FINAL :D

Pink Camellia

  There is this boy, whose name you don't quite know, but yet he keeps on creeping through your mind. He is quiet, he is shy, he barely talks. You would observe him whenever you are bored in lessons, and you can always find a thousand reasons to like about him even in that one minute stare.

 

  All you know is that he loves to draw.

 

  "Hard working as usual..." you thought as you daydreamed and your gaze wandered off towards him. His light brown hair, his tall nose, his perfect cat-like lips...they're just perfect. You laid on your desk admiring him. 

 

  Your imaginary relationship with him soon become reality. You have been paired up with him to do an art project. The moment you heard your name right after his, your originally big eyes became twice as big as it would usually be. 

 

  You cannot believe what Mr. Kim said. "O-Okay, ______ , you have to calm down. Just...breathe..."you thought. But at least you get to know his name. You secretly thought to yourself and smiled without anyone noticing.

 

  It is finally time to go home from a tiring day of school. You happily packed your backpack and was ready to go. Just as you have stood up, you felt a tap on your shoulder. Not a strong one, but a rather gentle one. You turned around. It was him.

 

 

  "H-Hey..."He stumbled. "I-I'm Kim Jongdae.." You feel that your heart has skipped a beat. You then shyly, still trying to stay calm, said(or rather whispered )"Hi... I'm ________ ..." He become silent. The whole classroom was empty. The only ones left were you two. You feel shy when he stares at you, silent. You then tried to break the ice. "Um...may I...perhaps...help you?" "Our... art project.. "He looked down at his feet, so you cannot see his pink face.

 

  You then remembered your paired work with him, the guy you've always admired. "Oh...I remember now..." He then shuffled his feet and said sheepishly, "Do you... wanna come over to my...horse-I mean house to finish the work...?" He looked even redder than before. You giggled to yourself and said sure. 

 

  Through the walk to his house, you get to know him more. "You know, you are not as dull as I thought you were, Jongdae ssi." You joked. He looked at you and smiled, a smile that you would barely notice. "You know...you can call me Chen if you want..._______...ssi..." You smiled again, not even realising that even the smallest gesture he makes can make you smile for a whole day.

 

  "No way you live here!" You exclaimed when you guys arrived at his house. He seemed a bit confused but he nodded. "I live just down the block! You never told me we are neighbours!" "Well...to be fair...I realised this at the same time you did... " He said, scratching the back of his neck (handsome guys like to scratch the back of their necks idk why too...aaannywayyyy). You blushed. "Oh right..." you said, slapping yourself mentally. "Aish _______  _______. How stupid can you possibly be?"

 

  He opened the door. In front of you was a very neat house. The combinations of the furnitures make you feel warm. "It has his nice minty scent in here...so warm..." You thought. "_______ ssi, my room is just upstairs, make yourself comfortable...I will prepare some drinks..." "Okay Chen ssi" You smiled and turned away, not noticing his face turning pink.

 

  You flopped your backpack onto the floor and started wandering around his room. You saw pictures of him when he was small, pictures that he had taken a while ago...then something caught your attention. "He has no family pictures..." You thought to yourself. Just as you were daydreaming, Chen walked in. As if, he could read your mind, he said,"My parents...they died in a carcrash when I was nine." "Oh...I-I am so sor-" "It's okay, don't worry." He smiled warmly. It is the first time you've seen him smile so widely and warmly. But there is something in that smile, in his eyes to be precise, that tells you he is lonely.

 

  You decided to let that sad feeling slip pass, and concentrated on your project. Your project is called about flowers. You let Chen choose a flower. He picked a pink camellia almost immediately. You thought the flower looked nice and hence went with it. Little did you know, the true meaning behind it. 

 

  For the past few weeks, you and Chen walked to school together, ate lunch together...you almost spent the whole week hanging out with him. Until one Sunday evening, Chen finally anounced that your project has finished. Your heart sank. You felt empty inside, but you don't know what that feeling is. You only know that once the project is finished, you will never get another chance to talk to him again. 

 

  Later on that evening, you decided to go home. "I will...wa-walk you home, ____ie." You didnt even realise when he started calling you ______ie. It has only been a week but it felt like ages. Just like youve known each other for years. You cannot bear the thought of him leaving you and you guys not be able to talk again. Then your mind clicked. Something crossed your mind that you find the best words to describe your situation...youre in love.

 

  When you and Chen reached your front door, you suddenly cannot keep it to yourself anymore. You turned around, expecting to see Chen's back. But instead, he stood there, waiting for you to get in before he goes back home. "That's it," You said, "Chen...ssi, I have something to tell you...and if I don't tell you now, I will never have the courage to." You took a deep breath. "Chen ssi, I...I really li-" You stopped at the middle of your sentence. You were too shocked to say anything. Chen hugged you. Firmly. Telling you that this is not a dream. "_______  _____, I have always loved you, even before our project starts. Even before you started observing me from time to time in lessons, even before you noticed me. I love you _________. Will you accept me?" You stood there. Frozen. "What...what did he just say..." You mumbled to yourself. You then look at Chen, who at the same time met your eyes and shyly looked away. You finally came back to your senses and tapped him on his shoulder, gently, just like his first converstaion with you. 

 

  He turned his head to look at you. You smiled at him, whispering the word 'yes' for a lot of times. He smiled. That warm smile youve been admiring for years.