Final

Oh Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jaejoong wouldn’t consider her life ideal.

In fact, she’d say it was hell.

First, she’s the youngest of nine children. Second and possibly the worst, she’s the only girl.

Her family structure made it harder as she was not just the only girl child but the only female in the entire household. Her father was a widower with three sons, married her mother, had 5 more sons and then her before they both passed away in a car crash. Now she’s the only girl and her brothers loved her too much for her liking.

Adding to her woes, were the variety in her brothers and they’re ways of loving her.

Brother no. 1, Kim Eric, the eldest son and Jaejoong’s stepbrother. He’s a well-established architect and made it while balancing studies and raising 8 younger siblings. He dotes on Jaejoong by getting her all sorts of clothes. In advanced to a stage where Jaejoong couldn’t wear anything that wasn’t brought by Eric. Jaejoong wears what she wants any way.

Brother no. 2, Kim Andy, was also Jaejoong’s stepbrother. He managed his own entertainment company. To help Eric, he used to part-time in a company and over time gained enough expertise to start his own. He thinks Jaejoong is entertained by his aegyo.

Brother no. 3, Shindong, the last son of Kim patriarch’s American first wife. He’s a big eater but Jaejoong believes that he’s the most tolerable because he’s knows to use his brains (something she can’t say about the other brothers) but sometimes…..some….times….like once or twice a day…..his sarcasm bites you. Has his own restaurant.

Brother no. 4, a weirdo named Seunghyun. He likes to go by the name TOP, it’s his stage name. He’s in a band named Big Bang. His presence is the reason that Jaejoong has sworn of the kpop world. Lik nothing. Nada. She doesn’t want to see her supposedly cool brother when she knows he’s the world’s greatest dork.

Brother no. 5, Siwon, studying to be a lawyer. Supposed to be the most handsome out of all the Kim brothers but he has the hobby of making himself look ugly. He even has a blog for his ‘derp’ faces. The only good thing about him according to Jaejoong, he picked a good girlfriend in Heechul. Otherwise, she’s pretending to not know a Kim Siwon or she’d die of second-hand embarrassment.

Brother no. 6, flower boy Hyunjoong. Jaejoong believes that he is Seunghyun’s twin and not 4 years apart. They are both dorks again and together it is dork galore. He directly got casted in a drama after high school and is a self-proclaimed flower boy all because he did a show called ‘Boys over Flowers’. Jaejoong would rather take the flowers and stuff in down their throats. He earned a spot on Jaejoong’s hit list the day he gifted her a picture of himself on HER birthday.

Brother no. 7, Kim Woobin, bad boy looks with the good boy heart. Being one the youngest brother, he’s always in conflict with Eric and Jaejoong likes to pit those two together to escape from wearing some fairy-princess-barbie—unicorn-rainbow puking dress by Eric. He’s a model and actor under Andy’s agency. Tries to do chores for Jaejoong, doesn’t know them so makes it worse, Jaejoong has to do it for him and clean up his mess too.

Finally, brother no. 8, Yoochun is a dandy boy and somehow Jaejoong’s soulmate in terms of likes and dislikes. He’s a senior in the High school Jaejoong goes to and top of everything. Student council president, school yearbook editor, music extraordinaire and teacher’s pet. He rules the school and makes Jaejoong’s life hell because all girls flock her to get to her brother and all boys are beaten up by said brother. If it weren’t for being subjected to a friendless life, Yoochun would have Shindong’s place of being ‘most bearable brother.’ He has a crush on Jaejoong’s best and only friend, Junsu but Jaejoong likes to be the er. Simply revenge.

Now at the crux of her teen years, she’s in rebel mode. At least she plans to just get under the skin of her brothers.

She’s doing it gradually. Slowly making them squirm and twitch to resist lashing out at their beloved baby. Eventually, she’ll make them explode with her master plan.

That is of course when she figures out her master plan.

Right now this idiot kid in front of her is making her feel like a e.

“He’s a year younger Joongie.” Her best friend whispered in her ear and Jaejoong squirmed slightly.

“he looks 10 and I told you not to talk right into my ear.” Jaejoong whispered harshly and the two of them turned to the boy flashing him a disarming smile.

“so Taemin-ssi….”

“call me Taemin.” The boy interrupted Junsu.

“Taemin….. you say you're in the dance club?” the boy nodded and the two girls could swear they saw stars in his eyes.

“I love love love dancing. It’s my life.” He even did a few pops here and there to emphasise. “what about you Jaejoong sunbae? With so many idols in the house, I’m sure you must be fond of performing too. I’m a big fan of TOP you know.”

“He’s tone deaf.” Jaejoong deadpanned, “that’s why he raps. Hyunjoong got lucky I broke his teeth and he had to get it fixed. Got casted for his fake smile. Woobin…..” she thought for a long time, “they say it’s his legs but he’s useless. Zero flexibility. Can’t even go on his toes and reach the last shelf. Get some better idol kid, like….like….Yoo Jaesuk.” She snapped her fingers and Taemin flinched. Junsu rolled her eyes.

“she prefers comedians.” Junsu lied. Jaejoong only watches international media. She would never risk seeing any of her brothers on TV. “And to answer your question, she’s a singer not dancer.”

“Junsu sings better.” Jaejoong nudged her shoulder with Junsu’s fondly.

“why don’t you two sing at the school talent show?” Taemin said excitedly.

“Too overrated.” Jaejoong shrugged.

“Joongie, why do you keep shooting down everything he says? Be nice.” Junsu chided, uncaring that she’s speaking loudly.

“Hey! I’m saving the new kids . If forehead sees him here with us, he’s going to pop him like bubble wrap. Pop!” Taemin flinched with Jaejoong’s ‘pop’ but he was curious.

“ummm….what is forehead and if he likes to pop, I don’t mind.”

Both girls facepalmed. “Taemin, you're a nice kid with a bright future so I’m what I’m about to say is for your own good.” Junsu pat his hand, “Run. Run like the wind. Anytime you see either of us, go in the opposite direction.”

Before Taemin could say ‘Why’, he felt a weight on his shoulder. “Hi Jiji, hi Su. Have you guys eaten?” The dashing smile of the man standing next to him contrasted the crushing claws that were digging on his shoulder.

“let the poor kid go oppa.” Jaejoong said pointedly at her brother. Yoochun released Taemin’s shoulder and sat beside the boy.

“hmmm….. you look like you should be in kindergarten.” Yoochun gave the boy a once-over then scowled lightly. “rejected. Not good enough for my Jiji.”

“Jiji.” Jaejoong raised her hand and went back to eating. Taemin nodded slowly getting who this man kept referring to.

“So are you two dating?” Taemin asked looking between Yoochun and Jaejoong.

“Ew! That’s and this guy doesn’t meet my standards.” Yoochun made a crying face like he was hurt by Jaejoong. “anyhow, this loser has the hots for her.” Jaejoong pointed at Junsu making her and Yoochun sputter and blush. Jaejoong looked at Taemin, “I’m buying you time here. Run. Run.” Taemin did.

“so Jiji…” Yoochun coughed to stop his embarrassment, “want to go home straight after school or we can go to the mall?”

Jaejoong kicked Junsu under the table and she flinched. Almost robotically, Junsu spoke, “we have a project to work on.”

“Oh! no probs. I’ll take you both straight home.” Yoochun smiled.

“We’re going to my house.” Junsu said quickly again.

Yoochun’s face fell for a brief moment before he smiled again, “then call me and I’ll pick you up =, okay Jiji?”

“pick me up from where? I’m only two blocks down from our house.” Jaejoong deadpanned again. She was internally smirking though. She knows why her brother is being so insistent. Yoochun wanted to see Junsu. Even Junsu felt the same but the sadistic Jaejoong wanted to torture the both of them. Junsu is being blackmailed by Jaejoong right now to lie or say goodbye to her dolphin blankie. “don’t you have a student council meeting to get to?”

Yoochun’s eyes widened in realisation. “! I have to go. bye girls. I’ll see you later.” Yoochun dashed off from there.

“Joongie, we have no project.” Junsu informed her once Yoochun was out of earshot.

“I know. We’re going to the mall.” Jaejoong returned to eating.

“Then we could have gone with chun-opppp- Yoochun.” Junsu rephrased when Jaejoong glared at her.

“We’re not going anywhere with any of my brothers because we’re going to shop for things that will make my brothers go crazy. Muahahahaha!” Jaejoong’s fingers tapped diabolically and all eyes were on her. Junsu’s eyes only rolled but she was tempted to try out a new look. So heck!
 

“What the Fish!” Eric screamed at the sight in front of him. When he opened the door for his baby sister, he didn’t expect the heart-wrenching sight in front of him.

Andy came out at the sudden exclamation. He saw who was at the door and held his face like the dude in the ‘scream’ painting. “What the Freak!”

“the exclamations just get better and better.” Jaejoong smirked.

Woobin came down the stairs and then dropped his iPad, “What the !”

“aaah! Bad boys get it right.” Jaejoong had a fake impressed face.

“Jiji, who did this to you? Did some one bully you into this? Give me names. I’ll fix them.” Eric began rolling up his sleeves ready for a fight.

“Actually, she bullied me into it.” Junsu said meekly, but when Jaejoong whispered ‘Blankie’, Junsu smiled, “I quite like it. Mom likes my new hairstyle too.” Junsu said while tugging on her short candy blue hair.

“and you?” Woobin pointed at Jaejoong. he looked at her once again hoping that it his sister was just in a her favourite Chanel dress and her jet black hair in a cute ponytail. But no, she really was sporting the black mini with cuts at choice places revealing the hot pink halter underneath, spiked boots and…. “pink…..her hair is pink!” Andy held woobin’s collar and shook him back forth in distress.

“I can see that.” Woobin snapped. “Why the is it pink?”

“It’s purple.” Jaejoong snapped, “don’t call it pink. I took a lot of time deciding the color.”

“3 point 7 minutes.” Junsu supplied.

“what’s with all the nooiiiii-Yikes!” Siwon came from the kitchen and held the wall for support at the sight. “Jiji! Who did this to you?” Jaejoong didn’t like repeating herself, so she didn’t. it may also have to do with Siwon and Andy’s faces contorted to cry- Siwon’s derp and Andy’s is attempted cuteness.

“oh my! That’s hot!” this is why Jaejoong liked Heechul. She was Siwon’s saving grace. She even did a twirl when Heechul asked, “you got the legs for a mini.” Heechul gave her professional opinion. She was a fashion student after all.

“and me?” Junsu pointed at herself, not to be outdone.

“hmmm….I always knew you could rock the short hair. Pair it up with some hot eyewear okay.” Heechul styled Junsu’s hair a bit and nodded approvingly at the final result.

“You can’t possibly encourage this!” Siwon shrieked.

“are you dropping me to my apartment or do I have to take the subway?” Heechul drawled. Siwon led her out with a defeated expression. Heechul gave the two girls a thumbs up when she left and passed Yoochun on the way.

“Hey! What’s up with Siwon’s face- I’m sorry, Hi.” Yoochun noticed some unknown people at the hallway and greeted them before looking at his brothers.

Said brothers are looking at him with a WTF look and Yoochun frowned. “What’s with the looks?” he asked slowly. He glanced at the girls and gave them a once-over. That’s when his eyes stuck on one particular part. “Holy ! That’s Duckbutt!”

“No genius.” Woobin sneered. “You can recognise Junsu’s and not your own sister’s face.” When Woobin said that, Yoochun slapped a hand on his mouth. He sent an apologetic look to Junsu but she waved it off. She’s used to all eyes on her derriere anyway.

Yoochun suddenly found himself plastered on the wall with Eric in his face. “Kim Yoochun, who the is bullying my baby?”

“What?” Yoochun squeaked.

“you're supposed to keep an eye on her in school. What happened that…..this happened?” Eric gestured to the entirety of Jaejoong and Junsu.

“he’s supposed to keep an eye on me? What happens when he graduates next year?” Jaejoong asked. She was silently hoping that her last year of high school will be her sanctum sanctorum once the last of her brother graduates.

“easy. Yoochun has to fail and he’ll be held back.” Andy said simply.

“It’s easier than getting Hyunjoong to go to school again.” Woobin said matter-of-factly.

“and they wonder why I did this.” Jaejoong said in mild exasperation while Junsu rubbed her back sympathetically. “well, nice talking to you guys but I have homework. Bye Suie.” Jaejoong skipped up the stairs and Junsu left the house after saying good night to all the males.

When Yoochun had waved at Junsu longer than necessary, he was once again pressed against a wall. “Where the were you leaving Jaejoong alone?” Eric growled at him.

“eh! Hyung I didn’t know. I swear.” Yoochun held his right hand up in the gesture and Eric stepped back a bit, “she told me she’s doing her project with Junsu at her place. I didn’t even see her at the mall.”

“what were you doing in the mall alone?” Woobin asked suspiciously.

“I have friends thank you very much.” Yoochun retorted sassily, “a new guy transferred to my class. I was just showing him the school hangout. He’s lived in UK for most of his life and moved here recently because his father’s job relocated him in Seoul.”

“foreigner sounds too cool to be your friend.” Yoochun would have punched Woobin but he can’t move with his eldest brother still standing in front of him.

“It’s Seunghyun!” Andy snapped his fingers.

“What! No hyung. My friend’s not Seunghyun hyung.” Yoochun explained.

“Not your friend. I’m saying it’s Seunghyun’s fault. That idiot’s always changing hair colours and it’s never normal. He has a bad influence on Jiji.” Andy approved his own reasoning.

“call that idiot right now.” Eric ordered.

“but he’s in Tokyo for the tour.” Andy said.

“So? Call him and tell the other three too. This is a crisis. We need an alpha family council meeting right now. Jiji is in the teen angst phase.” Eric spoke with urgency in his behaviour.

“What’s an alpha family council meeting?” Woobin asked Yoochun while the older brothers had gone to make calls to the other males.

“whatever it is, it’s going to be the first.” Yoochun said tiredly and went to the kitchen.

~~~

The Goth phase had been going on for 3 days. Needless to say, the sister-doting men had begun to accept their sister had gone over to the ‘dark’ side.

Though Seunghyun’s hair was nearly shaved off and Hyunjoong was made to sleep outside for saying the pink hair look cute.

Either way, the Goth Jaejoong was starting to grow on them.

That was why their fictional ‘Jiji-trouble antenna’ started to ping when Jaejoong’s black chic look was gone. She had left with the unnerving makeup and clothes on a Saturday girls’ day out with Junsu. She returned that evening not wearing the same thing and it wasn’t the old Jaejoong either.

Jaejoong’s pink hair was the same length- waist length. Now, it just reached below her shoulders. There were waves and it was blonde- her brothers had to admit it looked good on her. Her usual kind of clothes was there, a plain pink blouse and beige skirt- just the way Eric would get her. However, this time she had styled it with a white leather shrug, ankle boots and a sweet black bow hairband. A normal Jaejoong wore knit instead of leather, ballet pumps instead of boots and liked to tie her hair up instead of letting it down and bows were a big no-no.

“Jiji, is everything alright?” Hyunjoong asked while looking his sister up and down. he had blonde hair too but somehow he felt his sister looked a million times better.

“it’s fine. Why do you ask?” Jaejoong shrugged.

“because you seem bipolar lately.” Woobin muttered under his breath but was silenced by Shindong hitting him with an apple.

“you're looking really nice.” Shindong complimented, “just give us a heads up next time you dye your hair.”

Jaejoong gave him a thumbs up in affirmation, “here’s a heads up. I’m going out with some friends for dinner. Just came to get a thicker coat.” Jaejoong took off the shrug and took her pink leather jacket from the hall closet, “bye boys.” And the door shut in a bang.

Eric watched her leave from the hall window, “when did I get her those clothes?” he asked himself not even considering that Jaejoong would shop for clothes herself.

“forget that! Where did she get friends?” Hyunjoong shrieked.

“someone’s not doing their job.” All eyes narrowed on Yoochun’s form who was blissfully sleeping on the couch after reading. Woobin who said that, was cracking his knuckles ready to beat up his brother.

“Guys, we agreed no murder till Siwon can officially be our lawyer.” Shindong hollered from the kitchen and returned to his cooking.

The remaining brothers took a rain check on homicide.

  

~~~

Jaejoong sat in the café while stirring her ice tea. Once in a while, she would glance at the entrance but go back to her room temperature ice tea in disappointment.

By the fifth time, she smiled when a certain person walked in and sat on the seat opposite her.

“Sorry, I’m late. My sister needed to be dropped somewhere.” The man apologized to her and flashed a charming grin, “did you order?” Jaejoong shook her head, “perfect. Now I can impress you with my extraordinary ordering skills.”

Jaejoong chuckled, “let’s see. If you order something I don’t like, you're going to have to eat it.”

“no worries. I can eat a lot as long as no food goes to waste.” He gave their orders to a waiter and then turned back to Jaejoong. “So Kim Jaejoong…..” He looked at her properly now, “I never expected a girl to change herself for me…..”

“I wanted a change and you're kind of an inspiration.” Jaejoong bit her bottom lip, “besides, someone like Jung Yunho needs a decent girl to complement him, don’t you think? Do you like it?”

“it just proves  my theory that you look good in anything, purple or blonde.” The man named Jung Yunho leaned his face on his hand and looked at Jaejoong adoringly.

Jaejoong felt happy that he was the first person to tell that it was purple not pink, “you're such a charmer. My brothers would kill you for that.” Jaejoong suddenly cringed remembering the banes of her life, “don’t let Yoochun know about us please.”

“I don’t know….” Yunho drawled, “he’s such a nice guy. The first to be my friend when I came here. I feel like I’m betraying him.”

“you do know he’s a spy for my other seven brothers and the ‘nice guy’ you're talking about has beat up several of my suitors.” Jaejoong smirked when Yunho’s head fell from his perched hand at the information.

“Yoochun won’t know a thing.” Yunho made a motion of zipping up his lips. They’re orders came and Jaejoong served both of them.

Yunho didn’t dig in immediately as he waited for Jaejoong’s reaction at the food. Jaejoong took a bite of the pasta and then a little of the chicken parmesan.

“So?” he tried to get a reaction from her.

“it’s okay.” Jaejoong shrugged and Yunho’s face fell. “kidding. I like it.” Jaejoong smiled and Yunho sighed in relief. He dug in himself and agreed it was good, “I make a really mean pasta too.”

“I’d like to try it sometime.” Yunho smiled.

“I make Korean food even better. I’ll get you some for lunch on Monday. I tell you, you're going to be addicted. But….” Jaejoong’s bottom lip jutted out remembering that she can’t eat lunch with Yunho in school or her brother will drive him away.

“why don’t you pack an extra lunch for Yoochun’s new friend?” Yunho winked and Jaejoong smiled.

“Yoochun’s friend is going to love it.”

~~~  

Yoochun has been getting quite close to Junsu lately.

That kicked Seunghyun’s underused grey matter into action.

If Yoochun is getting some duck-/dolphin time then that means there hasn’t been any ing Jaejoong. If there is no Jaejoong, what has her occupied?

Seunghyun decided to drop in at Jaejoong’s school before he has to go to Inkigayo. He forced Yoochun to skip class, so they could find Jaejoong.

Yoochun found something else altogether.

His new best friend, Yunho is in the empty music room where Jaejoong is supposed to be. His hair is dishevelled and shirt is untucked with top two buttons undone.  His appearance creamed only one thing.

“Dude! You skipped class to do it in the music room?” Yoochun punched Yunho’s arm in the manly approving way. “where’s the girl? Who is she? Do we know her?”

“No!” Yunho’s answer was quick, enough to startle the two men. Yunho coughed to cover up the urgency, “I mean, she’s just some junior. Nothing serious.”

“A fling huh?” Seunghyun smirked all too knowingly.

“Yeah.” Yunho chuckled nervously. Seunghyun didn’t even know half of it.

“where is she?” Yoochun looked around curiously.

“class.” Yunho’s way of answering was making Yoochun and Seunghyun suspicious, “you know, she got dressed first and left.” Yunho hoped he sounded casual though it sounded really bad.

Yoochun shrugged, “so have you seen our sister? She’s supposed to be here.”

“sister? What sister? I don’t know you have a sister. How would I know who’s your sister?” Yunho spoke like speeding train and leaned his hand on the supplies door nonchalantly.

“you didn’t introduce your friend to Jiji?” Seunghyun looked at Yoochun incredulously. It was owever replaced by a look of appreciation, “finally you do something right.”

“Gee thanks!” Yoochun scowled and turned to his friend, “yeah, Jaejoong isn’t hanging out with us much lately so it’s kinda hard to introduce her. You should just drop in one day.”

“nice meeting you anyway man! But we got to find our sister.” Seunghyun waved and left the room followed by Yoochun.

When they left, Yunho stood away from the door and it opened from inside. “You douche! I’m a fling!” Jaejoong shrieked angrily.

“Hey! You said they shouldn’t know. I was only following your orders.” Yunho raised his hands in surrender. “how did you know they’re coming here anyway?” Yunho couldn’t fathom how Jaejoong could pull away so suddenly leaving Yunho with a raging hard-on and disappear in the closet with just a ‘get rid of them’. It was only when Yoochun and Seunghyun enter, Yunho understood.

“I can smell them from miles away.” Jaejoong scowled briefly and then put her sweet face on, “well, they killed the mood. So I’ll just go to class.” However Jaejoong was pulled back by her hand and slammed into a hard chest.

“you're not going anywhere leaving me like this.” Yunho growled near her lips.

“But I dressed up already.” Jaejoong pouted but that action only caused their lips to touch. Yunho didn’t let that kiss end easily and stopped it only when he had enough. He pulled Jaejoong higher by her waist and brought his lips to her ear.

“you can’t get away from me like this Jaejoongie. I know your weakness.” The husky whisper in her ear made Jaejoong’s leg jelly and she was fully leaning on Yunho’s body. Yunho smirked and dove for Jaejoong’s lips again.

~~~

The door flew open and 8 men spilled in. once they managed to get on their feet and cover up their embarrassment, they started brandishing their weapons.

“where are they? Where are those bastards who touched our sister?” Eric  was ready with his baseball bat.

“Shhhh! Don’t disturb the patient.” The nurse chided all the men who stiffened and apologised. They immediately rushed to their sister sleeping on the hospital bed. Jaejoong looked peaceful in her sleep as she held Junsu’s hand near her pillow. The nurse looked at all the men, “who’s the patient’s family?”

“We all are.” Shindong answered while trying to his chopper knife.

“uh-huh!” the nurse nodded sceptically, “who’s the parent?”

Woobin shoved Eric to the front with his hockey stick, “he’s it.”

“are you really Kim Jaejoong’s father?” the nurse’s eyebrow crooked in suspicion. 

Eric resisted the urge to roll his eyes. For all intents and purposes, he was Jaejoong’s father more than brother. She was born when he was 16 and became guardian to her and the other boys when he was 18. So he was a father to all of them. Yet, people tended to judge them because of the youthful good looking genes they shared. Each of them has been mistaken as Jaejoong’s older lover at least once. The most recent one was when Jaejoong started high school and all thought Yoochun was her boyfriend due to their proximity.  

In a clipped tone, Eric answered, “I’m her eldest brother and also her guardian.”

The nurse nodded, “well, I can’t allow so many people at one time. So anyone who isn’t family will have to wait outside.”

Junsu was about to stand up but Siwon put his hand on her shoulder so she’d remain where she is, “we’re the family. She’s our sister.”

“all of you?” the nurse looked at all the men, “poor girl.” She muttered under her breath so only she could hear. “fine, let’s get down to business shall we? Your sister is fine, just a small bruise on her hand and a concussion. We’ve done a full check up. She was conscious earlier and the police and the cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter