Final

Fairy Tale

In this world, without people's knowing, there is variety of creatures, living with and between them.

Human, elf, wolf, and vampire

For humans, they believed such creature as vampire, elf, and wolf, didn't exist. They are stupid to believe that all of those creatures are all in a stupid fairy tale, when certainly they are living and behaving like a normal human being.

As a human, Irene was not stupid to believe that such creatures didn't exist. Of course she wouldn't be surprised if she met one, because, all of her life, she had been living with a wolf herself.

"Seulgi ya! Wake up!!" She shook her childhood friend's body violently, trying to wake the lazy girl up.

Right, she had been friends with a half human and half wolf all of her life. Kang Seulgi, was her name. Believe it or not, ever since they're child, they had been playing together since they're neighbours.

But for a human girl, when Irene was 8, she wasn't even shocked when Seulgi transformed into those brown haired animal right in front of her. It was weird, Seulgi told her, she should've been scared or surprised, but she was just showing her this straight face.

Irene knew that was coming though. Even when she was a child, she liked to observe even to the smallest detail of everything, and she found some weird things from Seulgi.

"Okay okay, I got it!" Seulgi groaned, she opened her eyes slightly, but closed it again, because she was blinded by the sunlight. "Can you please close the curtain?" She asked with her eyes closed tightly.

"Don't be such a baby ka- ahhh!" Irene shrieked when suddenly Seulgi pulled her by her wrist to the bed.

"Or you can stay in bed with me for the rest of the day" Seulgi mumbled, hugging the girl on top of her by her waist.

Irene blushed, Seulgi's warmth radiating even warmer than a blanket would. That's what Irene found weird from Seulgi, her temperature was too warm for a human.

"Kang, let's just get up now okay?" Irene said, trying to push herself away from Seulgi who was lying still with her eyes closed and her arms around Irene's waist. Her strength though, was like an ant compared to Seulgi's, and that's the second reason Irene found her weird, her strength was too strong for a normal human girl.

Seulgi shook her head cutely, earning a chuckle from Irene. How could this cute beautiful girl transform into that big strong creature?

"We have classes today Seulgi ya"

"What time is this?" She asked, still with her eyes closed.

"Hmm, we're 30 minutes late"

".... WHAT?!"

....

"You didn't even tell me that we're late" Seulgi sighed when both of them arrived at the university.

"Well, you didn't listen to me, lazy bum" By now, both of them had missed one morning class.

"Whatever, we have an hour to our next class, I'll buy you something, you wait for me at the field okay?" Seulgi didn't even wait for a reply as she ran to the cafeteria.

Irene shrugged before walking to the field, watching students playing basketball. Not long after that, she found herself day dreaming about her friendship with Seulgi. She was too deep in her thought that she didn't see the ball heading her way, ready to hit her right on the head.

Just when she realized that a ball was coming her way, suddenly a strong wind blew her and the next thing she saw after blinking her eyes was a girl, holding the ball in her hands.

Irene gasped in surprise, so did the other people there.

The pale girl threw the ball to the guys. She then averted her gaze to Irene.

When their eyes met, Irene found herself so hard to breathe. This girl, in front of her, was certainly not a human being. Her eyes were blue, her skin was pale, her hair was blonde, and her lips were blood red.

The things is, this creature in front of her, was not alive. She.. was cold, not only her gaze, but her temperature, it was completely opposite from Seulgi's warm one.

Irene knew when this girl saved her, that she was something else, she was fast, pale, dead, and.. intimidating.

"So, you know what I am. Well, that's a first for a pretty girl like you" the pale girl in front of her said. Even her accent sounded so different.

"Wh-what?" Irene was definitely taken a back.

"You know what I am" the girl repeated, taking a step closer to Irene's stiff body. She's even stiffer than a statue that time, she didn't know whether because it's her first time seeing a girl like her, or it's because the girl's intimidating presence that made her stiffened.

Irene gulped, feeling ran dry. "Y-yeah"

The girl smirked before she leaned in to her neck. Irene stayed still the whole time, she was afraid if she moved a single finger, she would passed out.

"Your neck looks so delicious" she stated, making Irene felt even more intimidated and scared than before.

"Shame, I don't human's blood, else you would be my dinner every night" The girl pulled herself away from Irene and stared at her eyes with a smirk on her face.

Irene was blushing. She didn't know how to interpret that sentence, really. She didn't know whether to be flustered or terrified.

"My name's Son Wendy by the way, Bae Joohyun-ssi" she smiled before walking away from the place. When Wendy was out of sight, Irene released the breath she had been holding all that time. Yes, that girl was THAT intimidating.

"Hey, did you just talk to someone?" Irene turned her head to found Seulgi holding a plastic bag, she didn't even realize Seulgi was standing there.

"Yeah... Seulgi ah, it's my first time seeing someone like her, I-"

"Vampire.. right?"
....

So now, Irene had met all the creatures in the world, Wolf that's Seulgi, Elf that's the evil and naughty freshmen Joy with her younger sister Yeri, and the one she had just seen and talked to a while ago, Vampire that's Wendy.

She was now afraid, afraid that she would meet the girl again. Those intimidating feeling she got whenever she was around Wendy was so hard to take that she had trouble breathing and her heart seemed to stop beating.

To add up more reasons, Wolves hated Vampires, so did Seulgi, she hated vampires.

"Gosh, you had to know that those cold blood creatures blood and kill humans!" Seulgi reasoned when Irene asked her about it.

"Well, she's indeed scary, but she said that she didn't human's blood.." Irene said, "else she would have me as dinner.. stop it!" The older girl shook her head to remove those words from her brain. She was blushing again and certainly, Seulgi didn't like it.

Call wolves dumb and stupid, but she was not that stupid to realize that something happened between Irene and that vampire.

"Hey, do you like her?" Seulgi asked, her voice was dangerously low. Her eyes started to glow yellow in anger. First lesson, never make a wolf jealous and angry.

"What? No Seulgi! Hey, don't be angry, I wouldn't like her, I was just saying that she was really intimidating and scary!" Irene panicked when she saw the change in Seulgi, from her eyes to her nails.

Seulgi didn't believe her, of course. She was looking around, searching for the one who had a different scent from human.

Irene gulped, she stood up and rushed to Seulgi's side before hugging her right arm. "Seulgi yaaa" she called her with the cutest voice she managed to make. Irene smiled when Seulgi's body starting to loosened up. "Seulgi yaa, I was just saying things, you know I don't like her" she continued.

"Really?" Even though her body had loosened up and her nails had gone to normal, her eyes were still wandering around, and glowing yellow.

Irene pouted, she then leaned in and pecked the girl's cheek. "Look at me when I'm talking"

Seulgi immediately turned her head to her, her eyes turning into a normal dark brown. "You're scary when you're angry, Seulgi ya" she pouted, hoping that Seulgi wouldn't lose control again.

Seulgi then grinned with her blushing cheeks, her right cheek was still burning from the kiss, "of course I won't be angry again, I'm sorry"

"Better" Irene grinned.

And sometimes Seulgi felt so weak when there's Irene beside her.

....

The next day she went to the university, she prayed to herself that she wouldn't see or even meet Wendy today, since Seulgi had the afternoon class and she had the morning one alone (Seulgi was such a lazy bum, that is).

But all of her prayer scattered down when Wendy was now standing in front of her in the hallway.

"I'm sorry to scare you, but really, do you have to be that scared to meet me?" Wendy asked with those smirk.

Irene gulped, if Seulgi was here anytime, she would be a dead meat.

"So, it's the wolf huh? Well, you're not even her gf, why did you have to worry over a stupid wolf?"

"She's not stupid" Irene said even without her knowing.

"Well, don't blame me" Wendy raised her two hands. She smirked before her eyes travelled up and down from Irene's head to toe.

"You look beautiful and delicious as usual"

Irene gulped, feeling herself tensed up. Her breath hitched when Wendy touched her chin. "And you're cute". Her body then weakened when Wendy trapped her between her and the wall. She leaned in to her neck and inhaled, "you smell so good"

"W-wendy I have class and.." Irene tried to reason with her weak and shaky voice.

"You're already late, miss Bae, there's no need for you to attend it" Wendy chuckled before trailing small kisses from Irene's neck to her jawline. Irene gulped, "what the heck is going on right now?" She thought, closing her eyes tight, feeling thrilled. Her neck was burning from the kisses, she didn't know whether she enjoyed it or scared of it.

"You bastard" she heard someone hissed before the contact from Wendy disappeared. Irene opened her eyes to found Seulgi in front of her, with the vampire being pushed to the wall across them.

"Aw, the stinky wolf is here" Wendy smirked, "I've been waiting for you cause I know that you'll always be afraid to lose your little friend right there" she chuckled.

"You disgusting blood er creature" Seulgi hissed, her nails started to grow longer, and by now Irene knew that her eyes would be glowing yellow.

"Well, I was just thinking, probably I could bring your little human home and make her my dinner. That would be delicious, don't you think?" As soon as she finished her words, Seulgi ran to her and tried to punch her.

But, Wendy was faster. The next thing they knew, she was standing in front of Irene, still with her smirk. "You're not my mat-" but before she could finish, Seulgi had already punched her right on the face.

Irene gasped seeing the scene. She looked around frantically, trying to seek some help, but the hallway was too quiet, since all the students were inside the class. Furthermore, there're just one or two classes this morning.

Wendy was definitely taken aback by that. She chuckled, before her eyes went red with her fangs showing. "You challenge me, filthy dog" she said before throwing herself forward with her speed.

Maybe Seulgi had bad eyesight, but she had an incredible way to smell and her fast reflexes were her strength.

But Wendy was too fast.

When Irene blinked her eyes, she saw Seulgi's upper arm bleeding, with two marks on it and her skin torn slightly. She gasped in horror when Wendy was standing there with her bloody mouth. "Your blood taste like " she said, spitting the blood on .

Just when Seulgi was about to attack Wendy, Irene was faster to hug Seulgi from behind.

Irene's strength was nothing compared to Seulgi, but to her, Irene was her biggest weakness. "Stop it Seulgi ya.. you promised me not to get mad and be like this.." Irene mumbled sadly, her head resting on the girl's shoulder.

Seulgi's tensed body, loosened up immediately. Irene’s impact was that great for Seulgi.

There was a long silence, before Seulgi turned around and intertwined their fingers together. Her eyes and nails had turned back to normal. "Right, I'm sorry" she said, wiping a single tear on Irene's cheek. The older girl was afraid, afraid of what would happen if they continued.

Wendy scoffed, "what a sight" her eyes were back to blue, and her fangs were nowhere to be seen. "I'm leaving" she said.

...

Seulgi and Irene were now in Seulgi's house, with Seulgi sitting on the couch in the living room, and Irene standing beside her, treating the wound on her arm.

"So.. what did you feel when she kiss you?" Seulgi asked after a long silence.

"Nothing" Irene said coldly. She was mad, by the fact that Seulgi broke her promise, and even worse, fighting until she got bruises.

Seulgi sighed, "hey I'm sorry.. I just.. lost control when I saw her doing that to you.."

"But you promised me" Irene frowned with her lips jutting into a pout. She bandaged her arm before taking the first aid kit and walked away to put the box back to the place in the kitchen.

Just when she closed the cupboard, she felt Seulgi hugging her waist from behind. Her warmth radiating greatly as usual, it made Irene sigh in content without even her knowing.

"I'm sorry" Seulgi mumbled, burying her face on the crook of Irene's neck. "I'm sorry, I was afraid she would hurt you" she continued.

"Get off me, it tickles!" Irene tried to push Seulgi away, but as usual, she didn't even budge an inch. They stayed right there in that position for a few minutes in silence. Irene would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy the hug. Of course she did, it was warm and sweet, and it made her giddy and fuzzy inside.

"Hey Irene, do you know why I always lost control when you're with that creature?" She asked, her voice muffled slightly since her head was still buried on her neck.

"Because Wendy is a vampire" she said. Well, there's no other reason right?

"That's not it" Irene raised her eyebrows, she felt Seulgi smiling on her neck. "They said Wolves hated Vampires, but it's not true. I didn't despise Vampires. I don't like to judge someone. But you see, Wendy, is an exception"

"Why?" Irene asked curiously.

Seulgi pulled herself away from the hug and turned the older girl around (who was about to whine from the loss of contact). "It's because she was always flirting with you, and I know you would fall for her too" she said looking straight at her eyes.

Different from Wendy, Irene didn't even feel intimidated or uncomfortable when Seulgi looked at her. Her gaze was warm, so warm that it made her wanted to look at her orbs all day long.

"And I was scared, I don't want to lose you" she smiled, tucking the older girl's hair behind her red ears.

"But.. why? I mean, we're still going to be friends, even if I'm with someone else" Irene asked obliviously with her cheeks red, she didn't even know why she was blushing.

Seulgi then chuckled, "aren't I obvious enough? I can't even imagine you with someone else Irene. That's because I love you"

"Wh-what?" Irene widened her eyes in surprise.

Seulgi's smile became a little bit sadder, "I love you" she said, "I-I mean, I know this sounds weird, but I've been in love with you ever since we're a child. At first I didn't know that, but as I grew up, I don't know what to do when you're not around. I can't imagine you marrying someone else, I just.. can't. Call me selfish, but I just wanted to spend all my life, waking up seeing your face in the morning, eating breakfast together with you, and walking next to you every single day"

She then chuckled bitterly, "but I know that sounds so impossible.."

"Why?"

"H-huh?" Seulgi looked up from the floor to found Irene staring back at her with a smile on her face.

"I don't think that's impossible at all"

"Wha-what did you mean?" Seulgi asked with hung open. She was truly confused.

"And you said I'm oblivious. How dumb of you" Irene chuckled. She then took a step closer and put her hands on Seulgi's shoulder. She tiptoed a little and pecked Seulgi's lips. "I love you too dumb wolf"

Seulgi gasped, "r-really?" Her eyes widened in glee and her cheeks were red.

Irene chuckled before wrapping her arms around Seulgi's neck, "at first, I was not sure about my feeling, and there's Wendy who confused me even more, but after you listed all of that things, I found it really nice if we could be together all the time. It made me happy without me even knowing"

"Now if you don't mind, you can kiss me" Irene smiled, winking at her.

Seulgi scoffed, "what a flirt" she grinned before leaning in.

 

___________

A/N

Something kinda crazy happens to me~