Chapter 29

Crossroads

 

"How dumb..."

 

Hara mumbled as she looked at herself in the mirror after getting out of the bath where
she spent the past half an hour crying.

 

Flashback
"It has been a while, I missed you Oppa"
"Are we even close to begin with?"
"Have you forgotten that night?"
End of Flashback

 

Hara's POV
What were you thinking about when you stayed up all night to make that card?
How could you have forgotten how you met… did you really think he'll love you with all his heart? 
To think that you actually fell for someone like him… are you crazy?
Just because of those few words, a bit of attention and care from him…

 

"Yah… how long have you been in there? Get out now and answer your phone"

 

Hana knocked on the door of the bathroom repeatedly after Hara spent a little too much time inside
and noticed her sister's red and puffy eyes when she stepped out.

Hara's phone began ringing again and she shut it off immediately instead of picking up.

 

"What happened again?"

"Nothing, just feeling tired, I'm going to bed"

"At this hour? You haven't even had dinner. I'm meeting Kyu oppa for dinner, do you want to join us?"

"No"

 

---

 

"This girl..."

 

Young Saeng's POV
The lights are off, she shut her phone too… where could she possibly have gone?

 

Flashback

"I was trying to help… what were you thinking when you left the cafe just like that?"
"What did I do again?"
"Thanks to you she was almost on the verge of crying"
"Does it even matter that much to her…"
"I really don't know what's wrong with you these days… if you're gonna play around again stay away from her"

End of Flashback

 

It was near midnight when Hana returned and found Young Saeng seated by the steps outside her place. 
She sighed mentally seeing the state the both of them were in; her sister is probably still awake sobbing
under the blankets and Young Saeng looking lifeless.

 

"Young Saeng oppa?"

"Is Hara home?"

"De, but she went to bed already. Let me check if she's still awake..."

"Kwenchana…"

 

Young Saeng made his way in after Hana extended her invitation again and waited while she checked on
Hara. She signaled for him to go into Hara's room and left the both of them alone as soon as he entered.

 

"I said I'm not hungry…"

"It's me..."

"..."

 

Hara turned instantly, back facing the unexpected visitor upon hearing his voice. 
The last thing she wanted him to see was the eyes that were swollen from excessive crying.

 

Hara's POV
What... is he doing here? What does he want?
Unnie… what is she thinking…

Young Saeng's POV
How should I start? She doesn't look too happy… 

 

"What's the bear doing in the trash bag?"

 

Young Saeng sighed mentally as soon as he said those words, knowing what his careless slip of
mouth would lead to.

 

"Bring it back if you want"

"Yah…"

"I'm not in the mood for another fight. Please finish off what you want to say and… leave"

"Mianhae"

"…"

"About this afternoon at the cafe…and the past week"

"What's there to be sorry about? It's not your fault at all"

"If that's the case, why are you not picking up my calls?"

"I told you I don't want another fight… it's getting late"

 

Young Saeng caught hold of Hara as soon as she moved towards the door, his instincts telling him
not to let another chance slip away.

 

"Let's not fight anymore"

 

He said as he held on to her and looked into the pair of eyes which were attempting to avoid his gaze,
taking the opportunity to seal the mouth that was about to protest with a kiss.

Hara, although shocked, found herself returning his kiss before she realised.

It didn't last however, as the scene that unfolded before her eyes that afternoon replayed itself, 
and she pulled herself away as she began tearing again, leaving Young Saeng feeling confused 
just when he thought he had finally gotten her answer.

 

"Hara ah, what's wrong?"

 

Young Saeng asked as he wiped away the tears on her face, half dreading to hear her reply.

 

"I'm not like any of those girls…"

 

Hara's POV
Though I did accidentally… what should I do now? 

Young Saeng's POV
I knew it, she saw everything...

 

"Of course you're not like them. That girl and I… there's nothing between us"

"I don't know… and I don't want to know"

"Will you believe in me for once?"

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

hello everyone... if you're still here... :D how have u been? hope everyone's fine!
sorry for being missing for such a long time, was really busy and kinda having a block.
to be honest i almost wanted to give up on this story cos i think i kinda messed up,
next time i'll just stick to concentrating on 1 or 2 instead of attempting to include all 5 boys keke.
meanwhile please bear with me until i finish this and i'll work on a better story after this :)
and keep those comments coming in, thankyu~

love,
joelle