A day into my life

The childhood crush

Monday again.Why the hell do mondays come so early.Although I hated my school,still I didn't wanna miss a day.My all so very conservative mom decided to make me cross the road and waited with me and my brother at the bus stop till the bus didn't arrive.Why doesn't anybody in my country value time.If u tell me that my bus is supposed to reach the stop by 7:15 am ...it should be there at that very time,not a minute early not a minute late (even though i am the one who is always 5 min late EVERYWHERE).Irritated as always ,I landed up in the horrible bus ,where their were 3 types of people: 1)always sleeping. 2)always talking. 3)memorizing the work they were alloted in the school.Finally after a 30 min ride I landed up in school,a red bricked building which seemed huge to me ,although was much with respect to other schools in NEW DELHI.After climbing 3 floors on foot with a heavy 3kg bag ,I entered my class.Most of the times I was the first one to reach my class as bus arrived much sooner than the rest.( FYI forget to mention;in INDIA we have a different system of classes.Here we don't change our classes but it is the teachers who come to us.Every student is alloted a fixed class.).I took my usual corner seat and was ready to accept the the day was gonna offer me.(I was pretty negative in those days).The bell rang,and my class teacher entered wishing good morning to all.My one and only friend Pallak arrived after the bell rang.Although she was closest friend ,still she didn't know much about me.She was a quite and composed girl who scored good grades and was pretty much not like me.I resisted telling her secrets as her mother and mine where good firends and I didnt trust her on keeping her big mouth shut.The day for me had started when a guy started calling me behnji and began pulling my braid.Now let me expalin what this world BEHNJI means..it literally means dear sister.Although it meant that you were a pretty low class girl,who belonged to the village and wore tradiional clothes.Dude ,just because I had 2 oiled up braids and my uniform skirt was longer than the others,I was considered BEHNJI.I dont know what fun girls gained by showing of their hairy fat legs then..when parents didn't even approve of waxing.

Anyways that was an everyday thing,I didnt like the plastics and I am sure they had mutual feeling.My class teacher unlike always had a witty smile on her face and sure she had an idea.She soon proved me write when she said that our seats were about to be changed.My mind just said one thing ," don't take me out of my zone.This place is like home to me".But why would she even listen to me ;neither was I pretty nor was I her favourite.So well ,at the age when even my period hadn't started,this was a big problem for me.And someone was coming to increase it for life and beyond.