PlayDay - Part 1

Play Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Now this piece that you're holding there son, is one rare vase we were able to attain from the local museum. We only have it on show case for a few days before it's shipped back." The store owner of the antique shop explained to the group of three young adults. 

Naeun's brain processed all the valuable information that he was telling them. She was in awe at how little moments of historical material could tell a whole story of the events in the past. Her eyes sparkled at the rusted dull vase which was lying in Kai's hands.

"I'll let you wonderful folks look at it, call me if you need anything." The owner saluted them, before heading back behind the cash register.

"wow, This is one of its kind, it looks so priceless." She beamed at the antique that was currently twirling in Kai's hand. 

"psht, this is probably fake. The guys probably scamming us all, you never know." Kai reminded her.

Naeun just scrunched her nose at his remark and leaned in to have a better look at it when Sehun had accidently bumped his back into Kai's elbow.

and the priceless vase was knocked right out of Kai's hands and onto the wooden floor into millions of pieces. 

That's what Kai got for making fun of ancient history, you just don't do that. 

When Sehun had stopped in front of the old antique store because a guitar had caught his eye, Naeun had already warned him not to go in. She knew the materials inside were beyond words could express and if any mishaps did happen then it would just be hell for them. And usually mishaps did happen when she was with Kai and Sehun. To prove a point, Naeun is always right. 

"fu*k, dude. watch where you're walking." Kai exclaimed, moving him and Naeun away from the shattered glass.

Naeun just watched in horror as the owner of the store came running to the scene. His face had gone pale and he looked like he was going to faint any second now. 

"No, no , NO, What did you do?!" He yelled as he bent down to observe the damage. 

Naeun was speechless, she didn't know what to say. 

"W-we're so sorry sir, we didn't mean to -" Naeun started off, hoping her words would make a difference.

"You worthless kids, do you know how much this place is worth huh?! more than what you can own in your whole life time." He spat as he stood up to glare at all three of them. 

"It was just an accident." Kai butted in. 

"I will have you know that this vase was shipped all the way from Tanzania. How will you pay me back." He demanded.

Kai arched his eyebrow, he might find history boring but he did recall the owner saying the vase was from China. 

"Didn't you just tell us it was from China a minute ago?" Kai questioned. 

The man was flustered, his ear turning a shade of pink before he stuttered. "I-I mean China. dammit, get out of here before I report all of you."

He eyed them with nervousness because the authenticity of the vase was on the line more than the shattered vase.

Kai just smirked and shook his head. He pushed Naeun and Sehun out the door of the shop before he lost his cool.

"You stupid idiot, What the heck were you doing huh, you broke a freaking Vase!" Naeun yelled at Sehun who just flinched because she was shouting in his ear.

"Ow woman, my ear is sensitive." Sehun replied.

"Well wasn't that a very insightful fake part of history we learned today." Kai teased into Naeun's face and swung his arm around her neck. 

"I can't believe he had the nerve to fake history. I don't know if I'm mad that Sehun pushed you or grateful." She wondered out loud while they all walked down the narrow pathway of stores. 

'Be grateful Naeun-ah, we just saved people from hearing the wrong information." Sehun voiced. 

"and that guitar looked pretty unauthentic to me. You know what the selling price was? $1500. That guy is n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter