final

That Wasn't In The Script

That Wasn't In The Script

 

It's crazy how fast Sehun's heart raced against his chest. It isn't as though it's his first take; if he could do the previous scenes, he could definitely do this one. He did decide a few days ago that acting wasn't so hard after all and even Kyungsoo-hyung said he was good. But why does it feel as though his heart is about to burst out of his ribcage? He definitely never felt this nervous before. Muttering lowly to himself, Sehun actually considers asking the director if the scene could change a little bit. He doubts he would still be breathing later.

Of course, it isn't just any scene. At least not to Sehun. Any scene involving Baekhyun straddling him isn't considered just a scene. Not Byun Baekhyun, who he has had his eyes on since their trainee days. Not the puppy, who makes Sehun's insides flutter. He had lost count on how many times he had read the script over and over again trying to make sure he read it correctly, speechless for every time Chanyeol laughs and says that it is going to happen; Baekhyun will literally be on top of him, straddling his hips, pretending as if they were making out. A tiny part of him wished it isn't just an act. Only Jongin knows how long he had pictured this in his head.

Sehun doesn't know which is worst; to have a group of crews watching or the fact that he might go a little far if his emotions take over, which would very likely happen. What if Baekhyun finds out about his pathetic little crush on him? How is he going to survive the next few decades? Sehun worries his bottom lip as the thoughts crossed his mind, fingers slightly shaking from the nervousness. Kyungsoo sits on his part of the couch with a cheeky smile, a look he doesn't wear often. Sehun wonders if Kyungsoo knows because Jongin might have told him and he should have known Jongin couldn't keep even one secret from Kyungsoo, dammit.

"Don't be too nervous, Sehun-ah. It's showing." Kyungsoo comments, getting comfortable in his lounging position.

He didn't get to say anything when he hears Baekhyun before he sees him, bouncing like an excited puppy and dropping himself in between Sehun and Kyungsoo. Sehun's heart skips a beat or two. He balls his hands into fists in hopes that Baekhyun wouldn't see his trembling fingers, playing it cool as the director asked for their attention and ordering them to get into positions. Baekhyun squeals excitedly and Sehun has a hard time remembering how to breathe.

When was he ever this nervous?

The scene starts with him resting his head back on the couch's headrest enough to notice their on-screen female neighbor "stalking" them. He remembers what to say and what to do clearly, because if he messes up, it would only make things worst for him. His heartbeat isn't slowing down even as he gets used to having Baekhyun so close. It moves on to him stealing his friends' attention and telling them about the guilty neighbor, which went perfectly, before Baekhyun's character suggests to do something just for fun since she was watching. Sehun swears his heart stops beating the moment he lies down on the couch, Baekhyun's thighs slowly straddling his.

It reminds him of so many nights spent picturing this very scene in his head; usually his imaginations escalate quickly. But just as it was nerve-wrecking to do this, it was at the same comforting. Baekhyun's so warm on top of him and he longs to wrap his arms around the boy but he isn't supposed to. The least he could do was let his palm curve at Baekhyun's hip, and getting no objection from the director, Sehun leaves it there. Baekhyun's snickering as they film this, breath hot against Sehun's cheek as he occasionally buries his face into the crook of Sehun's neck. It feels so, so good and Sehun wants it to last a little longer. Sehun wants it to happen off the camera as well.

He expects the director's cut to come soon when Baekhyun pulled away just enough to view his face fully, but there is no world around them the moment Baekhyun's lips tugged into a grin and he leans down and further down to capture Sehun's bottom lip with his teeth. Sehun stops breathing and Kyungsoo starts kicking at his leg. Cut, cut, cut, the director scolds. But Sehun's only staring unblinkingly at Baekhyun when the older pulled away, lips still tingling from Baekhyun's teeth. Sehun couldn't breathe.

"Now's the time you kiss me back, you pabo." Baekhyun hisses and Sehun panics. Is Baekhyun up for one of his stupid pranks again? He's conflicted on what to do because all he could see is Baekhyun's sparkly eyes staring into his and all he hears was the director and Kyungsoo and Chanyeol calling out their names. Baekhyun raises a brow almost challenging at him, moves his hips just enough for Sehun's breath to hitch in his throat. Sehun thinks he might pass out.

What has he got to lose?

He ignores the voices in the background and focuses instead on the smile that stretched at Baekhyun's very pink, very soft lips. He thinks about the many times he had thought about Baekhyun this way, about those days he stares at Baekhyun and wishing he could do more than just that. And he decides that this is an opportunity he might not be fortunate enough to get again. Tightening his grip onto Baekhyun's waist, Sehun's other hand pulled the older down just as he raised his head so their lips would meet. Everywhere is colors and explosion and fireworks and Sehun might really pass out.

Baekhyun's lips are so soft against his own and perhaps it was already a little too much but Sehun couldn't help but oblige when Baekhyun parted his lips and included tongue in the kiss. Sehun doesn't really know what heaven would feel like but he thinks he gets what it means. Until, of course, someone had to pull Baekhyun off of him. It took all of his will not to grunt disapprovingly.

The loud bark of laughter coming from Chanyeol brought Sehun back to reality, frowning when realization dawned on him that this was all, as he had guessed, one of their stupid pranks. He feels his heart sinking into his stomach, pursing his lips as Chanyeol laughs harder. It didn't help that Baekhyun was laughing too.

"Did you see the look on his face?!" Chanyeol choked in his laughing fit. "Sehun-ah, you're so adorable when your heart is showing."

Anger isn't even the right word to use to describe what he was feeling. It was more like humiliation as his cheeks burn, getting up from the couch and bowing apologetically at the director before finding his hideout in one of the rooms upstairs. He wishes Jongin is there so he could kill Chanyeol with his glare; Jongin can get rather scary when he's angry. But Jongin isn't there and Sehun's chest is heavy.

Sehun doesn't know how long he sat in the room just scolding himself for being so stupid. It isn't long after he considered going downstairs when the door creaks open and Baekhyun pokes his head in. His attempt at adorable almost had Sehun giving in, but he managed to resist Baekhyun's adorableness this time, keeping his stoic expression as he avoided looking at the older.

The slight dip on the space next to him tells him that Baekhyun was close again, not as close as he was earlier but close still. Sehun flinches slightly when he felt Baekhyun's arm circling his waist. The older hums one of their newly- released songs, resting his head on the taller's shoulder. "Sehunnie, I'm sorry about earlier."

The younger scuffed, "Is this apology another one of your games with Chanyeol hyung?"

When Baekhyun looks at him with a natural pout on his lips, and sad eyes that didn't really lose their shine, Sehun couldn't help wanting to hold him again. "No, of course not. It's just- I'm sorry I kissed you and asked you to kiss me. That wasn't in the script."

"Because that was the plan you came up with, with your best friend. Of course it wasn't in the script. You just did that to humiliate me." Sehun frowned deeper, refusing to look at the other boy.

Baekhyun was silent for a whole minute before he laughs. Baekhyun laughs, as if he has just listened to the best joke of the year. He pats Sehun's thigh, squeezing the maknae's knee. "Did you know what my bet with Chanyeol really is?" He asked and when Sehun only frowned a little more, Baekhyun nodded. "He dared me to kiss you because he knows I can't turn down a challenge. But he also knows that I won't ever find the courage to if he doesn't."

It took Sehun a little too long to understand what Baekhyun had just said, lips parting to let out a gasp when he finally understood. He was about to smile before frowning again, "You mean... You liked me too? Like, like how I like you?'

For the first time in weeks, Sehun sees the pink that colored Baekhyun's cheeks, suddenly a little too shy to answer the question. "I guess you can say it like that. If you meant that you like me like.. more than a hyung, you know? Like, yeah. Do you?"

Sehun doesn't really know what that summersault in his stomach means but he's already grinning and his slightly cracked heart is forgotten. Remembering it, though, made him pout as he raised a hand to flick Baekhyun's nose. "You stole my first kiss."

The snicker coming from Baekhyun sounded a little softer than it had when he was on top of Sehun earlier. "Cute. I'm your first kiss and your first boyfriend, then. Can't deny I'm pretty pleased."

Boyfriend. Baekhyun just referred himself as Sehun's boyfriend. Sehun's sure he might hyperventilate. "Can I kiss you again then?"

Baekhyun's smile quickly turned into a smirk, leaning in to peck Sehun's lips. "Im faster than you."

He chuckled, getting up to leave when Sehun caught his wrist. There was no hesitation this time as Sehun pulled him back down and crashed their lips together and it may seem rushed but Sehun has had to deal with his not-so-secret crush for so many years he couldn't wait any longer. All he could think of was that Baekhyun likes him too.

 

They had to retake the scene again but Sehun's no longer nervous.

 

a/n: It's super rushed bc I'm writing while shaking from feels do not judge me.