01 of 02

You Have To Forgive Me (Because You Love Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan wokes up first thing in the morning with Minseok’s yelled, “What the hell was that, Lu?” against his ears, on the phone he picked up half asleep.

“Mmmh??” Luhan rubs his eyes lazily. He repeats the question back, “What the hell was what, baozi?”

 

“Don’t play dumb with me. What’s with that pose on GQ? When was the photoshoot take place? You never told me. And why are you being almost-as-good-as-half- there? And what’s with that pout? I thought that pout was exclussively mine?” Minseok gasps for breath after that long and wide rants.

Luhan blinks his eyes, trying really hard to grasp the situation, and everything his baozi has just said.

“Wait,... what baobei?” Luhan hesitantly asks. “I really don’t understand what you were talking about?”

Then, Minseok ragingly ends the phone call. Leaving Luhan by himself, finally wide awake because of the confusion.

He scratchs the back of his neck and mutters to himself, “What the hell was that?”

 

*****

 

“He’s so infuriating!” Minseok spills his frustation out to Jongdae. Jongdae snickers. He think that Minseok and Luhan fights too much especially after Luhan’s departure. And today is just like any other fight, or so Jongdae thoughts. While Zitao, on the other side of the room, gives him a surprised look on his face. Minseok sighs.

After hours of waiting for Luhan to call him back—which he did not—,  Minseok decided that he need to vent out this frustration somehow, so he walked to Jongdae’s room just to disturb the other with his rants. Tao is just happens to be there. It is Jongdae’s shared room with Tao afterall.

Besides, there is no way Minseok would kick his precious magnae just because he wants to have a private talk with Jongdae. And Zitao is in the middle of recovering time too, so yeah, he just happens to be there, listening to Minseok rants.

Zitao sees how his lovely eldest hyung become so frustrating because of GQ magazine preview Kyungsoo showed him last night. All of them was talking about Lu-ge being a model there with a new y image and all. Zitao is all excited to see his gege’s new image but all of them just won’t let him see it. Even after he pouted longer than he usually did. Zitao actually want to protested so bad because why everybody including Sehun and Jongin—who’s younger than him—can saw it but him.

Usually he would rants to Minseok and the eldest would be the one that let him saw the magazine’s preview. But this time, he couldn’t even speak a word because Minseok practically flew to his own room after he saw all the pictures and locked himself up after that until now.

After Minseok spilled out his frustration, he could feel a light nudge on his back and sees Zitao scoots over to him and rests his head on one of Minseok’s crossed-leg. Minseok is confused at first, yet he’s happy when he later hear how the younger boy purrs softly on his lap like a needy little kitten and how he looks back into Minseok’s eyes spoiledly with his feline looking eyes.

Minseok’s frustration suddenly flew elsewhere and his face beams lovingly at his precious magnae. Zitao was the source of happiness in M dorm. And now after they merged both sub-grup, Zitao became the source of happiness in their shared dorm. Minseok missed him so badly too since the younger just got back from his resting holiday in Qingdao. He’s unconciously running his hand slowly on Zitao’s hair.

Jongdae smiles at how different Minseok always acts around Zitao.

“Why don’t you just ask Lu-ge to adopt Zitao to be your son?” he says, half joking, trying to makes the elder forget about his anger.

Unfortunately, upon hearing the name, Minseok feels his anger returns back to him. Even though this time, it isn’t that raging anymore. Zitao’s presence helps him a bit.

“No way.” Minseok replies. “I’m considering on a break ups. Why would a couple who’s in the verge of breaking up, adopt a son?”

Jongdae’s jaw drops. Break up? This is the first time for Jongdae to hear the words from Minseok. He didn’t realize the seriousness of this situation up until now.

“Are you being serious here, Kim Minseok?”

Zitao shifts his head a little to look above and sees how Minseok tilt his head towards Jongdae casually and nods. Hand still running through Zitao’s hair lovingly.

“You are not gonna think more about this aren’t you, hyung?”

Minseok shooks his head casually, again.

“Really??”

Minseok nods, once again, in a too casual manner.

Jongdae could feel his patience runs out.

“Gosh, why are you being like this, hyung.” With that being said, Jongdae stands on his feet and leaves his room angrily, leaving Minseok who’s still calmly running his hand on the magnae’s soft hair.

 

 

 

**************

 

 

“Ge....”

One soft voice from Zitao, who’s still lying down on his crossed leg, calling Minseok’s back into reality. He looks under him and catches the worried expression from the younger boy.  Only after that, he realized he has been dozing off for a while.

Zitao pulls himself from Minseok’s lap and looks at his gege.

“Gege, are you alright?” he asks softly.

Minseok gives the younger a warm reassuring smile.

“Yes Zitao, I’m fine.” He replies. Eyes trains on his phone, checking on any missed call or new message, but none. He exhales sadly and put his phone back into his pocket.

“Gege....” Zitao asks hesitantly.

“Yes baby?” Minseok smiles again.

“Are you sure you want to break up with Lu-ge?” Zitao frowns to his own question realizing how sad that would be if its true.

Minseok sighs.

“That’s.........none of your business baby.” Minseok turns his gaze away from Zitao’s sad pair.

“But, gege.....” Zitao whines, only to be stopped in the middle by Minseok.

“Ssshhh, Zitao.....” he hisses and Zitao closes his mouth with a pout.

After he is sure Zitao won’t continue the topic, he drives it further. “Ah, it’s lunch time already. Let’s eat baby.”

He plastered a smile so Zitao won’t have to worry or talk about that topic again.

But Zitao is no fool. He know Minseok for a long time already to know that was a fake smile to comfort him,.... or to shut him down.

Minseok, still with that fake smiles plastered on his face, stands on his feet and walks out of the room first. Zitao follows closely after him.

 

 

*****

 

 

“He called you?”

Luhan looks at Yixing, who’s currently in Beijing filming for his new movie, in front of him. Yixing contacted him this morning and asks Luhan if he has a free time to have a little drink and chat. And Luhan just unconciously takes the other to his most favourite coffee shop, in the side area of Beijing, that always reminds him of Minseok simply just because Luhan likes it here. Less crowded, and he could use only his bare face, even without a masker or a hat, and people will just looks at him and thought that he just resembles someone famous.

“Yes.” Luhan nods. “He called me this morning. At 4AM, gosh. I’m in the middle of dreaming sweet things with Minseok in my dream. Minseok in reality sometimes feels just too ..... real.”

Yixing laughs.

“And, what did he said on the phone?” Yixing asks.

“Molla~, I can’t even understand a single words he said. He ranted too fast and when I asked him again, he hung up the phone.” Luhan sighs and Yixing laughs again.

“Yah! Don’t laugh on me!” Luhan giving a scolds look at Yixing.

But it only makes Yixing laugh goes louder. “Sorry-sorry, ge. You’re just so dense when it comes to Umin-hyung.” And then he mumbles “By the way, why the heck Zitao always calls Umin-hyung, gege? He’s not even Chinese.” to himself randomly and then giggling because of it.

Luhan looks at his former bandmate in front of him, unimpressed. Yixing always loves to mumbles alone, following with a weird giggle and it’s complete. It’s not like Yixing is crazy. He just,...... have his own little world.

With that in mind, Luhan giggles to himself too. And after a while of wondering around on their own thoughts, they starts to talk like a human being again.

“Have you call him back, ge?” Yixing asks with a smile. The rest of his giggles still recides on the corner of his mouth.

“Hah? Call who?” Luhan looks at Yixing, completely oblivious.

Yixing laughs again. “Call Umin-hyung back, gege. Have you?”

Luhan shooks his heads.

Yixing laughs burst again, this time, tears starts to gather on the corner of his eyes. He wipes it and says, “Call him, Lu-ge. He’s probably waiting for you to call him back. If you didn’t call him back, he might be getting the wrong idea about everything. He must’ve thought that you heard the whole conversation. And considering you haven’t call him back, he might’ve think that you’re trying to avoid him for not trying to call him back.”

Luhan stays silent for a while.

Then, after the realization strucks him, he could only mutters a simple, “Ohh.”

Yixing giggles. “Yes gege. Ohh.”

 

 

*****

 

 

Confusion starts to crawl on Luhan. What should he do now? He didn’t call the other back. Well, thanks to Lay now he realized how he has been so dump because calling the other back wasn’t the first thing he did this morning, right after the other hung up the phone.

He walks on his personal office on his studio, back and forth, trying hard find a solution.

Should he call Minseok now? What if Minseok is really angry with him? He has never been good with an angry Minseok. Especially with such a distance. He grabbed a small of his hair with his left hand and pulls it out, hoping the pain could bring him some idea, while he got his cellphone on the other hand. Ready to call anytime he makes the decision.

But no, he’s too afraid to call. What to do?

.........

............

LAO GAO!

He screams deep inside when the idea finally came to him.

He immediately press the quick call numbers for Lao Gao’s cell.

“Hello?”

“Gege, where are you now?”

“On my way to office Lu. Why?”

“Come here fast! I need you.”

Cklek.

 

Not too long after, LaoGao finally shows up.

“What’s wrong Lu?” He asks, rushes into Luhan’s personal office.

“I need you to help me with something, gege.”

 

 

******

 

 

“Practice is over, kids. Now heads to your dorm, and try your best to get enough sleep. Okay? Tomorrow we have an early schedules and we have to flies to Japan on the afternoon.” One of EXO’s managers briefly inform them their tomorrow schedules like always, following by the tired rants and protests from the EXO boys, except Zitao who doesn’t have to follow all of the schedules since he’s still on a recovery state.

 

“Hwaiting, guys.” Zitao murmurs a little to his bandmate. Guilty feelings stirring up in his mind so he faces down the entire time and whispers, “Sorry guys, I couldn’t fight in this fight together with you guys.”

Minseok looks at his beloved magnae and pulls him into a hug.

“It should be us saying ‘Hwaiting, Zitao’. Really, you’re such a sweet heart. We’re waiting for you to be completely healed.”

And the other members starts to gather around Zitao and Minseok too.

“I misses Yixing-hyung.” Baekhyun states all of a sudden and Junmyeon is the first one to pats his head lovingly.

“Me too.” Junmyeon says. “But we will meet him tomorrow in Japan. Don’t worry, okay?”

Baekhyun nods at Junmyeon.

“Now let’s go home.” Chanyeol yells, trying to brighten up the mood and pulls Baekhyun closer to him. He gives Baekhyun a quick peck on the lips and smiles warmly. “Don’t worry. Zitao’s condition is going to be better soon, and Yixing-hyung’s filming schedule will be over too. And we will be complete again.”

Baekhyun nods and smiles back brightly at the taller guy. Makes Chanyeol’s heart fluttered from the sweet sight of Baekhyun’s curved lips.

Minseok smiles happily at the heartwarming sight before him. His bandmates has becomes more and more mature along time. If anything, he’s proud of them. Really, really proud.

 

Drrttt.... drrrttt....

Minseok’s cell is buzzing. A phone call. He grabs it from his pocket and pick it immediately.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Minseokkie?”

“Yes, it’s me. Who’s this?”

“It’s Lao Gao.”

A sudden image of certain someone flashes through Minseok’s mind.

“Ohh, gege, how are you?” he tries hard to be polite.

“I’m fine Minseok. How about you?”

I’m not fine.

“I’m fine, gege. What’s up with the call, ge?”

“Oh, emhh,.... that....ngh.. i just want to ask something. Are you.... are you currently angry at Luhan or something? Did you guys have a fight?”

Raged came back to him suddenly. So this is what the call is about? Luhan didn’t have the ball to call Minseok himself.

“Why did you ask that gege?” Minseok tries his best not to let his voice trembles.

“Ummm, I’m just wondering, because Luhan seems a little bit...ummh, distrated,... today.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Well, I don’t know gege. That’s probably not because of me.”

“It can’t be Minseok-sshi. It’s only you....ummh, who could affect him this badly.”

“Really? Well, maybe another person, other than me, who can affect him that badly has finally appeared, don’t you think?”

“No, no, no...... Minseok, how would you think of that. He,...umh, he...loves you...with all of his heart. ....Only you.”

 

Minseok keeps response to everything Laogao’s says coldly. But it doesn’t mean that he doesn’t care. He could hears how LaoGao always sounded a little bit distracted.

“Gege, is he there with you?”

“What? Who is here with me?”

Minseok rolls his eyes.

“Luhan. Is he there with you?”

Laogao stays silent. And Minseok takes that as a ‘yes’.

“Why doesn’t he ask me these things himself, Ge?”

Laogao, once again, stays silent.

Minseok’s patience grew thinner.

At the same time, Zitao nudges him gesturing the elder that it is time to go back to the dorm.

 “Well, gege, I have to go. If he can’t even ask me those things himself, then I won’t bother saying this to him myself. Gege please tell him, I’m breaking up with him!”

Cklek.

 

 

*****

 

 

“HE DID NOT!!!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter