Chapter 1

You Can Deny It, But I Won't

You Can Deny It, but I Won’t

By : akahashi

For : facekris

To : Fan Fic Exchange

Chapter 1

“No. It won’t happen in anytime soon. Tell them I refuse.” said the taller man calmly. “But Sir, the Empire Enterprise has already urged us to make the deal this month, and..” the petite guy with worried face wanted to voice his mind, but was cut off immediately. “Whose your boss Baekhyun?”

“... You Mr.Wu.” the secretary bowed his head. “Good. Then do exactly like I said. If they don’t like it then cancel the deal. Consider that they can find another.” Said Mr.Wu to his secretary. “But why sir?” asked Baekhyun, the secretary looked at his boss. Confused.

“Don’t you understand? The place they chose to build is where kids can play freely without any walls to surround them. Now go and tell them” The secretary looked at his boss with admiration and more respect than before because of one simple answer from his cold boss if he could say that. “One more sir. Mr. Lay has required to meet you now. Shall I let him in?” “Yes. And bring me some coffee.” “Yes Mr.Wu. Right away,” then Baekhyun left from the director’s office.

Kris Wu or Mr.Wu is the director of architure company which has large connection to many governments in world especially in China, Korea and Canada. Many buildings that he has made for governments and for society proves that he is one of the trustworthy colleague.

Many people got in line to be his ‘one-and-only’, but just one who can make him fall hard.

Kim Joonmyeon a.k.a Suho.

But whose Lay?

One answer to that question : he has divorced with Suho six months ago and move on to Lay. Why? Did you just mention that Kris has fallen hard for Suho?

Kris’ POV

I fell hard for him the first time we met at one anniversay that was being held at my friend’s company and soon I made my move towards him and ever since we’ve been dating for 5 months until on our 5 months anniversary I proposed him. We’ve been in marriage for 2 years.

But as we went along with the ‘marriage’ relationship, the love that we have at first little by little was washed away until it’s gone. No love between us anymore.

Suho who always tour around the world because of his job as fashion designer and me who always stuck in the office. So, with me thinking that nothing good will come from this relationship, I have to make an end to all of this. Better solution? End it without a fight. In the end, the both sides were agree to end the relationship but still in touch.

Actually if I re-think again about our relationship, then it was sweeter when we didn’t meet others.

So different with me and Lay’s. We already in our 5 months relationship, and so far what he’s given to me was happiness and comfortable. No fight, sometimes arguments were thrown, but in the end there will be understatement between us (well mostly him because the demand of my work of course).

End of Kris’ POV

Back to the story..

Lay then came in with his soft smile, walk towards Kris. “How are you?” he said in casual tone. “Fine. How’s yours?” Kris asked back. “Nothing serious happened. But, I already taken care of the clothes for the both of us, and food. How about after lunch you accompany me to check the place for reservation and after that we can pick the design for the invitation, oh and don’t forget the singer, okay?”

“And how about if you’re the one who choose the design for the invitation and check the place and the singer? I trust your opinion completely Lay..” Kris said in soft tone so he would understand that Kris do really trust him, but he doesn’t want to go to anywhere, he thinks.

“What excuse this time?” the smile from his face was wiped off in a second and was replaced with stoic face which flinched Kris. “Okay then,.. I will come with you. Now, can we have the lunch? My stomach already have demonstration longing for food,” Kris said in playful tone. “Your fault for being a workaholic,” Lay said in lazy voice. The excitement has gone from him because of what Kris had said earlier. Then they left the office to have lunch like usual. At least like what was planned by Lay. All of you must be wondering why Lay said something about clothes, place, design, and othe stuff like that..

The answer is that they already engaged and soon they will be married. Kris proposed Lay in their 5 months anniversary and Kris said that he doesn’t want to have long engagement, so they will have the marriage soon.

 

==^^ Skip Lunch Time

So after they have lunch, then they surveyed the place and the design for the invitation, now they go to where they can hire the singer. Lay searched and found a company which specialized in wedding singer. They entered a building where they are greeted by a woman who they assumed as the receptionist. “Hello. What can I help you with?” she asked. “We’re here to hire a wedding singer. I already made a reservation under name Lay,” Lay replied. “Wait a minute.. Yes Sir, I believe you have. Please come this way,” said the receptionist. Then they were being lead to the manager’s office at upstairs.

“Sir, Mr. Lay has come,” said the receptionist first for formality, after that she leaves the couple in those room. The manager stand up with his best smile on his face. “Hello. I assume that you’re Lay, and beside you is...” “my fiancé, Kris.” “Hello Kris, welcome. My name is Kim Jongdae, but people calls me Chen. Have a sit please,” he said nicely.

Typical. Kris thought.

“So, you guys want to hire a wedding singer. What song do you want? So we can assure that the singer will have nice voice for what you want later,” said the manager still with his smile. God, Kris can’t stand in this room any longer. “Excuse me, I will grab a drink first. Lay, I trust your judgement on this.” and he left without hearing Lay’s voice behind him and shut the door immediately. Soon, he goes downstairs to the vending machine. He was in deep thought whether to choose soda or coffee when suddenly he hears a voice behind him.

“Are you done?” deep voice met his ear and he turned his head to meet someone who almost as tall as him. To clarify something, that this is the first time that he met someone whose as tall as he is. He then chose coffee and after that move away from the vending machine. After that the tall guy insert his coin and choose coffee too, just like him. No one said a word until the tall guy try to make a conversation with Kris.

“Are you here to apply for the job?” Kris was stunned. Is his body screamed that the lack of work? “No, I am here to hire a wedding singer,” he said simply. The tall guy hummed as he nod his head. The both were in silent once again.

“O, by the way my name is Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. What’s yours?” he said with gummy smile on his face. Kris can’t stop to wonder if someone ever cover their face because of the brightness of this kid’s smile. “Kris.”

“Just Kris? You seem from China for me,” he said it with innocent face which made Kris stunned once again, don’t know why if you asked him. “How about you? You asked me about my ‘work’, what’s yours?” Kris asked back. “Well,.. You could say that I work here.” He sipped his coffee. “What, you? Really?” Kris was surprised once again. Never in his life someone can make him stunned and surprised at the same time. “Ya, but it’s not actually my real job though. I work here so I can get the pay for my college. The pay actually nice if you wanna know,” he sipped his drink again after that he throwed it, then he turns his back and walk to his guitar case which he puts on the corner. Then he turns himself again to face Kris and with gummy smile he said “Well, maybe someday we...” “I wanna hear you sing,” Kris interrupts right before Chanyeol finishes his word. Chanyeol silent for a moment and then he made a simple nod to a person that he just met. They sit on the nearest couch. Chanyeol open his guitar case then put his guitar on his lap carefully and try a few strings “What song do you want?” he asked without seeing Kris.

“Anything will do for me.” Without answering anymore,Chanyeol starts to sing and without realizing that he shut his eyes.

Beautiful girls all over the world

I could be chasing, but my time would be wasted

They got nothing on you, baby

Nothing on you, baby

They might say hi, and I might say hey

But you shouldn't worry, about what they say

'Cause they got nothing on you, baby

Nothing on you, baby 

Everywhere I go, I'm always hearing your name

And no matter where I'm at, girl, you make me wanna sing

Whether a bus or a plane or a car or a train

No other girls on my brain, and you the one to blame

Beautiful girls all over the world

I could be chasing, but my time would be wasted

They got nothing on you, baby

Nothing on you, baby

 

Then Chanyeol stops. He opens his eyes slowly and see Kris. Kris still in his land of daydreaming, not seeing Chanyeol. Chanyeol then pack his guitar back to its case and slowly stand up when suddenly a hand reached for his right hand and the one who ownes it said, “You will be my wedding singer,” then Kris left, leaving Chanyeol dumbfounded.

 

-At Chen’s office

Lay and Chen were discussing something while suddenly Kris open the door and said, “I want Park Chanyeol to be our wedding singer.” Then he left again without telling anything, leaving the residents stunned.

 

 

 

“You don't love someone because of their looks or their clothes or their car. You love them because they sing a song only your heart can understand.” ― L.J. Smith I’m so sorry if this is still not good enough, but I’m hoping that you will still like these.. !^////^İ :D