Chapter 1: Nightfall (G-Dragon)

I'm Not A Monster

The trees blurred together as G-Dragon sprinted across the forest floor. His lungs burned, legs ached, but he didn't dare to stop running. He could hear their footsteps behind him, dogs barking, they were closing in. Tears streaming down his face he ran harder, he had to find her, he had to give it back to her. Taking a sharp left the man hurdled a fallen tree. He was almost there, almost to her. G-Dragon caught sight of the clearing up ahead, he was close. Breaking through the tree line he saw her. She was sitting in their normal spot by the rock pile, leaning against it, waiting. 

"Mi! Run!" The man's voice echoed in the open space but she didn't move. He ran to her, quickly covering the ground between them. "Mi?!" G-Dragon dropped down next to her, grabbing her shoulder. "Come on! Run!"  The woman fell back against him. "Mi?" He shook her. "Mi! No Mi please!" No response. Tears sprung from his eyes as he looked down at her. "Mi please! No...No I brought it! P-Put it on. You'll be okay." G-Dragon started to shake, tears streaming down his face as he pulled a medallion out of his pocket. "See. Look! I got it. Everything will be okay. J-Just put it on and we can fly away from all of this." His tears fell, splashing against her lifeless face. There was no answer from her. Her hands didn't reach out and take the medallion from him. She was dead. "Mi....Mi! I need you...I-I love you!" He continued to sobbed as he held her. "I love you Mi...I love you."

---------------------

G-Dragon woke with a start. Instinctively he reached out next to him, searching for her. "Mi?" His hands only felt the cold floor next to him. The man broke into sobs as he came to his senses. She wasn't there laying next to him and never would be. She was gone, just like in his dream, but it wasn't a dream. Dreams weren't real, but memories were. Pulling her medallion out, he clutched it to his chest. "Oh Mi..I'm sorry.." He slowly rocked himself as his tears soaked his shirt. It had been three years since he had found her. The pain he felt hadn't dulled in the slightest.

After awhile G-Dragon started to calm, the numbness setting in. Slowly he got up and walked to the mouth of the cave, looking out across the landscape. Watching the sun sink lower and lower in the the sky he waited. Only now when the sun had fully disappeared behind the mountains would it be safe enough to leave the cave. G-Dragon turned, facing away from the opening, and let out an eerie whistle. It echoed back in the cave, the sound traveling deeper and deeper. After a moment he heard multiple whistles in response, all different pitches. Smiling, he waited. Slowly three figures emerged from the shadows of the dark cave.

       "You called?" The white haired male spoke.

       "Yes. It's almost nightfall." G-Dragon responded. He smiled a Daesung. Looking at the three, he noticed the absence. "Where's Seungri?" The others shrugged, providing no answer to the maknae's whereabouts.

       Letting out a sigh of annoyance, G-Dragon whistled again just as before. Why couldn't that damn boy come when he was called. Hearing the boy's response, they waited. Soon another figure emerged from the shadows.

      "Sorry I was late. I couldn't find my medallion." Was all the maknae offered for an explanation. G-Dragon glared at Seungri, the boy was always losing things. 

      "Do I need to remind you about what happens when we get caught without our medallions?" G-Dragon was not in the mood for the younger's foolishness, he could feel his irritation rising. Seungri sensing his mood, gave a small bow.

      "I am very sorry for my lack of responsibility. I will do my best to be better."

      "Good." Was all he said before turning to the leave. "Let's go."

Stepping out the entrance, G-Dragon walked to the edge of the ledge. Without hesitation, he stepped off. Speeding towards the forest below, he could feel the wind rushing past his face. His heart pounded as the adrenaline kicked in. The tree tops drew closer and closer, in a couple more seconds he would crash into them. A smile spread across his face as the happy memories flooded his mind. As he fell, dark wings started to sprout from between his shoulder blades. Waiting until the last moment he opened his large wings and with one strong flap he stopped himself from being impaled by the very tips of the treetops. It was only as he hovered above the treetops, close enough to touch the tip of one with his toe that he notices the others flying overhead.

     "I really wish you wouldn't do that." A look of concern crossed Taeyang's face. "One of these times you may not be able to shift fast enough and then you'll be in for a very painful week, maybe month." The man scolded.

     "Please. I can shift faster that any of you." He said, dismissing the younger's concern. Beating his wings he rose up next to Taeyang.

     "Still. You shouldn't so reckless with things like that. You're no good to us injured." G-Dragon rolled his eyes.

     "Thank you for your input. I'll file your concern under over protective mother." The dark haired male shook his head.,rolling his eyes. "Now that we have that settled. Let's go hunt. T.O.P, you and Daesung go east." The tall male nodded. He flew off with the while haired boy following close behind. "Taeyang, take Seungri with you and go west."

Taeyang gave him a look. "And where are you going?" 

G-Dragon sighed. "I'm heading south."

Taeyang eyed him. "You're going south. Towards the village. Alone." 

He nodded. "Yes. I am."

The male shook his head. "No. G-D that's too dangerous. You shouldn't go that way alone." G-Dragon was starting to get seriously annoyed.

    "I can take care of myself, Alright! I don't need you telling me what is and isn't dangerous. Beside I of all people know how dangerous they are. So just stop!" Taeyang stayed quiet, not looking at the man. Instantly G-Dragon felt guilty. His shoulders drooped as he looked at the trees below. Quietly he spoke. "Just...just keep Seungri safe." The younger male nodded.

"Of course." With that Seungri and Taeyang flew west.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, G-Dragon flew south, beating his wings hard. He needed space....he needed to get his emotions under control. 

---------------------

Nearing the villages, G-Dragon landed in near the edge of the forest. Slowly his wings disappeared in to the spaces where they had sprouted from. Quietly, the man climbed the nearest tree with ease. He needed to wait for the sun to fully set before he entered the village. The villagers always had the fattest hogs about this time of year. It was starting to get cold and they would be needing meat for the winter. Grinning to himself, G-Dragon thought about how good the pork would taste. What a shame the villagers wouldn't be able to enjoy it. 

As he sat there thinking about his next meal, the sun finally fully set, leaving only the full moon to provide light. Realizing the time, G-Dragon jumped down from the tree, walking towards the village. his lips, he laughed. This was going to be fun.