Chapter 5

More Than This

Sooyoung’s POV

When I heard that we will be having an activity, I immediately thought about Sica to be my partner. I want her to be my partner for this activity, so we can spend time together and I noticed that she wasn’t focused when I looked at her during the discussion.

“Hey, can I be your partner?” I asked her wearing my smile.

“O-of course” she shyly replied. I chuckled for I found her really cute when she’s being shy.

“Okay, so let’s get this started.” I said and she just nodded as a reply. I grabbed another chair and sat beside her.

Tiffany’s POV

I looked around to find my partner, unluckily they all had their partners. Obviously, I saw Jessica with Sooyoung. Since there are 24 of us in this class, there should be one left. I turned around and saw one student who doesn’t have a partner yet. I hesitantly walked towards him, since he seemed to be in deep thoughts. I cleared my throat to make him recognize my presence. And then he looked up at me.

“Hello Tippany” he said, showing his cute smile. I can feel my face slightly blushed when he cutely mispronounced my name.

“Uhmm, I j-just wanna ask if we can be partners.” I stuttered because of nervousness.

“Gladly, come sit here.” he replied as he patted the chair beside him, indicating me to sit there. I just complied. I felt the pounding in my chest, when I sat next to him this close.

We’re in the middle of answering the given activity. As I was answering some of the questions, I felt a little uncomfortable, when he kept staring at me.

Taeyeon’s POV

I can’t stay focused for I know my long-time crush is now sitting here, right beside me. Yes, I’ve been having a crush on her since she transferred here when it’s our first year in high school. Her crescent-shaped eyes really caught me, and I will never get tired when my eyes get locked with hers. I’m just too shy to admit it to her, and I don’t know if she feels the same way about me. So here I am, staring at her angelic face. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard her speak.

“Is there something on my face?” she asked with that sweet voice of hers.

“N-nothing. It’s just that, you look so beautiful up close.” I said as I mentally face-palmed myself when those words slipped out of my mouth, now that I can’t take it back. I looked at her to see her reaction, instead of getting mad, I saw her face with a tint of her favorite color- pink.

“Do you like me too? Because I really do like you, Tiffany.” I thought as I continued to stare at her flustered face.

Sooyoung’s POV

We’re now answering the last part of the activity, because we easily answered all of the questions and we divided it into two, to finish it faster. I’m not being cocky, but I’m quite good in this subject. I checked Sica on how she’s doing, and I noticed that she’s a little troubled.

“Hey what’s wrong?” I asked her.

“I'm just not sure on how to solve this one.” she replied as she pointed the last question.

“Ahh, is that so? Here, I’ll teach you.” I said as I leaned to her and grab the pen she was holding. When I grabbed her pen, I accidentally brushed my hand into hers. I saw her face blushed at the sudden contact.

“Is she blushing? Nah, it was probably because the hot weather.”

Jessica’s POV

“Okay class, time’s up. You may now pass your works.” I heard our teacher said.

“Wooh, thank goodness. It’s already over.” I thought as I exhaled deeply. I don’t know how long I was holding my breath because of our close gap. And then the bell rang, indicating for the lunch break.

“Hey Jess, c’mon it’s already lunch break.” said Tiffany.

“Okay. How about you Soo?” I asked.

“Maybe next time. I’ll be having lunch with my teammates.” he said. “Sorry Sica.

“No, Soo. It’s okay. I’ll be with Tiffany. Let’s go Tiff.” I said as I hooked my arm into hers.

At the canteen

Yoona’s POV

I’m here in the canteen, looking for the school’s basketball team, because I have to tell them the announcement that their coach told me. I approached them, and luckily, Yul is not there. I’ve been avoiding him since this morning.

“Hello Sooyoung-oppa.” I greeted him as I sit beside him.

“Hey, Yoona. What’s up?” he replied as he shove some chips to his mouth. He’s my best buddy when it comes with eating.

“I bumped with your coach earlier and he said that you’ll be starting your practice this afternoon.” I said as I took some chips. I noticed that there’s someone has been sending me daggers, I also noticed that when I was talking to Sooyoung-oppa this morning.

“Hmmm…let’s see then.” I thought as I moved closer to Sooyoung-oppa and began to talk cutely.

Jessica’s POV

“Tiff, who’s that girl talking to Sooyoung?” I seriously asked her. I already know her name but I still asked it anyway.

“Oh her? She’s Yoona. She’s a cheerleader here in our school. She’s really popular.” Tiffany replied as she pointed at her.

“Is she close to Sooyoung?” I asked her. I’m trying not to show my jealousy, because I’ll just end up having a lecture from her. She’s always trying to convince me to confess to Sooyoung, so I will not be jealous like this. But I just can’t, not now.

“Yes, in fact, Sooyoung courted her. And I think she also liked him, but they just end up being friends.”

“What?! They had a past and yet, he told me nothing!” I thought as I unconsciously crumpled the sandwich that I was holding.

“Poor thing.” Tiffany said when she saw the crumpled sandwich in my hands.

Yoona’s POV

I immediately got up from my seat, when I saw Yul approaching our table.

“Yoona, I swear it was nothing.” he called me but I didn’t look back, I just walk away from him. I’m still kinda pissed when I saw him flirting to a girl this morning. He’s been courting me for a year now, but I still haven’t given him my yes.

“Hello Tiffany-unnie.” I said as I walk to their table. We’re quite close when I used to join drama club, but I quit because of cheerleading.

“Hi Yoona. Come join us.” she said as she gestured me to sit in front of her.

“Thanks, unnie.” I said as I take my seat.

“No problem. By the way she’s my friend Jessica.” Tiffany-unnie introduced the sulking girl beside her.

“Hello. Since you’re one year ahead of me, can I call you unnie?”

“Sure.” she just shortly replied.

“Ooh, she’s quiet cold.”

“Uhmm, Tiffany-unnie, I think I’ll go ahead.” I said awkwardly as I get up from my seat.”

“Okay, see you.” she said while showing her eye-smile.

Jessica’s POV

Finally, she decided to go. I found it really awkward to talk to her since I knew that she and Sooyoung had a past. She passed by me and then stop and whispered something in my ear.

“I hope we’ll be friends, unnie. Don’t worry there’s nothing between us.” she said. I immediately knew what she meant. I looked up at her and she just smiled at me, and then walked away.

“Am I being too obvious?”

After the class

I walked to where Sooyoung is, and I decided to ask him about something.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you courted Yoona?” I said as I tapped my foot and crossed my arms like a mother scolding her son.

“How did you know her?” he said while fixing his things.

“Don’t dodge my question, Sooyoung." I said as I get slightly irritated on how he answered.

“What’s with the sudden question?” he said, still not looking at me.

“You’re not answering my question Choi Sooyoung.”

“Don’t be mad Sica, I just thought it’s not that important.” he said as he finally looked at me.

“Yes it is important!” I screamed to my mind.

“I’m your…best friend.” It’s very hard for me to say that word because it feels like I’m committing a suicide.

“I know that. I promise that I will not keep a secret from you anymore.” he said as he put his hand on my shoulders.

“Why don’t you just watch our practice later? I’ll introduce you to my team mates. And maybe you find someone you will like there.”

“I don’t want them. I want you, Sooyoung.” I just don’t have the courage to say it to you.

“Maybe next time Soo. I’m tired.” I lied. I was thinking to have a little research.

“Okay, bye Sica. I’ll go to the gym now” he said as he immediately left the room, and all that I can do is to sigh.

Later that night

Here I am being a stalker to Sooyoung. I decided to look at his instagram account and look something about him and Yoona. Even they already said that it doesn’t matter anymore, it’s still bugging me. I noticed that he has lots of followers, and the majority of them are girls. I saw pictures of Yoona posted in his account.

“Arghh, why didn’t you tell me about her, Sooyoung?!” I said as I ruffled my hair because of irritation.

“Hey what’s wrong unnie?” Krystal suddenly barged in my room.

“It’s nothing, you should be sleeping now at this hour.” I said and she just nodded.

“Okay unnie.”

“Ughh, I hate this day.” I said as I closed my laptop and went to sleep.

___________________________________________________________

Don't hesitate to comment what you think. Just go easy on me haha :D thank you :)