There's No Place Like Home

Changing the Perspective of Everything

I was just a normal 19 year old girl, living in America trying to finish college and become a kindergarten teacher. I had a seemingly boring life, until one day, I was walking home from my night class, taught by my all time favorite professor Mrs. Burnes who always said, "If you see a situation that needs aiding, take the opportunity and help." She was a volunteer at several different businesses and was a self-proclaimed self-motivator. I was walking home one night at around 10 o'clock when I noticed these 2 men harrassing a high school student, so taking Mrs. Burnes advice, I did something I would regret for a long time. 

I walked over to the scene and tapped the one very tall, muscular guy on the shoulder. He turned around and smirked.

"Another one wants to play too?" he said in a disgusting tone.

"Why don't you leave the poor girl alone. She looks no older than 16." I said crossing my arms. Nothing was happening to this girl on my watch.

"Lady, you don't know who this child is so I would suggest that you walk away. She's a lot more powerful then us 2," the other man said, raising his left eyebrow.

"You know, my name isn't lady and I have enough common sense to see that you two are harrassing this poor, innocent child," I said moving my arms to my hips. "You're only making up excuses so that I will leave and you can do whatever with this girl."

"You know, didn't the prince say he wanted some spunky?" the tall muscular guy said leaning in towards me, causing me to lean backwards.

"You can't be thinking-" the other man started to say before getting cut off by a car speeding down the street.

"You're the rookie here." the muscular guy said to the short, slouchy man. "Alright, this is going to be the ride of your life, princess." he said to me before taking my arms and shoving me into a car.

"HEY! JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING TO ME?!" I screamed at him. He showed no reaction and instead played with his lip ring with his tongue. "LOOK AT ME!" I screamed again in his face. Seeing as this strange, ert wasn't going to let me go, I kneed him in the groin and spit in his face... No reaction. "What are you? Made out of steel?" I asked him calmer. He showed some reaction and smirked at me before slamming the car door shut. As I look in the car, I notice that there was no driver.

"Hey, is this some kind of jo-" I ask rolling down the window only to see no one there, like it never happened, but here I was still sitting in this car. There was no trace of any person around. No chattering from teenagers in the distance or any lights on from the stores that were open just 5 minutes ago. In fact, I wasn't even on a street anymore.

As I try to open the door, the window goes up automatically, locking the doors and a robotic voice comes from the speakers, "Please don't try to escape, all attempts will fail." I scoffed and started to climb in the front seat before a screen came up blocking me to the back seat.

"I see you're being difficult," the robotic woman said, "I'll just have to take measures into my own hands." As she finished her sentence, automatically a seat belt crosses over my body, preventing me from moving anywhere.

"You're in for quite a ride, queen consort," the robotic voice says to me again before the car takes off down the road and the whole car blares a flaming white color just as I think to myself, queen consort, like the king's wife?!