surprising Sanghyuk.

“Hyung?”

“Shut up” and Sanghyuk ends up intertwining their legs together and Hongbin rests his head on his chest, listening to his gentle heartbeats.

“It’s been an hour, where are Hongbin and Sanghyuk?” Hakyeon asks. Jaehwan shrugs and looks at Taekwoon and Wonshik.

 Sanghyuk and Hongbin are pleasantly asleep in eachother’s arms, warm and safe until the shrieking of a banshee interrupts their peaceful moment.

Hongbin hurriedly raises his head, bumping it on Sanghyuk’s chin, bursting his lip and they both scramble away from eachother. Hakyeon stands infront of them looking like Ursula the sea witch. The other three lackeys behind him gaping at the two maknaes.

“HONGBIN! I ASKED YOU TO WAKE HIM UP NOT TO CUDDLE WITH HIM! Look, I’m glad you two are finally being lovey dovey and not awkward around eachother because seriously I was about to go crazy with the weirdness but guys TIME AND PLACE!”

“But hyuuuuuung...” Hongbin gulps as Hakyeon seems to grow taller by the second and wait…is that hair flaring out and where the heck did a firey background come from and why are his eyes pits of fire?

“Yes Lee Hongbin?” he calmy (scary oh my god so scary) says.

“He was so warm.”

“Lee Hongbin you want warm? We’ve got an oven. Do you want to be Hansel or Gretel?”

“Right uhhh…yeah Sanghyuk WAKE UP! Heheheheh see I did what you asked now…bye!” Hongbin scrambles out of the room breathing heavily.