Ch.1: Deal? Sealed...

Playing Unfair (Manager/Student+Fan VS EXO)

"I can't believe it! Are you that stupid?!" Nana's oppa, Park Hyuk, slapped down her recent report card she had received today at school. Nana sighed.

"C'mon oppa. It's only a B- on English, math, and physics. Not that big a deal!" Nana threw her hands up in the air, making a giant rainbow.

"That's not the point Nana. You only have a year left of high school and your grades as a junior are so damn crucial, do you get me?!"

"I can make up the loss credits later or maybe in college as a freshman. Saems have been ranting about it for weeks in class already!"

"Look at it though! A B-!" Hyuk pointed both of his hands violently at the report card lying open on the living room table, separating both of them in the middle.

"Oppa, I managed to pass them anyways! Can't we just settle with that thought in mind and move on?!" Hyuk paused to run his fingers on both sides of his scalp, messing the once neatly combed strands away. And when he did, Hyuk held out his index finger and started to shake it back and forth at his yodongsaeng.

"Oho you... You are so grounded!" Nana gaped at her oppa. She felt her whole body crumble to the ground except for her head, leaving her staring at him from the cement. She stared at him as if he was nuts.

"You can't ground me! You're not my dad!"

"Oh but I can. Dad's already been informed and he's on his way home from New York by tonight." Nana's mouth dropped open wide. Nana knew that she's in trouble big time. He had only been sent half way across the world in order to seal the deal with another company for this project both of the presidents are working on together.

"I will be back in one week. So don't bother me or anything because this is really important for your dad."

 

And the worst part was: he just left three days ago...

 

 

(Unknown POV)

 

"You want us to what?!" I demanded, slamming the door behind me as I marched towards the CEO's desk, where the president calmly sat and patiently taking in all the words. He opened his mouth to answer the fuming raged boy.

"I want you to add more hours to your schedule. The concert was-"

"A success! Yes so isn't that enough to let us take a break?!" The president scoffed.

"Your manager informed me that you are still not putting enough effort to your practices and the others are all slacking off."

"President, I contradict. We've put enough effort to come back as a whole once more, releasing Call Me Baby mvs and practicing choreography, as well as trying to supress any rumors from going out. Yet you still call all of that slacking off?"

"Baekhyun-ssi with Taeyeon made you lose some fans, even when the two members left. I still call all of your actions slacking off. Now obey already for once."

I gritted my teeth. This has been the fifth time President brought up the "adding more hours" to our schedule talk. At first, we came as a whole. Hyung seemed to agree with it, but some of us didn't. It's always been like that since Luhan and Kris hyungs left the group. No one can come to a solid agreement and with that, it's slowly separating a few of us apart even further.

Especially the Chinese members. Tao recently hurt his muscles from doing whatever he does in order to get stronger and also assure that he will be staying in EXO along with Lay. I couldn't help but feel really sorry for the two. 

President sees that past. Which probably brings me back up to the final conclusion that he is starting to get onto my nerves. For the last time.

this. There's no use.

"Fine. I'll tell everyone about it," I clenched my fists tightly digging each of my nails into my palms.

The president smirked.

"There's the machine that I know. Now I'll be seeing you guys working even harder tomorrow. Good luck," he cheered.

What an .

 

 

(Nana)

Her stomach felt queasy as she remained sitting down on the couch in the living room, waiting impatiently slash nervously for their dad to come in, expecting a fumed expression on his face at the same time. Hyuk sat by the arm rest of the couch with his arms crossed but remained calm and expressionless.

If having to have a nagging father isn't enough, living underneath a stone cold brother who only cares about college and grades (not to mention doesn't give a crap about love) is even worse. As in "there were times she tried to dig a grave for herself and that becomes her permanent residence" bad. Nana loves her brother, yet she can't tell whether he does too only just has a funny way of showing.

"Where is dad?" he muttered silently, but loud enough for her to hear. Nana rolled her eyes to cover up her nervousness.

"Don't be such a stuck up prince, oppa. Or people will think that you have a daddy complex." That was meant to be only inside her head. Unfortunately Hyuk's expression vexed and his jaw muscles tightened. He didn't say anything nor did Nana add anymore to what she just said.

She actually did think at first. As a joke at least. 

The silence surrounded the both of them and it was unbearably heavy. It would've seemed like six hours has passed already, to wait this long was getting ridiculous for Nana and Hyuk.

"He's..."

"Don't even say the last bit, Nana. Just shut up."

Pause.

"He's la-"

"I swear to all holy things. Shut the up."

Five second silence.

"Late."

Hyuk took a shaky, sharp breath in and turned his head towards his sitting sister, who was trying her hardest not to laugh out loud.

"I hope dad even takes away your phone, laptop, iPad, and maybe even the windows from your room." 

Nana gasped, loss for her words.

"Oh you know what mister! I will!!" The door slammed close. Nana froze from her spot.

"Dad's home."

 

 

 

 

 

Part 2 

(author's note: hello. author-nim here. if i could bother you for a second with this message, i would really like to hear what you guys think of the story so comment on below. it would really help me a lot. vote and fan! and also, it is up to you guys to guess who the unknown person was above. there will be a lot of pairings in this story so i hope you guys look forward to it. let's get started then?)

 

Two things parents don't look forward to from their kids: school and phones. At least, coming from Nana's father that is. Mr. Park is a healthy man of fifty and is said to be look up to for his intimidating, yet cool presence. But Nana knew better. And she knows that when it comes to B minuses, the intimidating level of his dominates the cool.

Therefore, here he sits enraged across from her, with Hyuk now on his side of the arm rest enjoying his sister's blood rushed face. Her dad didn't move a muscle but his eyes moved down at the open report card and then back at his daughter. He had been doing that for at least five minutes, which were five minutes of pure quietness of torture for Nana.

She didn't speak nor did Hyuk because he was still too busy smiling. 

Finally, her dad parted his lips and cleared his throat sharply.

"So. What is the meaning of this?" Nana kept her gaze on the report card, did not even dare to look up.

"You know how many times I've told you already that I do not accept such grades underneath this roof. How long are you going to keep this up, Nana?" His tone changed from angry to almost yelling.

"Dad, I-"

Her dad raised up a hand.

"I don't want any more excuses. I need real answers this time. Don't you care about your future? What to do in college? Or rather, what you want to do in life?"

Nana pursed her lips. In all honesty, she wasn't like most of the honors kids in her classes who've already been blabbing non stop about where they're going for college or what majors they're taking. She's just Nana, a student.

"I don't know yet, dad." Nana clutched onto her skirt uniform tightly, waiting for her dad to answer. She slightly looked up from the table to get a good glance at her father's expression.

"What do you mean you don't know yet?! You have to know!" he yelled. Nana flinched at every single word. 

"I can't have a daughter who's always in her room all the time watching boy groups and screaming like a maniac in the house. Our reputation will be ruined!" Nana swallowed guiltily. It's true. In addition to being a different kind of honors student, she prefers to listen all day to KPOP, locked inside her room and on Viki or Dramafever or any websites where KPOP related videos are on.

"But dad! They're only B minuses! I passed!" 

Her dad hissed silently between his closed teeth. Nana fell silent.

"Only B minuses?! Do you think the word "only" is accepted when you need to get into the medical fields, law, or business?!" No words came out from Nana. Hyuk continued to smirk, but hiding his expression from time to time.

"But I'm not interested in them, dad! You should know that by now that they are not of my interests!"

"Since when were there interests under this house? You, my children, only need to carry on the prestigious background we have for the public's sake!" Nana's face hardened, but could not find words to come back.

"I-"

"Stop, Nana. Just stop already. This is the last straw. I will have to talk to your teachers about giving you extra homework over the sum-"

"KPOP!" Nana exclaimed. Mr. Park paused and now it was Hyuk's turn to have his face turn flushed red.

"What?"

Nana felt her heart beat fast, along with the adrenaline being pumped throughout her veins, sweat through her brows and palms and uncontrollable inner organ spasms, affecting her muscles to do the same. It's been a long time since she has let out her true feelings in front of her family. Usually, she would keep everything to herself and if she were noticed by anyone, she wouldn't mind.

Confronting her actions and personal details and what makes her Nana couldn't be even more nervewrecking than oral presentations day in elementary when she accidentally mispronounced sheep for and pooh for poop. How? Don't ask. She'd rather not.

Not at the moment when she's currently in the middle of a battlefield battling the father titan and her being the human to save mankind. Nana readied herself, gathering her every ounce of strength and words.

"I want to be a singer like my favorite artists and audition in entertainments. That's my dream." Her shaky breath let out each word. She used up her determination to stare back at her father's intimidating eyes.

 

(Unknown)

"You did what?!" I shouted at the speaker. It was nighttime and thinking about spending underneath the sky in the park after running should've made me calmer than ever before. But after the interruption of the phone as well as the voice speaking on the other line just drained away that one and only happy thought in my head.

"It's been settled. I figured your manager had to leave." I opened my mouth, obviously shocked at what President laid out on me: manager-nim got fired.

"But was that even necessary?! Why did you fire her? She was doing okay!" 

There was a small pause.

"No she wasn't. She was on the verge of being labeled as a scandal on the news front page in public." I rolled my eyes and let out a cold breath.

"What the hell do you even mean?" I shoved my other hand angrily inside my jacket pocket, resuming my walk now down back to the dorms. The scenery I've always wanted to admire was behind me and I was unable to look back. How many more months, I wonder, must I go through in order to give back to our fans (or more to my fans)? I don't know.

Since 2012, I think I've lost count already.

"You see, this is why I told you you need to practice your hours and priorities. Along with the rest of the members as well." The president's tone suddenly changed to something more dark and ominous. I stopped walking to hear what he had to say properly.

"She was pregnant. And apparently she confessed that you're the dad." My heart felt as if it just dropped a million miles down the ground. Immediately, I was loss for words. My muscles suddenly weakened against my will and widened my eyes at the shocking news. Pregnant?! How could she be?!

I don't remember having with her. Unless...

"Being a machine is better than being the one who has to accept the consequences after acting against being a machine. Remember that well. Have a good night."

Beep.

Pregnant?!

 

(Nana)

"Please don't ask my teachers! I will do anything just to get out of it!" Nana begged her dad on her knees literally as she saw him walking towards their home phone on top of the kitchen counter. Her father narrowed his eyes at her.

"What did you expect? Believe what you said about being a singer and have me say okay? You must be crazy." Hyuk chuckled and made his way out of the living room, up to his bedroom where he will then satisfy himself to homework.

"Yes! I mean no. NO. Dad please! Just don't. I will do anything over the summer but school work or anything school related at all!" Mr. Park paused for a slight moment, taking a good look at his daughter. Nana was on the oak wood floor on her knees, looking up at him as he walked next to the phone, ready to pick it up.

"Mom would've wanted me to do it!" Nana added. Her dad's face hardened in color white and slammed his hands together on the counter.

"Don't... Don't mention your mom." He snapped. Nana looked taken aback and sighed shakily.

"Please dad. Please."

Mr. Park then tapped his fingers on the counter while still looking at his daughter. Nana didn't look up now but down on the floor, hiding away her saddened expression at the thought of her mom. Mrs. Park had always been so supportive of the both of them (Nana and Hyuk) with their dreams no matter what they were. She would calm down her husband when he's stuck in troubling times and performed her best to the max of being both a housewife and a teacher for her own children.

Only when Nana had become a junior and Hyuk graduating from college, at the same time accepted to a medical center in the heart of Seoul, their mother died on her own bed in the bedroom. It turned out that she had been hiding the fact that she had a very weak heart and refused to ever tell anyone about it, even her husband.

The remaining memories of her remained suppressed (Mr. Park's rules) until now when it's most crucial. Nana stayed by her mother's side whenever she had the chance to: before school, after school, weekends, breaks, holidays and again. So the separation was difficult indeed.

Nana's father's expression cool down. He helped raise her daughter up back her feet and sighed.

"I can't help but still wonder why. Of all the careers, being a singer had to be your dream?" Nana sniffled.

"It reminds me of mom. And it's the only way I can still stay connected with her." Mr. Park breathed in shakily and nodded.

"Alright. Tomorrow, we're going to SM Entertainment. I have to have a talk with the CEO." Nana's dad brushed away on her shoulders and lifted up her chin to meet her teary gaze.

"But that doesn't mean you're still off the hook. You're going to be taking over a rather special position tomorrow there for work." He added, clearing his throat after. Nana squinted her eyes and tilted her head a bit to the side.

"What is it?"

 

(Unknown)

"So that's it? She's done for?" I clarified with the president once more. CEO-nim nodded, folding his hands together, placing his elbows on the table, then leaning forward as he spoke.

"You should know that love is forbidden between the managers and idols. Even you should know that fairly well." I gritted my teeth. The urge to end this conversation by thrashing everything I could find in the room was unbearably too strong to erase from my mind. The view of it was spectacular.

"I know. I know." I repeated. CEO examined the papers on top of his desk and cleared his throat. Then he took away his eyes from the papers and looked up at me.

"Don't worry. I'm sure we'll have everything back together tomorrow. A special friend of mine is coming over tomorrow. So best behavior got it?" I clenched my fists tightly to balls and nodded forcefully. The president smiled, sending me off with a wave of his hand.

I followed. Out the door I walked, letting the door close by itself behind me. I already knew it. Love between workers is forbidden and we had to maintain control of it. It's still a wonder as to how we've come this far to writing love song when we don't even know how to feel it because it's not allowed.

 

 

Whoever that special person is... I won't really give a about who it is. That I believe in strongly with all my heart. That at least, I can fall in love with, for the thought is too menacingly beautiful. 

 

 

 

End of Chapter One. Deal? Sealed. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day! Please comment on what your thoughts are. And relate..? students haha. Also don't forget to subscribe and fangirl. Byeee

:)