Final

Because You Smell Like Apple Candy

The first time Minseok found the blog smilesandsunshowers was when he had just finished off a bottle of wine at 9pm on a Tuesday night. He was a slightly sad sight, he knew, but hey, he had just handed in a huge research assignment and he didn’t have a class tomorrow.

He had been mindlessly scrolling through tumblr. His blog was pretty popular - baoziboy; he likes to frequently remind people it was Luhan who made it, not him. It was when he was giggling and reblogging things that he probably wouldn’t have sober, that he decided what he really needed was a secondary blog – one with a stupid name. Yeah, this was going to be great.

Snickering, he typed in the most pretentious thing he could think of into his search bar, almost forgetting to add .tumblr.com. He was almost certain nobody would actually in their right minds use smilesandsunshowers but he checked anyway.

Minseok let out a noise of awe, gawking when it came up with an actual blog. Someone actually used this url. Intrigued, he began to scroll down and it became evident very quickly that the owner of this blog was a very positive person.

The icon was a puppy (Minseok snorted), the background was a soft yellow, and he could hear the sound of rain playing in the background. Their posts – no, her posts (his intoxicated brain concluded this had to be an overly bubbly thirteen year old girl), were disgustingly happy. There was a whole range of baby animals, and inspiring quotes, and funny text posts. Although, never the sarcastic or biting ones, no, this kid had managed to reblog only funny posts about someone’s brother holding a cat in the air and singing the Lion King, or really bad puns (with the usual ‘this is terrible’s mysteriously missing on the ends). The blog was quite popular, judging by the amount of asks it received – which, by the way, were all answered happily and gently, even the hate.

One particular ask caught his eye, from an anon Why don’t you ever tell us anything about yourself?? How old are you? The reply had Minseok gaping again, >.< I’m sorry beautiful! You guys are too sweet for sticking with me anyway <3 … because you’re all so wonderful I’ll tell you I’m 19 xxxxx have a great day!!

No damn way. This chick was only four years younger than him.

In disbelief, clicked on the ask box.

baoziboy:

wwwhhhatt?? your not 19 i dont belief it

He was certain there was a spelling error or something in there, but the wine said otherwise so he clicked send, not bothering to turn on anon.

While waiting for a reply, he kept going down the blog, noting that she called herself ‘Nini’, she was Korean, and that she hadn’t posted any photos of herself. He started looking at the tags as well, scoffing occasionally at things like ‘isn’t the world just so beautiful??’ on close up pictures of sand, and ‘don’t forget to smile everyone!’ on some masterpost about cats. He hated to admit it, but this blog was kind of making him feel nice and fuzzy. Then again, that could be the ‘five dollar’ aspect of his alcohol kicking in.

Minseok scrolled back up to the top and refreshed the page, going through a quote from Einstein and a watercolour of a flower before he found the reply to his ask.

smilesandsunshine:

Haha it’s really true! :) I started college this year and everything xxxxxxx

He quickly rushed out an ask.

baoziboy:

ur to cute 4 collage . drunk ppeople will take advantag of u fjsolcm

He’s not entirely sure what he was saying (or what that last word was), but whatever it was he felt very smart for saying it. He spent the next minute or so, while waiting, giggling to himself about how great he was for protecting this too-nice girl from the evil world.

When the response came through Minseok was a bit too eager to read it.

smilesandsunshine:

Drunk people like you, perhaps? Haha :P Don’t worry I’m not all that cute so no risk there! xxxxx

Minseok frowned at the screen. What did this crazy lady mean, ‘not all that cute’. Minseok thought his brain was going to implode from the horrifyingly genuine sweetness that radiated from the blog.

baoziboy:

ur craaaazy . if u r not adorble then i hav dubble lids

Feeling very satisfied, he clicked send, before quickly sending another one;

im not doubl lided by the way im korean too that is the joke

post pic i will b the juge of ur cutness

He meant to stay awake and keep talking to ‘Nini’, but he could feel his eyes slipping shut against his will. Before long, his face was smushed into the keyboard and his brain was slipping into unconsciousness. Goddamn he was such a lightweight.

 

+++++

 

Minseok was woken by a loud thudding on the door. He knew it would be Jongdae, and he decided to wait it out until he decided to use his own key. He heard the turning of locks and he lifted his head to meet eyes with Jongdae, knowing for sure there would be the imprints of the keyboard on his face.

“Wow man. You are a beauty.” Jongdae laughed, walking over to Minseok. He swiped the bottle of wine off the table, tutting. “This doesn’t even have a label. How do you manage to find stuff this cheap?”

Minseok merely groaned, dropping his face into his hands. Jongdae heaved him out of the chair and kicked him towards his wardrobe, stating that they were going to be productive today whether he liked it or not.

He reluctantly grabbed some clothes and his toiletries, heading to the communal showers. He admittedly felt a lot better once he was clean and in fresh clothes, although he’d never admit it to Jongdae. When he walked back into the room, the man in question was looking at Minseok’s laptop, chuckling at whatever he was reading.

“Oh no, that’s fine. Who needs privacy right?” he said, although he liked Jongdae too much for him to actually be annoyed. “What are you looking at?”

Jongdae turned the laptop to face him with a grin. “Does the blog ‘smilesandsunshowers’ ring any bells?”

Minseok scrunched his nose, recalling the blog from last night. “Yeah, stupidly happy all the time, right?” He leaned into see what was on the screen, and groaned when he saw his asks on the blog. “I’m never going on tumblr drunk ever again.”

“The whole internet ships you two now, just so you know.”

“What.” He squinted at the screen, cursing his terrible vision. “What the hell?” he muttered when in the corner of the reply to his “ur to cute 4 collage” ask, he spotted a ‘1256’. “Why in god’s green earth have a thousand people liked that?”

“Feel free to check the tag ‘baoni’.” Minseok ripped his laptop from Jongdae’s grasp and quickly typed it into the search bar.

“Oh no.” It appeared, that Minseok’s and Nini’s followers had decided they were either going to get together or already had. Minseok trawled through the tag in horror, seeing everything form overexcited text posts (“baoni im actually going to cry THIS IS PERFECTION”) to emotional headcannons (“but guys… like imagine they’d probably take day trips to zoos because nini wanted to and baozi wouldnt be able to say no and someone hold me”) to… “Is that fanfiction!?” Minseok exclaimed, spotting a conspicuous link to archiveofourown with the caption: guys i did it.

“I ship it.” Jongdae remarked from his bed, obviously revelling in Minseok’s anguish. “Baoni. Baozi plus Nini, I love it.”

Minseok loved his followers, he really did. They were absolutely wonderful but did they have to start shipping him with people? “I do not. This girl is like a puppy in human form. Or maybe she is a puppy with incredible typing skills.”

Ignoring Jongdae’s laughter, he continued scrolling, coming across Nini’s reply to his last ask.

baoziboy:

im not doubl lided by the way im korean too that is the joke

post pic i will b the juge of ur cutness

smilesandsunshowers:

Your eyes must be beautiful! That’s so cool we’re both Korean <3

You don’t need to see a picture of me haha xxxx

The reply had been screenshotted with the added caption: “when your fave blog drunk flirts at your second fave blog… bonus WHEN THEY FLIRT BACK!! omfg its too early for this. im going to die a happy woman”

Okay, no way was he flirting! He was just, you know, telling it how it is. And have these guys seen Nini’s blog? She talks like this all the time! No flirting here folks.

He looked at Jongdae in despair. “What do I do?”

The other shrugged. “Date her. You need to get laid.”

Minseok groaned in frustration. “Dude, this is the internet, in case you’ve forgotten. For all I know she could live in the arctic.”

“Still date her. You’re too grumpy all the time.”

Minseok picked up the closest thing to him – a pack of HB pencils – and lobbed it at the smug looking male. “I’m not dating her Dae! You’re no help.”

He clicked on his inbox, the number 146 incredibly daunting. Most of them were much the same, trying to get him to admit baoni was real and if not, telling him to make baoni real asap. He chose to ignore them for now, instead typing the dreaded url into his search bar. He wasn’t quite sure why he felt the need to check up on her, but he did it anyway. The first post on her page was an ask, and Minseok was slightly hesitant to read it.

Anonymous:

your boyf is right u should post a pic!

smilesandsunshowers:

You guys are so adorable >.< we are not dating though I swear!! We hadn’t even talked before last night :) . It seems like everyone wants to see a photo of me though :0 … should I post one then? xxxxx

Minseok scrolled down further, seeing she had received a lot of asks like this, telling her how cute she and baozi were, and telling her she should post a selfie. Although she was handling them all perfectly (Minseok wasn’t sure if he should feel admiration, because she seemed to handle everything perfectly anyway), he still felt bad for starting all of this. He clicked on her ask box, making sure he was typing in acceptable English this time.

baoziboy:

Hey… sorry about last night haha. I always forget my low alcohol tolerance until I’m too far in. Don’t feel pressured to post a pic, it’s your face after all.

He sent it off before he could decide against it, not quite sure why he was feeling so nervous. He refreshed the page a few times, ignoring the small leap his heart made when he saw she had replied.

smilesandsunshowers:

Don’t worry about it! You’re the loveliest drunk I have come across haha <3 I think I might post a selfie though. Let’s post one together! xxxx

Minseok started smiling despite himself. This woman was actually pretty neat, even though she was still too nice. He quickly sent off another ask.

baoziboy:

You’re just plain lovely, and you’re sober. Unless you’re just drunk all the time. You really want to post a selfie? I’m up for it :)

… So he may have been flirting now. She was a cool person, okay? And Jongdae was right, he was too grumpy. He just needs to flirt chat with some happy people.

Speaking of Jongdae, he had somehow snuck up on him, and Minseok almost fell out of his chair when he heard a snicker right next to his ear.

“Taking selfies are we? Never pegged you for the type.”

Minseok wacked him in the arm, mumbling a “shut up”.

He refreshed the page and ignored Jongdae’s lingering presence over his shoulder.

smilesandsunshine:

You are making me blush haha ^^ ! How about… we both post one in ten minutes, okay? xxxxx

Minseok smiled at the screen, strangely excited to see what she looked like.

baoziboy:

okay haha. i have a feeling your followers will be very happy :P

Jongdae poked Minseok’s cheek. “Do you even have any selfies?”

Minseok bit his lip. “Oh damn. Probably need to take one, don’t I?”

Jongdae clapped his hands together. “I’m the master of the selfie. You are best friends with the right person.”

“Say that again while holding my headphones you broke.”

Jongdae shushed him, and walked over to the curtains, throwing them open. “Lets get some sunshine in here. Also, go change into that black singlet. The one that makes your arms look hot.”

“Why will they be looking at my arms? Isn’t it just a face thing?”

“Oh Minseok.” Jongdae sighed, patting his shoulder. “The selfie is so much more than just a face thing. Also why wouldn’t you want to show of those arms. They’re not as good as mine but they’ll still have smilesandsunshowers drooling.”

“I don’t want to make anyone drool!”

Jongdae grinned like a shark. “Then don’t post a selfie.”

“Stop flirting with me you e.” Minseok tried to kick him in the calf and ended up tripping over.

“Come on my sweet, we’ve only got eight minutes now.”

Minseok rolled his eyes. “I – what is that.” He paused, spotting Jongdae holding suspicious looking stick.

“Eyeliner.”

“No. No it is not happening.”

Jongdae pouted at him, still advancing nearer. “Think of all those followers you have, all so eager for a good selfie. And then you post one of you in you pyjamas, with bed hair and sleep in your eyes.”

“I’m not even in my pyjamas.” He whimpered, eyeing the makeup.

“I’ll buy you good quality alcohol.”

Minseok narrowed his eyes at him. “Fine.”

Before he knew it, Jongdae had goaded him into the black singlet top (“It just makes your arms look so goooood!”), his hair was subtly styled up, and his top lids were lightly lined in black. He hated to admit it, but he actually looked pretty decent.

“Ah Minnie, you scrub up so well.” Jongdae clutched his hands to his heart . “But we only have like three minutes to actually take this photo, so hurry up.”

Deciding he could hit him later, Minseok took his phone that Jongdae pushed into his hands. “How do I even do this?”

Shaking his head, Jongdae started manhandling him, lifting a hand up to his face and turning it into a peace sign.

“Okay, now pout and blow your cheeks up a bit.”

“What are you even saying.”

“Like this!” Jongdae demonstrated, his lips making a kissy face and his cheeks puffing out slightly.

“This is going to look ridiculous.” Minseok argued.

“No you have to do this. I’ve been waiting so long for this day.”

Do it like a bandaid, Minseok. He chanted in his mind. As fast as he could, he brought the camera up to his face with the peace sign next to his eye, and made the face. He snapped the shutter a few times, before throwing the phone at Jongdae dramatically. “You post it. I can’t even look at it.”

Jongdae opened the gallery, and let out a screeching noise that made Minseok want to strangle him. “This is so cute!!”

He groaned, slumping into his chair. “Just post it already.”

Jongdae went into his tumblr app, tapping a few buttons. “You want a caption?”

“No.” He wanted this over as quick as possible. Why he let Jongdae help he wasn’t sure.

“Alright it’s done!” Jongdae squealed, hurrying over to Minseok and his laptop, clicking on his blog. The page loaded ominously, and when the picture came up, he wasn’t as disgusted as he thought he would be.

“Huh. That’s actually alright.”

Jongdae made an indignant noise in the back of his throat. “Alright? My dear friend, I have created a masterpiece.”

The post already had notes, but Minseok was more eager to see Nini’s selfie. He clicked on another tab, where her blog was already open and refreshed the page. When the picture loaded, Minseok almost screamed. “What the hell!?” he yelled, not caring that he sounded like a distressed whale and that Jongdae was on the floor in hysterics.

Nini was a boy. And not just any boy, he was a hot boy. As in, a really, really hot boy. He had soft looking brown hair, and golden tanned skin. His eyes were endearing curved up from his small smile that accentuated his insanely plump lips.

“Oh my god.” Minseok breathed, gawking at the photo. “I was flirting with a model! I was flirting with a model and he flirted back!! Jongdae help me!”

Jongdae, who was still on the floor, sniggered at his cries. “Reblog it you dumbo. You’re the one who asked for it in the first place.”

He nodded, quickly liking and reblogging it, tagging it #when the person you thought was a girl turns out to be the hottest boy ever #are jaws meant to be that sharp #someone confiscate his cheekbones.

He was certain he would regret the tags in a minute, but he was still too flabbergasted to care. He went back to his blog, seeing Nini’s photo already had over 200 likes and reblogs. Not like that was a surprise, though. It was without a doubt going to get thousands. He scrolled down to see how many his photo had gotten, and his eyes widened when he saw the number 247. “Woah, Jongdae you’re better at this than I gave you credit for.”

His head was suddenly thrown forward by a whack to the back of the head, and he turned around in astonishment. “What the hell was that for?”

“You idiot. You’re getting likes because you’re attractive.”

Minseok made a cooing noise, grabbing Jongdae’s cheeks. “Aaw, Dae-Dae you’re so sweet to this old man.” Jongdae slapped his hands away with a shudder.

He went back over to Nini’s blog, smiling when he saw that his selfie was reblogged there. He quickly read the tags: #i was right #his eyes are beautiful :0 #so is the rest of him #woah #everyone look!!!!!

He felt face heat up a bit, and he smiled as he clicked on the ask box.

baoziboy:

You’re seriously stunning. Can I know your name? Mine’s Minseok.

He tapped his fingers nervously, biting his lip. Maybe this guy didn’t really like him at all? Was he overstepping a line or something? Before he could panic any further, e went into his inbox, where Nini had replied to it privately.

smilesandsunshine:

Thank you so much. Being completely serious you could be a model if you wanted. I like your name, mine’s Jongin :)

Minseok beamed at his computer, not even caring that Jongdae was taking photos of his blushing cheeks. All he cared about in that moment was the beautiful Jongin, who was definitely starting to like a bit too much.

 

 

AN

Hope you liked it!!!!

This was inspired by this tumblr post:

http://iamnotokpop.tumblr.com/post/114933901384/exo-as-tumblr-bloggers

Also look at these two (so cute!)

Thank you for reading!! xxxxxxx