Daddy's Girl

Daddy's Girl - Woohyun

A small pink crayon moved between your daughter’s fingers while the pink wax transferred to a page in her favorite coloring book. Tilting her head cutely from one side to the other, she carefully bit her lip while she placed the pink crayon back in the box before pulling a light green one instead.

“What picture are you coloring today?” You questioned softly, flipping the top of the cereal box open and pouring a small amount of cereal into a smaller bowl then into a bigger one.

“Just a flower, Mommy” Your daughter, Grace, smiled as she hummed softly before pulling a brown crayon for the dirt while trying to color inside the lines.

“Morning girlies” Woohyun called while rounding the corner, perfectly dressed for another work day

“Morning Daddy!” Grace cooed with a bright smile.

“What are my beautiful girls doing this morning?” He questioned while pulling out an empty chair then gently sitting down as you pushed an empty bowl his way.

“Coloring~” Grace sang while shifting her coloring book slightly so that he could see her masterpiece in progress. Woohyun chose his favorite cereal and poured it into the empty bowl, following the dry cereal with chilled milk.

“Aigoo, my Gracie is so talented!” His beaming words caused a bright smile to form on her face and her eyes to curve into little crescent moons.

“Thank you Daddy, but it isn’t finished yet…” She pulled the coloring book back in front of herself. “It will be better when it is finished”

“Of course it will, we will have to hang it up on the fridge when I get home from work, but only if you are finished with it“ Woohyun watched his daughters’ eyes sparkle while she slightly bounced her head up and down.

“We may have to take some of your older works down though” You gestured towards the artwork covered fridge. Turning her attention to the large fridge covered with pictures colored by her, she covered as she chuckled.

“There is still room, I still see shiny spots” Grace smiled as she ran over to the fridge and tapped her fingers against the stainless steel spots that she could still see.

“We could make a book for your drawings, that way you can keep them forever and see them better” You offered as you patted her seat slightly while you slipped a bite of breakfast into your mouth.

“Then you can tell me about each one and I can go show it to your uncles too” Woohyun smiled as he ate a few more bites of his cereal.

“I love that idea Mommy!” Grace carefully climbed back up onto her seat as she pulled her small bowl of cereal towards herself. Guiding a few spoonful’s into , Woohyun’s eyes caught the time as he stood up and quickly ate the rest of his breakfast before rising out his bowl and placing the finished bowl in the sink.

“Thank you for breakfast, I’ll see you two later” Woohyun walked over to you, leaning down, he pressed his lips on yours for a quick kiss.

“See you after work” You whispered before kissing his lips once more, Woohyun moved over to Grace to give her a goodbye kiss as she just turned her head away.

“Gracie, is something wrong?” Woohyun knelt down as his eyes traced her acute figures.

“I don’t like it when you go to work” She whispered, her small hands sitting in her lap against the soft fabric of her nightgown.

“You know I have to go to work” He replied softly, his finger gently brushing against her plump cheek.

“I know…” She nodded as she slipped from the other side of the chair and slowly walked to her bedroom. Turning around slowly, you watched your husbands’ worried eyes turn towards you.

“Did I say something wrong?” His soft tone made an impression on your heart as you brought your hand up and rubbed his shoulder gently.

“You didn’t, she just has a hard time seeing her Daddy leave everyday” You told him, dropping his head slightly, his head nodded before he lifted himself up onto his feet. Leaning over to you, he pressed his lips against your cheek before he made his way to her door.

A few soft knocks were heard before your daughter’s voice cut through the silence.

“Who is it?” She called out from behind the door

“It’s Daddy” Woohyun pressed his hand against the frame of the door

“What did you want to say?” She questioned as you could just see her in her room holding her dolls.

“I just wanted to tell you I am going now, and that I love you” He waited a few moments without a response from your daughter. Kissing his fingertips, he pressed it against the white wood before turning back around and heading towards the door.

“See you soon, Jagi” Woohyun called as you cleaned up from breakfast.

“Have a good day at work, handsome” You cooed before you heard the door close.

The next thing you heard was unexpected, even from your daughter that was upset every single day that Woohyun had to leave to go to work, she flung open her door and ran to the large windows at the front of your home. Jumping up on the couch, she pressed her hands up against the window as Woohyun slid into the back of the jet black van holding the rest of the members.

“Daddy” She hit her little hands against the glass as she watched her dad’s van pull away from the driveway and onto the street.

“Gracie” You cooed making your way over to her. spinning around, she plopped herself down on the soft cushions on the couch. “Gracie” You called her again, sitting on the edge of the couch while your fingers slowly raked through her hair.

“What?” She whispered with a cracking voice

“You know Daddy will come back, he always comes back” You consoled her

“I know, but he might be going on tour” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath

“Did you see any suitcases by the door?” You questioned allowing your daughter to think through her assumptions.

“No…” She whispered

“Then he isn’t going on tour, he is going to work then coming home tonight before dinner, just like always” You leaned down and kissed her head before you stood up. A slight tug was felt on your pajama pants that hung over your legs loosely, looking over your shoulder at your little girl curled on the couch, you smiled down at her softly.

“May I play with your phone?” She whispered

“Sure, but only for a little bit” You pulled your phone out of your pocket and unlocked the screen for her, flipping to her favorite apps, you handed the phone to her as she had played with your phone before.

Making your way to your bedroom, you closed the door to change for the day, once Grace heard your door click shut, she tapped the phone button on your screen and found your contact for her dad. Dialing the number, she pressed the phone to her ear to hear the phone ring on the other side.

“Hello?” Woohyun’s voice softly called over the line

“Hey Daddy” Grace’s voice cooed back to him

“Gracie? What are you calling me for? Is Mommy hurt?” He questioned quickly, his thoughts starting to race through his mind.

“I just missed you, I wanted to tell you goodbye and to have a good day at work” Her fingers slowly moved over the smooth case on your phone.

“Thank you Princess, I’ll be home later today okay?” He smiled hearing the voice of his daughter across the line.

“Okay… but Daddy?” She looked up at the ceiling, the soft hum of her father urged her to continue “Can we do something fun today, like all three of us?”

“Sure princess, if you are good I will have a surprise for you, arasso?” Woohyun posed as he made his way through the building to get to practice.

“Arasso” Grace smiled and nodded her head as the two of them ended the call just in time for you to emerge from the closed door of the bedroom, all dressed for the day.

“Did you find something to play, sweetie?” You questioned looking over at her as you tied off the braid resting over one of your shoulders.

“Yep~” She sang softly. Smiling at her, you walked over to the fridge and started to pull her artwork off of the fridge.

“Did you want to come over and put together your book?” You questioned, looking over your shoulder, you watched her small body sit up and slide off of the couch before her little feet pounded against the floor while she trotted over to the kitchen counter. Pulling herself up onto the bar stools, you placed the pile of artwork in front of her before you turned around and grabbed some colored paper.

“What do we do first?” She questioned letting her eyes wonder over the artwork covering the counter.

“We should make a cover for your book first, since all good books have covers” You smiled as you showed her the colored paper.

The two of you worked on compiling her book, turning on some music the two of you sang and laughed happily. Hours ticked by as the book came together well, writing her name on the top cover she decorated it while you placed her artwork in order. Letting her change some things around, the two of you put the book together just before your reminder chime came from your phone.

“It’s time to go pick up Daddy” You silenced the alarm as her eyes lifted and twinkled as they looked into yours.

“Really?!” She bounced a little in her seat.

“Really~ Go get your coat and shoes” You sang as she skipped off quickly to slip on her white sandals and her pink jacket that she adored. Heading over after her, you slipped on some sneakers and pulled your purse over your shoulder before you took your daughter’s small hand into yours.

The two of you walked out to the black car, opening the door for Grace, you watched her climb into her car seat, pulling the straps over her shoulders, you buckled her in before you closed her door and slid behind the wheel.
Starting your car, a recently released song came onto the radio as you guided the car onto the street.

Listening to the soft voice of your daughter sing to some of the songs, you drove to Woohyun’s office before you parked the car, pulling out your phone, you texted him that you were outside waiting as he sent you a message back letting you know that he would be right out.

A few minutes later, you watched him emerge from the back door as he smiled and waved to Grace pressed against the window. Waving her head back to him, he made his way over to the drivers’ door and knocked on the window. Turning your head you smiled at him and shook your head knowing he wanted to drive, his hand reached down to the handle as you locked the door, hearing him pull on the door, you smiled just as his chocolate eyes lifted to look at you.

His bottom pink lip protruded into a pout as he tilted his head gently, smiling even wider, he shook his head and pulled away as he made hearts and threw them against your window.

“Let Daddy in!” Grace chanted behind you as Woohyun chanted outside of the door with her. Leaning in Woohyun pressed a kiss onto your window as you couldn’t take it anymore and opened your door.

“Yes Mister?” You cooed, resting your hands on the top of the driver’s door.

“May I drive, my lady?” He bowed gently as he backed a few steps.

“Hrmmm, where are we going to go?” You tilted your head slightly, letting a teasing smile curl onto your lips.

“It’s a surprise” He whispers lifting one of his hands up and pressing it up against his lips. Thinking it over, you nodded your head while moving away from the door.

“Just make sure we make it back before bedtime” You came over to him and pressed a kiss on his cheek.

“We will” He placed a kiss on your cheek before you moved around the front of the car. Opening the passenger door, you slid into the seat as Woohyun slid into his.

“Hi Daddy!” Grace called loudly as she watched her dad turn around and blow a kiss to her.

“Hi Princess” He cooed, “Are you ready to head somewhere special?”

“Where are we going to go?” She questions brightly

“You’ll see” He sang while turning back around and shifting the car into gear.

Driving out of the parking lot, you watched him to try and see where he was going to take you two. Seeing the large buildings tower over your car, you soon caught on where he was taking you, trying to hide the smile on your face behind your hand, you watched your daughter ask questions to Woohyun about his day and trying to break where he was taking her.

“You’ll see, we are just about there” He giggled as he pulled into the packed parking lot.

“Are we here?” Grace sat up as tall as she could in her car seat as she could see the amusement park above the tops of all of the parked cars.

“I told you I would have a surprise for you, didn’t I?“ Woohyun winked at her, shooting a look at Woohyun you didn’t quite understand when he said that but none the less, Grace beamed as she pulled on her restraints.

The two of you got out of the car as Woohyun unbuckled Grace and placed her on the pavement while he tossed his work out back in the trunk. Sliding your hand into his, he wrapped his fingers around the palm as his other hand wrapped around Grace’s hand too.

Walking to the gates, he smiled and gave his name to the guard as they let the three of you inside.

“Did you schedule a reservation?” You questioned

“No, I just ordered the tickets earlier today is all” He smiled while Grace tugged on his hand once she saw all of the fun rides that the three of you could go on.

“Grace, you choose what rides we go on today” Woohyun smiled as she started jumping around.

“Really? I get to choose all of them?!” Her excited voice couldn’t go any higher or louder as Woohyun smiled brightly as he nodded.

“Any ride you want to go on, princess” Once he said those words, she pulled the two of you to the carousal.

Mounting one of the beautifully hand-painted horses, you buckled her onto the horse before Woohyun found another horse next to her that you and him could ride on together. Once you had Grace all settled, you mounted the same horse Woohyun sat on. Sitting in the front, Woohyun wrapped his arms around you just as the ride began to spin. With the horses moving up and down the three of you sang and laughed along with taking pictures.

Once that ride was over, the three of you rode hundreds of other rides like the tea cups, bumper cars, Ferris wheel, Pendulum rides, a train ride or two, and a swing ride, just to name a few. As the sun started to descend in the sky, Woohyun picked up the quickly tiring Grace as she rested against his shoulder.

“This was so much fun” She whispered softly while her little arms wrapped around his neck.

“I am glad you enjoyed it, I loved it too” Woohyun whispered gently turning his head to place a kiss on her cheek.

“I loved it too, it was a nice change of pace” You whispered as Woohyun turned and kissed your cheek while squeezing your hand in his.

Slowly walking around the park, Grace slowly fell asleep on Woohyun’s shoulder. Watching the lights and the sounds ward away the darkness, he felt her body rest against his body while the three of you slowly headed out of the park for the night.

“Is she asleep?” Woohyun questioned feeling Grace nuzzle her head into his neck. Nodding your head in response to his question, a proud fatherly smile spread across his lips and began to fill his flawless features with an indescribable pride and love that only father’s held.

“She’s definitely a Daddy’s girl” You whispered as you wrapped your own jacket around her to keep her warm while the chilly night air began to blow over you.

“She’s not the only one who is a Daddy’s girl” Woohyun winked at you as he held out his warm jacket for you. Slipping your arms through the sleeves, you blushed and nodded knowing that you, yourself was no match for his fatherly ways.