Chapter 3

Maybe in Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyle's POV

All of a sudden Jessica starts to scream hysterically. Turning towards Jessica, I see her eyes focusing on Lily. Slowly following her gaze, I see red blood surrounding Lily's body. She must have hit something while drowning I thought. I was about to attempt first aid again, but stopped when someone ran up, and said, “What’s wrong?! My name is Bernard. I’m a doctor.” The doctor bent down to observe Lily, and I swear I saw alert all over Bernard’s face. He screamed something out in a different language. Korean? I thought. In an instant a whole team of white coats came out with a bunch of bags, and medical supplies. The shady doctor, and his team started working immediately. Somehow there was already a tent put up, and lights inside. How the heck did they do all of that so fast?

Dr. Bernard’s POV

Kyle, and his friends paced back and forth until about 7 o’clock.  I came out, and announced, “She’s in stable condition now, but she lost a lot of blood.” Everyone sighed in relief, the people watching were clapping, and whistling with smiles on their faces. I turned to them, and said with a stern face, “Who was the one that gave her first aid? Who is her guardian?”

Jessica said,”She doesn’t have a guardian, she tried to commit suicide by drowning herself. Kyle here was the one who initiated the CPR, and will be her guardian for now.”

“Ok. Kyle can I have a word with you?” I asked.

“Why not?” said Kyle.

I smirked, “Let’s walk.” I observed Kyle. He was pretty tall though he was shorter than me by 1 inch. Who wouldn’t be? I was 5’9 feet tall, and Korean with the face of a god. I could be in a k-pop boyband with my looks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter