Safe Place

Your Yoghurt

To the Queen of Ice,

Hi. How’ve you been doing over there?

We hope you’re online, because right now we’re on the dorm with eight of us. Taeyeonnie said movie night, although we all know that she meant ‘let’s watch our own show and get a laugh out of it’. Totally not a movie at all, because what movie doesn’t have a credit rolls every time they end? Or twenty seconds of logo? Or us arguing over what genre to choose?

Reply back as soon as you can, Jess! Miss you.

- F

 

 

Fany-ah, hi! So you guys are full team tonight, huh?

Does that mean I’m going to get a multi-writers reply?

I’m doing good, safe and sound. A little bit tired, but not sleepy. I guess I’m just rolling around my bed waiting for any of you to spare me some of your ‘movie’-time and talk to me after a long time of no news.

(Totally not guilt-tripping any of you, I swear!)

Oh, and JJ said hi.

- J

 

 

“Is she available?” asked Tiffany, peering over Taeyeon’s shoulder as the leader opened the gadget’s inbox. The latter hummed.

 

“She is.” Taeyeon glanced to Sooyoung and passed the gadget onto her lap, “Reply her.”

 

Tiffany sighed. “You know what, Tae, it has been months. You should really try talkin’ to her, even if it’s via mails. And no, multi-writers reply doesn’t count, because essentially you’re not really talkin’ to her.”

 

“I know.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes and leaned back, letting her head to rest between Tiffany’s parted thighs. “I’ll talk to her, okay? My turn will be there, just not the second. I’ll go fifth or sixth.”

 

Tiffany was about to counter, but she felt, rather than heard, the leader’s tired sigh, and she held back from saying anything. Her knees brushed against Taeyeon’s shoulder and they told her how tensed the other’s body was. Tiffany sighed.

 

“Okay, fifth.”

 

Taeyeon made an acknowledging sound, eyes closed.

 

 

By multi-writers, you mean us going barbaric on your reply and trying to finish each other’s sentences? Y’know how they always end. Chaos. Remember that one time me and Hyoyeon and Yuri fighting over the gadget to reply you?

If it’s not clear yet, no, we’re going to take turns replying, princess. So please bear with us when we take a while to reply. Maybe the one in turn is scrolling up and down to read what’s going on. Y’know how we all, always curious and want to know the whole picture. *shrugs*

(And, I probably shouldn’t say this, but Tiffany was reprimanding Taeyeon because apparently Taeyeon hesitates to reply you. Penny for your thought?)

And how’s JJ doing?

(JJ is your turtle, right?)

- S

 

 

“So what’re we going to watch?” asked Sooyoung as she lifted her head from the gadget. “GGTS again? Or that Horror Movie Factory?”

 

“Are you living in the past?” quipped Hyoyeon from Seohyun’s side. “Those two are so last decade.”

 

“Well excuse me, I’m an emotional woman who treasures the past, thank you very much,” said Sooyoung, her frown only lessened when Seohyun pinched Hyoyeon’s side in a way that told the dance queen to behave.

 

“Emotional thing aside, let’s watch Running Man!” said Sunny excitedly, bouncing lightly on the couch. “We’ve been too busy to watch our appearance together!”

 

Yuri, who had scooted forward to set up the TV, looked past her shoulder and cocked her brows, waiting for another suggestion.

 

Silence.

 

After a minute, Taeyeon gave her a thumb up, and she rolled her eyes in defeat. “Fine,” she said, turning back to the front and pressing several buttons. “I’m not going to like it, though.”

 

“Why aren’t you?” asked Sooyoung in wonder, and then a realization came up. “Oh, ah…”

 

“Yep,” grumbled Yuri under her breath. “Oh, ah, indeed.”

 

Sooyoung watched as Yuri scooted back to her original place; pressed firmly against Yoona’s side in front of the HyoSeo’s couch. She saw Yoona threw a cautious glance towards the other as she lifted a blanket over their bodies to fight off the cold air. Huh, this should be interesting.

 

As the corner of her eye twitched, the gadget buzzed once. A reply.

 

 

Choi Sooyoung, don’t remind me of that again. I’m not in the mood to laugh out loud right now. That one reply was a mess with you trying to talk about food and Hyoyeon trying to talk about how goguma-deprived Seohyun was and Yuri trying to tell me that you and Hyoyeon in the kitchen together equaled disaster.

(Can you tell Taeyeon that I’m okay? I mean, I want us to talk. I don’t hold anything against her. She needs to stop blaming herself… and I really miss her and, well. Tell her to talk to me soon. Please?)

(Turtle? JJ IS A TORTOISE! How many times should I tell you THAT. Seriously.)

(You just reaaally enjoy annoying me, don’t you? *glare*)

- J

 

 

“Can I reply Jess after my team’s turn is over?” asked Sunny after she scanned the conversations. No one replied her, so she shrugged and put the gadget to her lap. She glanced to Sooyoung who had passed it to her, “And you, Choi Sooyoung. You’re going to face your death in three turns.”

 

Sooyoung shrugged innocently and leaned back to watch.

 

“That whole burying-your-socked-legs-in-the-mud is really gold,” commented Taeyeon, chuckling. “Really prolong the time from the other team.”

 

“For me, human paper is gold too,” said Hyoyeon teasingly, earning a huff from the leader.

 

“At least human paper doesn’t cause you to be hugged firmly,” muttered Yoona, eyes fixed on the television. Sunny raised her brows as Yuri shot the woman beside her a glare.

 

“Just wait until we get further,” grumbled Yuri, loud enough to be heard by everyone.

 

“Oooh,” Tiffany sing-song-ed, “trouble in the paradise.”

 

“Technically, it’s trouble in the dorm,” Seohyun pointed out. At Yoona and Yuri’s synched snort, she huffed. “What? Fine, sorry for being logical.”

 

Hyoyeon sympathetically patted the maknae’s head, muttering playful curses at two heads in front of her.

 

 

Taeyeonnie will have her turn soon, Sica. No worries. I’m sure Tiffany will whack her head if she tries to find an excuse from doing so ;)

Has JJ grown over the last time we video called? Does she still hate carrots?

We’re watching Running Man. You know, the one we’re guesting just recently. Yuri is shooting nasty looks at Yoona right now. It’s amusing. Oh, and Hyoyeonnie is playfully cursing both of them for snorting against something maknae said.

What’re you doing over there other than lying down and waiting for a reply? Why’re you not in the mood to laugh out loud?

Miss you!

- B

 

 

Oh My God my Bunny Lee! I MISS YOU TOO, KISS YOURSELF FOR ME! ……ok, I should really stop typing capitalized words in order not to be out of character. Breathe, Jung. Breathe. Hhhhhfh.

JJ still hates carrots. I think she really isn’t a bunny in her past life. Sorry, Bunny. I won’t be mad if you’re going to buy her carrots still, though. Maybe someday she’ll be dazed enough and mistake carrots for her usual meal.

I don’t think I follow—Running Man, yes, but why the nasty looks? Tell Kwon seobang to stop hurting Yoona or I’ll be there to tape her eyes with black tapes myself.

Err, Bunny? I don’t think cursing and playful can go in the same sentence?

I bumped my stomach to the dining table after dinner. Didn’t hurt back then, yet it does. Now it aches if I laugh, so please refrain from doing so, yes?

Let’s guess whose turn is it next. Hyo?

- J

 

 

“Hyo, Sica asked for you,” called Sunny over the laughter and yells filling the room. Hyoyeon cocked her brows, reluctant to move from her position; with her arm wrapped around the maknae.

 

“Me?”

 

“Well, not really. She’s guessing that the next turn is yours,” Sunny corrected herself. Sensing the other’s reluctance to move, she sighed and the gadget to the nearest person. “Yoong, pass this to Hyo.”

 

Yoona paused her glare and reached out to receive the gadget. She raised it over her head, waiting for Hyoyeon’s hand to pick it.

 

“The next turn is Taeyeon’s,” announced Tiffany, ignoring Taeyeon’s groan. “I’ll whack your head if you try to excuse yourself from this, Tae. No buts.”

 

Sunny grinned to herself. She knew it.

 

“Oh, no, you’re not going to resume your glare at me again.”

 

“Yeah? I glare when I want to!”

 

“At least pick a time when you deserve to be snappy, Im.”

 

“What, I’ve got no reason to be snappy? Kwangsoo oppa touched you! It was practically a hug!”

 

Sunny’s grin subsided, and she rolled her eyes as two particular people began to bicker again. Sighing, she crossed her arms in front of her chest. The so-called twins of SNSD were having a fire, and if it didn’t distract her from watching, she’d found it amusing.

 

“I’ll soon have a reason to be snappier than you, you know!”

 

“Later is later, now is now!”

 

“Im Yoona!”

 

“Kwon Yuri!”

 

“Yah, I’m older than you!”

 

“Why, thanks for the reminder, Grandma!”

 

Yuri made a sound of annoyance and looked away, glaring at the television instead. Sunny tilted her head when Yoona shifted her gaze to her, the glare softened into a pair of shining doe eyes which usually meant that the younger had a request.

 

“Unnie,” Yoona whispered, “can we lower the air conditioner?”

 

“Why?”

 

The doe-eyed girl hesitated. Instead of whispering, she shook her head and mouthed quietly, ‘Yuri unnie is warm and I think I caught her shivering a bit’.

 

Sunny grinned. “Oh, so you’re feeling cold. Okay, I’ll lower it!”

 

As she reached for the controller, she didn’t miss the gesture Yuri did out of the corner of her eye. The latter had glanced briefly to Yoona before tugging on the blanket covering them and fixing it so that Yoona was covered from neck to toe. Yuri ignored Yoona’s protest (“I’m not cold, Sunny unnie is lying!”) and looked back to the screen.

 

Sunny shook her head and smiled.

 

 

Hey, J. Hyohyo at your service. Happy that your guess is right, huh? Want to guess who the next person will be, too? ;)

You still carry around black tapes with you? Why can’t you carry around purse like a normal people? *sighs exaggeratedly* Ok, no, don’t answer that one, Elsa. Especially not with the ‘cold never bother me anyway’ line!

Remind me to scold Tiffany for introducing you to Frozen.

Eh, I really only cursed at them playfully, since, you know. I only used phrases like ‘chicken’s ’, ‘yellow poop’, ‘icky goo’. No real curse words. Seohyun would’ve abused my head for that. (Seohyun, love, if you ever read this, of course it’s not abuse, I one hundred percent deserve it if I ever contaminate your ears with cuss words, peace out).

Back to you. Be careful with your stomach, J. Have you tried giving them ointment? Some things can’t be healed by only time. Are you sure you don’t need to go see a doctor?

I do hope my reply didn’t make you laugh at all.

- H

 

 

“You were really eager to dance in front of Kwangsoo oppa, huh?”

 

“Yoong…”

 

Yuri made a strangled noise through her nose, but didn’t talk back. It set off alarms on Yoona’s head. Yuri wouldn’t talk back when she was either tired or gave up.

 

“Unnie?”

 

Yoona tried to get a look at her face, concern etched on her own. When she got close enough, Yuri shifted to face her and narrowed her eyes.

 

Faces apart only by a few distance, warm breaths sweeping each other’s skin.

 

“Shut up.”

 

And the other’s concern dissipated just like that. Yoona growled and leaned back, glaring at the carpet in front of her with all her might.

 

 

The next person? Hmm…

Seohyun?

Oh, don’t be such a party pooper, Hyo. Frozen is ok. I’ll make sure to shriek ‘let it go’ to your ear later when we chat on phone.

(Speaking of, do Kwon seobang and Imlakkuma still bicker?)

Chicken’s ? Really, Hyo? Do you have a personal vendetta against chicken? That’s not nice, you know. But well, good for you for finding a way to ‘curse’ playfully. Make sure to get it copyrighted. More income!

I’ve treated it. If it still aches tomorrow, I’ll go see a doctor. In the meantime don’t worry ;) I’m ok.

You made me snicker unfortunately. Stung a bit, but nothing I can’t handle!

- J

 

 

“Are you angry?” asked Yuri when Yoona began to huff and puff harshly beside her.

 

In response, Yoona yanked the blanket so she could monopolize it all by herself.

 

 

You know what, every time you mention ‘Kwon seobang’, Sooyoung has this mini heart attack thinking that you’re referring to Other Kwon.

And for Yoona and Yuri—yes, they still bicker. The volume of their voices starts to defeat our television’. It’s borderline annoying right now, it’s hard to focus on one.

Copyright, you say? Goodness, Ice Queen, when will you learn not to give Hyo ideas? If tomorrow she dragged me or Tiffany to get a copyright for playful cursing, just know that it’s your fault.

Have you tried compressing the aching side? It helped me when I bumped my lower body to my car’s . Yeah, not a cool image, I know, but that’s not the point. So, um, try placing an ice pack to your aching side. I know cold never bother you anyway but at least it’ll bother the monster in your stomach. K?

And, um.

I know you said I should stop blaming myself, but.

Yeah.

I’m sorry. I’m sorry I’m not Seohyun. And, I’m sorry, you know, for everything. Everything happened or might happen. The next person replying wouldn’t be me, so, um… if you want to, you know, talk, you know my number. I’ll be okay.

Get well soon, J.

(Oh God, I’m copying Hyo, we might as well be twins like our surname has been suggesting all along.)

- T

 

 

“I’m not going to watch this part,” declared Yuri, looking away from the screen and burying her face into her arms instead.

 

“But you should,” Tiffany interrupted before Yoona could remark anything. “Our scene will appear in a while.”

 

Our scene, Tiffany unnie?”

 

“Oh yeah, our scene,” confirmed Tiffany, nonplussed at Yoona’s scowl. “The one where we shrieked because we thought that the other was enemy or ghost.”

 

“Ghost for me,” mumbled Yuri.

 

“I heard that,” Tiffany sing-song-ed.

 

Yoona coughed ‘jerk’, which of course was caught by Yuri’s ears.

 

“Say what,” Yuri growled.

 

“What?” Yoona parroted.

 

“Goodness, seriously,” Yuri exhaled harshly, “I hate you.”

 

It would’ve been dead silent if not for Taeyeon’s phone ringing. The leader rummaged through her pocket in a hurry, and Seohyun looked down at the gadget in her hand, noticing the lack of reply. When Taeyeon scrambled to get up and scampered towards her room, the maknae shrugged and set the gadget aside.

 

“You know what, guys, let’s pause the movie night and go to bed,” said Tiffany cheerfully, breaking the deafening silence.

 

“Why? So that Yuri unnie over here can sleep soundly because she wouldn’t get any reason to be snappy?” asked Yoona, voice dripping in sarcasm. “Sure, let’s do that.”

 

“You’re pushing my buttons, Yoona,” gritted Yuri.

 

“Am I?” Yoona shrugged. “I keep my hands to myself.”

 

“And keep your win to yourself.” Yuri snorted, “That, I could see.”

 

“It was just a game!”

 

“I’m not saying it wasn’t.”

 

“Then why can’t you get over it already?!”

 

“Because,” Yuri spat, “I put my faith on you, and you break it for a game!”

 

“Are we really having this debate right now?”

 

“Why? Do you think the odds are for you to lose? Want me to invite Minho or Hongman oppa to flip the table out for you?”

 

“It’s just a game and what did you expect me to do!!!”

 

Somehow, in between their debate, the others had dispersed from the site. Seohyun and Hyoyeon were the only one left behind, looking back and forth with hesitance as to what they could do.

 

Nothing, it seemed.

 

“I don’t know,” Yuri shrugged weakly. “Forget it.” She rose up and closed her eyes as her body tried to find its balance.

 

“It’s not like I’m the only one who went all in for a game,” grumbled Yoona loudly. “I’m not the one who brought up Seunggi when it’s almost completely irrelevant to do so.”

 

Yuri turned exhausted eyes at her. “You’re going to compare your betrayal to me teasing you?”

 

“I don’t betray anyone!” Yoona’s voise raised, and the remaining witnesses took a step back. “Was it teasing? Was it? You have complained about how the news made you feel insecure about yourself, but you were the one bringing it up! Can’t you think that maybe it makes me uncomfortable too!”

 

“It was my way to laugh at myself! To make me feel less insecure, to make me feel more immune!” Yuri rubbed her temple, her eyes still shut as if she was trying to block something. “If you can’t take that level of teasing, I don’t know. Maybe I shouldn’t talk to you at all then.”

 

“Sure,” exhaled Yoona harshly as the other began to turn around. “Of course. Let’s do that. Go. Talk to Hani like you always do. You seem to like her very much.”

 

Yuri let her shoulder slumped forward. “She’s my dog,” she said. “Of course I—“

 

“Not the dog,” Yoona gritted out. “The human one.”

 

“Who—“ Yuri blinked, and then realization hit her. “Ah?”

 

“Ah.” Yoona balled her fist and rose up, letting the blanket to slip off of her shoulder. “Ah, indeed.”

 

“That was—“

 

“Netizens have been saying that you blushed.” Yoona shook her head. “Please don’t bother to explain.”

 

“You bring up everything, don’t you?” muttered Yuri, opening her eyes to look at those doe eyes. Yoona looked back at her, and the older one tensed as she found mistiness.

 

“Yoona—“

 

“No.” Yoona shook her head, taking several steps back, away from Yuri’s reaching hand. “I… get a rest, unnie. I know you catch a cold. I… I’ll be in Fany unnie’s room. Good night.”

 

And then the younger bolted up from the living room, giving no chance for Yuri to reply, not even giving a glance to Hyoyeon and Seohyun who only stared at the scene being unraveled in front of them. The gadget on Seohyun’s hand beeped, but she could careless right now.

 

“Yul?” called Hyoyeon softly.

 

“I’m such a jackass,” said Yuri to no one.

 

Hyoyeon nodded vigorously. “Yup.”

 

“Unnie, I don’t think you’re helping,” whispered Seohyun. The gadget in her hand beeped again. “And this gadget doesn’t really help, too.”

 

“Seohyun-ah,” called Yuri, blinking her eyes several times as she proceeded to look at the maknae. “Whoa, you’re three.”

 

Seohyun frowned.

 

“Why’s Hyo two?” Yuri held her forehead and blew through , “Wait, does our carpet always have a sine-shaped pattern?”

 

“Our carpet doesn’t have a pattern, it’s plain colored,” Hyoyeon commented. “So you’re really sick.”

 

“Not sick.” Yuri shook her head slowly. “Jackass.”

 

“Language, Yuri unnie,” Seohyun half-heartedly reprimanded her.

 

“So,” Yuri closed her eyes again, “which one of you can lead me the way to Tiffany’s room?”

 

“I can,” volunteered Hyoyeon, going over to fling a hand over Yuri’s shoulder and helping her to stand straighter. “Seohyun needs to reply to Jess, anyway. Let’s go, sick bird.”

 

“I hate it when you call me sick bird.”

 

“Be nice to me or I’ll drop you.”

 

 

So who’s the next person replying me after Taeyeon? Sorry for the delay. I was on phone with your dear leader! Thing’s are going a little bit for the better side, thank goodness.

Oh, and if you’re Sooyoung, I should maybe warn you that you’re going to have your access to the refrigerator being limited. For two weeks straight. Sorry, Youngie, can’t help you right now. You know I’m truly sorry, right? You know I truly won’t hold any grudge just because you always refuse to acknowledge JJ as a tortoise, right?

Anyway, do they still bicker?

If they do, tell Kwon seobang to phone me because I have an earful speech for her to hear!

- J

 

 

It’s Seohyun, unnie, but I’ll pass the message. How’s JJ doing? Have you tried feeding her with gogumas?

Yoona unnie and Yuri unnie are ok, unnie. They’re having a rocky road, but they’re still riding the same car, so all is ok.

(Well, I probably would tell Yuri unnie to call you, but she’s sick, so maybe tomorrow, really.)

Oh, oh! Unnie, do you find anything good to read? I’ve finished those four books you recommended to me last time. Want me to send you my reviews?

Missing you as much as the others do,

- M

 

 

“Yoona?” called Yuri, knocking softly on a door with a carved sign of ‘Tiffany’ being hung on it. “Yoona. Come on, I know you aren’t sleeping. Not yet.”

 

Hyoyeon shifted on the balls of her feet nervously as silence greeted Yuri’s knocks. Yuri had shooed her, but she insisted to stay. At least until someone opened the door.

 

“Yoonaaaaaa.” A Kwon never whines, Yuri once told her, so Hyoyeon dutifully thought of the noise Yuri produced right now as a persuading sound. Totally not a whine. “Yoong. Please, open the door.”

 

Silence, silence, cold and quiet.

 

Yuri rested her forehead against the door and sighed. “Okay,” she said. “Okay, Yoong.”

 

Hyoyeon lifted her eyebrows and couldn’t help herself from asking, “Okay?”

 

“Okay,” Yuri repeated.

 

Hyoyeon waited for Yuri to straighten herself and maybe ask her to help her to bed. But Yuri didn’t. She still had her forehead against the door, eyes closed, and the words she said later didn’t indicate that she wanted to move anytime soon.

 

“Okay, Yoong. I’m done being angry.” Yuri released a shaky breath, “I’m done arguing. Come out. Please?”

 

 What.

 

Hyoyeon couldn’t wrap her head around what Yuri was attempting to do right now. What the tanned beauty could possibly get from saying those words right now.

 

And she definitely couldn’t wrap her head around the fact that Yoona’s voice actually replied through the closed door.

 

“Are you really done?”

 

Yuri let out a laugh, several burst of escaping airs. “Yes,” she said, taking off her forehead from the door. “Yes. I’m done. Are you? I… please come out already.”

 

“Why aren’t you resting?”

 

“Without you? I don’t know how.” Yuri sighed forlornly, rubbing her head again. It ached so much and Yoona hadn’t come out. She swallowed.

 

“Yoong, the door… why does it look like three?”

 

Then a click was heard. Then the door was opened. Then Yoona was there, standing in front of Yuri.

 

“You’re sick,” commented Yoona when Yuri’s eyes blearily followed her. The younger stepped closer, “Are you really done?”

 

“Are you?” asked Yuri. A three-headed Yoona nodded at her, albeit timidly, and she smiled. “Good. I’m done, too.”

 

Silence. Hyoyeon had quietly slipped out of the scene without them noticing. Yuri blinked her eyes repeatedly, trying to get a one-headed Yoona into her vision. Her head hurt.

 

And then she felt a pair of hands cupping her face and brought her head to meet a familiar shoulder. A familiar scent. A familiar warmth.

 

Yuri sighed, letting herself fall. Letting her forehead to rest against the crook of Yoona’s neck. So comfortable. Thousand times better than that damned wooden door.

 

“You’re burning,” whispered Yoona as she enveloped the tanned woman in her embrace.

 

“’M sorry,” mumbled Yuri.

 

Yoona knew it wasn’t for her sickness. She nodded slowly. “I’m sorry, too.”

 

“We’re okay?”

 

“Yes.” Yoona placed a gentle kiss at Yuri’s temple as she began to rock them back and forth slowly. “We’re always okay.”

 

“I didn’t mean it when I said that I hate you,” muttered Yuri, nuzzling against the other’s hair. “You know that, right? I could never hate you. Couldn’t even face a cold without you. You know that…”

 

Yoona chuckled heartily and tightened her embrace. “I know, Yul. I know.”

 

They were letting off some steams. Frustrations. From their job, from things, from people, from the world really.

 

“Were you, for a split of second, ever really mad at me?” whispered Yuri faintly.

 

Yoona hummed, softly threading her hand through Yuri’s locks. “Only that we have to do this when you’re not feeling well.”

 

“Yoona?”

 

“Yes?”

 

Yuri sighed, as if what she was about to say contradicted greatly about what she really felt inside.

 

“Let’s move to bed. You’ll be tired for standing too long.”

 

“And here I thought I should be the one worrying over you,” teased Yoona, pulling back to see the other’s face. Yuri opened her eyes, brows immediately furrowed in concern when doe eyes meet brown orbs.

 

“Did I… make you cry?”

 

Yoona sniffed, but shook her head. “No. Just… maybe I’m feeling insecure too. And maybe the world is just being too much, and I feel like the weight in my shoulders is getting heavier each passed day.”

 

“Yoong?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Yuri squeezed her fingers gently. “I love you.”

 

“I…”

 

“I know.” Yuri smiled, “I’m sorry.”

 

Yoona swallowed.

 

“This’s going to be really uncool, but… can you help me walk to our room?” asked Yuri softly, “You’re kinda growing a second head in my vision right now.”

 

“Of course.”

 

Yoona went to the other’s side and slid her arm around Yuri, carefully looping Yuri’s other arm around her shoulder.

 

“Just tell me if I’m walking too fast, okay?”

 

Yuri nodded.

 

Yoona swallowed once again. “And…”

 

“I know, Yoong,” Yuri interrupted. “I know that you’re sorry. Both of us are. Tonight is not the best we ever had, but it helped. It helps my frustration to go. I hope it helps you t—”

 

And the rest of the speech was sealed with Yoona’s lips against Yuri’s. Softly, innocently, sincerely. Yoona pulled back after ten seconds.

 

“I love you too.”

 

“Whoa.” Yuri blinked, trying to form a frown but holding a grin instead. “You know, I was trying to keep you away from my lips because I’m sick. My lips aren’t safe. Bacteria, viruses, and all that bad guys.”

 

“But you are safe, unnie.” Yoona whispered, leaving a peck at the other’s cheek before beginning to bring them to walk together. “You lift these weights off my shoulders. You give me a chance to blow up without worrying about damage control.”

 

“As long as you cuddle me to sleep, that’s enough damage control,” Yuri lightly joked, smiling as a two-headed Yoona laughed at her words.

 

“How many heads do I have now?”

 

Yuri blinked, trying to get an accurate answer out of careful observations. “Two and a half.”

 

"Splendid," Yoona hummed. “We would’ve to change that.”

 

“I hate medicine.”

 

“Is that a whine that I hear?”

 

"Kwon doesn't whine," Yuri groaned. “It’s called self-deserved-pity.”

 

Yoona chuckled lightly. They continued their small steps in comfortable silence, approaching their room, knowing how they’d spent the rest of their night.

 

 

Sick? How sick was she that she dared to argue with our Yoongie?

You know what, Seohyun, I think you know more than you let on. Now I'm curious, but you're probably preparing to bed already, don't you? Sleep well, maknae. You know I love you, right?

 

If you remember to send me reviews, then you could. I'll make sure to read them and give feedback, although I'm not the best person in that matter.

Missing all of you as much as JJ does.

- J

 

 

Whoa, J, I don't think JJ misses us that much and it offends me that you miss us only that much.

I'm definitely curious about Yoona and Yuri too. They're weird. I mean, I know I'm weird, but they're weirder than me. I couldn't fathom their bond and for the life of me I don't think I should.

(In case you haven't been able to tell from my dramatic words, this's Hyohyo at your service again!)

Are you giving our maknae homework? *gasp* How dare you!

To punish you, I'd tell Yoona that you're going to call Yuri tomorrow. Or the other way around. So that you could witness their weird dynamic too. I mean, I know we've been together for years, but still. *sighs* One time they're arguing, later they're all sorry and closer than before. It freaks me out. Seohyun starts to rub off on me and this one weirdness freaks me out!

Or maybe I only need some more sleep.

Wishing you a good night sleep (don't talk to Tae too long on phone!) and here's hoping I actually don't make you laugh too hard with this reply.

- H

 

 

Yoona’s gaze fell on Yuri’s lips once again as they arrived in front of their door.

 

“Nuh-uh, Yoong. My lips aren’t safe. Bad guys, remember.”

 

Yoona smiled. “But you’re safe, unnie. You always are.” And to emphasize her point, she leaned in to take Yuri’s lips in hers. She smiled when the other reacted to the kiss, making it last a tad bit longer than the first. As they broke off, Yoona shook her head at Yuri’s opened mouth.

 

“I mean it, unnie. You’re safe."

 

Yuri blinked.

 

Yoona added with a smile, "You’re my safe place.”

 

Safe place.

 

Yuri liked the sound of it, and she appreciated the way her vision didn’t blur and let her see a one-headed Yoona as she heard the words.

 

Yuri swallowed and opened , “You…”

 

This time, it was Yoona who interrupted.

 

“I know.”

 

Really, Yoona knew. Yuri knew that Yoona knew, too. That despite of the eventful night, they were still each other’s safe place.

 

Had always been.

 

Would always be.

 

And that's how they liked it to be, so that's how they would be.

 

 

 

END

 

Omake

"Yoong?"

"Yeah? Does the medicine taste like Hell?"

"That's—well, yes, but that's not it."

"Then?"

"You know that tomorrow I'll have to make a phone call to Jess, right?"

"I know. I'll help you."

"Or maybe you'll sell me to Satan because you enjoy seeing me all flustered when Jess is on fire."

"Yul."

"Yoong."

"I will help you and let's not argue over this."

"......fine."

"Are you sulking?"

"No."

"Then why are you suddenly turning your back on me?"

"So you could spoon me from behind?"

"*sigh* That's... fine."

"Mmhmm."

"Yul?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"I lo—"

"I love you more and let's not argue over this."

"......Yuri unnie."

"Alright, doctor, I'm going to shut up now and sleep."