Final.

Look at me

**UNBETA-ED


Soojung doesn't bother looking up from her phone when Jongin gives her a peck on her cheek, before proceeding to flop down on the seat opposite her. She was too busy scrolling through her group chat, reading her project group mate’s inputs on her latest suggestion in regards to their final project.

 

They were both at the café they usually meet-up at every Friday ever since the final semester began. Being seniors in college and the fact that it is the finals period, it has been difficult trying to find the time to spend with each other. But Soojung and Jongin are hell-bent on at least meeting up once a week – something Sehun, Jongin’s best friend, scoffed at because ugh gross you guys can’t even be apart for three weeks.

 

“You’re late,” Soojung finally mumbles, looking up from her phone, while Jongin takes a sip of her Mint Chocolate drink.

 

Jongin sighs, “Yeah, I know. I’m sorry. Dance training was tough. I wanted to take a shower before I meet you.”

 

Raising a brow, Soojung lets out an unlady-like snort (because she knows Jongin doesn’t care) and says, “Since when do you bother about how you look before meeting me? It’s not like I care anyway.”

 

“I just wanted to look good for my baby, okay. It’s been almost a week since I last saw her,” Jongin replies before gesturing Soojung to come to his side. “Now come here so that I can give you a kiss.”

 

At that, Soojung cannot help but rolls her eyes. She still obliges anyway because she did miss her boyfriend after all. Soojung ends up half-sitting on the lounge chair and half-sitting on Jongin’s lap. Not exactly comfortable, but she doesn’t mind anyway.

 

Soojung is about to lean in for a kiss but stops when she sees Jongin back up.

 

“What?” Soojung mutters, confused.

 

“I wanted to ask, why were you so busy with your phone anyway?”

 

“Really? Right now?

 

“Yes.”

 

“That’s what you wanted to know? Right now? Before we were about to kiss?”

 

Snickering, Jongin confidently says, “Yes.”

 

Soojung only sighs because that was so typical of her boyfriend. She continues to say, “It was just my group mates. I was reading their inputs on my suggestions regarding our Economics project. They were all pretty supportive of my suggestion. So, I guess that’s good, right? But, I don’t know, Jongin. The pressure, I feel like it’s too much because this means they'll need me to guide them. I don't think I have time for that. I still have my other individual assignments to do. I’m feeling so-“

 

Jongin slaps both of his palms on either sides of Soojung’s face, which effectively shuts her up. “What’s that for?” Soojung whines in response, eyebrows scrunched up. “I was ranting to you about what’s going on with my life since you asked and then now you-“

 

“Hey,” Jongin interjects, pressing at thumb over Soojung’s lips. “Don’t stress so much. You’ve got this, Jung. You have your group mate’s support and that’s all that matters. Everything else will fall into place.”

 

Soojung heart flutters at what her boyfriend said. Trust Jongin to always have so much faith in her. She puckers her lips in reponse, giving his thumb a kiss. At that, Jongin removes his thumb and leans in to give her a proper kiss instead.

 


 

“I know, I know. I’m late. I’m sorry, Jung,” Jongin apologises before planting a wet one on her cheek.

 

Not surprisingly, Soojung was on her phone once again. She mumbles a reply, “Yeah, it’s cool.”

 

Jongin reaches out to drink Soojung’s Mint Chocolate, thinking that she was just busy discussing with her group mates about their project but then stops short when he remembers Soojung calling him last night in excitement because oh my god jongin we’ve finally completed the project and i wanted to say i love you for always having faith in me.

 

When Soojung laughed at something on her phone, Jongin immediately places her drink back on the table, a frown on his face.

 

“Look at me.”

 

“Hmm?” was Soojung’s only reponse.

 

Jongin begins to grumble under his breath and takes out his phone. "Fine, be that way."

 

He randomly scrolls through his phone, not really looking at anything in particular and then lets out a bark of laughter. This causes Soojung to look up momentarily, curious about what her boyfriend finds funny. "What's so funny?"

 

Childishly, he replies with a "Hmm?" like what Soojung did before. 

 

Soojung just squints her eyes at his response but proceeds to continue scrolling through her phone, occasionally giggling at something. Jongin narrows his eyes and sulkily grabs the Mint Chocolate on the table. He grumbles under his breath, "Why is she giggling all to herself when her boyfriend is right here?"

 

"Can I borrow your phone?" Soojung finally asks.

 

"What?"

 

"Your phone. Your phone has fast wifi speed right?"

 

"Er, yeah," Jongin replies but it comes off like a question because he was confused as to where the conversation is going.

 

"Okay, so can you lend it to me?" Soojung asks again, starting to get a little impatient.

 

"And what do you need it for?"

 

"I want to watch EXO perform, okay?" Soojung finally confesses. "They'll be performing on Music Core soon and I really want to watch it since it's their comeback."

 

Jongin is pretty sure his mouth is hanging wide open but he doesn't care. He couldn't believe how all this time, his girlfriend was too busy with her favourite idol group while he was right in front of her. While Jongin was still in a state of shock, Soojung had already exchanged their phones.

 

"Thank you and you know, I love you!" And back to her phone she goes.

 

At that, Jongin finally snaps back into reality. "Why won't you look at me, Jung?"

 

"I just did though, didn't I?" she replies, eyes glued to her phone.

 

"But, now you aren't," his voice comes out in a whine and if Sehun was there, he knows he would get all the 'grow some balls dude' and 'you are so damn whipped' comments.

 

"You will have all my attention after Music Core, alright?" 

 

Jongin bites the inside of his cheeks to stay calm and not get jealous because why the hell would he be jealous of a bunch of Korean men. He looks down on the table to see how his phone is replaced with his girlfriend's. Unbelievable! So, she wants to be that way? Fine!

 

Jongin grabs Soojung's phone and enters her password (because they basically know almost everything about each other). At first he didn't exactly have a plan in mind. He randomly scrolls through her phone and plays the games on her phone. He even takes a few selcas of his own just to keep himself entertained. Then, an idea struck him. 

 

He opens her Instagram app and prepares to launch his plan into motion. He takes one photo first before saying, "Jung, baby, look up."

 

Soojung looks up slowly but is quick to realise what Jongin is doing (Jongin apaprently at snapping photos so he missed the chance to snap one when she looked up) so she immediately looks down with a smile on her face. "Oh my God, what are you doing?"

 

She uses her right hand to cover part of her face but that still doesn't stop Jongin from continuously snapping photos after photos of her. "Stop, Jongin!" she says seriously, but a giggle leaves and Jongin knows that she isn't exactly angry at him.

 

When Jongin doesn't stop, she immediately stands up from her seat, ready to grab her phone from him. At this point, Jongin was laughing his off at his girlfriend's cute reaction.

 

"Okay, okay. I'll stop."

 

"I'm being serious, okay. Stop."

 

"Yes, Jung. I will. Now go back to your EEKSO or whatever."

 

Soojung narrows her eyes at his reply because she knows he purposely said it that way to annoy her. But then Jongin steals a kiss from her lips and her eyes immediately soften. She sighs and shakes her head at him, before going back to her seat to continue on with her live-streaming.

 

Meanwhile, Jongin is busy looking through the photos that he took of his girlfriend and his heart flutters at every photo. His girlfriend is truly one of the most beautiful girl he has ever met. Even when the photos he took were supposed to be candid, Soojung somehow managed to look photogenic in them. He decides to upload three of those photos. At first he wanted to add a caption that says 'girlfriend who won't pay any attention to her sad, lonely boyfriend :(' but decided otherwise.

 

He snickers at what he did and felt proud of it, even. The thing is, Krystal is pretty famous on Instagram because of her many 'beautiful yet pretty hipster' photos. So, Jongin knows that her so-called fans on Instagram are in for a treat. Jongin couldn't wait for Krystal to check her phone later, thinking that Jongin hadn't done anything, only to find the many Instagram notifications spamming her phone.

 


 

"Yah! Kim Jongin!" 

 

"Hmm?"

 

"What did you do to my Instagram account?"

 

"Oh . I-"

 

"So, that was the reason why you took those photos?"

 

"Er, yes?"

 

"You aren't getting any kisses from me."

 

"W-what? Aw come on, you weren't paying attention to me, Jung. What was I supposed to-"

 

"No."

 

- End -