Becoming a Jerk

A Living Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo’s POV:

It was the same night -the night when I gained my memory of saving that little boy. If you asked me how I felt, I couldn’t describe it with words. I was happy, relieved, I don’t know… But I guess it’s a good thing. At least I know I died doing a good deed.

Woohyun came not long after I finished my conversation with Sungkyu. Sungkyu told him about the boy.

“Wait a minute…” I said when I heard Hyunae opened her door. I walked out. “Haven’t sleep yet?”

She shook her head. “Oh, I have an appointment with my friends tomorrow. I’ll be late.”

“Your friends who? Youngji?”

She shook her head again. “My classmates. We’re doing a project.”

“Ah~ I see.”

She took a glass of water and drank it. Soon she walked back to her room. “Good night,” she smiled and I nodded.

Hyunae is a sweet girl. She may look like a weak girl who depend her whole life to others, but she is actually an independent girl. She handled her problem pretty well herself. How do I know? It’s just that she never complain about anything.

I took a can of beer and bring it to my room.

I was about to open the door when I heard Sungkyu talking, “….we can’t tell him about that.”

“But if he know she can remember him, he won’t leave so soon, will he?”

“Still. It’s not 100% that Hyunae will want to remember him.”

“Are you crazy? Don’t you see Hyunae likes him? She will choose to keep her memories, no matter what.”

My curiosity narrows in. I really wanted to barge in and ask them for explanation. But I held myself. It’s clear that I am not supposed to know about it.

It’s frustrating. How could they keep it as a secret? The fact that Hyunae will be able to remember about me changes everything. The fact that she will be in pain like me changes the whole story.

I knocked lightly –pretending to give a sign- and went in. They stopped their conversation.

“You’ll be leaving soon?” Woohyun asked, trying to break the ice.

I smiled and nodded.

Within few minutes they leave me alone. Seems like they need to get back to work.

I took my phone and typed Youngji and Jackson’s name. I chat them, asked them if they’re available tomorrow. There’s something I need to discuss. Something about Hyunae.

 

 

End of POV:

The next day…

Myungsoo and Hyunae leaves home together and they split in front of the gate. Youngji, who coincidentally didn’t have a class on that day was having a cup of warm cappuccino in the café Myungsoo’s working.

Myungsoo wasn’t supposed to come to work that day. He came as a customer just to see Youngji.

“Where’s Jackson?” Myungsoo pulled a chair in front of Youngji and sat.

“He’ll be coming soon.” She said. “But what do you want to talk about?”

Before he uttered a word, Jackson came and sat beside Youngji.

“Morning,” Myungsoo greeted. Jackson greeted back shortly and focused himself on Myungsoo. “Umm… I need your help.”

“About…?”

“Hyunae. I decided to leave on Hyunae’s birthday.”

“What?! It’s less than a month!”

“I thought you have 2 months?”

Myungsoo forced a smile. “The plan changed.”

“So you want us to plan a birthday surprise?”

“Well, yes. And aside from that…. I want Hyunae to hate me.”

Both Jackson and Youngji freeze.

“…why?” Youngji hesitantly asked.

“I know!” Jackson exclaimed. “You want her to hate you so that she can let you go, right? Like people always do in dramas.”

Myungsoo nodded. “You read my mind, Jackson.” He smiled.  

“But…”

“What’s your plan?” Jackson asked.

“Get close to Youngji,” Myungsoo said. “And throw Hyunae away.”

“MWO?!” Jackso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter