Jetlag and Ice Cream are a Good Combination

Jetlag and Ice Cream are a Good Combination

Donghae's POV

"Hyukjae!" I pounded on the said person's bedroom door before taking a bite from my ice cream. "Lee Hyukjae!" I shouted again. Nothing. Zilch. Na-da. What is it with this guy? I know we just flew in from Taiwan this morning but he's been sleeping the whole day. And I'm bored!

I saw Kyuhyun walk out of the other room, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. I probably woke him up. Poor kid. I'm guessing Sungmin-hyung is still asleep in his own bed. The guy can sleep through practically anything. I don't blame him. We're all tired. We just wrapped up SJ-M activities in China yesterday, flew to Taiwan for one last performance, and were finally able to go home this morning. We've been given the whole day to rest and all of us have been sleeping. I woke up at around noon, watched TV and ate all the food in our fridge. That told me that Ryeowook was also asleep. If he was awake, I wouldn't have run out food. Which is why I came down to the 11th floor. I ransacked the 11th floor-ers fridge.

NOTHING. Damn it.

I watched some TV for a bit but then remembered that there was nothing good on, so I went Yesung-hyung's room and played with his children but that only made me more bored. I grabbed Kyu's phone and took some selcas but that only kept me occupied for about a minute. I went back to the fridge and opened the freezer, and lo and behold,

Ice cream.

I could almost hear the chorus of the angels and the light shining from heaven as I held the beloved carton of frozen goodness in my hand. It was labeled 'Eunhyuk's. Do not eat. That means you, Donghae.' - but I'm sure he wouldn't mind much.

Now, I've deduced that in order to be happy in my spare time, I needed to spend time with a buddy. Siwon was out doing a schedule, which only left Hyukjae. So here I am now, knocking on his door.

"Hyung, what are making so much noise for?" Kyuhyun asked stifling a yawn.

"I'm trying to wake Hyukjae up. I'm really bored." I lifted the carton of ice cream. "Want some?" Kyuhyun accepted the carton and spoon and took a bite while I resumed my task of waking one Lee Hyukjae.

"Eunhyuk! Hyuk-ah! Lee Hyukjae! Myolchi! Eunhyuk!" I thought of every possible name to call this friend and proceeded to pound on the door. He should be happy to see me. He loves me...at least I think he does. Although lately, he's been getting really close with Yesung-hyung.

I gasped. This. Cannot. Be.

I pounded on the door. Kyuhyun flinched at the loud noise but continued to eat the ice cream.

Finally, the door opened revealing a very grumpy looking Anchovy. "What, Donghae, what?!"

"You don't sound very happy." Our maknae pointed out, eating another spoonful of ice cream.

"Do I look happy, Kyuhyun-ah?" He narrowed his eyes at the younger man, and then turned to face me. "What? What do you want?"

I smiled at my friend and moved to give him a hug. "I've missed you!" But the guy frickin' pushed me back.

Me? Adorable Hae! The nerve on him.

"What. Do. You. Want." Hyuk spoke through gritted teeth. Nope. He was not happy at all.

"I'm bored?" I smiled sheepishly at him.

"You're bored?" Hyuk said not without mirth.

I kind of regret that I had to wake him. He does look tired. Why didn't I think of that before? He has bags under his eyes and he hasn't taken a shower since we came back. He must've been too tired and went staright to bed. Aw, now I feel really bad. But no. I started this. I have to finish it. "I ran out of shows to watch on TV. And then we ran out of food in the fridge. And I thought, 'hey, why not come visit my best friend in the whole wide world, who I love, and would forgive me for causing a ruckus and waking him up?' So I came down here. But your door was locked so I knocked."

"You didn't knock. You banged and pounded and shouted and made A LOT of noise." Hyuk pointed out. "I was trying to sleep."

"So, we've noticed." Kyuhyun so bluntly replied. Eunhyuk glared at him again. Boy, this kid was NOT being helpful.

I turned back to Eunhyuk and saw that his death glare was once again directed at me. I don't think I've ever seen him this mad before. This is Eunhyuk for goodness' sake. He's not supposed to have a fiber of hate in him. Which is all the more worse because I caused the said anger. I am in for a world of trouble.

"In other words, you woke me up for nothing?"

"Wow. You're smart." I laughed nervously. I saw his eyes narrow at me. As if his eyes could get any smaller. I felt my guilt slowly being engulfed by my nervousness. Angry Eunhyuk is scary Eunhyuk. I swallowed and took a small step closer to Kyuhyun - who kept quiet eating ice cream this whole time. I don't think I want to play with scary Eunhyuk anymore. Then it hit me.

"Actually, there is this other thing."

"What."

I took a deep breath to steady calm my nerves. Lord, forgive me for what I am about to do.

"Kyuhyun ate your ice cream."

I looked at Kyuhyun to see his reaction and immediately regretted it. He looked back me with an expression of so much hurt and betrayal from his hyung that I would've shed tears if I wasn't so scared for my life at the moment.

I sacrificed one of my members for my own sake. I should be kicked out of Super Junor. I should be hit with every punch thrown by each of our members. Hankyung-hyung and Zhoumi included. I'll fly all the way to China just to let them hit me and punish me for putting our maknae in harm's way. And Henry! What would Henry say? He looked up to me. Poor kid had to get me for a hyung. I'm a terrible brother. Leeteuk-hyung raised us to be better than this. I should not have stooped down to this level. I should own up to my faults. Be a man. Because that's what I am. A man.

I took another breath and faced Eunhyuk. But when I saw the expression in his face. So much wrath. So much loathing. I quickly abandoned all my manly-man thoughts. I mouthed Kyuhyun a 'Sorry, Kyu." And stepped away just in time for Eunhyuk approach our baby in the group.

I quietly left the dorm and could only make out a bit of the argument - that I caused - through the thick door.

"Really, Kyu?! How could you?!" The older man shouted, obviously redirecting his anger at me on the younger one.

"Hyung, I swear, I didn't know." Baby tried to reason.

I sighed. I really am sorry, Kyu. I'll definitely make it up to you. Oh well. I'm gonna go bother Heechul-hyung now.


Well that came out longer than I expected. I think it's too long for a drabble. Drabble-ish, maybe? Hahaha. It just came to me while I was thinking up of an update for "Through Their Eyes". I hope you enjoyed this one. Cheers. ^^