Happy birthday Sehunnah !!!

Pinku Pinku

 

 

“Stop sobbing. I'm so sorry about your parents. Now please drink your milk and go to the bed”

 

The solid tone of his babysitter, Mrs. Fairy (Hell that was a wrong name for her) was echoing around the air of the living room. The kid was still sitting on the couch, pressing his puffy cheek to the cold cobalt glass of the French window. Evening sun rise were spread over the flower beds of beautiful garden, making golden and orange touches on edge of leaves and petals.   

 

“Sehun drink the milk now”

 

He turned his head to the babysitter. Her plump face was covered with red shades and her blonde appearance was covered most of his view. Sehun shrugged and swung his legs back and forth, kicking on the couch legs. Mrs. Fairy sighed and dragged kid’s arm roughly, shouting to him with her ballistic voice again.

 

“Your brother will come back some time. I don’t want to make you to disturb him. Mrs. Lilly said that he has lot of studies today. Will you drink this ……….”

 

Sehun dragged his milk from the glass table. Curling his little fingers around the mug Sehun drank the milk to its last drop and threw it to the opposite corner of the living room. Fortunately the mug landed into the soft felt cover on the floor. So it stood upright without a crack.

 

“SEHUN!!!”

 

Ignoring his babysitter’s angry voice, Sehun put his feet down from the sofa and waddled to his baby room quietly. He squeezed his little eyes, rubbing his button nose with his small palms. He wanted to cry, but he was afraid to cry. He was afraid to cry because of his brother. He promised to his parents to never do disturb to his brother.
Sehun didn’t want to make a single disturbance to his elder brother’s studies.  But he wanted to cry.

 

Sehun climbed to his bed under the pianted blue color starry ceiling. Sehun cuddled to his own knees on his chest and hung his head down, pressing his back against the headboard of the kids’ bed. Tiny drops of tears rolled down on his cheeks and it made the younger to cry. To avoid his child sobs leak out from his room, Sehun pressed a pillow to his face, sinking into the soft layers of the quilted pillow.  

 

His elder brother ~ Luhan, was a 25 old university lecturer, who studying for his PhD in these days.  But no one knew that this handsome boy with cheerful doe eyes and honey brown bangs was a lecturer. He wasn’t more than a college student from his appearance. In ever new semester first year student of his class standing up from their seats with dropped jaws, seeing the cute handsome fellow - their lecturer of Mathematics.
The elder was a responsible character of the family. Sehun knew how his brother so important to the family is. Sehun loved Luhan - his lovely elder brother.

 

Last three days he wasn’t in the home, because of his research work Luhan happened to went to the “National Science Foundation” to participate for a Symposium. Today Luhan was coming back to home.  
 
Mrs. Fairy took a deep inhale, seeing Luhan’s car pulling in the courtyard. She quickly grabbed her handbag and walked to the front door to leave the house immediately. She didn’t like to babysit for Sehun, but she liked to the payment that Mrs. Lilly gave her at the end of every month. She opened the door, plastering a smile across her lips.

 

“Good evening Luhan”

 

“Good evening, Mrs. Fairy. Sehun …..”

 

“Oh! He is sleeping through the night now. I’m leaving”

 

Luhan greeted the lady with a fine smile and followed her to the gate.  Luhan locked up the gate and leisurely walked to the house. He had a lot of works to do. The presentation for the new lecture session wasn’t complete yet. Three assignments were waiting on his writing desk with tomorrow as the dead line. Half of his project report was under construction in his PC and his annoying girlfriend (?) (God knows why the hell Luhan started to dating with her) was always sending text to him in every half an hour asking to go to see some kind of stupid movie ~ Luhan couldn’t remember the name of that movie either and he didn’t want to see how his girlfriend is drooling on his shoulder by gluing her eyes into some other freaking fellow on the screen.
 

Luhan stretched his arms back and moved into the house, locking the front door. Ignoring his girlfriend’s idea Luhan fixed his mind to continue with his academics works. He didn’t want to keep his name in low ranks of the class. Turning the next page of his text book about the vector diagrams, Luhan ran his eyes on the printed letters.
 

He heard sobs.
 

Sobs which were streaming out from his younger brother’s baby room. It was his younger brother - Oh Sehun.
Luhan creased his eyebrows, hearing the sobbing voice. No wonder it was Sehun. But Mrs. Fairy said he slept already. Luhan closed the text book, stood from the chair and walked to Sehun’s room quietly.

 

Luhan had no idea when he saw his mother with almost six months bump on her tummy, when he arrived to home for the Christmas vacation of his high-school. As the one and only child of the family Luhan was stayed happy earning all’s attention to him in 16 years. But everything was ended up when his little brother was born 8 days before his 17th birthday. From the first time of Luhan’s life time every one forgot teen’s birthday because of new comer.
It was something hard experience to a teen. No doubt he was mocked by students in his class at the school. But Luhan was a different character. He didn't really hate his brother. His parents hoped face to a hard period with a frustrating sulking teen and screaming new born, but the home wad the sweet home.

 

Elder accepted the younger. Luhan loved to be an elder brother. He wanted to stand with responsibilities. His mom took a little break from the tight work lot of her house hold things and baby’s works because of him, Luhan. In his leisure times, the elder was looking after the younger. No wonder years later, he was walking to the kindergarten holding his brother’s little arm on his slender fingers, answering each and every stupid childish questions that generated from (Luhan had no idea how Sehun found those questions, with no boundary) toddler’s lips.
Sehun was a special for Luhan. Sehun was a special kid. But for Luhan, Sehun was his lovely younger brother. He loved Sehun.

 

 

Luhan slowly opened the door and peeped to the room. He saw a lump on the bed with shaking shoulders. The purple blanket with flying unicorns was wrapped around the toddler’s small built and Luhan saw two little feet with Peter-pan socks under the blanket. Luhan sat on the bed and leaned to the toddler, placing his palm gently on Sehun’s back.

 

“Sehunnah, are you crying bro?”

 

The blanket edge was rolling down and brown color messy hair displayed over it. Then two little teary eyes were peeking out from the blanket with pinkish button nose and rosy curved lips. Luhan slowly removed the blanket from the toddler’s body and pulled him towards his way. Sehun slipped his knees over the sheets and sat on Luhan’s lap.

 

“What happened? Did you hurt by something?”

 

Sehun nodded saying yes. His eyes again filled with new tears and lips turned to curve soon. Luhan wrapped his arms around his small built and cuddled Sehun to his chest, whispering to his earlobes.

 

“Tell me, what happened?”

 

“Baba ……”

 

“Yes, what baba did hmmm?”

 

“Umma”

 

“Sehunnah don’t cry”

 

“Today is ………Sehun has nothing and umma and baba went out, not talking to Sehun… Is Sehun bad?…”

 

A smile painted on Luhan’s lips, but it turned to a thin line knowing how important today for Sehun is. Yesterday their parents happened to visited to see a hospitalized relation in a far city and they missed to celebrate younger’s birthday. Sehun was waiting in every second of the day to see his parents with presents; he believed his parents will come soon with lots of presents and sweets. But because of the weather condition they couldn’t come back to the city as they thought before.
Sehun didn’t have anything special in this birthday. He happened to stay with empty hopes.
He didn’t have cake for his friends in the upper kindergarten class. His clever class teacher Mr. Yixing ordered a cake from nearby café and arranged it with candles so Sehun could have a happy time in the kindergarten.

Luhan mentally snapped to himself to forgetting to do something for his brother’s birthday. He knew how it huts an eight years old kid.

 

“I have to do something”

 

A whimper came out from toddler’s lips while his fingers tangled on Luhan’s t-shirt collar. Luhan sighed and put his feet down from the bed and walked to the downstairs, holding Sehun in his arms. Sehun moved his face up and looked at his elder brother with thousand questions in his little eyes. Luhan kissed younger’s puffy cheek, blew air to his brownish bangs making giggles.

 

“Let’s see what we can do okay?”
 

 

Sehun nodded. Luhan hoisted Sehun into the kitchen counter. He opened the refrigerator and looked counters of it to grab something for Sehun. Luhan took a snicker form the counter and gave it to Sehun.

 

“Wait here. Hyung will right back”

 

Luhan ran to his room.  He quickly changed his outfits for usual evening walk and put his wallet into his pocket. Then Luhan walked back to the kitchen. Sehun was reaching to the last juicy nut and caramel layer of the chocolate. His mouth, t-shirt and fingers covered with thick chocolate and he flashed a grin to his elder brother. Luhan knitted his eyebrows seeing the messy face of his younger brother.
Luhan took the kid to his arm and walked to the bathroom. He the tap to fill the bath with slightly warm water and checked the temperature. Then he added some apple fragrant bath wash to the water to make bubbles. Sehun loved bubbles.

 

“Come on Sehun, you have to wash yourself now”

 

“Hyung are we going out?”

 

“Yes, we are”

 

“Yippee”

 

Sehun squealed and jumped to the bath making the splash of water all over the floor. Luhan was totally soaked by the apple fragranced bath water, making his honey brown bangs stick on his wetted forehead. Sehun didn’t notice how his brother faced to a Tsunami, happily enjoying himself playing with bubbles.
 

Luhan poured water to kid’s torso, forgetting what the kid was done to him. Luhan scrubbed the soap on Sehun’s body and cleaned him. Then he stepped to his baby room, holding his little brother on his arms, wrapped with a dry wool towel.

 

“So what would you like to wear?”

 

Opening the door of Sehun’s cupboard Luhan turned to Sehun. Sehun jumped from the bed and ran to the cupboard. He ran his little hands over his clothes and tried to choose something. Luhan happened to stayed more than twenty minutes till Sehun had chose something.

 

“Holy, this guy takes too much time as he has a date”
       

 

Muttering to himself Luhan helped Sehun to put on the clothes. Luhan nicely combed Sehun’s brownish hair curling them to left and put pororo cap on his head. Then two of them went out. Luhan assisted the kid to sit on the co-driver’s seat and fastened the seat belt across his little waist. Sehun wanted listening to his favorite girl bands’ song. So from very first second that ride was start, Sehun started to operate the stereo of the car, muttering something. Luhan let the kid to do anything, forgetting how expensive the audio system of the vehicle is. Sehun’s baby voice was ranging inside the car and Luhan also joined to complete some lines when Sehun missed them to sing.
He turned the wheels to the ice cream stale. Sehun looked forward with extreme happily eyes, clapping and cheering. Luhan opened the door in Sehun’s side and moved kid’s feet down.

 

“Do you like to have some ice cream Sehunnah?”

 

Even he knew the answer yes- it’s strawberries plus with lot of things, Luhan looked at the kid ending his question. Sehun was hopping on the whitish yellow marbled floor, keeping a bright smile on his lips. They walked to the corner stools of the ice cream stale and waited to their order. A young lady with a friendly smile came to them for take the order.

 

“What for this cutie?”

 

“I want a strawberry ice cream with a mint top-in and chocolate chips”

 

“Then for you, handsome?”

 

“A.. chocolate with crispy nuts please”

 

Sehun was talking a lot of things about his friends and their good looking, young teacher Mr. Yixing  to Luhan. Luhan thought how fast the words ran out form eight years old his brother's lips. Sehun liked to eat more ice cream but Luhan wanted to move him from the stale to by some toys and have their dinner.

 

“Sehunnah let’s go and by some toys okay”

 

“Okay hyung ..Sehun loves toys. Sehun wants to buy a big plush bunny. Can I? Can I? Please please please”

 

“Yes you can buy a big plush bunny”

 

“A pink one?”

 

“Hmm. Any of color that you like. ”

 

“I call him Pinku Pinku

 

“You have a name to Mr. Bunny?”

 

“Yeah. Hyung don’t you buy a toy to you?”

 

“Hyung is a big boy now Sehunnah”

 

Luhan smiled and ruffled younger’s hair. Sehun was so exciting about this unexpected birthday tour. He was completely forgetting how his parents left him without saying a word about his birthday. He forgot that his parents forgot to wish him. He had his good elder brother and they were enjoying a fantastic birthday tour.
 

Luhan tightly gripped his fingers on Sehun’s hand, because he didn’t want to lose his brother in the sea of people in the street. Soon the younger and the toddler were walking to a kiddy’s land - the place that Sehun liked most.  Luhan and Sehun were standing on the crossing line for the green light opposite to Kiddy’s land.
   

 

“Luhan??”

 

Luhan turned his head over his shoulder to see the owner of the voice that rose behind him addressing his name. His girlfriend was standing behind him with a bunch of other girls, probably her friends. Luhan felt a tug on his pants that because of frightened Sehun. Always Sehun scared to see his elder brother’s girlfriend. Luhan gently pulled the kid from his back to his side, holding his little finger by his owns.
Two eyes with gold and ivory shades ran over the handsome male passing his speechless face to the little fearful eyes behind his tall figure. Her lips tightly lined under her blushed (? should be burning) cheeks. She turned to Luhan with stiffed tone.

 

“So you don’t have a time to come with me for the movie. But you have time to walk around in the streets with this ……………..”

 

“Yoona, please not now”

 

“What’s not now Luhan?”

 

“Sehun is just a kid. Please don’t argue front of him. Sehun this is Yoona. You can remember her”

 

A tiny movement of Sehun’s head was pressing on Luhan’s palms Luhan flashed a smile to his little brother and turned to his girlfriend, keeping a red alert in his eyes.

 

“Say hello to her, Sehunnah”

 

Sehun moved his eyes up and slowly whispered “hello” with a gulp at the end. Yoona shrugged ignoring Sehun and shoot a dreadful glare to Luhan. Sehun turned his head down, tightly tugging Luhan’s trouser again.

 

“You are disgusting Luhan. Why you worry about this ab……………”

 

"YOONA!!!"

 

One minute of time just passed without happening anything. Luhan glared at his girlfriend, while his veins filled with boilling blood. He stopped himself blowing in public.
 

 

“He is my brother and today it is very important to us. So I have time to walk with him rather than you. Ah! Here we have green ..Let’s go Sehunnah”

 

Luhan turned his heels and crossed the road with Sehun, thanking to the traffic controlling unit to switch on the green at right time, stopping another world war. Luhan moved his eyes to Sehun.
 

Luhan cursed to his harebrained egoistic girlfriend under his breath. How she dared to hurting Sehun like that?  


The kid was walking next to him, hanging his head down. From the white fluoresced lights Luhan noticed shimmers on Sehun’s cheeks. Luhan stopped his feet and moved to front of the kid. He sat on his feet and placed his fingers under Sehun’s chin, moving his face up.
Sehun was crying. Luhan sighed and slowly wiped tears from his fingers. Sehun heaved and talked to Luhan with broken voice.

 

 “S… Noona doesn’t like Sehun. Noona doesn’t love Sehun. Is Sehun bad?”

 

Luhan hugged the kid and gently rubbed his back. Sehun rested his chin on Luhan’s shoulder and cried with little sobs. Sehun’s words ran to Luhan’s earlobes, making sadness around his heart. Luhan sighed and kissed kid’s temple.

 

“Sehun knows what Sehun is… and Sehun knows …..”

 

“Shhh Sehunah, it’s okay. It’s okay hey”

 

Luhan lifted up Sehun, keeping his on his arms and walked to the shop. He didn’t want to proceed the dialog anymore and he didn’t want to see how Sehun was hurting himself because of his girlfriend’s rude words.

 

Abnormal

 

That was the word Luhan hated most. He hated to see how people keep their goo-goo eyes on his little brother. He hated to see how people serve his brother as a . He hated to see how they hurt his little brother - Sehun because of his fate.

 

“Here we are. Now what can we do?”

 

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW”

 

Squealing with lots of claps Sehun roamed his eyes over the space of the shop that occupied with beautiful eye catching toys. Sehun wanted to put his feet down from his brother’s arms and run over the toy land. Luhan put Sehun’s feet down and let the kid to enjoy himself floating in the land of toys. He always stayed near to Sehun, keeping his eyes on him.
Sehun was running from shelf to shelf to select a toy, dragging his brother behind. Finally he stood near a plush rosy bunny with brown button eyes and long ears. He pressed his small fingers on bunny’s hands, saying hello to him.

 

“Is this your Pinku-pinku?”

 

Bending on his knees Luhan whispered to Sehun. Sehun nodded without moving his eyes from the bunny. Luhan checked its price and took the bunny from the stand. Sehun cuddled his Pinku-pinku and walked to the cashier with Luhan. Luhan paid the bill and walked out. Sehun was very happy to having his favorite bunny.

 

“Sehunnah let’s go to a restaurant and ………..”

 

“Hyung!!”

 

“Yes”

 

“Pizza”

 

Luhan looked at the kid. Sehun was pouting to his brother, holding the bunny on his hands. His little eyes were pleading to have a yummy junk food right now.  Luhan laughed and took toddler’s hand. He cut the idea of having a real Chinese meal for the dinner, while they heading to the pizza hut. Luhan walked to the counter.
 

Sehun wanted to chose the pizza that they going to have. Luhan lifted him up and sat him on the counter. Smiling to the little lovely kid, the young man in the counter gave him the menu. Sehun read word by word turning the menu from fist page to last and last to first.  He took good ten minutes to make the order.

 

“Hyung this this and this”

 

Pointing his fingers on the colorful pages of the menu, Sehun flashed a smile to Luhan. Luhan read what Sehun selected and gave the order. He tried suppress his laugh and talked.

 

“One cheesy-onion pan pizza with two portions of spicy meat balls and two apple cakes please”

 

“For the beverages sir?”

 

“A chocolate milk shake and ..a  ..cola, please”

 

“Cola is not good hyung. Mr. Yixing said it’s too bad for kids”

 

“Am I a kid, Sehunnah?”

 

Pinching his cheek, Luhan asked. Then he took the kid down from the counter and walked to an empty table. Sehun was enjoying the pizza. He loved to spend his time with Luhan, because Luhan was one of a person among very few, who doesn’t hurt Sehun even from a word. Listening to Sehun’s trails of stories Luhan, looked his watch. It was around 8.00 pm and that was the time Sehun should sleep under his blankets.

 

“We have to go home Sehunnah”

 

“Hyung, Sehun loves to see fireworks. Can we?”

 

“Fireworks?”

 

“Yeah, last time baba showed fireworks to Sehun and Sehun was so happy then”

 

Scratching his head Luhan tired to find a solution for kid’s request. Fireworks weren’t taken place in these days and Luhan knew still Sehun couldn’t go with dates and months of the year. So it should be something related to the new-year festival or any other occasion, not his birthday. Walking out from the pizza hut with Sehun, Luhan though about a good solution.


Bingo-Yes

 

Luhan drove the vehicle to supermarket and asked Sehun to stay on the car, till he come back. Hiding a yellow color cardboard box behind his back Luhan walked to the car. Sehun peeped to see what his brother was hiding.

 

“What is that Hyung?”

 

“You can see”

 

Soon the car was moving on the freeway. Sehun asked Luhan to stop the air condition. Luhan stopped it, wondering what his younger brother wants. Sehun slowly opened the shutter and put his fingers out, singing the song on radio loudly. Luhan smiled to his childish works and drove the car to the place he wants to go.


Engines stopped and Luhan put his feet out. Sehun looked around to recognize the place, but he couldn't . The car was stopped on the green grass near the lake. Luhan opened the door and took the kid out from the car. They sat on the bonnet.

 

“You want to see fireworks?”

 

His elder brother’s lovely smile was flashed to his eyes again with a favorite question in his lip. Sehun bobbed his head and looked at the elder. Luhan took the yellow box and removed it seal. Sehun squealed seeing sparkles on Luhan’s hand. They lighted up sparkles and laughed together under red-green-yellow lights.   


Sehun hugged his elder brother tightly wrapping his arms around his broad shoulders, saying “I love you Hyung. You are the best and ever best hyung all over the world”. Luhan hugged the kid and kissed his cheeks saying “I love you too, my sweet little bro”

Brothers thsy loved each from bottom of thier warm hearts.
    

 

After finishing a big day journey, Luhan and Sehun came back to the home. Sehun was about to sleep and Luhan was feeling little tired. But he had a pile of work to do for his university tomorrow.


Luhan helped Sehun to change his cloths and he washed the kid. Then Luhan assisted him to take his baby blue pajama suit. Luhan wanted a shower too. Luhan walked to his room after moving Sehun to his baby bed.

Luhan heard his mobile was ringing on the desk. He took it and checked to text that sending by his friend Kai.

 

“We have to submit the report on tomorrow. That ing demonstrator decided to make it before 14th.


 
Luhan sighed and turned his text books. Now he had a new a big problem. Forgetting all things Luhan wanted to complete the report. He switched on the PC and opened his project document. Luhan ran his fingers on the keyboard restlessly. Suddenly he jumped out from his chair, reminding something important.

 

“God!  His medicine.”     


 
Luhan quickly walked to Sehun’s room to give his medicine. But the room was empty and Sehun wasn’t on the bed. His Pinku0pinku was also not in there. Luhan looked around, keeping his arms on his hip.

 

“Sehun where are you?”

 

No answer for his question.

The university lecturer walked down the stairs to find his younger brother. He couldn’t find this little boy from any inch inside the house even he looked around every mili-meter of the house. He moved to the kitchen and cast his eyes to find his brother from there, but there wasn’t any sign of that eight years old brat.

 

“Where the hell this brat has gone? God, I have an exam today and I can’t walk around here and there to find you.. Sehun where are you?”

 

Again no answer was for his question. Luhan sighed and walked back to Sehun’s room again. He slowly opened the closet, hoping to see his younger brother’s Peter-pan socks behind the cupboard. But the room was sinking into ugly silence. Luhan knelt down and looked under the bed, thinking that Sehun will play around by hiding himself, but he wasn’t there also.
Luhan thought to find his little brother soon, because he can’t waste his time. Also Luhan worried to see Sehun with something hurt.  
His eyes caught by a light blue strip on the back door. It was opened and Luhan stormily ran to the door. He pulled  the door and jumped out, shouting “SEHUN”.

 

“Hyung Shhhh”

 

Shushing Luhan by keeping his little fingers across his lips, Sehun was standing on the terra-cotta foot path to the back yard with his bare feet. He was with his pajama only, so Luhan saw how the cold breeze was covering the kid. Luhan ran to Sehun removing his t-shirt. He quickly covered Sehun’s head with his t-shirt.

 

“What are you doing here? Look you can catch cold Sehunnah”

 

Sehun chinned up, pressing his little body on Luhan’s legs. He pointed his Pinku-pinku on the ground. Sehun slowly dragged Luhan’s wrist and tried to move to his brother's ears tiptoeing. Luhan bent himself on his knees and looked at the kid. Curling his palm, Sehun whispered to Luhan.
 

“Pinku-piknu asked to see stars. So Sehun came to show him stars”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah. Sehun saw hyung is working with computer. So Sehun walked with Pinku-pinku”

 

“Okay, Sehunnah Hyung likes to see stars too”

 

“Really??”

 

Sehun looked at his elder brother’s face. He saw his brother’s eyes that sparkling like stars. Luhan motioned Sehun to the edge of the footpath and sat on the terra-cotta, keeping Sehun on his lap. Sehun rested his little arms on Luhan’s shoulders and placed his head on his chest.

 

“Hyung is so warm”

 

Giggling to Luhan, Sehun curled his little fingers on Luhan’s necklace. Luhan wrapped his arms on little one’s torso and kept him comfortable on his lap. Two bothers watched the stars with Pinku-pinku next to them. Sehun started to sing “twinkle twinkle little star” while Luhan hummed the rhythm.  Luhan kissed Sehun’s head, inhaling sweet fragrant of his baby shampoo.

Later Luhan heard Sehun’s baby snores.


Gently kissing his forehead Luhan whispered “Happy birthday Sehunnah”
 

 

a/n:

hello for the HunHan month ^^