Bonjour Paris

Yun And Jae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Bonjour, Paris

 

Paris, Winter, 2019 

 

It is the story of the journey of two people who are not looking for each other but find each other.  

 

Today was my first day in Paris, France and I was walking around this town. It seemed this town didn’t change much just like the last time when I was working in this town, few years ago. But, the most thing that I always remember when I was in this town is when I and my boys were working together for our photobook called ‘Bonjour Paris’. Ah those the best days for me in the past that I really miss so much.  Especially him, yes, I’m longing for him so much. 

 

I was walking around the street near Effiel Tower. The weather was so cold, though I was wearing my brown winter jacket and my pale blue beanie, I wanted a cup of hot coffee. Maybe, it would warm me up. So, I was looking for food truck or food stall around this area. It didn’t take many time to found it cos voila, I found a food stall at the sidewalk across the street.

 

“Bonjour, can I have a cup of hot coffe?”, I said in english cos I couldn’t speak french fluently.

 

“Oui, monsiuer. With sugar?”

 

“Yes, please.” I waited.

 

I didn’t wait too long to have my coffee cos the seller handed me my coffee and the sugar after that.

 

“Merci”, I said and gave him the money.

 

I drank my coffee instantly and continuing my walking around the city. Suddenly, I remember that I should send a text to my friends in Seoul when I landed in Paris. I took my phone in my winter jacket pocket and open my LINE and sent a text to them.

 

“In Paris right now. Guys, do you know a nice travel book about Paris?” I sent It to them.

 

“Why did you look for the book? You won’t need it dude. It’s better if you ask someone who used to live in Paris.” Replied by Donghae.

 

“So, who?”

 

“Jae was in Paris too. Why don’t you ask him?” Heechul gave a response. 

 

He was In Paris too? I asked to myself. I wonder should I contact him or not? It been so long we didn’t meet and contact each other for almost 10 years. It was so long time, wasn’t it?

 

But, I searched his number in my phonebook in the end. I just have his old number and I don’t know whether it still active or not. Lucky me cos he have LINE with his old number. So, I started the chat to him. I sent him the picture of Eiffle Tower that I just took and informed him that I was in Paris too.

 

***

 

While I was waiting for his response, I sat at the bench on the sidewalk. Will he read my text or not? I was really nervous so I couldn’t sit quietly. I moved around the bench, I sat then stand up near the bench again and again. Once in while I stand up, I rubbed my palms cos the weather was so cold and I forgot to brought my gloves.

 

When I backed to sit at the bench, I heard the notification sound of my LINE. I checked it and it was like miracle for me cos he replied my chat.

 

“You are in Paris? What are you doing?” I read his text with a smile and instantly I replied his text.

 

“I was in my holiday.”

 

“It’s such a coincidence, you and I were in Paris right now. Were you intentionally doing it? Cos you want to meet me, right?”

 

“Haha, you’re really have high confidence. You’re narcissistic.” I texted him with a smile that is reflected from the corner of my lips. “Cos we were in the same town, why don’t we meet up?”

 

***

 

I was lying down on the grass in the park to took a nap while I waited for him. If you looked at me when I was waking up from my nap, you would see me woke up with a smile. Yeah, I didn’t know why but I felt so happy today. I would meet him today after a long time. I couldn’t wait for it.

 

After that I went to the place that would be our rendezvous place. The place was near the outdoor ice-skating rink. I could see a carousel from that site. I looked at my watch to check the time. I didn’t realize that there was someone who come closer to me until he handed me a cup of coffe and I took it.

 

“My coffee, lil a bit of sugar.” He said with smiling while handed me a cup of coffee.

 

That was the first sentence that he said to me after a long time we didn’t meet. I saw he was wearing a pale blue fur coat, and white beret hat and I saw he had a cup of coffee too in his hand which wearing a pair of pale blue gloves. The fur coat, hat, and glove have matching combination. He’s so fashionable and cute as always.

 

“Bonjour.” I said and then I hugged him. After that we let go of our arms. Honestly I wanted hug him a lil bit longer.

 

“You still remember it?” I asked him with disbelief expression but still, I smiled to him too. He didn’t forget my habit. I’m so happy.

 

“I do.” He said to me confidently.

 

“Oh yeah?” And then we walked together searching for a nice spot to talk.

 

If you asked me what I felt when I finally met him, it was retrouvailles, the happiness of meeting again after a long

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter