Final

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hopeless

I advise you to listen to "Hopeless Love" and understand the lyrics before reading

●●●

“Will you come?” she whispered, a hint of nervousness in her voice. Myungsoo quietly sighed, knowing that he doesn’t have a choice. She stood there, awaiting his reply. Her head bowed down, avoiding his eyes.

He gazed at her with so much longing. It has been years since their last meeting. The dejected lad stayed awfully silent for a while, afraid that his voice would crack at the sight of Suzy’s smile. Slowly, he reached out his right hand and ruffled her long silky black hair. It was a habit of his, a symbol of his affection and care. “I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” he merrily exclaimed, masking the pain in his heart that he was trying to tame.

Comforted by his answer, she finally looks up to him. Her mesmerizing hazel eyes were in crescents, full of gleam. That beautiful smile he fell deeply in love with grew wider in elation. She is happy and that’s what matters, though it left him in choked desolation.

 

 

The first time he met Suzy was eight years ago. She had her black hair clipped in a cute little bow. He wanted to approach her and introduce himself but he was too shy that he hid behind a bookshelf. From his hidden spot, Myungsoo watched her studying. She looked frustrated. It was obvious that she’s struggling.

Suzy stood up from her seat to find a book. She stopped by where Myungsoo was to take a look. The lad acted like he was searching for something so that the girl beside him won’t suspect a thing.

“Can you reach that for me?” a soft voice caught his attention. He turned to see her pointing in a certain direction. He grabbed the book on the top shelf as he said, “Of course!” The young lad was so nervous that his voice became hoarse.

“Thank you so much,” Suzy said in advance. He gave her the book. Now, this was his chance. “No problem. I’m Myungsoo by the way,” the boy said with a big handsome grin. “I’m Suzy,” she shot him a pretty smile that made his heart flutter within.

 

 

Years flew by and they became closer than ever. They had a strong friendship that no one can sever. Though Myungsoo looks at her in a whole different way, Suzy never noticed it much to his dismay.

He would write love letters for his lovely muse most of the time, but he would never send it to her as if it was a crime. He would hide it in a box and leave it to rot. He would rather do it that way than being caught. Myungsoo was a lovesick fool who fears rejection. He’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter