Un

Bittersweet Endings

On a school rooftop, there stood a delicate girl. The cold winter wind was blowing on her face. The girl jumped up in surprise when the bell rang, which indicated that lunch has started. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Walking down the hallway with her group of friends, was another girl full of personality. 


"Ya ya ya~ Have you heard of the girl who transfered here last week from America? I heard she was the smartest in her school." Said Suji, as she played with her braid.

 

All attention was on her. "If she was the smartest, then why did she move? Hah, are you afraid she's gonna beat you?" Snickered her friend, Taeyeon.

 

"Hell naw", she scoffed. "I'll definitely score number one on my exams again like last year. No one can beat me." 

 

Everyone nodded, they agreed.

 

"Hey look, there's the man of your dreams." Jessica joking said. The other girls ooh-ing along.

 

Suji quickly take out her phone to check her appearance. "Oh gawd shut up he's walking by." She blushed.

 

At that moment, Oh Sehun walks right past group of girls staring at him.

 

"He's going to the rooftop, you should go up there and 'eat' with him." Taeyeon winked.

 

Suji nudged her friend. "YAHH~ But yeah, I'm gonna go, see you guys later!" She waved to her friends.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Meanwhile on the rooftop, Mina was sitting peacefully, closing her eyes, about to fall asleep. Suddenly a loud "BANG" was heard. 

 

 

Sehun trudged in through the doors and looked around. He stopped when his eyes landed on the dainty looking girl on the floor.

 

He walked towards her and bent down. "We're seeing each other often. You shouldn't get in my way." Sehun looked at her in a menacing way.

 

The girl glared at him with hatred.

 

"I was here first." Mina said quietly with a poker face.

 

"Get off the roof, I'm trying to eat my lunch in peace, without your ugly prescence bothering me." Sehun stood up. He kicked his foot to the floor, dirt getting on her.

 

She glared at him, gripping tightly onto her uniform trying her best to hold in her despise for him.

 

Mina stood up with confidence. She walked over to the rails.

 

"I've only been here for a week and here you are, treating me like trash. Why?" She asked calmly.

 

Sehun could see a sliver of sadness in her eyes. "Because your'e just an ugly girl that deserves the worst." He smirked.

 

"You don't even know my name, yet you treat me as if I'm a horrible person. You know what? Maybe I do deserve it."

 

Mina looked up and the sky to feel light raindrops on her face. She climed over the railing and sat on it. Her feet were dangling in the

 

air, the ground about 30 yards below her.

 

"What are you trying to do? If you're trying to blame your death on me then you must be really stupid. I don't care if you die." Sehun said.

 

"You're right, you wouldn't care if I jumped right? No one will care, because I have no parents or friends anyway. And even if I did, you people will never except me." The girl's voice cracked, as if she was trying not to sob. 

 

The door to the rooftop opened quietly without Sehun or Mina noticing. 

 

"What the hell is going on!?" A voice exclaimed.

 

"What t-the... This girl here is trying to kill herself..! Please save her!" 

 

Before Sehun even finished his sentence, the person ran over as fast as she could, and grabbed on to Mina's arms. 

 

She pulled her over the rails back into safety, and they both fell to the ground, soaking wet from the rain.

 

Sehun quickly came over to the two girls.

 

"Are you okay?" He asked sweetly, as if he cared for the girl's safety. 

 

All Mina could do was stare blankly at him. The other girl looked surprised, she stood up and bowed down to Sehun.

 

"Thank you so much for trying to save her. You are a wonderful human being."

 

Before Sehun had a chance to react, the girl was already pulling Mina's arm and dragging her through the doors.

 

After going through the doors, they slowly walked down the stairs, to the main parking lot.

 

"Hey, are you okay? My name is Suji." 

 

Mina looked at the girl with emotionless eyes.

 

"I'm fine." She replied. "And you don't have to hold me, I can walk by myself." She moved her arm away from the stranger's grip.

 

"What's your name?" Asked Suji, reaching for Mina's arm again.

 

"Mina." She said quietly.

 

Suji smiled excitingly. "Well Mina, let's go to my place and get you all freshened up!" She pulled her new friend by the arm.

 

All Mina could do was stare and nod dumbfoundedly.

 

"Let's go!"