The Lights Go Off

Don't Turn Off The Lights

Baekhyun emerged from his bathroom, and closed the door behind him. He walked towards his room down the creaking hall, scratching the back of his head with a tired yawn. The singer used his other hand to turn off the light in the hallway, tired and worn out from his day. 
As his slim fingers pressed against the switch to turn the light off, making the hallway go dark something caught his eye. A silhouette form of a body stood at the end of the hallway; the light coming from the street lamp outside shone behind. Baekhyun turned the light back on, to find the form gone. He squinted, curiosity and fear pricking him as he turned the light off. 

The shadow was there again.

He quickly turned the light back on, and again the figure had vanished. 

Was his mind playing tricks on him? For how could someone stand there, and vanish the next?

He switched the light on and off a five times, experimenting. But each time, the figure was still there whenever he turned off the light. Until his last switch if the light.

And the figure was now standing with its back to Baekhyun not a foot away from him in the corner. , and dirty with messed, uncombed hair.

Baekhyun gasped and jumped back, flicking the light on again before removing his hand away from the switch, brown eyes searching the hall in question. Fear made his heart race, but he was no skeptic. 

The singer grabbed duct tape, and tapped the light switch up to keep the light in the hallway lit. He sighed as he climbed into bed, his lamp remained on beside him as he laid down. The lights out his mind at ease as he closed his eyes, telling himself it was nothing. He hugged the blankets to him, but the floor in the hallway began to creak as if someone was there. Baekhyun opened his eyes, as the creaks became closer to his room. If only he had shut his door, and not left it mere inches open.

Suddenly, he heard the flick of the light and the hallway went dark. 

Baekhyun's eyes searched the opening between the door and the wall. It then started running down the hall towards his room, feet padding against the hard floor as this thing bolted.
With a whimper, Baekhyun pulled the blankets over his head in an attempt to either hide or shield himself. Eyes screwed shut as he waited for an attack. A scream. Anything.
He remained under the blankets for a few breaths, hearing nothing but silence. He slowly pulled the blankets down to peek, just as his door hit the opposite wall. His door wise wide open.

He gasped again, and hid underneath the bed covers once more. Small whimpers escaped him as he felt nothing but frightened. He was on alert, forgetting how tired he was. All he was focused on was listening.
From under his protection, he noticed his lamp begin to dim and flicker. He needed the light, the light was good. His only way of seeing.
From the side of his bed, he pulled the cover up just enough to see the power bar a foot away from him. Carefully he slid his arm down the bed, the feeling of exposure washed over him as every part of his being told him to bring his hand back. But he needed the light. He ignored the vulnerability, and continued with his mission.

His fingers brushed over the power bar, and he grabbed it to pull it closer. He pushed the plug into the outlet, bringing the light back to stability. Once he knew it was good, he pulled his arm back under the covers, his heart pounding in his ears. It was quiet, all except for his heavy breathing.

There was an audible click, then more silence to follow. His eyes searched under the blanket, listening intently. But there was nothing. Baekhyun pulled his blanket from over his face, seeing that the hallway light was back in and his door was almost shut as it was before. The exact same it was before.
He pushing up off his bed slightly as he looked around the foot of his bed, and near his closet. 
Everything seemed fine, and he thought his mind was too tired that it was playing with him. A wave of relief came over him, and he smiled with a light chuckle. He felt so silly.

He heard a type of growl, and he shot his head over to the far end of his nightstand where the creature squatted. A human looking face... Had It's mouth hung open, with a small smirk. The top row of its teeth were too sharp for its bottom, and it's pale skin gave Baekhyun the creeps. It's eyes, nothing but sclera. No iris, or pupil. 

The creature breathed out, and turned off the light.