ONE OF ONE

"There's like a 60/40 percent chance that it's ketchup"

The little bet Minhyuk’s been having with Kyung is starting to take its toll on him. It’s getting to the point that he’s scared to go outside. The curtains are pulled shut and his fingers are constantly tapping on any surface available. He can’t even think straight; it’s not going to be long before he breaks.

He jumps 3 feet from his chair when Kyung waltzes into the room, looking ever so suspiciously cheerful.

“Looks like I’m going to win, Minhyukie~” Kyung smiles in delight as Minhyuk glares at him. How is he so joyful? He practically skipped into the room; Minhyuk couldn’t barely move from his current position. And his throat is so dry that he feels like he can barely talk, whereas Kyung is singing like a child with a handful of sweets.

Kyung moves towards him, deciding to be considerate, and helps him up off the floor.

“You’re getting so weak. If you’re not careful I might accidently pull your arm off the next time I need to help you up” Kyung beams at him “You know… unless you decide to give up”. He wiggles his eyebrows and then flops down with his arms spread out on the bed next to him.

“There is no way I’m losing to you, of all people” Minhyuk snaps at him. He couldn’t process how completely fine Kyung was. This was the Kyung that could barely go a day without feeding. One time he’d gotten so hungry that he’d made Minhyuk stop in the middle of the motorway just to settle with drinking a scrawny deer’s blood. It was the first and last time Kyung had drunken animal blood.

“I don’t believe this” he scowled at the boy spread so leisurely on his bed. He had his arm placed across his eyes and his head back, exposing his neck and collar. But then he noticed something on his shirt that nearly made him shout.

“Hey Kyung” he called, the other moved his arm and cracked open his eyes.

“What? Can’t we just face the fact that I’ve w-“ Minhyuk cut him off.

“What is this?” he said to collar of Kyung’s very white shirt. It was rimmed with red, seeping into the fabric slightly. So obviously blood.

“Huh?” he leapt up and pulled his shirt forward. Minhyuk could see the panic that flashed across Kyung’s face before he tried to control it. “Oh come on, there’s like a 60/40 percent chance its ketchup. Don’t get ahead of yourself.”

“Ha! That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard pass your lips” He laughed loudly. He knew Kyung wouldn’t have outlasted him.

“Maybe I cut myself accidently, and didn’t even realise. Sounds like something I’d do” How stupid did he think Minhyuk was. He reached forward and pulled the shirt, along with Kyung, to his nose. That was definitely human blood, he shuddered at the smell it had been so long.

“I win.” He said, a grin stretching across his face. “Have fun trying to abduct humans in a banana suit for the next month” Minhyuk giggled at the bet they’d made. He’d thought the terms were stupid at first (and he had no idea why Kyung had a banana suit) but he couldn’t miss a chance to win against him.

“A month is a little harsh, don’t you think?” he pleaded.

“Nope. Definitely not” Minhyuk said “And you wouldn’t believe how incredibly hungry I am.”

Why did he make this stupid bet in the first place, Kyung thought as he perched in a tree trying to find a human that fit Minhyuk’s overly detailed specification. He knew that Minhyuk always won. Maybe he just wanted to joy of finally seeing Minhyuk in that banana suit he’d been holding.