His Birthday

Almost, but not completely Forgotten

Chapter One 

It was April 12th. Sehun's birthday was today, and Jongin had something big planned out for him. 

 

Sehun was growing impatient. With his lover's hands covering his eyes, he couldn't tell where he was leading him.  

 

"How much longer?" Sehun whined, pouting. Jongin chuckled hearing his reaction. 

 

"Just a bit longer.." He noticed they had reached their destination soon after he spoke. "Okay.. Almost there.." Jongin led him up the stairs, through the door, and into the main room. "Surprise!" 

 

Jongin's hands left Sehun's eyes, and he realized they weren't alone. It was all of EXO. All of them hadn't been in the same room in years. Even Kris, Luhan and Tao showed up. "Omo.." Sehun's eyes began to well up with tears. He couldn't explain how happy this surprise made him feel. 

 

"Jongin.." Sehun forced out in a choked voice. "You had them all come.. For me?" Jongin nodded in response, taking Sehun's hands in his own. "Happy Birthday, Sehuna." A warm smile crept across his lips as he leaned in close, placing a loving but gentle kiss onto his lips. 

 

"Sehuuuuun!~ Of course we all decided to come for your birthday, it's a once a year thing anyways! What better things could we possibly have planned? What's more important than our diva?" Kyungsoo stepped out of the group, his eyes locked on the couple. "You're becoming an old man Oh Sehun." Kyungsoo grinned, nudging him. 

 

"Oh, well thank you very much Satan. And you're becoming scarier by the day." Everyone couldn't help but laugh at that comment. Sehun smiled like an idiot, rolling his eyes.  

 

"Sehuna! All of us sorta pitched in to buy you a gift to celebrate your birthday. I mean it's not much, but we scrapped together what we could." Luhan smiled warmly as he placed a neatly wrapped present onto Sehun's lap. His eyes widened at the sight of a present from the people he loved and cherished most. 

 

"G-Guys.. You didn't have to go through the trouble of getting me a gift." Sehun pouted, looking up towards everyone. "Don't argue idiot! Just open the present!" Lay nudged him playfully, urging him to open the gift. Sehun sighed heavily as he pulled the string of the well made bow, and quickly ripped the wrapping paper that was around the medium sized package. He gained the courage to pop the box open, to find a bracelet. It wasn't just a gift that you could find in any retail store. But it was a bracelet with all of EXO's powers on it, with his symbol being the biggest. At that moment, everyone lifted up their arms, and pulled the sleeves of their jackets down to reveal their wrists. Every single one of them had the similar bracelet. 

 

"We thought you'd like it. Even though we're not part of EXO anymore, we'll always be brothers. Whether we're together physically or not, we'll always be together in heart. All of you are so valuable in my life." Tao smiled passionately towards Sehun as he walked up to him, giving his fellow maknae a tight hug. 

 

"Hey, Sehun." Chen called him out with a raised eyebrow. "Look behind you." Sehun realized he hadn't been paying much attention to his surroundings due to the happiness he was feeling inside. He quickly turned around, averting his gaze directly to Jongin. His heart stopped. He ly to find a kneeling Jongin, holding a small box in his hand. 

 

"Sehun.. We've been together for 3 years already and it's the 3 greatest ones I've experienced. I want to always be the one to love and protect you. I cannot imagine life without you. Let me be the one to lift you off your feet as we begin our new life together." Jongin looked up at his lover with soft eyes. "Will you marry me?" Sehun was able to feel his heart about to jump out of his chest. His eyes began b with tears as a lump formed in his throat. "O-Of course I will you idiot!" 

 

The whole room echoed with cheering as Jongin opened the box revealing a glistening ring, and he hastily slid it onto Sehun's slim finger. Jongin stood up and s his arms around Sehun's waist and pulled him close, tenderly pressing his lips against his. Pulling away a moment later, he cupped Sehun's face in his hands as their eyes met. "I love you, Oh Sehun. More than you can ever imagine. More than I can ever possibly express, my love." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

The celebration of Sehun's birthday and the newly engaged couple eventually began coming to an end, leaving everyone to say their goodbyes. "Thank you guys for putting time into your schedules just to come here. It means so much to me. I do miss being with you all." Sehun fanned his face, trying to refrain from crying out of happiness once more.

 

"No problem you drama queen." Kris responded in a teasing tone, chuckling before ruffling the maknae's hair. "YAH!" Sehun slapped Kris' hand away, laughing not long after. "I love you all, and keep in touch! You hear?!" All the members nodded in response, giving family kisses to one another, and exchanging hugs. Sehun couldn't quite explain this warm feeling inside. It was something he had never felt before. 

 

"You ready to go home then baby?" Jongin slid his arm around Sehun's waist again, flashing him a loving smile before placing a light kiss onto his cheek. "Y-Yeah!" He said goodbye to everyone one last time before heading out the door. He ran ahead of Jongin, in a playful manner.

 

"Yah! Kim Jongin!" Sehun yelled, skipping into the road, waving toward Jongin. "Better hurry!~" He joked as Jongin shook his head while smiling. 

 

"Awe baby, you're too slow!" Sehun tilted his head with a smirk. "Oh am I now?" Jongin laughed wholeheartedly, looking at the ground with an idiotic grin. But suddenly, his eyes darted up from the sound of a shriek, and the sound of something colliding together. With his throat dry and eyes widened, he cried in pure horror from the sight 20 feet in front of him. "SEHUN!"