001

Love Again

I walked through the dull hallways reliving memories of the past. I looked at the corner before me, I remembered how people would push me harshly to the walls, telling me how fat I was. I continued walking down to see one of the classrooms, my old classroom. The worst mornings were spent at this exact spot. People giving me disgusted stares,them questioning my existence in this school. When everyone graduated here they became successful and got accepted to well- known companies whereas I am still here, in this school,working. I did graduate ,with one of the highest grades actually but no company would accept me because of how I looked. I looked down towards my watch and I was now running late to my lesson. Just as i was about to start class, the principal had arrived reminding us about our assembly. It was odd to have an assembly in the middle of the day. As we arrived to the large hall everyone sat down. Screams filled the room all of a sudden. I stood at the front beside the stage and looking up I saw him. The one who stood up for me. The one i fell in love with but he probably forgot my existence.

“Annyeong haseyo, EXO- imnida.” The boys introduced. My heart skipped a beat as he looked at me.

After having a talk, the MC offered students to come onto stage and that is when I was pushed onto stage along with them. I was embarrassed because firstly, i looked like a mess in my oversized white tee and black shorts and because well I was nervous, extremely nervous.

“Introduce yourself one by one.” The MC said.

I stood at the end of the line closest to the members. My eyes was stuck to the ground like a screw in a wall. I was afraid to look up. Surprisingly looking at the other girls beside me, they were all my students.

“And finally the last student please introduce yourself.” The MC said to me. The boys had Screamed wildly which completely shocked me. Ok just to admit, after those years of being bullied I had decided to make a change in my life and exercise and i guess I slimmed down quite a bit….and was popular with the male students?

“uhh an-anyeong ha-has-” “-She is our beloved teacher Kim Ji Hye. She may look young and she is. She graduated back in 2012 same as Kai-ssi.”

“She is a dance teacher,she is very shy but very funny if you get to know her. She worked here right after graduation and … she is very popular with the boys. She cares for us like her own children. Ji Hye seonsaengnim saranghae ❤”

“Uhh I see, well would you like to say hello to your fellow classmate Ji Hye-ssi? Kai-ssi why don’t you start?” The MC said. ... DON’T COME HERE KIM JONGIN. DONT STEP ANY CLOSER. STOP. STOP.TOO LATE.

“Annyeong chingu. Do you remember me? I’m Kim Jongin” He said in the iest tone ever. Damn you Kim Jongin, Of course I remember, who could forget you.

“Oh… I...I..I..hehe mianhae Annyeong, yes I remember you.” I said. I mentally face palmed myself. I probably look like a complete idiot there. He the grabbed my hand shaking it. His touch felt like an electric current flowing through my body.

“You’re cute.” Kai said softly before returning back to his original place. Why Kim Jongin? Why must you do this to me. “Ok now all of you should show us your talent. Starting from the beginning.” No.No. No. This is… Can I escape now. Someone kill me.

The first girl stepped up to the challenge with ease. One after the other went on showing of their talents. I felt proud that they were my students. Each student had shown off dancing to one of EXO songs and showed another talent of theirs. The student before me was my favourite. She reminded me of myself back then. I realised she was getting bullied due to her weight but I protected her, like the teachers did back then for me. When she danced I could see how shocked the boys were. I smiled, proud of her. When she dances, she forgets about the rest of the world, like she’s in her own world. She took all that hate and worked hard to prove those who bullied her wrong. After she finished dancing she stepped back beside me.

“You dance well but why don’t you lose weight?” The MC questioned her. She looked shocked but continued to smile. I grabbed her mic and stood up for her.

“Excuse me. What’s wrong with her weight. I think she looks absolutely beautiful.” I had been wanting to speak about bullying in the previous assembly but we never had time so i guess that time is now.

“She is like every other student here. I could imagine you asking the same question 2 years before this. If you came here 2 years ago, you would probably ask me the same question. Yes i was fat and the bullying was harsh, I had to wake up every morning to listen to people call me fat. Even with the teacher’s help, people continue to criticize every single thing about me. Soon everything they said had affected me even more, even the smallest words hurt, especially when people who don’t know me tell me things I don’t want to hear. The bullying was getting so harsh that one day I was thinking of taking my own life until Kim Jongin saved me.” Wait did i just say that. .no. I looked to my side to see the guys staring at me shocked. I slowly tried to escape by walking off stage.

“I remember you, you’re her. You’re the girl that was about to jump.” He spoke. I turned around to look at him.

“You had bruises all over you and you stood at the edge. You then saw me and I told you not to jump but you refused. Right before you jumped I pulled you back and you just cried. I told you-”

“- Don’t let stupid things like this get in the way, you must prove them wrong. Show them what you are capable off. People judge because they are afraid, they follow those who are brave. One day people are going to love you for who you are, when you are finally confident come and find me in a few years time and show me how confident you are. Promise me that you would never attempt to take your life like that.” I cried out the last few words.

“He saved my life. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for him, thank you Kim Jongin. I am confident now.”

“No thank you Kim Ji Hye, after that day i realised how precious life was. Without you i wouldn’t be standing here.”

“Wow, I’m sorry young girl and thank you Ji Hye-ssi for telling us your beautiful story. It is now your turn to perform.” The MC said. . I completely forgot about that.

I walked forward to the middle of the stage.

“So what will you be performing for us today?” “Well, I attended their concert the other day and I fell in love with one of their performances. Kai had a solo where he danced in water- well i’m not saying i’m going to dance in water but I can perform it.”

“Oh well this is the first time i’m seeing it then.” the MC said.

Baby don’t cry played in the background. As the music started i closed my eyes to get into the mood of the song. It’s like i was there at the concert except it was only me and him. He was like a mirror in front of me dancing my every move. Soon the song came to an end and I opened my eyes to hear the crowd go wild and Kim Jongin standing right beside me.

“WOW!” The members shouted out. I realised that Jongin was dancing with me and I bowed 90 degrees to thank him. Walking back into the line of girls, the MC asked me to perform one more song. I had no idea what to do. The crowd of guys then started shouting out “AOA! AOA” and I shook my head vigorously strongly disagreeing with them. Then everyone joined in and I had no choice.

The music choice: Mini skirt.

I hated dancing to female groups like AOA. I liked these groups but it’s not really dancing when one chooses to expose her body through moves. It disgusted me but what choice do I have when you are on live in front of possibly the whole of Korea anticipating. I stepped forward once more and danced. I was ashamed, looking at my student behind me, they knew how much I hated things like this but they just laughed their hearts out.

“May I ask why you guys are laughing.”

“Haha Seonsaengnim hates dancing to girl group dances. She thinks that they are too talented to waste on such a dance.”

“Wow strong opinion there, well overall i think she dance great, don’t you agree with me guys?” “YES!” everyone replied.

“Well unfortunately these boys are so popular that they have to leave now. Any last words before you go.”

One by one they all bid their farewells and supporting messages to fellow trainees who aspire to become an idol.

“Finally just before we leave these guys will give you their album to a special girl they pick.”

All of us stood facing our backs towards the members. Suddenly i felt someone poke me on my shoulder and turned around to see Kim Jongin smiling foolishly. My eyes widened and i stood there in shock. He came closer to me until his body was touching mine. He hugged me. Dayuum those abs- I felt his sincere hug. I swung my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. My heartbeat raced and when we released from the hug he caressed my face. I blush slightly, hoping he wouldn’t see it I looked down.

“Hey I’m glad we met again. You know I’ve been trying to find you.”

“What? Why?”

“Because I realised something and I wanted to tell you. Read the message inside, don’t open it in front of others.”

“Ok”

“See you soon.”

“Wha-how-”

“Goodbye guys hope you have a great day. This has been EXO” The said their final words and left.

It was time to go home now, i grabbed my bag and headed home. I stepped into the mini apartment and was excited to open the album. I sat down on my couch and flipped through the pages. I think this is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, 52 pages of Kim Jongin.Wow. Finally on the last page i came across a message that he wrote and a necklace fell out.

“Dear Ji Hye,

I wrote this message thinking of you. Now you must be thinking why on earth would i give you a necklace. I told you before, you saved my life. The time on the roof.when i caught you, when i looked into your eyes i saw a girl who was hurt, a girl who was desperate for help. A lost soul, a girl who needed my help but then looking further I saw a beautiful girl who had the most caring feelings. That’s when I realised you are the one I want to be with, you are the girl who I wanted to protect. After that day, I wanted to see you again but i couldn’t find you. So I became an idol in hopes to see you one day and i succeeded. Ji Hye I want to see you again so please meet me at xxxxx at 7pm today. See you soon.

-Kim Jongin

I cried and i couldn’t stop for some reason. The day i’ve been waiting for had finally arrived. I looked at the time and it was already 5. I took a quick shower and tried to dress up. I looked through my cabinet to find the perfect dress, something not too formal but not too casual. I picked out a light pink dress . I completed the look with light makeup. I went off on my motorcycle and rushed to the destination. When I arrived, memories rush through my mind. This was the exact same place where I almost took life, the same place I met my guardian angel Kim Jongin.

“You look beautiful.” A voice spoke out. I turned around to see a Jongin in a dark blue long sleeved shirt paired with black pants.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” I said trying to control my feels.

“You wore it, the necklace”

“Obviously, how could I not.” I said as he took my hand and dragged me to the chair nearby.

“This was the exact spot I realised that I fell in love.”

“You what?”

“Ji Hye I know we just met but for the past 3 years i’ve been wanting to see you. You have no idea how much i searched for you. When I heard I was coming to our old school , I had hoped you were there.”

“Honestly Jongin, I had also wanted to see you, I actually had this stupid crush on you back in 7th grade but then I knew i had no chance competing against all those girls, then when you saved my life, it was like i fell in love all over again. After that day, I change the way I lived, I tried new things and overcome my fears. This is all thanks to you Kim Jongin,” I said.

His fingers brushed past my hand as if he was asking permission to hold my hands. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight. He smiled foolishly at me. He got down and I stood up shocked.

“Ji Hye.. Will you be my girlfriend?”

“I...I...yes.” He picked me up and spun me around. He placed me back down and wrapped his hands around my waist. His lips slowly approaching mine closing the gap between us.