Oneshot

How to Blame a Fever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"what would you do if i were a girl?" the question comes unexpectedly and junjin is left the first few seconds staring at andy as if the younger suddenly confessed a crime.
junjin blinks, confused, while andy still holds the gaze from the couch. his eyes are piercing the older as if the question is really a serious matter.
well, it looks like.
to andy, that is.
"what? why are you asking me?" he is puzzled and an uncomfortable laugh leaves his mouth as andy furrows his eyebrows and shrugs, a ghost of a smile threatening his lips.
"'don't know, i just got stuck with this."
and junjin lifts his eyebrows and stares at their maknae with curiosity, the man with a red blouse and a faint red nose - maybe he has a fever, it would explain the weird question to come up at freaking seven in the morning -, but pretty composed himself, worriedly trying to put it together to not worry his hyungs and failing stupidly because voilà! junjin notices.
probably this the reason he is still waiting for an answer.
and junjin is in between throwing a tantrum and actually answering.
andy must be with a fever. definitely.
so junjin nods while standing up and walking to the couch. he sits right beside andy and smiles like a chesire cat, leaving andy to just stare at his bandmate.
"if you were a girl i would surely confess my feelings for you, right?" junjin beams with that sardonic smile of his, while his eyebrows are doing those stupid rises as if pestering the younger for more challenges. andy laughs the second after, though his slightly red cheeks shows his discomfort. perfect, andy, you got the distraction you wanted, work it up! his mind says as he tries to cool down. "though you would reject me all right." the older sniggers, lightly patting andy's thigh. 
"but we are friends," he blurts and if the way junjin furrows his eyebrows is a sign to shut up he didn't. "i mean," he is nervous. "if we were friends, would you still confess to me if i were a girl?"
junjin ponders after the surprise.
andy is still throwing questions and he himself doesn't know why.
oh, the fever. okay.
"i... would, i think," junjin answers with a sudden gleam in his eyes. and he also smiles. to this, andy's heart speads up. "if i didn’t... someone might steal you away from me, right?" he chuckles and winks. "possibly minwoo--no, certainly minwoo would hit on you, but then we wouldn't be shinhwa, right?" he blinks and butterflies invades andy's stomach, making him laugh easily at junjin's remark.

andy nodded and was about to ask another question when minwoo and dongwan stormed inside the room with loud obnoxious laughter and eric following right behind, singing some incoherent benzino rap. hyesung came right after, with a kafka book in one hand and a coffee cup in the other. 
minwoo came and playfully flicked a finger to andy's forehead, storming away right after, making the other angry.
"come on guys, let's warm up, junjin, come 'ere." eric started and when junjin nodded and got up from the couch, he turned his head to the younger and blinked an eye, flashing a smirk.
"now it's my turn, what would you do if you weren't a girl and i confessed?" he questioned in a fine whisper, a giggle leaving his lips as andy's puzzled expression could certainly be a must for future remarks.
but junjin didn't wait for an answer.
even if he did, hyesung got in between them with a concerned expression. "hey, has your fever broken?" he didn't wait for anything as his palm felt andy's forehead. "uhm, it's still warm,"
"nah," andy said, eyes stuck on junjin's retreating figure and mind replaying the question that made his stomach flutter with butterflies once again.

-

andy was off the whole morning and junjin throwing him side glances didn't help at all. he felt anxious and stupid and if he could stop sniper coreography for a second he would stuff his microphone into the man's throat and make him choke to death.
luckily, his feverish state was blamed for his mistakes and no one threw a tantrum at him. around midday his temperature reduced - and the way hyesung checked his forehead every fifteen minutes warmed his heart -, they ate lunch and for the maknae's stupor junjin sat beside him with that sweet smile that churned his insides and made him feel lightheaded. they ate normally, not even once junjin acted as if he was waiting for an answer and andy suddenly asked himself if the other was being playful. though he was concerned about his condition just like everybody else.
at the end of the day, when eric and minwoo were rapping excitedly at the other side of the room and hyesung silently checking himself on one of the mirrors - after checking andy's condition, obviously -, did junjin reached for him. andy was playing some random game on his ipad looking fresh from the shower and didn't notice junjin sitting beside him, casually putting an arm around his shoulder and checking the game as if any other day.
but it wasn’t.
and seconds after his touch andy shivered and his character went down the lake, drowning itself. the words YO

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter