final.

A Common Point

Someone suddenly opened the classroom's door and the teacher stopped his lesson when he saw that the headmaster was there. The students stood up.

 

The headmaster took a few steps inside and nodded to the students for them to sit down again. He went to the teacher and whispered something to him. His face showed shock a second, but he soon erased this expression and turned to the class.

 

''Luhan, the headmaster needs to talk to you.'' and everybody looked at him.

 

Without a word, Luhan got up and was about to go when the headmaster stopped him.

 

''Take your stuff.'' and Luhan did, the others still following his moves.

 

Luhan knew what it was all about. He had always been a bad student and that was definitely not the first time he had been 'invited' to spend some time with the headmaster. He was going to tell him that he needed to start studying for good if he didn't want to repeat his year. The funny thing is he had been told the same thing last year but he anyways passed to the next grade.

 

As he was going throught the class, he met someone's else gaze.

 

That someone was Sehun. He had always hate him even if there was no special reason for it.

 

They were maybe to different. One was one of the high school's best students, the other was a duffer. One liked to follow the rules, the other to break them.

 

They hardly talk to each other and when they did it was always leading to an argument.

 

Luhan couldn't take as Sehun never spend time with others, like he was thinking he was better than everyone just because he was studying well. It was stupid, school wasn't everything. What did he had apart from school ? He was so busy studying all time that he hadn't even find time to make friends. Luhan couldn't understand him.

 

Sehun kept gazing at him and Luhan did the same until he was told to hurry up so he broke their eyes' connection before getting out with the headmaster.

 

*

 

Sehun took a look at the vacant desk at the back of the classroom. After that day when he had been carried away in the middle of the class, Luhan hadn't showed up to school.

 

The day after, their teacher had announced that Luhan would be absent a few time for family problems. He hadn't give more details but the whole school soon discovered that his father had been killed in a car accident.

 

At first, the atmosphere was really tense, everybody, friends or not, being touched by the news but of course as time passed by it slowly went back to normal.

 

Sehun decided to climb to the roof to eat, thinking that after that he would be peaceful to read as spring was only starting and most people thought it was still too cold to go outside.

 

However, as he opened the door to access the roof, he was surprised to see someone standing in front of the grid. This person was looking at the landscape so Sehun couldn't see his face but he knew for sure who it was.

 

''Luhan.'' he called out and the other turned around.

 

''Sehun.'' he simply said and the latter noticed that Luhan looked ill. He had lost weight and his face was really pale. ''I thought nobody would come.'' he added.

 

''Well... Here I am.''

 

Sehun didn't know if he should express his condolences, or how to do it. They had been fighting since they knew each other so he was afraid this would be akward.

 

''So ? Are you about to make fun of me ?'' Luhan finally broke the silence.

 

''Excuse me ?'' Sehun looked at him in shock.

 

''Yeah like, I deserve what happened to me and stuff like that.'' he had a sarcastic smile that gave chills to the other.

 

''How could I say that ?'' and Luhan shrugged. ''Look, I know we're not exactly getting on well but I don't hate you enough to be like that to you... Anyways I should leave you alone.''

 

''Good idea.'' Luhan answered with another forced smile on his face.

 

Sehun turned around, ready to open the door but he finally didn't.

 

''You're angry, isn't it ?''

 

''What ?''

 

''You wonder why it was him and not someone else, why some bad people are still there and he's gone...?'' he turned around to face the other again. ''You want to turn back time and make everything different, right ?''

 

Luhan wasn't smiling anymore. His eyes had widened and they were getting watery.

 

''How... can you know how I feel ?'' he managed to say despite the tightness in his throat.

 

''I lost my mother a few years ago so...'' he looked down, nostalgia suddenly hitting him.

 

''Oh.'' There was a brief silence and he spoke again. ''Sorry about what I said earlier... of course you wouldn't make fun of me...''

 

''That's ok, it's not totally your fault. I was like you at first, I became extremely sensitive and aggressive... Just try to remember that you're not alone.''

 

''I feel alone.''

 

''But you're not. You're just sad.''

 

Luhan bit his lip as his eyes we're getting even more wet.

 

''You should go home for now.''

 

''I should.''

 

He walked to the door, silently passing by Sehun and only stopped before closing the door behind him.

 

''Hey.''

 

''Yeah ?''

 

''Well... Thank you.'' and he left without giving the other time to asnwer.

 

Sehun was a bit lost after that. It was weird to have the other thank him.

 

*

 

Luhan tried to focus on his teacher words, but his mind wouldn't leave him alone. Without knowing, he let his head rest on his desk with a sigh, closing his eyes. He had to open them again yet when he heard his teacher call his name. He was looking in his direction with the same pitiful gaze he was now so used to see.

 

''Are you ok ?''

 

One of the other things he heard a lot. He didn't knew anymore if people asked because they were worried or as an habit.

 

''Not really.'' he said as he straightened himself and tried to smile.

 

''Do you want to go out a moment ?'' and he slowly nodded.

 

He stood up but the teacher spoke again.

 

''Sehun, can you go with him ? I don't like my students to go by themselves during class.''

 

Sehun nodded and stood up. He and Luhan went outside.

 

As soon as the door was closed, Sehun caught the other by the wrist.

 

''What are you doing ?'' Luhan almost shouted.

 

''Shh.''

 

As Luhan wasn't really in the mood to fight and above all because he didn't have enough energy to, he let go.

 

Sehun took him to the school's nursery and made him sit on one of the beds.

 

''Sleep.'' he said.

 

''I'm not exactly supposed to sleep during the day, especially in school.'' Luhan sarcastically replied. He just a few minutes ago thought that he wasn't in the mood to fight with the other but the way he was giving him orders had made him change his mind.

 

''Yeah, but you didn't sleep last night... or the night before, don't you ?''

 

Luhan didn't answer. Sehun was right. He had dealed with a lot of sleepless nights these past weeks.

 

''Oh, but before you sleep I'll get you something to eat.''

 

''I'm not hungry.'' he abrutly answered.

 

''You need to eat, Luhan. You lost a lot of weight.''

 

Luhan frowned. Why couldn't he leave him alone ?

 

''I'm fine.''

 

Sehun gave him a look that meant 'Of course you're not.' but he didn't say it because he knew how it would end. He decided to change his method.

 

''Luhan, look, I'm not saying this to bother you. It's because everybody is worried about you...''

 

The other had a bitter smile on their lips. ''They just pity me. I hate that everyone, and even you, is so nice with me now.''

 

''I don't pity you.''

 

''Then why are you trying so hard to help me ? Even the other day ?''

 

''Because you remind me of myself and I don't want you to do the same mistake I did.''

 

''What do you mean... ?'' he quietly asked and Sehun lowered his gaze and bit his lip, obviously hesitating. But he finally met the other's eyes again and took off his jacket.

 

Luhan let him do as he wondered what all that meant but he started to understand when the other started to roll up his left sleep, his eyes widening as Sehun's wrist was in view.

 

Without knowing, Luhan reached to Sehun's arm, his thumb gently touching the scar as if he wanted to be sure he wasn't dreaming.

 

''I was really... lost back then and this happened.'' he said as he was trying to smile but this was obvious that it was hard for him to talk about it.

 

''But still... Your father already lost his wife how could you do this to him ?'' Luhan looked up and the other read both pity and anger in his eyes.

 

''Now I know how stupid it was but back in time it looked like the only way. But I'm kinda showing this to scare you, I mean, do you realize that by skipping so much sleep and meals you're also putting your life in danger ?''

 

Luhan let go of the other when he heard those words because he realized that they did make sense. Tears were gathering in his eyes and he close his eyes and exhaled in an attempt to make them disappear.

 

''Don't hold back your tears, Luhan... Never.''

 

That was all he needed to let himself go. Tears started to roll down his cheeks and he lowered his head. Sehun hesitated a moment but he patted his shoulder and told him he would come back in a few minutes with some snacks. Luhan silently nodded and he was gone.

 

However, when Sehun went back into the nursery, he found Luhan asleep.

 

*

 

Luhan was woken up by one of his friends as class had just ended. He had took his bag for him so they could go home without going back to their classroom.

 

After Sehun's departure, he remembered sitting down on a bed. He supposed that he had fell asleep without knowing.

 

He stoop up and took his bag, thanking his friend.

 

He felt a little bit better than before.

 

*

 

When he arrived in his room, he threw his bag in a corner and noticed that something had fell from the front pocket of his bag that had stayed opened.

 

It was a piece of paper and he picked it up, turning it over to see if something was written on the other side.

 

'In case you need someone to talk,

 

Sehun.'

 

 

Then there was a phone number. Luhan stared at it a few seconds, not knwoing if he should keep it or not but he decided to stow it in one of his desk's drawer. Even if by keeping it, he felt like he was starting to rely on Sehun and didn't like that.

 

*

 

Luhan was spending another week-end alone. Despite all his friends trying to make plans with him to try to cheer him up, he still wasn't ready to have fun as before. So they stopped insiting and let him alone.

 

Sehun didn't know if he was happy or not about that. It was like even if he was going to say no, he wanted them to keep asking. It was stupid but it almost felt like they didn't care about him, when they did since they kept on offering him to meet each others.

 

He often had this kind of contradictory thoughts now and not only about his friends. He knew it didn't make sense but he felt terribly alone. Like nobody, not even his mother, could understand him.

 

She had been a mess at first, she had been worst than him but it seemed like she was getting better. Luhan hated her for that. Was his father so easy to forget ? He was jealous too. Why couldn't he feel better too ?

 

Like this, as he was thinking, he remembered this piece of paper he had weeks ago discovered in his bag. He stood up from his bed and opened the drawer he had put it inside. He took it, his fingers dialing the numbers. He stopped right before pressing the 'call' button, was it a good idea ?

 

He finally did and put his phone next to his ear, letting himself hear the dial tone. A few seconds passed and the tone was interrupted by a noise and then a voice spoke.

 

''Hello ?''

 

''Hi, it's... Luhan.''

 

''Luhan ?'' Sehun's voice sounded surprised. ''I never thought you would actually call.... How have you been ?'' he asked.

 

''Well.'' Luhan lied. ''How about you ?''

 

''Same.''

 

An akward silence followed his words as Luhan was thinking he should have told the truth, that he felt pathetic. Now he didn't know how to introduce the topic.

 

''Are you busy ?'' Sehun suddenly asked.

 

''What ?''

 

''You wouldn't have called me if everything was fine, right ? Let's meet.''

 

 

Luhan had accepted, thought he didn't totally know why. He refused to see his friends a few hours ago and there he was now, walking with Sehun by his side, going God knows where.

 

They had been walking for a long time now, yet none of them had said anything since they had greeted each other.

 

Sehun probably thought Luhan was stupid to accept they meet to talk and finally stay silent.

 

''Let's take a sit.'' Sehun finally broke the silence, pointing at a bench near them. Luhan nodded and followed him without a word. They sat down and he still didn't say anything.

 

''Maybe it wasn't a good idea, you don't really want to confide to me, right ?'' he said and Luhan almost heard disappoint in his voice.

 

''It's not like that.''

 

''Then tell me.'' he turned around to make their eyes meet. ''What's wrong ?''

 

''You probably gonna think it's stupid though.'' he looked down with a forced smile.

 

''Just tell me, Luhan.''

 

Luhan looked up again and something about the other's eyes just made him want to trust him. So he lowered his guard and said everything he wanted to, everything he needed to say. It seemed pretty messy to him but Sehun was quietly listening to his words.

 

When he was done, he didn't answer immediatly as if he was thnking to the best thing to say.

 

''I think people react differently when they loose someone. When my mother died, as I told you, I became extremely negative and aggresive. It was my way to avoid expressing how sad I was and it leaded to... you know what...'' he said as he blankly stared at the floor with a gloomy face. ''My father, on the contrary, openly cried whenever he thought about my mother. It's the same with you and your mother, she's just trying to move on but it doesn't mean that she did or will ever forget your father. As a mother she may think that she have to be better soon in order to help you. I think you're lucky.''

 

Sehun looked up and smiled gently to Luhan who once again felt tears forming in his eyes because of the other. But this time there were tears of happiness. Luhan felt so thankful to his mother and he hated himself for thinking bad of her.

 

He also regretted having judged Sehun without knowing him. Before, he could only give things he didn't like about the other but this list was starting to disappear as he was noticing all the things he liked about him. Like his kindness, his calmness and the way he always found a way to make him feel better.

 

''I can't believe I used to hate you... As you were always by yourself I thought you were pretentious but you're so far from that.''

 

''I just prefer not become close with people I could loose.''

 

''You shouldn't think like that. Just because you lost your mother doesn't mean you'll loose everybody else.''

 

''I know, but I can't help it. That's why I'm a little bit scared now.''

 

''Scared ? Why ?'' Luhan asked and Sehun bit his lip, looking away.

 

''Forget it.'' he suddenly stoop up. ''I better go.''

 

''Why ?'' Luhan stoop up and caught Sehun's arm to prevent him from leaving. ''I thought we were cool now.''

 

''Yeah, that's why it would be even harder for me if something ever happen to you.'' he finally spoke and Luhan stared at him, confused, as there was something he had never saw in the other's eyes.

 

''What do you mean by 'even harder'... ?'' he asked and as Sehun was about to say something a phone ringtone interrupted him.

 

Luhan recognized his ringtone but he felt like he needed an explaination so he didn't want to pick up. He kept staring at Sehun, trying to find out an answer in his eyes, his hand still tightened on his wrist.

 

''Won't you answer ?''

 

''Answer my question first.''

 

''Luhan, just pick up the phone.''

 

Luhan slowly let go of the other's arm and took his phone but the ringing stopped as he did. He looked at the calling journal and saw it was Baehyun, his best friend. He soon received a notification that the latter had left a voice message in which he informed him that since he wanted to stay home once again they all decided to come to his place, asking where he was and saying that he should come back soon if he didn't want to be in trouble.

 

As he heard his friend's voice, Luhan's lips streched into a smile. Like this, he realized that they would always be there for him.

 

''My friends are at my place so I have to go.'' he said. ''We will end this conversation later, ok ?''

 

Sehun lifted one of his hands towards Luhan's face but he stopped it just before they meet and gently put it on the other's shoulder instead.

 

''Have fun.'' he smiled, his hand letting go before he turned around and went away from a confused Luhan.

 

*

 

It had been more than two weeks now and Luhan hadn't mention the other day again so Sehun assumed he had forgot about what he had said.

 

Sehun was glad, he didn't want him to understand what he was desperately trying to hide since they started to become close. That he had been silently loving him all these years, despite their fights. That he actually prefered Luhan to hate him than being invisible to him.

 

 

When he first saw him, Sehun had just been transfered into his new high school as in his previous one everybody knew about what he did and he could always feel eyes judging him.

 

The day he arrived, on the break, Luhan and his friends were the first to approach him. He remembered the feeling he had when the other smiled at him for the first time, like everything would be alright from that moment. But he didn't want to make friends so he had been cold that day and the whole class soon let him alone.

 

He thought it was obvious he behaved like that because he wasn't confident about himself but now that he was thinking about it he could totally understand that Luhan thought he was pretentious.

 

He didn't care being on his own, it was his choice. However, he had sometimes wished Luhan could smile at him once again.

 

Now, Luhan was gradually trying to make him more sociable as he often invited him for lunch with all his friends. 'You shouldn't stay alone.' he had said and Sehun knew he was right so he accepted.

 

It had been strange at first, but the others had been welcoming to him. He kinda felt good around them and even if it was scaring he didn't want to break that.

 

 

That day they had spent the afternoon all together but Luhan was a bit tired so he wanted to go home. Some of them suggested that Sehun should go with him and he wondered if they had noticed his feelings for the other and did that just to embarrass him.

 

Still, he agreed and they left the others as the sun was starting to go down.

 

Luhan had been better these days and he had find his cheering self again but even before he said he wanted to go home because he was tired, he had barely talked.

 

There again, as they were walking, he didn't say a word and was staring blankly at the floor.

 

Sehun was worried but he didn't want to disturb Luhan as he seemed to be overwelmed with thoughts.

 

''Sorry for ruining the mood.'' Luhan finally spoke when they arrived at his doorstep.

 

''Don't worry, it's o-'' Sehun was interrupted as Luhan suddenly took him in his embrace.

 

''It would have been his birthday, today.'' he nostalgically said and Sehun let his arms wrap him up.

 

He didn't answer, thinking there was nothing he could say that would make feel the other better. He just let his chin on the other's head, mentally wishing his heart would stop beating so fast.

 

*

 

''I think I like him.'' Luhan said as he was lying on Baekhyun's bed, the latter playing video games with Kai as they were sat on the floor.

 

''Who ?'' Baekhyun asked but he wasn't giving him all his attention as he had to focus on the game.

 

''I bet it's Sehun.'' Kai said and Baekhyun turned around, quickly sitting on his bed to get closer to his friend.

 

''Sehun ?'' he asked and Luhan nodded.

 

''Yet I'm not sure, that's why I'm telling you guys.''

 

''How can you hesitate about that ? You like him or not, that's simple.'' Kai spoke as he also turned around, giving up on ending the match. ''And you do I'm pretty sure.'' he smirked.

 

''Kai leave him alone you know he's a novice when it comes to love.'' Baekhyun hugged him. ''I can't believe my Luhan is in love.'' he pouted. Kai laughed because Baekhyun's possessivness towards the other seemed funny to him.

 

''First, I never used the word 'love' and secondly I said I don't know.''

 

''Then what make you think that you could like him ?'' Baekhyun asked as he released him.

 

''I don't know, I just feel at peace when he's around... As if he were able to take my pain away. And I thought about it, maybe it even started before, maybe the reason why I was so upset to him was not because of the way he treated us when he moved at our school but because I already wanted to be a part of his world but he wouldn't let me in...''

 

There was a silence and Kai broke it.

 

''So cheesy.''

 

''I know right ? Let's ignore him.'' Baekhyun answered as he came back next to the other to continue their game.

 

''You won't tell him, right ?'' Luhan asked as he remembered how talkative they were.

 

''No way, don't worry.'' Baekhyun said as his eyes were on the TV again.

 

''Yeah, don't worry Mr Cheesy.'' Kai laughed.

 

*

 

''I shouldn't have told them.'' Luhan thought with a sigh as he could hear his friends whispering and giggling around him. Of course, the news that Luhan had a crush-or-something on Sehun had spread really quickly in their group and now they were all calling him Mr Cheesy. He knew they would get bored soon, but still, this was annoying.

 

''Why are they calling you Mr Cheesy ?'' Sehun eventually asked as he had of course been left with no clue about this sudden nickname.

 

''I have no idea, they're just weird.'' Luhan lied and the others were surprised to see how he was able to keep his nerve. ''By the way would you help me studying for the test ?'' he skillfully changed the topic.

 

''The test is in 10 minutes. Why didn't you study before ? Like yesterday for example.'' Baekhyun said.

 

''I had forgot about it.'' and the others laughed.

 

''It's not funny.'' he pouted before he spoke to Sehun again. ''So would you ? Please.'' he gave him his best begging stare and Sehun nodded.

 

Luhan smiled and took one of the chair around to put it near Sehun's desk then sat down.

 

''Should we study too ?'' Kyungsoo proposed but Kai scoffed.

 

''No way, I have only ten minutes before going to hell, I'm not gonna waste it.'' he said as he left, making the others do so because they agreed with him.

 

Luhan and Sehun were left alone and the latter started to give a condensed explaination of the lesson and what they were supposed to do for the test.

 

Soon, their teacher arrived and told his students to get back to their seats so Luhan did.

 

 

After the test Luhan was jubilating. He wouldn't say he did everything perfectly, of course, but he was almost sure to get the average. He had wanted to thank Sehun but the latter had already disappeared.

 

His friends asked him if he would like to hang out with them, they wanted to decompress a bit after the test and he shook his head no, saying that he needed to find Sehun.

 

''He probably left already.'' Baekhyun said as he was a bit annoyed that the other had chosen Sehun over them.

 

''No, I think I know where he is.'' he said as he took his bag. ''See you tomorrow guys.''

 

Luhan went to the roof where Sehun was actually, as he thought he would be, sat down, his back against one of the school's wall.

 

''You seem to like this place.'' he said and the other turned his head around.

 

''I come here to think.'' Sehun said as the other sat down next to him.

 

''What about ?''

 

''...Stuff.''

 

Luhan hummed in response even if he would had like to be given more details. Was sometimes Sehun thinking of him the same way he did ? Was their relashionship ambiguous only to him ?

 

''So, how was the test ?'' Sehun spoke.

 

''I think it was ok. Thanks to you.''

 

''If I was able to help then I'm glad.''

 

Luhan almost laughed as he thought at how unaware was Sehun of how much he had already, and kept helping him everyday. He smiled instead, thinking his cluelessness was endearing.

 

They were sitting side by side, yet Luhan felt like there were still a lot of things Sehun wouldn't share with him and it pained him a little bit. He wanted to feel near to him not only physically but also mentally. But for now, he would have to bear with it.

 

He slowly put his head on the Sehun's shoulder and closed his eyes while the other kept staring at the skyline.

 

*

 

Sehun took his phone only to see he had received a text from Luhan.

 

'Come over.'

 

He was surprised that Luhan had sent him something like this. Luhan's texts were generally more lively. He texted him back, asking if something was wrong.

 

'Not really, just come.'

 

''Not really ?'' Sehun frowned as he read these words. He didn't know what it meant but he had a bad feeling. He answered with an 'Ok.' and grabbed a coat before leaving his house.

 

 

As he knocked at the door, Sehun felt anxious. Had something happened to Luhan or was he simply worrying for nothing ?

 

The door opened, letting him see the other who seemed perfectly fine as he greeted him with a smile.

 

''Come in.''

 

''Are you ok ?'' Sehun asked as Luhan closed the door.

 

''Yeah.'' he turned around to face him. ''Why ?''

 

''I don't know I thought... your texts seemed weird....''

 

Luhan looked at him questionningly before he eventually spoke back.

 

''Oh, don't worry, I was in a hurry so I just made it short.'' and Sehun wondered what had made him lack time. ''I'm fine. Anyways come with me now.''

 

And just like this Luhan grabbed his hand to pull him to the living room. Sehun knew it was nothing to the other but he still get a bit embarrassed and wished he would let go of him. Of course, another part of himself wanted him to never do so.

 

However, it happened as they entered the living room and Luhan quickly went away from him, next to their friends, who had been waiting to shout 'Surprise' when Sehun would arrive.

 

They had decorated the room and displayed a lot of varied food on a table.

 

''What's all that?' he asked, amazed.

 

''It's your birthday today, right ?'' Kyungsoo said with a smile.

 

''Yeah... But how did you know ?''

 

''We asked the class representative, he didn't even want to tell us at first but we managed to make him do.'' Baekhyun said proudly.

 

''Since you're new in our group we wanted to make a little party for you anyways so we thought today would be good.'' Kai added.

 

Luhan bit his lip. He knew Sehun didn't want to let himself become close to people so he was a bit afraid of his reaction. But they had spend time together and he hoped they had succedded in changing his mind. He truly wanted Sehun to know he now had people he could rely on.

 

''Well...'' Sehun started and Luhan held his breath one second, ''Thank you guys... Really.''

 

*

 

It was late already and Luhan mother's who had been an amazing host to all of them offered her son's friends to sleepover. They gladly accepted and they all ended piled up in Luhan's room. Of course, being the special guest of the day, Sehun was the one who could use the bed.

 

They talked about an half hour but as they were all tired they fell asleep one after the other. Except for Sehun. It felt weird to sleep in another bed especially because it was Luhan's one. However, he was tired too, and he soon enough was taken into the arms of Morpheus.

 

 

Luhan joined him in the middle of the night. Woken up, he had wanted to take a look at a sleeping Sehun. But the more he had looked at him, the more he had wanted to feel the other's warmth and ended slipping into his bed, thinking that it was his after all so the other couldn't really say anything when he wakes up.

 

Sehun did, disturbed by the sound of the other getting by his side so he slowly opened his eyes and Luhan froze.

 

''Luhan ?'' he asked.

 

''Sorry I was cold.'' Luhan lied and his heart skipped a beat when the other came closer, making him cuddle up in his arms before he his cheek with his thumb and let a soft kiss on his forehead. Luhan close his eyes at the touch while a shiver went through his body. Sehun's lips and hand left him and Sehun seemed to fall back asleep right after that as if he had only been half-awake. The other wanted to enjoy this moment as long as possible so he tried to fight his drowsiness but it eventually won.

 

*

 

Sehun woke up and wondered why he had Luhan by his side.

 

Being a heavy sleeper, if he woke up during the night, he never totally got out of his sleep so he would do things unconsciously, things he would never do when he is awake and couldn't even remember it.

 

He guessed the other had a reason to be there, he didn't really care anyway. A few months ago if he had been told that someday Luhan's face would be the first thing he would see in the day he wouldn't had believed it.

 

The other started to turn and toss as he was waking up too. He slowly opened his eyes, rubbing them, his mind getting blank as he saw Sehun, last night's memories coming back to him.

 

They stared at each other a few seconds. Sehun knew that as soon as they would get up, he probably wouldn't get another chance to be so close with Luhan. He didn't want this moment to end. But it would anyway.

 

''Hi.'' Luhan whispered, never broking the connection between their eyes.

 

''Hi.'' he whispered back.

 

''Wanna go out ?'' Luhan asked, and they did.

 

 

Before he had fallen asleep again last night, Luhan had time to think. About himself. About his feelings towards Sehun. He thougth about his father too and about how a life could end without any warning.

 

Although he had needed a long time to accept his father's death, it had learned him that he should enjoy every moment of his life and shouldn't be bothered by things like shame.

 

That's how he eventually decided to tell the other everything. He knew Sehun was only seeing him as a friend and he would probably think it's weird to love someone you used to hate but he prefered give it a try instead of staying silent and maybe regret it someday.

 

He took Sehun to their school and they went to the roof. He had chosen this place because this was where they had a real conversation for the first time.

 

''Why did you want to come here ? I don't know if you remember but it's sunday today.'' Sehun .

 

''Because it's where I wanted to give you your birthday present.''

 

''I don't really care about that you know. Saying 'happy birthday' would have been enough and you guys even made me a surprise party, what else could I ask ?'' Sehun said with a smile and Luhan was happy they did because the other really seemed to be moved.

 

''Still, I've got one and I really need to give it to you.''

 

''Alright, where is it ?'' Sehun asked as curiosity gained him when he noticed Luhan hadn't brought anything.

 

Luhan hesitated, bitting his lip but he remembered what he had told himself before. ''It's nothing to get embarrassed.'' he thought once again as he slowly put his right hand on his left chest, Sehun looking at him, puzzled. ''It's all yours.''

 

Sehun kept staring at him, a nervous laugh escaping from his mouth as he started to understand what the other was trying to tell him.

 

''Do you mean... ?'' he didn't end the sentence but it was obvious so Luhan nodded, signs of worry on his face as he was starting to wish he hadn't say anything. It was ok if Sehun denied him but what if he wanted to cease any contact with him because of that ?

 

''I know it comes from nowhere and I don't exactly understand everything neither but I just like having you around and-''

 

Luhan couldn't go on as Sehun linked their lips, just a few seconds, but that was enough to make all of his doubts disappear.

 

''You have mine too.'' he said.