Chapter 1

My Beautiful Mistake - On Hold

I can't believe Mom moved us all the way from Busan to Seoul because of some scholarship to a prestige performing arts school that I didn't even want to go to. I sighed as I ran a hand down my face.

"Eunji! Come down and unpack your boxes this instant young lady!" Screamed my overly excited mother. Taking one last look around my supposedly new room, it's more like a box actually, I pressed my mouth into a fine line for a moment before walking out my room. The thing about my Mother, if you don't do the things she asks immediately, she will repeat it over and over again to the point that would make you want to pull your hair out, which is why 3 hours later I'm back in my room, sitting on the floor surrounded by what looks like the remains of a bombing. 

My bad, let me introduce myself. My name is Eunji, Jeong Eunji. Born and raised in Busan, up until now anyway . I'm 17 years old and I'll be starting high school in a few days in a new place, new school with no friends, yay. Let me explain about my situation, I was happy and enjoying life in Busan when a shocking letter addressed to me arrived at our house. My mother at first faked not knowing what it was about but after she saw that I showed no interest in opening the letter I was coaxed into revealing the contents of it minutes later. To my surprise it was an acceptance letter to a performing arts school in Seoul that I don't even remember applying to which is why ladies and gentlemen I am sitting in my new box of a room shedding sweat maybe a little bit of tears trying to get my life together, maybe not my life but my messed up room, same thing. 

After a few more hours dragged my room finally started to look acceptable so I took a well needed break, face planting onto my bed. "Noona, Mom said to come down for dinner" said my brother Minki, leaning over my deflated body. "Tell her I'm not hungry but a one way ticket to Busan would be much appreciated", I said lifting my head up to get the words out of my mouth. Oh who am I kidding when have I ever turned down food, I thought, rolling my eyes.

After eating dinner I was suddenly very exhausted from the many things that were literally thrown at me today so I went straight to bed after brushing my teeth and changing into more comfortable clothes. All I remember was drifting to sleep after being satisfied with the scenarios I made up in my head about my biases which are probably never going to happen. Hopefully tomorrow will be much better than today, fingers crossed.