Leaving like dust, but appearing like wind.

Painful Distance.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Note: This story is fictional, so please don't take things serious. This story does not match what a Kpop idol ever does in real life, but it is merely just from my imagination and plot. If there are some items that seem way too un-realistic, then I am sincerely sorry because I did try to make the aura in this shot to be as realistic as it can be. Also please don't find it offending how some characters can be portrayed since again, it is only just a story out of my mind I wish to share. Thank you.

Maybe it was for the best. Youngji knew clearly from the beginning to not get too attached to the cast, to the show, to the house, or even to the house's pet. But who was she kidding in this world? The first thing she did was get close with everyone, making her big heart thump in warmth at the people in the house who she now viewed as family... Especially with Wang Jackson. 

The girl with the dinousaur laugh can clearly remember the day she was introduced to the boy of her age, now blushing a tint of red when remembering how much he wanted to impress her with his impressive flips of his body. From the first day she met eyes with him, Youngji never thought she would become one of his closest friends. How? Jackson was a rookie along with his group for a bit more than a year now, while she was the newbie member nobody knew of in the well-known international group of Kara with three gorgeous developed members and the replacement of the unexperienced member with the deep red hair and cute bangs. Jackson was a social butterfly, being the talk of boys with his hidden talents, the gossip of girls with his natural charm of a gentleman, and the talk of the social media with his popularity by his dorky personality and sayings.

Yup, Jackson was at least five hundred levels higher then what Youngji could ever reach.

However, who ever thought they would get closer after being setted up as a couple while Jackson and Joon gave a few of their english skills to the rest of the cast. Ever since she found her hand grasping his clothed arm, held back behind his back as the foreign boy from Honk Kong did all the talking, and being protected by his words of her being his wife, their bond connected and they became so close that it it rarely possible considering friendships. Since that day on for months, their chemistry grew, their bickering expanded, and the teasing was unstoppable. They were known for their unstopping actions of arguing, yet they were teased at the fact that they were both pieces of gum glued together. When Youngji was lonely, she looked for Jackson. When Jackson was bored, he found fun when finding Youngji. It was a magnet they owned.

Never in those lines did Youngji every have a single thought over growing feelings. At first, she believed it wasn't true. It was just a headache, or a small feeling of gratitude for his friendship. Yet, when she began to feel excessive warmth with his overprotective actions of covering her jacket in 'Hitmaker', covering her leg when Taecyeon visited her sleeping quarters as she sleeped, and his confession of seeing her as a woman instead of a friend when they first met, the girl with the strong thighs began to feel butterflies in her stomach. Sometimes, she found herself daydreaming, but she dismissed it. Now, she knew all too well what she got into.

She fell for Jackson. And the sleepless nights had her awake for multiple weeks by now. The female can only respond to people when she is asked about the grand eyebags below her eyes with a simple, "I've been having too much caffeine." Caffeine being the hyperactive Jackson.

Her emotions took over. She couldn't help it. Like her growing bangs that were now reaching almost below her nose, her feelings for the outgoing GOT7 member wouldn't stop increasing. She couldn't stop herself. Youngji risked it. And risk did she do cause it caused her the end.

Sometimes she wondered if it was good what she did. Or was it better to stay quiet. There is the phrase of 'a girl looks prettier when she's quiet', but was it really the answer? Would've of it been better if she stayed silent?

"I like you, Jackson... I like you a lot." Her words would vibrate deep in her head as she remembers the day Roommate was done.

The goodbye episode was filmed the past day, and all their words of goodbye were given. It pained her a bit to see that slowly, the house was more and more lonely. There was no longer picture frames, wall decors, or decorated objects. Rooms were now abandoned with just white mattresses as slowly, one by one, did the roommates leave to their departed paths. Youngji sighed as she looked at the room where she was assigned to share with Nana and Gookju, observing that after she took down all her things, the room was now like the beginning, no personal items, or description to a personality since all three beds were now back to reality of departion. Her wheeled suitcase rolled down the staircase, screeching in sound when the girl took note that not even Oi was there like usual. The puppy was taken away by one of the staff members to safety.

"I guess this is it, huh?" The girl who dyed her hair into brown locks can remember clearly as her face turned to the left and met eyes upon the typical boy with the signature snapcaps. She expected the normal energetic smile in his face, but all she got was a small smirk of gloom which she could also agree on. Her head nodded mindlessly to his words, yet her body tensed upon the small pat of his hand ruffling her growing strands of hair. "Now don't lie, Youngji-ah. I know your going to miss me." The grin was enough to have her swooning, but the wink of his eye had her almost frozen for days in the spot.

Covering up with a roll of her eyes, Youngji could only push his hand away to not get weaker from his touch. "As if, Wang Jackson. The lords finally gave me the gift of getting away from you." Finishing with another roll of her eyes, she only heard his tongue click in dissapointment.

"Even when we are leaving and it's a time to be sad, here you are offending me." Failing to notice how close he was getting to her, Jackson could only cross his arms out of disapproval. "I wonder when will you ever miss me..."

It was meant to be a joke, but inside, Youngji could only feel the real truth hitting her chest. Her face went straight in seriousness as she slowly shook her head, "Jackson, I am going to miss you." 

That took him off guard with the reaction of his eyes widening, yet he still smiled as if he won the lottery. "How much?" The boy wiggled his eyebrows out of affection.

Youngji could only sigh. "A lot." With that said, she could already feel the aura change as her hazels could see his smile turning into a deep line of confusion.

"You're talking so serious. You are saying things as if I will never see you again. We are friends right? We will surely see each other again in the future, Youngji." Her eyes viewed his fingers begin to fumble with his black shirt, a tactic she now realized he did when he began to get nervous or tense. Shaking her head at his words, she knew what was coming next, and she could only get ready for whatever that could happen.

"It's not that."

"Then what are you trying to say?" Sighing at his eyes digging holes onto her soul, she snapped her eyes shut for a few seconds before looking back into the deep brown eyes that had her in another world at times.

"I like you, Jackson... I like you a lot." The words creeked the empty walls of the living room that were now free from cameras who used to film every second of the day. But the silence wouldn't stop, and her heart could almost burst any second now from so much silence. Her eyes viewed how his body froze, his muscles stiffened, and his eyes became a bit wider than what they usually are. He bit his lip before laughing. It was his classic high pitched laugh, yet she could note how nervous it was with the cracks within that laugh.

"Good Joke, Heo Youngji. You could really pull off a prank." Trying to cover up wasn't use of it, and it only frustrated her more by the lack of his cooperation.

"You know it's no game, Jackson. Stop." Again, his eyes setted into realization. Anyhow, not sensitive eyes of realization but the kind of dark eyes that could have the girl regretting what she said for years. Her skin began to crawl in a feeling that had her legs trembling in nerves. She didn't need his words, she already knew what was going to come next. 

"And you know it's not a game in this life. You know my company, my policies, and what I can and can't do. You know your own rules, Heo Youngji." His words were deep, but so hurtful. Youngji couldn't believe how shallow he sounded. How cold one of her closest friends could turn in just seconds.

All she could do was feel her body slowly fall apart. "Jackson...please." Bringing her hand up calmly, the girl just shook her head. "It can't just be me with feelings here, right?" She was so sure of herself. He had to feel something. He had to feel some kind of emotion when they would hug, when he would get jealous when she would get along with BamBam and other male idols, there had to be something in it, it couldn't all be fake, right?

Still, all she got was a shake of his head and the first real glare towards herself. "No, Youngji. Your wrong." Immediately, her ears popped. The girl could visibly see his hands reach for the suitcase behind him, with a deep breath. A shake of his head, a deep breath, and his eyes meeting hers with an odd sensation of resignation. 

"I'm sorry, friend, but I can't return my feelings for you." Emphasizing the word 'friend' a bit too harshly, Youngji could only look to the floor out of humiliation. Her body slightly moved to the side when his hand slightly reached to push her to the side for space for him to move. Her eyes looked to the wooden floor as if it was it, she grasped the couch besides her for support while her ears heard him stop by the front door and take a deep breath. She hoped for a simple goodbye his mouth would always breathe out, but all she got was the roll of the wheels on his luggage and the snap of the entrance door closing. 

The moment she heard the grand metal door from the front yard finally close in loudness, Youngji now allowed her hand to slap her cheek a bit cruelly to herself with tears beginning to downcast in a series of streams knowing how much of a change it will be from now on.

"Jackson, I do have a question for you. In the season two of Roommate you became part of, you were a popular item along with Kara's Youngji. Ever since Roommate came to an end, have you ever had a chance to meet up with Youngji? Are you still close to her? You two were both very close as the show has made it seem like." No matter how much she wished not to turn at the Television broadcasting the backstage of M Countdown with GOT7 being interviewed after their latest performance, her chair swirled automatically with the gratitude of her goddess-like leader, Gyuri being the one turning her chair towards the screen in the middle of the dressing room. 

"Oh don't act all tough around us, sweetie. We all know by now." Feeling a soft hand placing onto her shoulder, Youngji could only meet her now, eyes of makeup with Seungyeon who gave her a comforting smile.

Next, was Hara who seemed more interested to hear the young idol's answer rather than the girl. "Shh." With that said, all four girls remained intact towards the boy who grinned as if it was nothing and laughed when a series of shoves were given by s as if teasing him and his relations with Youngji.

"Unfortunately, I haven't. Since the last day of filming, I haven't met with Youngji. I don't think I will soon since our schedules are quite different from each others." Bringing a deep sigh with a small smile, he could only turn to Mark who kept pushing his shoulder as if he was hiding something.

"Stop saying rubbish. We all know who you're getting close to nowadays? Huh?" Getting a mess of agreements from the rest of the members, they could all laugh at the nervous Jackson who rubbed his neck and looked at the camera as the mic was instantly knocked up to his mouth.

"Like Youngji, I am making new friends and getting close to them like everyone, there is nothing wrong. I hope there are no misunderstandings." With that said, the Chinese male nodded and changed the topic to his performance with the nod from his team members. 

"Kara, your next up." Came the words from their manager who peeked into the dressing room and nodded at their white outfits common in their era of the 'Mamma Mia' comeback. 

Each one of the four girls nodded and took some last check ups to their appearances as they all began their way down to the stage. 

As Youngji remained quiet in the left corner as she took deep steps along with her elder members, she looked up when her fingers interwinded with Hara's slender hand. Her eyes showed confusion while observing the comfort in Hara.

"Be strong, Youngji. Like you, Jackson is also young. What he's doing right now are things he's not thinking clearly right now. Just wait for time to pass and he will realize the things he is acting upon are not the ones on his favor for the future."

Her eyes began to sting in hurt, trying to push it all back, the words he just broadcasted live were stabs onto her chest. He couldn't say anything less harsh? His words made her seem as if she was nothing in the crowd, like she was just one of the friend's in the crowd. No longer important to him, but more like someone who barely even knows him.

"Unnie, who am I kidding? Jackson can't even see my face anymore. Maybe he never even wanted to be my friend in the first place for all I know." Releasing a loud breath and roll of her eyes, she avoided the sudden feeling of loneliness invade her. 

With a small laugh by Hara, Youngji could only feel the beautiful idol pull her closer to herself.

"Trust me. With the way he treated you, that boy is crazy for you."

Gyuri, who heard all the conversation between the two women gave a small smirk. "He's just in denial like every young boy would be."

Lastly, Seunyeon giggled in agreement. "Stay strong, sweetie. For now, just focus on your job." Taking her first step into the backstage area, Youngji could only admire the backs of her older members as they all walked into the preparations of their upcoming performance.

What they said could be true, she could only hope for that.

Yet, the feeling of being abandoned wouldn't fade away.

Right now... She was far from being strong.

"Good job, girls. You guys did great." Giving her grand smile, Youngji felt proud of herself. Rarely was there the ocassion of their manager congratulating them, so it must have been a great show that they gave.

"It better have been great! I almost killed myself with those heels!" Dripping in sarcasm, Seungyeon laughed at Hara's joke along with Gyuri clapping her hands out of playfulness.

"Unnie, you were the one who best walked on those heels though!" Remarking with a grin, Youngji was met with laughs from her group. Walking into the white hallway of the M Countdown building, her fingers twitched against the golden chains swinging from her neck. "I'll catch up to you guys right now, I'm going to get some drinks." Being replied with a set of nods and agreements, the girl with the straightened brown hair walked into the opposite direction.

It had been two months from the incident of Jackson's broadcast, and honestly, Youngji had been already giving a few thoughts to it. She was busy nowadays, with her Japanese comeback. Kara went to Japan to promote the single and after two weeks of doing so, the girls found themselves back in Korea promoting once again their still hitting single of 'Mamma Mia' every few times that they could as they were now practicing for next year's comeback.

Anyhow, today must not have been her day of having her hopes up high. Walking out from the pastries and drinks store on the lowest floor of the building, she was met with the sight of the boy who walked out of her life like dust.

It must be too much of a coincidence to be possible, it couldn't be happening. Yet still, she found herself tumbling upon him when her chest rammed against him as she didn't notice he was walking into the elevator while she was walking out of it. Her breath stopped and her heart beated in eratic beats as his hand held her in place by the small of her back.

Her round eyes met upon his, feeling the tightness between them. Oh how much she missed the scent of manliness he owned with the cologne only he could pull off. His touch was burning her skin, cherishing the touch she hadn't felt in months since the day she was pushed away from him. The day they became distant.

"Youngji." His lips breathed her name in a low whisper, his eyes looking her from bottom to top, almost like a puppy who finally found his owner. 

"Jackso-" Before she could finish his name, she was cutted with his desperate and strong shakes of his head. His eyes turning distant once again, the boy quickly seperated from her body just like a child would when his hand met a burning oven. Her legs almost tripped by his shoulder hitting her shoulder blade in a shove as he quickly walked into the elevator.

In seconds, the warmth faded and the freezing cold came to her body in chills once again. Throwing her away like trash, Youngji did not look to the ground this time but turned to Jackson before the elevator's doors came to a shutting point.

"Stop doing this to me." Her lips mouthed when she was sure their eyes connected as one. 

The only response she got was the pair of eyes diverting to the other side and the sound of the metal silver doors blocking his sight. The response was enough for her heart to crack a bit more than what it already had.

Maybe Hara was right. Maybe her words were correct after all.

All he caused her were tears, pain, and hurt. He was breaking her, keeping her restrained in the past, all because of her words. 

"Youngji, maybe it's time to move on. Give others a chance... Jackson isn't the only guy in this world. I know many men would love to be by your side. Don't be harming yourself this much." Her words went into her ears as her closest member wrapped her arms around he fragile frame. In the beginning, Youngji never thought how much sadness she would go through. She never though love could be so painful.

"Unnie, I don't think I can move on." Bringing her legs up the sofa in the dorm's living room, she could only thank the gods above that Hara is the only member in the dorm while her other two members were out on their solo activities. Not that she would mind, but having her own private time with Hara for advice and tears could be a relief in so much stress.

"Think about it this way. Don't completely give up on Jackson, he can still be your friend. But in that way, meet new people, interact with other men, for all you know, you can find a better match that can make you very happy." The girl blowed her nose politely with the tissue box besides her, taking the other girl's words in with a deep nod.

"It won't be easy. I can't just drop Jackson from one day to another." With a crack in the sentence, it was obvious how much Youngji has been in utter pain with the cries given out.

"Of course it won't be easy. Of course you won't be able to drop Jackson in just days... It will take months or even years, but moving on is another thing. While trying to move on from Jackson, there is the topics of meeting new people. Just because you have deep emotions for Jackson doesn't mean you can't meet new people."

Again nodding, Youngji promised the older female she looked up to do what she was told do so.

Never in the plan did she think tables would be flipped again.

Fingers scratching the brown scalp slightly, heels clicking, Youngji had her eyes set on the elevator from her dorm building to go to her next schedule of a photoshoot. Reaching her pale index finger to press the arrow signaling down on the elevator, she gasped when that same hand was roughly pulled away from it and towards the grey wall of the hallway's corridor. Ready to scream her lungs out of fear, was clasped by a strong palm that quickly leaded to be from a male's. Her eyes looked up in fear, meeting the killer glare from the one and only, Wang Jackson.

Switching her eyes from fear to sudden astonishment, her own pale hand slowly removed the palm placed on her lips almost like duck tape blocking her way of speaking. "Jackson? What are you doing here?" Whispering in alarm, Youngji looked to the sides, waiting for paparazzi or another idol pop up any moment now. "Do you know how much trouble this can get us in?"

"You went to a date with Hongbin yesterday?" The low tone in his voice almost scared her at how deadly he sounded right now. Her eyes widened in almost fear by the irritation in his eyes while the grip onto her arm tightening more and more by the second. 

Covering the quiver of fear inside her, Youngji shook her head. "Is that why you came here? Jackson, we can get-"

"Answer me, Youngji." Seething through his teeth, Youngji viewed his available hand clench into a tight fist. "Did you go out and have your time of your life with Hongbin?" Saying the statement with a facade of happiness, the glare came right back after finishing his words. 

Rolling her eyes with a sharp breath intake, Youngji g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter