Chapter 01

Blinded

 Make sure you read the foreward~

        


       

                 Jimin was out of his mind. He was not thinking straight. All he wanted was to live. To live a little more. He felt death coming his way and thanks to his hormones he could run faster than usual.  He ran and ran, never looking back. He ran down the road. His neighborhood was totally silent and he didn’t know what to do other than running. His process of thinking was shut down. To put it straight, he was unconscious though his eyes were wide open.

                 Suddenly, a light came towards his way and he turned to the side to look at it. It was too close. He froze on spot as he couldn’t process what to do. The motor bike that came really fast his way was carrying Jimin’s death. It was a matter of seconds. But the motor bike suddenly turned away from Jimin into the pavement and was about to hit a lamp post, but luckily the rider could stop the bike before it did so. Jimin was still shocked, seeing what just happened. He kept staring straight like a zombie until he heard a voice.

“Sir, are you okay?” the voice asked. “I’m sorry, I didn’t see you.” Still Jimin couldn’t speak. So many things happened on the same day. He was tired and exhausted. He could only look at the face, that looked apologetically at him, before falling down unconscious, this time for real. The last thing he saw was the words ‘pizza hut’.

 

“Hyung, where are you? Why did you leave me? Hyung, why? You coward, Jimin!”

 

             Jimin heard Jungkook cursing him. He looked around, but no. No one was there. “Jungkook!” He shouted. “Hyung didn’t want to leave you, but hyung was scared, Jungkook!” He felt dizzy, looking around all over again to find his brother and hug him and never let go again. But he couldn’t see his brother. ‘Jungkook forgive hyung’ he uttered again and again.

“Sir” Jimin heard a deep voice. The same voice from before. “Are you awake?”

              Jimin slowly opened his eyes and as he could see his surroundings, the first thing he saw was a boy dressed in black, which made Jimin startle.

“Sir, are you okay?” the boy asked. “Do you need water?”

“W- Who are you?” Jimin trembled as sweat ran down his forehead. He kept looking at the stranger, tracking down his every movement, just in case he tries to kill him. But for his surprise, a big grin was placed on the boys face.

“I’m Kim Taehyung. You can call me V. The staff calls me that.” He held out his hand at Jimin to be shaken. But all Jimin did was staring. The boy was talking so fast that Jimin couldn’t get anything he said.

“You’re…who?” Jimin asked, dumbly.

The boy took his hand back, embarrassed. “V. Call me V” But then again he grinned, showing his whole teeth.

‘Weird’ Jimin told himself. “And where am I?” Jimin asked looking around, still concentrated on the stranger.

“You’re in my apartment.” The boy said as he looked at Jimin.

“And what am I doing here?” Jimin hesitated. “Did you kidnap me or something?” Jimin furrowed his brows at the stranger and tried to look as dangerous as he can. But the boy’s response more confused than ever.

              Hearing Jimin’s word, Taehyung was amused that he couldn’t keep his laugh inside and burst out into a crazy laugh that he fell down from the chair he was sitting on and hit his right arm on the ground as he groaned in pain. “Eomma, it hurts.” Sitting down on the floor, still he couldn’t stop laughing. Not until his eyes met Jimin’s and noticed Jimin’s death glare, which made him stop laughing right away and look down and mutter, “Sorry, I just couldn’t control myself.” There was an awkward silence between the two, before Taehyung stood up saying,

“I’ll bring something for you to eat.” He said as he left for the door, but turned around again. “I didn’t kidnap you, by the way. You nearly got hit by my motorcycle and fell down unconscious. I brought you here, because there isn’t a hospital close by and I’m new here.” With that he left the room.

Jimin could only tilt his head at the stranger’s words. “What did he say again?” he muttered. “Why does he have to talk so fast?” Jimin laid back down on the bed and started to wonder what happened last night. Not long had gone, when Jimin could finally remember.

“Eomma, Appa” He shouted before getting out of the bed and running outside the apartment and into the streets. But he couldn’t find the way back home. He didn’t know these roads. He was completely lost. He only wanted to go back home and find out if it was real or if it was only a nightmare.

But running in not- so- familiar road didn’t help him at all. His eyes were welled up in tears. His legs felt numb as he remembered the look on Jungkooks face, when he left him behind and the feeling of his parents being dead made his legs loose it’s strength.

His knees landing on the concrete ground, he started to weep, despite the looks that the people were giving him. They may have thought that his girl friend broke up with him. But no, that’s not the only problem that made one stand on his knees and cry, I this world. But he couldn’t care less.

He was most definitely helpless.

He was shocked when a hand was placed on his shoulder. He looked straight and saw the boy from before, panting in front of him. The boy let out a heavy pant before kneeling down in front of Jimin.

“I can help you if you want, you know.” The boy managed to say. “What makes you so sad anyway? You looked scared to death last night too. I didn’t ask about it because I thought you need more time to relax.”

Though Jimin couldn’t grasp what he was saying again. He did get what he said at first, the he could help him. And help was all he could ask for in such a moment.

“Help me” Jimin uttered, trying to keep his tears from falling. “Please”

Taehyung could only nod. But deep inside he knew the boy was in a big problem, which he had yet to find out.

 

“This is the place.” Taehyung said, standing on the very spot that Jimin almost got into an accident. The first thing Jimin asked was to help him go back to his home. So Taehyung took the other to the place where they met. Yet on the way here never did Jimin say a word nor did Taehyung. Taehyung was curious about the other’s story, but he thought it wasn’t the time to ask such things despite how the other was acting this far. He seemed like a dead corps walking, in Taehyung’s point of view.

 As Taehyung said Jimin suddenly started running down the road, making Taehyung dumbfounded. It took a moment for Taehyung to convince himself that he better run after the other. Not after a long that he saw Jimin standing still and looking at a house, which Taehyung believes to be his house. Taehyung stopped running and walked slowly to the other, panting even without running that much. As he came near, he could see that the other was trembling and sweating all over his body. And he was also breathing hard, which made Taehyung worry about the shorter one.

“Are you okay?” Taehyung asked, looking at the other.

A little startled, Jimin managed to say, “What if they’re still there?”

“Who?” Taehyung couldn’t get it.

“Guys in black” Jimin’s face was becoming more pale now. “The ones that killed my parents.”