Part 1/1 (FINAL)

Take My Fear Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Team 12, Park Chanyeol will be partnered with Byun Baekhyun.” The instructor said and Chanyeol can’t help but to be shocked.

Everyone around them gasped loudly as they look to Chanyeol with a pity eyes. To be partnered with the said boy, Chanyeol know that he has a big disadvantage but Chanyeol don’t want to change partner because well, nobody is going to change their partner with him. Some of the students start whispering and Chanyeol can clearly hear their whispers and it’s very stupid to whisper when the person can hear it because what’s the use? Chanyeol sighed before he stands up.

He walks toward the said boy he was partnered with before he takes a seat right beside him. Byun Baekhyun or also known as Baekhyun was someone with very bad eyesight and luckily, he still can see though it was still blur with his eyeglass but the man need to be taken care and that’s why he was at a disadvantage. Chanyeol actually thinks the whole camping thing was stupid. They almost graduate and already pass the exam but then their school just had to tell them there will be a camp for 2 night. Today was the last night of the camp and Chanyeol was very happy but his happiness washed away in an instant when they were told to play this little game.

“Baek, come on. We should go now since everyone already goes to the forest. We can’t be late.” He said to the boy softly since he didn’t want to scare him. Baekhyun turns around before he looks up at Chanyeol.

“Wait for me, then. Let me bring my flashlights and my jacket.” Baekhyun said before he walks toward his tent as he searches for his flashlights and his jacket. A few minutes later, he had got back to the place where Chanyeol is with his jacket and flashlights.

“Let’s go, now but put on your jacket first and turn on your flashlights.” Chanyeol said and the other boy does as he told. He first put on his jacket before he turns on his flashlights and Chanyeol flashed a smile to the boy.

“Now, that’s better.”

Chanyeol then hold Baekhyun’s hand since he didn’t want to lose the other and for sure not to leave the other alone.

“Baek, walks near me, please. Don’t walk too far from me.” Chanyeol said before he drags the other near him. He didn’t want to admit it but he actually a bit scared of the dark because of his past and it still scares him to death until now.

“Okay, okay, I understand, Chanyeol. It was very dark and I barely see anything with my bad eyesight. Can you see anything?” Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol only hummed indicating that he still can see even though it was very dark in the forest.

“Why do the teachers even make this stupid game?” Chanyeol asked the shorter and the shorter only chuckles.

“Bonding game is what they say though if this was the bonding game thing then I don’t like it even one bit. Trapped in a forest like this with every possible animals living here isn’t the best place to bond with each other.” Baekhyun said.

“They want us to be scared and then we would bond with each other since we have no other option, I think.” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun only scoffed.

“If that is the reason then isn’t that mean they force us to bond?” He asked and Chanyeol nods to him.

“That’s why I told you this game was very stupid and heck, it force us not let us.” Chanyeol said to the shorter boy.

The sound of branches and leaves and also the wind makes them jolted in surprise. They both was scared of it since Chanyeol was scared of the dark meanwhile Baekhyun was scared because he can’t see anything with his bad eyesight since it was very dark there.

“Chan, what is that? Can you see anything?” Baekhyun asked but the other only mutter a ‘no’.

“Baek, I think we should get out of here as fast as we can. How does that sound?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nods. The tall one then drags the other by his wrist and they ran as fast as they can. Since it was very dark, the two didn’t even notice that they will fall if they keep run.

Chanyeol who was in the lead tripped which resulted both of them fell from the top and they both stop as they reached the ground below the cliff. The two of them groaned in pain though it was mostly Baekhyun who groaned. In time like this, Chanyeol should have checked himself but he decided to check the other boy first and so he walks toward the said boy. His leg was in pain but he tries his best to reach the other boy.

“Baek, are you okay?” The tall one asked and the other one groaned in pain.

“My… My glasses are broken, Yeol.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol was shocked.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry that I led you to this accident. If you’re not with me, your glasses must be not broken.” Chanyeol said as he feels rather guilty to the other boy.

“It’s okay, Chanyeol. I’m glad that I’m with you and not some jerk because you’re really kind and always take care of me. What about you? Do you have many injuries?” Baekhyun worriedly ask the other boy but the other only responds with a ‘no’.

“It’s very dark here and I don’t think it was a good idea and I don’t think they will notice us being lost and I don’t think they would go search for us as fast as they can. I think we will be rescued only at morning so let’s find a place to rest. This place is not safe.” Chanyeol said and he want to drag the other boy away but the boy didn’t even move away.

“Just stay here, please. I’m afraid to move now that I don’t have my eyeglasses on. I’m scared, Chanyeol. I’m scared, so please?” Baekhyun plead and Chanyeol can’t reject the other boy so he only hummed.

“Okay, then. We will just stay here but are you sure that it was safe here?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nods.

“I’m pretty sure it was safe here but the thing that I worried is that can we go through the night? It was pretty cold I mean. Do you feel cold, Yeol?” Baekhyun asked again and Chanyeol was a bit touched that the boy cares about him.

“I don’t feel that cold, what about you?” He asked back.

“I can feel the wind against my skin and I think it was pretty cold here but what can I do? Do you think it will be good if we start a fire?” Baekhyun asked after he answered honestly.

“I don’t think it was a pretty good idea to start the fire since it will make the animal comes with it light.” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun know he was right. No matter how much he felt cold he can’t be self centered and he should think about the others too and not only him.

“Sorry, I know you feel cold and I think it was the best if we get close to each other so we can feel the warmth.” Chanyeol suggested as he start doing so.

“Chanyeol, do you think we still can be alive for tomorrow? The forest was scary and it made me a bit unsure if I still can live tomorrow or not though I want to.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol only laughs at the boy.

“Baek, don’t think of the worst that can happen. You should think of the best that can happen for now and not worrying about the worst one. Why do I feel like that I was partnered with a girl instead of a boy?” Chanyeol joked and Baekhyun could only chuckles at the tall man.

“Yah! Are you making fun of me right now?” Baekhyun retorted back and the taller one could only laughs.

“I’m not, I’m not.” And silence fills the two after what Chanyeol said.

“I’m actually thought it was a bit bad to be your partner but now, I know I was wrong. I’m sorry that I think low of you, Baek. You’re nicer than what I thought.” Chanyeol said as he flashes the other a smile and though it was dark, Baekhyun can sense it.

“You know what? It’s okay, Yeol. I understand what you mean, I mean everyone thinks that I’m just a nerd and unfortunately I have very bad eyesight and god, there’s so much bad thing about me that it cover almost all my skills. I’m very sorry that you were in a situation like this with me but, it’s nice to hear what you say. I also think you’re very nice and kind, Yeol.” Baekhyun said with his honest opinion.

“I think you will be like those students who will always mock me and didn’t even care about me, but you’re very kind.” Baekhyun continued and the tall man was happy to hear that from the shorter one.

The sound of the branches and wind once again made the two of them tensed up and shocked.

“Baek, why is it so scary here?” Chanyeol asked.

“I don’t know and wow, I think you are the real man here.” The other replied though Chanyeol tries his bets to ignore the other’s last words.

“Tell me what I did in my past life that I deserve to be here with my arm and leg injured in a scary forest where animals could attack us in a second.” Chanyeol said and he can sense that Baekhyun was giving him a ‘are you serious’ look and he know he had been crazy since they get here.

“It’s all my faults, actually. It’s me who lead the path so it should have been me who actually lead the two of us to the exit… and not to here. I’m so sorry.” Chanyeol said but the other only smile at Chanyeol’s words.

“It’s not me or your fault and if it makes you feel better then you can say that it was our fault.” Baekhyun said and the other only laughs at it.

“That made me felt better. Thanks, Baek.” He said and smile to the other boy though he knew that the other can’t see it.

“Do you think we should just try to sleep? If one of us hears some sounds then we should wake each other.” Baekhyun suggested and though Chanyeol was a bit hesitant it was already pass the midnight and he can’t help but to be sleepy.

“Well, that sounds good. I’m very sleepy right now and I bet you are too so why don’t we just do that?” Chanyeol said and the two then agrees to just sleep for the night.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter