One

One Last Time

It was half past 9 in the evening and it was quite late for someone - moreover a woman - to still working ; sketching some designs for her upcoming project. She couldn't seem to make the designs perfect enough according to her client's request. All she did were - sketching, then crumpling those papers and threw them into the trash can - but her aim was bad, resulting those rubbish to scatter around it instead. She couldn't care less about them. Once again, she grabbed another piece of paper - probably the 44th one - and began sketching again, until someone knocked on the door. She grunted before yelling, " Come in! "

 

And the door creaked open, revealing a very unexpected visitor to the working woman.

 

" Joohyun… " her voice softly said.

 

The woman named Joohyun gave a small smile while walking towards the other girl, currently standing right in front of her.

 

" Still working hard, aren't you, Seungwan? " said Joohyun, her smile never fade away.

 

Seungwan chuckled, as she motioning Joohyun to take a seat - and Joohyun did so. Joohyun's eyes scanned around the luxurious office. When was the last time she went here? She remembered it was months ago when she last visited Seungwan at her work place. She noticed the new stuffs because she knew this place like the back of her hand. She was glad that it seemed like everything was new here - it means Seungwan has moved on from the past memories. That was what she thought, until her pupils landed on something. She bit her bottom lip upon noticing that one frame - a picture of her and Seungwan.

 

" That frame is still there, despite everything in this room is basically new. Forgot to put it away, perhaps? " said Joohyun, now focusing at Seungwan.

 

Seungwan froze for a moment. She felt stupid. She thought the woman in front of her won't ever come here again. Not after they broke up few months ago. She changed everything around her for they basically reminded her of those times she spent with Joohyun - the sofa that they used to cuddle and talk about some random stuffs, the flowers that Joohyun would always bring for her, the books that Joohyun loved to read and every single thing. But she just couldn't get rid of that one goddamn frame of her and her ex-girlfriend. And now, she regret it. Joohyun's eyes were burning hole on her.

 

She cleared , " What makes you come here, anyway? " , changing the topic.

 

" I went to your house, but you aren't there so I thought you are still here, working. And I'm right. I.. have something to give. "

 

Seungwan raised her eyebrows while Joohyun rummaging through her handbag. Her eyes softened.

 

" What is it? " asked Seungwan, curious.

 

Joohyun created a small smile - a sad one? - and sliding a piece of card - purple in color ( Joohyun's favorite ) and Seungwan's hand reached for it. Seungwan slowly opened it, and she swore her heart tugged painfully as her eyes scanned the writings.

 

" Oh.. so this.. " uttered Seungwan.

 

Joohyun slightly nodded.

 

" I'm getting married with him. "

 

-