Mirror World

Cursed Mirror [OneShot]

            A girl was sitting at the back of her class looking outside the window ignoring the lectures of her teacher. The bell rang and the students went while she remained doing her thing. Her name is Jaeri. She was the school’s eccentric, always doing things other’s doesn’t care about or call crazy. The teachers pitied her. Who wouldn’t when her grades are the top of the class well except for PE which she was exempted for having a weak body. The other students just ignored her even the bullies evade her, fearing her eccentricity would rub to them. Well except for one though and it was Yoo Seung Ho.  Well you could say they were not on friendly terms but he talks with her, reminding her of the things she forgets when her sickness starts. And this time is the same as he nudged her side.

 

            "Hey it’s over. Class is over, stop staring and get packing."  He said to her. She returned from her daze.

            "Thanks Yoohoo-shi."  She smiled while she called him in her nickname for him. He chuckled

            "No problem."  He said as he pinched her cheeks in which she pouts and rubs it.

            Cute.  He thought well except for her eccentricity of course.

 

            They went to their lockers and went to their separate ways from the school gate. She likes to wander alone curiously looking at anything she deemed interesting. That day, she seemed drawn to this particular street. It was kind of long and lots of closed up stores lined the street except for one. Her interest grew and went inside the shop. It was an old mirror shop. Mirrors abound the whole place from the small round pocket mirrors to the large stand up mirrors of exquisite designs. She was hovering above the round ones not noticing the old man coming her way.

 

            "May I be of service?"  He said as he bowed curtly while Jaeri jumped in shock.

            "Now now I won’t hurt you. I am Legeoul the shop’s owner. Is there something you are looking for?"

 

            He chuckled as he introduced himself. Jaeri half recovered just nodded and told him she was looking for a  hand mirror.

 

            "Ahhh I see…. well come! Come! I’ll show you my wares."

 

            He giggled excitedly as he ushered Jaeri to a room full of hand mirrors giving the creeps to Jaeri but shrugged it thinking the old man is excited to have a customer. Her eyes became big as she surveyed the room. Lots of hand mirrors are displayed in cushioned boxes. Most of the mirrors are made of wood, some are plastic, while some are made of metals like silver and even gold! She liked the designs a lot but there is a particular mirror that piqued her interest. It was a black mirror sitting on a velvet cushion inside its purple box.

 


                She seemed drawn to it and in a blink of an eye she picked it up and caressed the intricate designs carved on the mirror.

 

                "You liked it?"  The old man asked. She nodded and the old man chuckled.

                "You got a good eye for things my dear. I hope you use it well."  He told her as he took the mirror and the box to pack it.

 

                She left skipping her steps after paying not noticing the stare the owner gave her from the window. Gone were the indications of old age but was replaced by a youthful appearance. An evil smile appeared on his lips.

 

                "You’ll soon be mine my dear. Very soon.....  Asdfgsdhsd"   He said mumbling incoherent words while laughing evily.

 

 

                Jaeri went home and proceeded to her room. She sat on her desk beside the bed and took out the box and got the mirror. She stared at it admiringly for minutes caressing it and tracing the designs with her index finger. She then sighed deeply and bowed her head.

 

        "What’s with the sigh?"  A male voice called Jaeri.

        "Who’s there?"  Jaeri’s head shot up as she frantically scanned the room for the source of the voice.

        "No one but me and you."  The voice jokingly said as Jaeri became more scared.

        "Please don’t hurt me!"  She said curling up, her head on the knees, her body shivering and started to sob.

        "Whoa… Whoa… Whoa… hold up the tears missy. I won’t hurt you. Hold up the mirror in front of you as far as you can and look into it maybe that will explain everything.  The male voice said to her."

 

        She did as she was told holding up the mirror in front of her as far as she could and stare at it. She was surprised as a guy with messy brown curly hair was sitting on her bed smiling at her. She immediately jerked her head to look at him but saw no one on her bed. She looked again at the mirror and the guy is still there smiling at her.

 

                "Are you a ghost?"  She asked while looking at the mirror. The guy shook his head

                "I don’t know… but one thing’s for sure you can hear me but can only see me through the reflection in that mirror."  He told her.

                "How about other mirrors?"  She asked somehow a bit more calm now.

                "Dunno why don’t you try?"  He challenged her.

 

                So she went to her bathroom where her biggest mirror is placed. The moment her eyes landed on the mirror she saw the guy earlier smirking. She smiled shyly and blushed a bit. The figured went closer to her and back hugged her with his head on her shoulders. Even though she can’t see anything from below and her side the image on the mirror felt truly real. She could feel his chin on her shoulder, his warm breath on her neck, his arms that firmly hugged her. Her face went blood red as she realized what is happening and kept silent. She tried prying herself free from his grip but he only made it tighter and eventually she gave up. She was silent ages ago and the guy noticed this.

               

                "Hey why being silent? Cat got your tongue?"  He said mockingly. She shook her head furiously.

                "It’s my first…"  she said low  "What?"  "It’s my first."  "What!?"  "It’s my first!"  "First what?"

                "First time being hugged like this by a man." She said as she hung her head low. He just chuckled.

                "How come a cutie like you has her first hug by me? You don’t have boyfriends?"  He asked straightaway. This made Jaeri cringe, hurt evident in her eyes.

                "Well they thought I was crazy so I guess I have none."  She said sobbing.

                "Mian."  The guy comforted her by hugging until her sobs stopped

                "How about if I help you get one?"  He smugly told her. She just shook her head.

                "I don’t know… I’m not actually prepared for it."  She hung her head low.

                "Don’t worry I’ll take care of it.  And for the introductions I’m Lee Jeongmin, you?"

                "Jaeri. Choi Jaeri."  She said as she started blushing again

                "Well then Jaeri prepare to be changed! But first close your eyes."

 

              He said as Jaeri closed her eyes. She heard her things rattle, drawers being spun one by one as if someone is searching through them. The noise stopped and she took a peek. Lots of make-up, bb cream, lipsticks, eyeliner, curling iron, and accessories lined up the sink before her. Her mother always gives her make-up but she didn’t use it so it all collected dust on her drawers. She closed her eyes again as she feels he was working on his magic on her. Her hair is being combed and afterwards applied with a conditioner. It smelt good and felt good. Next he did her face spreading cream then thin eyeliner finishing with some blush on for some pink and a pink lip gloss for her lips. She opened her eyes and she was shocked, shocked to see how she looks like unbelieving she could look like that. She asked for a bad girl look and Jeongmin again did her hair this time giving it small waves and thick eyeliner. The blush on was removed revealing her smooth white face.

            She liked what she looked and she asked for him to do it to her tomorrow. She went back to her room to do her assignments and after finishing it, proceeded to sleep. Her alarm sounded and the change took place with the help of Jeongmin of course. After preparing she went down to eat her breakfast. Her mom saw her, surprised but with an approving look.

 

          "Something happened?"  Jaeri knew what her mother meant. She shook her head.

          "Nothing happened. I just wanted to look different today."  Her mother just nodded.

 

          He heard Jeongmin smirking but she ignored it and continued eating. She went out and walked to school. As soon as she walked through the gates all eyes are on her. Whispers abound as she passed students. Soon she can hear them say the eccentric became crazy or worse. She felt like a queen as students speedily scattered away from her path. She arrived in her class and everyone inside hushed down. She ignored it and went straight to her seat. After a while Seung Ho arrived. He sat in his seat. He noticed the stares his classmates are giving to Jaeri so he too took a peek. He was surprised at what he saw but he was happy. He nudged her again.

 

          "Something happened?"  He asked curiosity evident on his face. Jaeri just rolled her eyes and shook her head.

          "Nothing, I just wanted a new look that’s all."  She gave him a warm smile.

          "Really?"  He said unbelieving raising an eyebrow.

          "Is it because of someone?"  He asked teasingly and she blushed.

          "I wonder who the lucky guy is."  He chuckled clearly interested in teasing her.

          "Who knows? Maybe it’s you?"  She smiled flirtingly at him to which he responded with a hearty laugh.

 

          All eyes turned to them. They guys have sight mixed with new interest in her and jealousy in him while the girls have jealousy mixed with anger at her. After all he was a kingka and she was just a normal student. By the unseen school rules they are worlds apart and his fangirls wouldn’t let this pass by. Lunch time came and she went to her locker. She hadn’t even touched the handle when she was spun around forcefully. 5 girls surrounded her, the leader in the center holding her wrists hard. She glared at Jaeri.

          "Don’t you dream of getting clingy to our Ho-oppa."  The leader threateningly said. She just smirked

          "Ho-oppa? Aren’t you the one dreaming my little girl? Since when did he allow you to call him that? Don’t you know he hates to hear that word to those he’s not interested with?"  She teasingly and sarcastically said as words are her only weapon.

          The leader recoiled obviously falling to her words but regained her footing and slapped her. It was making a big commotion now and many students are watching.

          "Girl got some spunk eh. Too bad you can’t do anything."  The leader smirked as her lackey’s hold her in place.

          "Yeah too bad… let’s see if you can say that again in a couple of days."  Jaeri laughed evilly making the lackeys uncomfortable and the leader nervous. Sensing the tension she bluffed.

          "Well then if you can move your body of course!"   She raised her hand but it stopped in mid air caught in the hands of someone. The leader’s eyes widened as she saw whose hand it belonged to.

          "Ho-o-o-p-pa."  she stuttered. Seung Ho glared at her and she squeaked.

       "Do not call me that or else."  He glared at the lackeys and they immediately freed Jaeri.

          "You okay?"  Seung Ho asked Jaeri as she scurried to him. He turned to the girls.

          If something happens to her you know what will happen next.  As he pointed his index finger to them and giving them a thumbs down. The girls shivered in fear at what will happen and ran away. He checked on her if she’s hurt and become fussy over her making her blush. He felt apologetic to her because of his fangirls so they became inseparable throughout the whole day. Also her symptoms of eccentricity were lessened as the feeling of a new personality is flowing through her and she seemed like a normal student. Way better than a normal student hell maybe a queenka in the making. She was introduced to his friends and laughed out loud at their jokes. She also got him to send her home sending her screaming to her room as she arrived getting a weird stare from her mom. She was still hugging her pillows when she felt a familiar hug.

          "Be careful getting too much excited will blow catch you off guard."  She heard Jeongmin say. She looked at him hugging her in the new large wall mirror she bought for herself in her room.

          "Why? Are you jealous of him?"  She cooed as touched his face feeling the smooth warm skin. She was surprised she did it herself. Maybe the new look did the charm as she was feeling a bit of a bad girl.

          "Hmmm… getting a bit daring here eh…."  He said to her taking the hand on his face and kissed the back of it.       "And I’m not jealous, because I can do this to you anytime I want. Well as long as there are mirrors."  He hastily added as he took her hand and kissed it.

          "And speaking of daring, good thing he was there to help you or else you’d be a pulp by now. Next time if you feel you’re being followed, go to a room where there are mirrors so I can help you."  He said as she just nodded and snuggled to him comfortably eventually sleeping in her uniform.

          The following days, things started to change. She became normal to the eyes of her classmates. She gained friends from high social status and became a queenka herself which of course courtesy by Seung Ho. And when she comes home a little love tutorial and Fashion tips with Jeongmin. But something from the third week bothered her. She would have dreams of a little girl with her running from it. But the little girl will crawl slowly and then bit by bit it will speed up and catch up to her. It will crawl alongside her and will twist its neck to look at her and then grabs her. She will awake from that, telling the story to Jeongmin, who will soothe her telling her it will be alright. But that alright seemed to be short-lived as the dreams become reality. Whenever she was alone she will feel Goosebumps from her back and she will notice black hair from one side of the room which causes her to flee. She became paranoid day by day and it was PE. She was exempted but she was required for attendance. She was left alone at the dressing room and that feeling came back. She was desperate so she took her mirror with her and ran to the gymnastics room where large mirrors line the walls. She called Jeongmin.

          "Jeongmin where are you? Help me, she’s here!"  She cried to herself and curled up to the other side of the room away from the door.

          "Hush, it will be okay. But I think you’ve got to know this since she found you already."  Jeongmin said to her looking apologetic. She blinked her eyes trying to understand his words.

          "This mirror is cursed."  He said as he pointed to the mirror in her hands.  "That girl was the previous owner of this mirror. But she died by taking suicide. Her last words were that anyone who possesses her mirror will be taken with her. She said that while looking at the mirror. Thus her soul became trapped in that mirror. I was a victim too and I got pulled inside the mirror. I didn’t tell you since I thought she will not get to you and I don’t want to die. But I guess there’s no other way but to break it."  They didn’t notice it but after he talked they saw the girl was already halfway across them.

         "If you want to live… Break it! Break it!"  The Jeongmin told her while her trembling hands hold the mirror. The figure is now getting closer and closer to her. Only in the mirror can she see the figure following her.       

         "But you’ll disappear and die!"  She said crying

        "Please for me please… I love you. Break it!"  Jeongmin told her with eyes of love, worry, panic and sadness evident on his eyes. The girl was now a step closer to her.

        "I love you too."  She said and strengthened her will. She closed her eyes and threw the mirror.

        

         Crassssshhhhhh…………….

           

        What she didn’t know is that Jeongmin smirked.

       

 

        She awoke a bit later. She was in a familiar room, the room of the hand mirrors in that old mirror shop. She saw the old man coming near her and getting bigger. The old man smiled.

          "Your mine now my dear. Ahahahahaha!!"  He laughed evily.

          A familiar feeling hugged her left hand and she looked to the left. It was Jeongmin.

          "We’re together now forever!"  He said as he kissed her. The feeling of the girl came back and she turned to look to her right. The girl was there with all black eyes and hugging her arm same as Jeongmin.

          "Together with me too… Forever…"  she said spookily with her ghastly voice.

          It took her a moment to realize what was happening and she let out a blood curling scream.

          She’s trapped inside the mirror…

 

 

 

 

          Forever…