End

Good Luck, Then.

“I don’t like the colour orange on you.”

Minseok glanced at the mirror where he could see Lu Han crossed his arms disapprovingly. A pout decorated his youthful, ethereal face.

“This is new.” He offered ineffectively.

“So? It makes you look like a tangerine.”

He wanted to roll his eyes at the utter creativeness that was Lu Han’s reasoning, but caught himself.

“How’s my hair, by the way?” instead Minseok ran his fingers through his newly dyed locks. It was deep brown, this time. Unlike his bestfriend, Minseok had never been one to sport obnoxious hair colour.

Lu Han mumbled a half-hearted ‘’s okay’ and Minseok raised an eyebrow for that, but just shrugged it off and his heels. He sensed a strange chill that was starting to feel familiar when he walked through Lu Han’s astral form.

“I’m going, then.”

For a while he didn’t hear any reply and he thought that maybe Lu Han had already flew somewhere, most likely to spy on their friends’ private life.

Though he would be lying if he said that he was surprised to see Lu Han hanging out outside his apartment door.

“So, this Sojin… Is she beautiful? Is she good to you?”

“I don’t know about beautiful,” because compares to you, nobody is, “but yes, she’s good to me. She’s nice and funny.”

Lu Han chewed his lower lip. “Do you like her?”

Minseok sighed. “Hannie, I thought we agreed not to converse in a space where someone can see us?”

He moved to pull the door knob and locked it, once again marched through Lu Han because he didn’t seem like stepping aside anytime this day.

Minseok was already a good five steps toward the elevator when he heard Lu Han ask him in small voice.

“Is that why you’re donning a new shirt?”

Minseok thinned his lips because, goddamnit.

“Yes. I think it’s good to impress your date a little.” He almost snapped. He didn’t know why he did that. Lu Han had always been nosy and clingy and possessive when it came to him and when he was still alive, it never really bothered Minseok. He didn’t know what changed.

 

“Don’t eat too little, Baozi. You’ll get sick and I don’t want to see you sick.”

“The weather girl on morning news said that it’ll rain today. Don’t forget to bring your umbrella.”

“It’s late. I’m coming to pick you up, okay? Wait for me. Don’t move even an inch! I’ll know!”

 

Minseok snapped his eyes shut.

 

“Date someone, Minseokkie. You’re too precious to live alone.”

“Why should I? I have you to nag at me 24/7 and take care of me.”

“But I won’t be by your side forever, will I?”

 

For all his life, not even once had Minseok raised his voice at Lu Han and despite these indescribable frustrations he suddenly felt, he thought Lu Han didn’t deserve his snarky response. But it worked well seeing how Lu Han was no longer tailing behind him. He looked up to apologise though he wasn’t sure why he should do that but stopped when he saw Lu Han smiling at him.

“Good luck, then.” The end of his sentence wavering slightly.

Lu Han disappeared right after he waved his hand, leaving Minseok alone in the dim corridor.

This is okay, Minseok convinced himself, this is what Lu Han had always wanted for him. Although he couldn’t explain the self-hatred he felt as the elevator doors closing.