Final

Wheady Mile

Irene struggles on getting Wendy inside her appartment. The girl smells like a mixture of smoke and alcohol and she still dumbly asks herself if the girl is drunk. Well obviously she is. She’s getting halfway to her bedroom so she can clean Wendy because the girl smells like trash and apparently, she looks like trash too.

“You dumb idiot. I know you can handle alcohol well but why did you drank too much. Just how many bottles of scotch did you get for you to look like this?” She’s totally pissed. Wendy isn’t that fond of alcohol though she can handle it well, and she couldn’t just understand why the girl would get herself, this wasted.

“Unnie-.” Suprisingly , she still can speak properly even on her condition. Though she’s totally pissed and extremely angry, she just can’t let Wendy sleep outside her apartment because she trully cares for the idiot. But she’s totally not in the mood on talking to her right now.

“Unnie you know that I love you right?” She cut the girl by saying Wendy you’re obviously drunk so let’s talk about this tomorrow if you want. But the girl is to eager to talk right now. Like hella now.

“Don’t you ing cut me off. If you don’t wanna talk then don’t say anything.” Now Wendy just pushed her arm supporting her away and looked straight on her eyes. Her eyes piercing deeply into her soul cutting her thoughts sharply. This Wendy is scary so she better not stop her.

“But let me get this out of my stupid heart.”

But then the girl’s eyes soften as well as her voice. She wanted to listen to the girl but she doesn’t also want to hear what she’s going to say next. But she’s too slow to react.

“Joohyun I love you.” She wanted to cry because she know that Wendy’s drunk and she possibly doesn’t know what she’s doing so she cut her off.

“Look Wendy you’re drunk, as I said let’s ta-“

 

“I said I love you! I love you even if I’m drunk.” She paused a little while Irene just waited for the next words to come crashing into her whole being. The short pause seemed like forever for the two but there are no complains at all. If this will take for forever then Wendy will gladly appreciate the silence.

“Tomorrow I’ll surely get hangover but I’ll still love you.

The next day I’ll be completely sober but I’ll still continue loving you. Don’t you get it?” She was completely silenced by the sudden outburst. Now she know that Wendy is completely aware of everything.

 

“Next week you’ll get married but I’ll still in’ love you.” Wendy chuckled painfully on the thought of Irene getting kissed by someone during day wedding day. The day she dreaded the most. The thought of her, getting married came years ago but she still considers the time too short to move on from someone who is Irene. She never rooted for this day to come at all while hoping that their little relationship will continue forever. Until now that the reality has been hitting her on the face, she still can’t seem to move on.

 

“The next years of your life, will be spent with that bastard I seriously hate but I still love you.

I will ing love you forever Joohyun-ah”

And that’s when Irene understood everything. This Wendy speaking,  is obviously drunk but completely sober.

“You want to know why?” Irene just looked up to her as if asking her to continue. She doesn’t care if she will get her heart wounded by hearing Wendy’s reasons because she wanted to remember every single word Wendy will say to her.

“Because I love it when you wake up in the morning without your shirt on.” She was shocked hearing Wendy’s reason. She doesn’t expect this at all. There’s this time when they are together staying in a dorm when they’re in college and every morning, Wendy will find Irene shirtless, and sometimes fully for the reason she still can’t decipher until now. It became a shock knowing from Irene’s parents that it’s one of Irene’s oldest habit since she was a child. But hell, she love her for doing that.

 “Wendy is that a—“

“No let me finish.” Wendy scooted closer leaving such small distance between them. She cupped Irene’s cheeks with one hand as she parted ready to say something.

“I want to tell my reasons though I know it will take eternity to finish so let me just tell you the main ones. I hate forever.” She grinned sickly and she knew how pathetic she looks right now but she doesn’t care. She’s been pathetic for loving her for God knows how long so another night of patheticness  won’t hurt.

“I love your eyes because they’re so hollow from afar. Yet so expressive when I get nearer.” She brushed her thumb on her eyelashes as she wipe Irene’s tears forming on the corner of her eyes.

“I love it when you scrunch your nose when you get annoyed. It’s kinda cute. Well, really cute.” She moved her hands on her nose and tapped it with her index finger lightly.

 

“I love the way you shout at me when you’re angry because you got that husky voice of yours.” Her hand got it’s way to her lips as she carress it lovingly while smiling lightly. Oh how she enjoyed doing this.

“And it’s so y.” She smirked and Joohyun can’t help but find that y also.

“I love you when you’re sad and you just want to have my shoulder so you can cry and tell your problems to me. Even though it involves that ing bastard, I won’t ever complain listening to you.” And that’s when Irene realized how much she longed for Wendy. How much she matters to her and how much she love her doing this.

“I love it when you smile because it’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen.” She scooted closer leaving no space between them and closed the gap she longed to be gone. She savoured the moment and even if it’s just a peck on the cheek, she hoped that she made her understood the feelings she buried six-feet deep inside her non-existing  chest for a long time. This is it, if she’s not gonna make this happen tonight she’s so gonna regret her life more than how she’s regretting it now.

“ And I wonder if your lips tastes sweet too.” And so she kissed Joohyun. And she’s right because she tastes so sweet. So sweet that it hurts her thinking that the sweetest thing she just tasted will become a bitter memory that will live on her heart as the girl will give her vow to his soon-to-be husband next week.

“But I hate it when you’re smiling to someone.” She moved to steps away from Joohyun and she can feel a teardrop falling on her right cheek. She hated herself for loving her yet she just can’t stop herself from falling.

“Someone who is not me.” And that’s when she turned her back ready to leave the anticipating Joohyun. Too shocked from the sudden confession, Joohyun just stood there. The sudden mixtures of emotions she never had before creeped into her her sanity out of her own self. The more she’s thinking about it, the more she cannot understand what this feeling means and she’s just so desperate to know. It’s now or never.

She pulled Wendy by her arm and smashed her lips against hers. She never felt this happy before, and now she knew where her heart belongs. She knew what to call this kind of feeling and she most certainly knew who is the cause of all these. It’s no other than Wendy.

But the moment she comprehend all of these, she knew better than continue. Because she doesn’t belong to the girl but for someone else instead. And so she pulled away.

 

“Wendy-ah sorry but I could not leave him.” There’s a long silence before Wendy spoke again. And she wished she never heard the next words coming from her.

 

“I know Joohyun-ah. Don’t worry I don’t have the smallest intention to ruin your wedding next week.” Lie. She came to the bar to get drunk to be able to find courage on telling Irene all of this in hopes that she feel the same way too, hoping to get her change her mind for at least one bit. But she failed. And so she’s now willing to give up.

“Best wishes Joohyun.” She tried to pull her sincerest smile but failed and give her a bitter one instead. Just when she was about to reach the doorknob the love of her life spoke.

 

“Wendy please come to my wedding.” Silenced once again engulfed them for the nth time and she just regretted saying this afterall.

“I know this is too much to ask but I want my bestriend to---“ Her words were cut by Wendy’s sharp eyes telling her to shut up.

“To witness the happiest day of your life? I’ll be glad to but sorry. I’m afraid I can’t, though that day will be your happiest, that day is also mine to cry over.” And with one swift move outside the door, she left without saying a goodbye this time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

One day before the wedding, tomorrow will be the start of my new life. Moving on, looking forward for another day, no turning back, no worries, no burdens,  and most specially, no--- Joohyun. Sigh.

This is what Wendy has been chanting to herself ever since that talk. She clearly wants to move on and she thinks that it is a lot easier than what she expected But who is she kidding? Though you can see her all smiling today while walking down the pavements, she’s crying her heart out inside. But no, she have to be the bubbly Wendy everyone is fond of.

She isn’t one of those characters who gets far far away and will never show up because the love of their life is with someone. That’s kinda cliche, so she made a unique decision to stay on her apartment where she used to cuddle on the couch with Irene when she’s still single and available. Cook food together on her beloved kitchen. The tv which reminded her of those times where they got their movie night together. And the bed where they slept always whenever the girl stays the night. And it definitely doesn’t helped her on moving on. What an idiot.

And she’s cursing herself for doing that. So by this day, her goal is to find another apartment far from her current one. But destiny seems to hate her very much. After her multiple failed attempts of finding a good one, she finally gave up. With a sigh, she got on her car and drove back to her damn apartment.

 

And nothing compares to the sight of a Bae Joohyun waiting outside her door. A way to dig another heartbreak.

But she approached the girl with a timid smile like nothing ever happened. She mentally high-fived herself for pulling that kind of act to her. She want’s to show that she’s okay, and she doesn’t feel bitterness at all but her next words betrayed her.

“Go home you should sleep by now so you can all be pretty smiling for you wedding tomorrow.” She tried to sound like a caring bestfriend, but she sounded like a sarcastic rather.

 

“You wouldn’t invite me in?” Joohyun asked hopefully to her, and it makes her wanna slap her across the face for being so inconsiderate on her feelings. But hurting her is the least thing she wanted to do next to inviting Joohyun inside her place but she let her guard down just this once again. And she swears this time will be the last time.

“Sure. Come in” She smiled to her but failed. Everything she’s doing right now is a failure when it comes to Joohyun, and she silently prayed for this to be the last one tonight.

“So how’s the wedding? Everything okay? You need a bridesmaid? Me? Sorry but I got a lot of things to do I can’t ju----“. She was cut off by Irene this time.

 

“It had been cancelled.” Damn. She’s so happy. Her heart is doing somersaults right now because the damned wedding has been cancelled. Now cheers to that eveyone! She thought but then she realized that the bastard might have hurt Irene and she’s so gonna punch her right now. Like hella now.
 

“What the did that bastard do this time? Tell him to sort things up so you can now get married.” And Irene swears she wanted to smack Wendy right now for her reaction. She expects someting like Hey. That’s good. Always remember that I’m here for you or a Don’t worry, I got your back. He’s no good for you afterall but she never expected a Wendy getting so eager of getting them back.

“That bastard is too lucky to have you but he’s blind to make you sad like this. If only ----“

 

“Shut up Wendy. I never expect you talking like this.” Wendy was completely baffled to what Irene said. Did she make her angry now? Will she slap her now and leave? Seriously?

“Look I’m sorry for calling that bastard a ‘bastard’ But seriously I won’t call him a bastard again ever I’m just---“ And the perfect way to cut Wendy off is by a kiss. It lasted for a few good seconds but that made Wendy shut up for a few good minutes. And just by looking at the girl, she looks like a confused kid wanting to have some more.

“You want another one?” Irene smiled lovingly to her leaning closer but very slow. Teasing Wendy is fun as much as her face when she got these different expression of hers.

“No thanks I’m good.” Wendy talked unconsciously and her response disappointed Irene. And it never got unnoticed by her.
 

“I-I mean, why the hell would you break up with him suddenly after having the plans all smoothen up. You better have a very good reason on breaking thing with him rig—“

 

“There’s no better reason than you.” Irene smiled at her while holding both her hands bringing it up to her face.
 

“I ended things up with him because of you. I realized that I can live without him, but I can’t live without you. You’re the only person I’ve wanted like this for too long Wendy-ah. And don’t ask me why, because it’s too obvious. I love you Son Seungwan.” And her words are more than enough to make Wendy’s mood lighter for the past few—years.

“So you mean you don’t love him anymore because you love me?” what an idiot. But this idiot makes Irene happy so without hesitation she answered Wendy.

“I never loved him Wendy. It’s always been you.” That’s what she wanted to hear the most. Now she’s sure that she’s never gonna make Irene slip in her hands again.

“Cheeseball. But you always make me cry. And I think a kiss would make it up for all—“ For the last time she was cut off by Irene.

 

“I love you Wendy.”

 

“I love you too Irene.”

 

And she’s glad that they kissed unlike the other night. Because she’s sure that this won’t be their last and she’s more than sure thatt she’ll get a lot more kisses from Irene in the future. She would excitedly anticipate for that.

 

 

https://twitter.com/rvfarts