Final.

You End, And Me

Small note: The italics font is Raina's point of view. The bold italics font is Kai's point of view. Also, please listen to Raina's You End, And Me while reading^^
 



I've been standing in front of the train station
for a while. I have a bad feeling today.
I was tossing and turning all night, I haven't slept well
If this goes on, I don't think I can smile brightly for you

Raina wakes up in a bad mood. She obviously didn't sleep well last night, judging from her gloomy expression and bags that formed under her eyes. She blinked twice and looked around her tiny childish room. 

The young woman sighed and went out of bed, doing her daily morning routine then lazily eats her breakfast. 

Plopping down on the couch, she list down the things she needed to buy to re-stock the almost empty refridgerator. 

Raina scratches her head in confusion. She decided to stop listing and ought of buying food in her own free will.

Sighing, she checks her phone and opened her SNS account, seeing various news from things she didn't care about. Tapping on the gallery icon, she found herself staring at the photo of the two of them, smiling happily with the signature V sign. Her brows furrowed and immediately turned off her phone.
Just then, she recieved a text message from none other than him.

(Hello?)
I came outside, I'm on my way
Wait there, I'll be there soon
There's not a lot of traffic
What? What are we gonna do? Let's meet first

Raina walks around the city, carefully taking a look at her surroundings. When she arrived infront of the desired destination of their meeting place, she sighed as she reminisce those times. The cafe they used to spend alot of time, the very place was owned by their closest friend. They used to spend their dates there together, but time has passed and the two rarely see each other because of so many reasons.

Raina tapped her fingers impatiently and nervously. After awhile, he arrived at last. She was nervous meeting him again after a long time.

Today is a special day, I'll tell you
Today is the last day we meet
Why all of a sudden? No, I thought about this a lot
Our love was on fire but now I'm unhappy
The midsummer night's honey-like times have come
to an end. There's no umbrella next to you now
You'll be alone now in the rain

"Hyerin," He sat down infront of her and stared at her intensely.
"It's been awhile. How are you?" She gave him a small smile and replied with a 'Im fine, what about you?' to which he just stayed silent for awhile.
She sighed and crossed her arms, asking, "Did you miss me?"
He shrugged, "Sometimes? I don't really know. Sorry," 
"I see." The older nodded and looked away. 
"Hyerin, i don't think we can continue this relationship any further," She remained silent and stared at his black orbs. She clenched her fist and bit her lower lip in nervousness. 
The younger inhaled deeply and breathed, "Let's end this, now."

I know you're joking, I know you the best
You're not this kind of person
(you're so cold, you're so cold-hearted)
Hey stupid, I think it'll be harder and harder to endure
Stop joking around, you're making me nervous, stop it

Raina laughed in disbelief. "So the spark is gone?"
"Basically, yes."
"You promised me you will never leave my side."
"I was busy."
"You promised me you will always text me or call me"
"Like i told you, i was busy lately." He exhaled in annoyance. 
"You promised me whatever pathetic excuses you would make wouldn't change your love for me. You promised me, you will love me forever."
"Promises are meant to be broken and there is no 'forever'." She scoffed and kicked the table leg underneath.

Why are you being annoying?
I'm sick of your attitude
I'm not joking so please leave now
I have no strength to catch you when you fall
My body may be next to you
but my heart isn't with you

"Can't you just be honest with me?" She pleaded as she raised her tone in her voice.

It wasn't always like this,
I never even got mad at you
But the more time passed,
the more I felt suffocated
Little by little, being with you
became something I hated
I felt like this every day,
so let's break up now

"I guess it's time i let out everything now." He sighed in defeat.

Think about it one more time
How can we break up?

No, it's over now
I pretended I still loved you and cared for you
But now I don't even have our memories anymore

"To simply put it into short words, i don't love you anymore."

What was I to you?
You're so cruel, I hate one-sided things
How could you so coldly turn around?
Hold on (what?) You're joking right? (No?)

Look at me, listen to me
I already said everything I wanted,
I have no need to hear you out
It's over now and there's no need to see each
other again.
Please, do you mean it? (It's over)
You're my everything
My heart still flutters like it's the first time
What do I do when tomorrow comes?

"Jongin, i love you." She hugged him from behind as she let out all of the tears she had been holding back for awhile. 

The younger carefully pushes her away and grips on her shoulders. He shot her a concerned look and finally said, "This is the end. There's no turning back when reality slaps you in the face," He chuckles at the ironic saying. "Goodbye, Hyerin." Jongin slowly places his lips on hers. And she felt as if it was a longing and unforgetful kiss. This was their last kiss. It's very shocking and unbelieveable just thinking about it.

Tell me you're joking, please don't do this
I'll be better (it hurts so much, it's so sad)
Let's talk again tomorrow
I think it'll be harder and harder to endure
Don't lie
go back and tell me honestly

I've been standing in front of the train station
for a while. I have a bad feeling today...

 

 

 

 


I know, it's very uninteresting 누_누
I just interpreted the lyrics in one of the tracks of Raina's solo debut album, 'You End, And Me'. Her album is 'Reset', FYI. I didn't really research much about the meaning of the song but i know it was deep. Ha.
Kai and Raina cause they are my ultimate biases. Hearing Raina's soothing voice melts my heart >.< Kya~
(She deserves to be well-known in both After School and Orange Caramel, to be honest!)
Comment? Upvote? Subscribe? I don't know...

Ah! Also! Don't be afraid to tell me if there were grammatical errors or misuse of words in the story. Cause i'm still learningㅋㅋㅋㅋ