fin.

sleep tight

Wendy had fallen asleep onto Seulgi's shoulder. Her breathing was slow, beads of sweat were barely visible unless the shimmering lights from street lanterns was reflected and refracted by the small drops. Wendy seemed to be shining and all Seulgi could do was wrap an arm around Wendy and admire the sight. 

It was a nice change from the dark scene outside. They'd been out for most of the day, promoting Ice Cream Cake, bringing smiles to fans, anything the company sent them out for. Seulgi, as well as Joy, Irene and Yeri, were fully aware of that it was getting too much for their Canadian member and the moment Wendy's head had fallen onto Seulgi's shoulder, the car quieted down. Wendy needed all the rest she could get. They all knew this.

Wendy woke up at the break of dawn, cared for the other four as a mother would for her children. Wendy would be the one working hardest during the day, often sneaking out to the dance studio to perfect her choreography for their songs; she still was somewhat insecure about her dancing, and she felt she needed it. But although she could practise for hours on end, she always was back before dinner. She prepared the meal, made sure to once again tend to the others, even when Irene told her not to, told her to take it easy for a bit. Wendy would take vitamin supplements, shake her head and tell her leader that she got it. Irene would insist, Wendy would stubbornly decline and Irene would eventually give up. Wendy would send the others to bed, doublechecking if everything was done and if everyone was asleep before finally resting her head herself, only to wake up before the break of dawn again. 

It seemed like the lack of sleep finally caught up to her, though. even as the car halted in front of their dormitory, Wendy didn't budge. She remained still, serene, the only movements being the rising and falling from her chest as she breathed. Seulgi smiled to herself before lightly shaking Wendy's arm. "Wake up, we're here.." her voice was soft, but Wendy awoke, sleepily blinking as to actually keep her eyes open. Her lips curled up into a small smile as she eyed Seulgi, quickly leaning in to peck the other's cheek.

"Carry me inside?"

Seulgi chuckled in reply before skipping out of the car, closely followed by a shivering Wendy who quickly grabbed hold of her near twin. 

Seulgi noticed the shivering posture of Wendy. She was quick to lift the Canadian girl, letting her koala onto her. She held her girlfriend close, following in the footsteps of her other members and she was glad to see Joohyun waiting in the doorway, waiting for the ninety-ninety-four liners to come inside so she could close up. 

The older of the two quietly thanked their leader before stopping, murmuring "you can get off now, we're inside". But Wendy didn't climb down. Seulgi frowned, but Irene was quick to notice that Wendy had once again fallen asleep. This brought a smile to Seulgi's lips. She was usually the one falling asleep everywhere, not Wendy. But Wendy had been working hard. It made sense. 

Seulgi stumbled into the living room, placing Wendy down on the couch as her hold was growing weaker. She then walked off to get a drink, only to come back to Irene lightly resting her hand on Wendy's forehead before sighing. "Yeri-ah~! We're gonna have a sleepover in Joy's room. Wendy needs to rest so she doesn't actually fall ill!"

"I am not ill, unnie.. Also stop screaming." Wendy's reaction resulted in Joy breaking into laughter, a frown on Irene's face in reply. "But your temperature-- ugh." Irene huffed. "Seulgi-yah. Stay with Wendy and make sure she's warm and sleeps a lot, okay? We have nothing in the morning, and I dont want our Wendy to be awake before noon." 

Seulgi merely nodded. She couldn't argue back when Irene went into Leader-mode. "Wendy, off to bed now, you and Seulgi can have the room Yeri and I share. Understood?" 

The two nodded before Seulgi once again lifted the younger, only placing her down when she reached Irene's bed. Seulgi made sure her sleepy girlfriend was tucked in and warm before sliding into the covers, not bothering to change into pajamas. 

"Wendy? Are you okay?" Seulgi whispered whispered as she slid her arms around Wendy's frame, nuzzling up to her quietly. She felt Wendy curl into her arms, nodding against Seulgi's chest. "Are you though? Your heart is beating very fast..." 

Although Seulgi's eyes were closed, she could just see Wendy smiling that beautiful smile of hers. "As long as I'm with you, I'm completely fine... You should know that by now." A silent chuckle answered the words, combined with lazy movements until she felt Wendy's breath on her lips. Seulgi opened her eyes lightly before closing them again the moment her lips collided with Wendy's. And in that moment,  Seulgi and Wendy both seemed to forget about the world...

Until Irene groaned, driving two apart. "I just came here to get pajamas...but what if you end up sick too, Seulgi?!" 

Wendy opened to protest, but Seulgi pulled her closer, quickly kissing her lips once more before turning to Irene. 

"Wendy's worth getting sick for."

 


Sorry for mistakes (stares at seulgom) I wrote this at 4AM rip