I'm in Hell.

Love In A Hopeless Place


    "Goodbye Jia," my mom says, handing me my bag, "hopefully your stay here will fix your rebelish ways."
    "Yeah, yeah," I say, ripping my bag from her hands. 
    My mom signs my name on a piece of paper, the last box to be exact, and with a kiss on my cheek, she's out, and I'm on my own. But, I'm not. Ahead of me is a room filled with other rebelous teens. They've even formed cliques in this short amount of time. I walk in awkwardly, not really sure where I fit in.
    I look to my right, and see a bunch of quiet kids, all with different colored hair. I guess I kind of fit in there, since I am quiet and my hair is a sort of orange. I don't even know what I was aiming for with my hair, I just went with it. Looking to my left, I see a group of kids where I'm not sure if they're boys or girls, and I'm not feeling the risk of asking. Finally, all the way in the back, there's one seat left, and I guess it's my only choice.
    I push my way through the crowd, hearing a lot of "Oh my God's" and "Why the hell am I here?" Finally, I make it to the seat, and sit down.
    "Hey," a voice whispers in my ear, causing me to jump.
    "Holy ," I say loudly, turning to see who whispered.
    It was a pretty girl, short hair, skinny body. Pretty much perfect in everyones standards. I don't get how she's here in ing boot camp. 
    "Um.. hey?" I say, really confused
    "Oh sorry, I'm Lee Minyoung! But you can call me Min! I saw you walk in, and you looked pretty lost so I thought I would talk to you. It was the same for me like forty five minutes ago," She says.
    "Oh.. Well I'm, uh, Meng Jia. Call me Jia I guess. Thats what everyone calls me," Yeah I can't really talk to people.
    "So, first time at SilverStone?" She asks.
    "SilverStone?" I say.
    "Uh, yeah SilverStone. SilverStone Boot Camp? The place parents send their juvenile kids so they get better?"
    "Oh, um, yeah first time." Hopefully the last. I've been here for like thirty two point five seconds and I already hate it.
    "Ugh, well," she begins, sitting back in her seat, "this is my second straight year. Parents sent me back after they realized the first time wasn't good enough. Tried telling them if round one didn't work, round two won't, but parents always believe the commercials."
    "Wow, two years, that ," I say, not really sure what else I could say.
    "Yup, but the good thing is theres some new staff members, hopefully some cute guys," Min says, fixing her hair.
    I nod and move away a little. Oh geez, what have my parents gotten me into. I didn't really do anything too bad. Sure, I failed four classes, and that's a no no in my family, but hey, it's not like I had with my boyfriend while my parents were home. , I never even had a boyfriend. I just failed math, gym, history, and chemistry. At least I passed my other classes with straight C's, and and a solid B in language arts. Hell yeah.
    My thoughts are cut short when a chunky lady in a military ish suit walks out of the office, and instantly, all the kids are quiet.
    ", it's Mrs. Lee," Min whispers, sitting up straight, "I wanted her to get fired."
    "Mrs. Le-"
    "I WANT EVERYONE'S ATTENTION!" Mrs. Lee yells, causing everyone to look up, "Hello children," she plasters on a giant fake smile, and claps her hands together, "it truly saddens me that I remember some of your faces. You really couldn't mature up? YOU ARE THE FUTURE OF THIS WORLD!" She yells and hits a ruler on a table, causing a younger boy to run away in fear, moving to the back of the crowd.
    "Oh yes," Mrs. Lee continues, "you better fear me, because this year, I have no tolerance for you hoolagans."
    "Pft, shut up old ," one boy says from the crowd.
    The whole room goes silent, and Mrs. Lee turns red. "Who said that.." she asks the crowd.
    A brave soul stands up, and before I know it, Mrs. Lee has him by the ear, while she drags him to where she was standing. She starts slapping his face, and forces him to get on the ground and do pushups.
    "YOU WILL RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!" She yells. "YOU WILL STAY IN THE OUTCAST DORM."
    Min flinches. "Poor kid, the outcast dorm is hell," she tells me.
    The room is dead silent, the only sound now is the once bad kid crying, yes, crying. More like sobbing. SilverStone Boot Camp is hell and Mrs. Lee is Satan.
    "Now," Mrs. Lee says, pretending nothing happened, "I will take role call, and continue with the introduction," She grabs the clipboard my mom signed my name on in the beginning, and begins calling out names, while kids answer by saying 'Here.'
    My name was the last on the list since I was the last to arrive, so I know I have a few seconds to just chill and think about what the just happened.
    "Meng Jai?"
    "Here," I call out from the back of the room, getting glances.
    "Well alright," Mrs. Lee begins again, "there are thirty of you, very lovely, children staying with us this summer. Fifteen males, fifteen females. This is a co-ed program however, boys and girls must be seperated at all times unless at a gathering, which we will for the most part have everyday. You are here to learn discipline, and we have many activites here that will help you learn, okay? Now, time to assign cabins, how lovely."
    Everyone gets called up in pairs of three, and I get paired up with Min, the only decent one here, and some girl named Suji. She looks like a total , but hey, I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to waste a summer. Woo hoo.
    "Um, where do you think you're going with that bag?" A staff member asks, as I head out to our cabin.
    "It's my bag? Is there something wrong?" I ask.
    "It hasn't gotten the sticker of apporval. What are you hiding?"
    "Hiding? What the fu-" I'm interupted.
    "Ugh, Jai, these ing staff members always check our bags like everyday," Min says, emptying her stuff onto a table.
    "Trust me, I don't have anything," I tell the staff member.
    "We have to check, it's mandatory," The staff member reaches for my bag, and I pull away.
    "I have rights you know," I yell, causing a scene.
    I feel a sharp pain on my back, and turn to see Mrs. Lee standing behind me, ruler in air.
    "Young lady you give him that bag, or you have to stay in the outcast cabin," she threatens.
    "Jai, Jai, it's not worth it, give him the bag," Min says.
    I give both Mrs. Lee and the staff member a death glare before handing over my bag. you all. I think to myself.
    I'm in hell.