Can you see it?

Colors

The black pavement under his feet is very interesting at the moment. Every step he takes makes his heart break. He doesn't want to look up. Because he knows he would only be greeted with black, grey and white. He doesn't want to see those colors when he knows that everyone around him sees different colors as he does. 

He watches the feet that wal pass him. Everyone is in pair. Everyone has found their soulmate. Which means, their world is more beautiful than his. Their world consists more colors than his. They know how each color looks like, and for Jackson, he only knows it from his friends who have found their other halves.

He was told that red is the color of love, but it can also mean war and blood. Jackson thinks it is understandable since love is a type of war everyone has to face.

There are a lot more colors his friends had told him. It makes him excited, yet heartbroken at the same time. It makes him want to meet his soulmate faster, but it makes him wonder if he will ever find the one. 

Jackson is jealous to say the least. He wants to see the colors too. He wants to see the beautiful world everyone is talking about. Most importantly, he wants to feel love. He wants to meet his destined partner. He doesn't want to live in the world where shadows and people are the same color. He doesn't want to see flowers that look like they're dead. Most importantly, he doesn't want to live his life without knowing why red is the color of love.

He walks and walks without any destination. He just lets his feet bring him to anywhere they want. Nothing is interesting in his eyes when everything he sees is in black and white. He hears the laughter. He feels the happiness vibrating from it. He doesn't hate it, it just brings the color green to his heart, jealousy. He wants to laugh with his significant other too. He wants to be the reason someone is happy. 

His steps halted when his shoulder is tapped. He forces his head to look up at the person responsible for it. He is met with a man smilong brightly at him, too bright if you ask him. 

The man sees the confusion on Jackson's face when he introduces himself. 

Jackson is, without doubt, confused. But later, the confusion disappears when the man, who introduced himself as Jaebum took out a camera and asks him to take a picture of him and his lover. Jackson wants to decline, but seeing the man's blinding smile, he agrees. 

 

"Hey Jinyoung! I found someone to take a picture of us!" Jaebum shouts.

 

Jackson thinks that Jaebum's soulmate would be a beautiful lady because he is a charming man, but that's where he thought wrong. When a guy comes and wraps his arm around Jaebum's waist, he can't feign the shock on his face. He's not homophobic but he is shocked that he has thought wrong. Well, that Jinyoung guy can actually pass as a girl, so he doesn't have to feel too guilty about it.

He smiles and tales the camera to his eye level. The couple in front of him grin widely and Jackson can feel the love from behind the camera. Their love is strong, that is undeniable. 

After taking a few shots, he gives the camera back to Jaebum. The smiles he receives makes him smile too. Bidding their goodbyes, Jackson is satisfied as he just made a couple happy. 

("I hope he finds his soulmate soon and be happy like us. He's such a nice guy."

"I hope so too, Jinyoung. I hope so too." They talked in hushed voice while watching Jackson's disappearing back)

Walking with a little bit of confidence now, he ensures himself that he will find his soulmate. If not now, soon.

And when he does find his soulmate, he will make sure red is only for love and not war. He will make sure that green will never appear in their relationship. Only pink, blue and yellow will exist in their relationship. 

His steps halted once again when laughter greets his ears. It is not something out of ordinary but there's something stopping him from continuing his walk. The laughter is so melodious and if he can remember it correctly, he would use purple to describe it. 

He tries to find the source of the boice and when he does, he is not disappointed at all. The owner of the laugh is beautiful. He doesn't know if the word can be used to describe him as he is more than that. Every word he knows can't be used at the moment. He never thinks a person, or more specifically a guy can be so attractive while laughing.  He knows he is staring, but he doesn't care. If he can, he wants to look at the beautiful face all day long.

Maybe the guy feels Jackson's eyes on him because he stops laughing and looks straight into Jackson's eyes. And at the moment their eyes met, all they can see is pink. 

Jackson thinks the guy's beautiful in black and white, but he is absolutely breathtaking in colors. That's when it hits him.

He can finally see colors. He has found his soulmate. 

He looks around him to confirm it and yes, he can finally see the calming blue sky even if he can't stare at it for too long even if he tries to. He can see the green nature which brings peace and calmness in his heart.

He knows he has to make his move now if he doesn't want to lose his chance, so he strides to his soulmate and smiles brightly.

 

"Hi. I'm Jackson." 

"Hello. I'm Mark."

"Can you see the colors?" Jackson asks.

"What color are you talking about? Everything is black and white for me."

 

He once thought that seeing colors can make him happy. He never knows that it can make him heartbroken too.

 

He once thought that finding his soulmate would be the end of his miserable life. But he never knows that it can be the cause too.

 

*^*

Meaning of colors I used;

Red: love, war, violence and blood

Pink: love and romance

Green: jealousy and nature

Yellow: happiness

Blue: calm

Purple: elegance

 

That's it! I hope you like it! Thanks for reading!

 

Lots of love,

WG