of dumb cheerleaders and cute jocks

boys love girls on top;

“he’s honestly so cute.” baekhyun sighs for perhaps the ninth time that morning, chin resting on her palm as they watched the basketball team practice. jongdae and chanyeol exchanged a knowing, snickering look by her side that baekhyun very professionally ignored whilst kyungsoo kept her attention focused in her literature book, occasional glances stolen towards the team captain.

“so you’ve told us.” jongdae hummed, cheshire cat-like grin growing on her lips as she raised her eyebrows at the older girl. “the question is, when are you getting in his pants?”

“ask him.” baekhyun huffs, lower lip jutting out in protest as her brows knit together in a soft forehead crease. “dude takes 300 years to ask me out.”

“have you ever actually talked to him, though?”

baekhyuns falls silence for a moment. “like, once.” she starts, brows furrowing further upon realisation. “i wished him good luck for one of the games and he just stuttered something out and stumbled over his own feet like a ridiculously cute goof.”

“aw,” chanyeol coos, amused laughter escaping past her lips while kyungsoo mumbled something along the lines of ‘what a nerd’. “how adorable.”

baekhyun emits a sound similar to a whine in response because sure, sehun was adorable and cute and definitely a nerd too, but none of those qualities seemed to be granting her time place and date for a fine evening with the boy. although sehun was part of the basketball team and considered part of the school jocks, there was no denying he had an incredibly shy and awkward personality (that made baekhyun want to squeeze the life out of him and maybe bite him too) which made it difficult to approach him in any sort of social matters. firstly, he would always cling to jongin and zitao and finding him alone was a task baekhyun already deemed as impossible; secondly, she could swear she could almost see sehun’s life pass right before his eyes whenever she scooted a little closer.

the interest was definitely mutual yet waiting for sehun to make the first move seemed to be as productive as watching grass grow.

“okay, you know what.” jongdae announced, snapping her fingers to snap baekhyun out of her thoughts and have her full attention, mischievousness clear in her gaze. “i think it’s time we,” she gestured towards herself, chanyeol and kyungsoo, “step in.”

baekhyun didn’t have to listen further to know this would either be a disaster or a terribly good idea.

 

 

 

 

“i’m not going to trip and bump against him.” baekhyun frowned, nose scrunching up at the suggestion. “that’s the biggest cliché out there and you offend me.”

“true. we’re trying to stay classy here.” jongdae agrees against a now pouting chanyeol, shooing the tallest away in order to place herself in front of baekhyun, hands moving to the older’s shoulders. “listen to the voice of experience, byun baekhyun. i know where i’m at.”

kyungsoo snorted by their side and jongdae merely gave her an overdramatic offended look, before clearing and looking back at their victim. “first, to see if sehun is any good behind that faint lisp and lanky stature, you need to make sure he owns a very important trait,” she raises a finger, voice absolutely serious. “generosity.”

“she means money.” kyungsoo conveniently translates.

generosity is a very important thing.” jongdae’s tone is slightly louder as if to overcome kyungsoo’s comment, chin up in the air as if to incorporate the importance of her words. “generosity, my dear, makes a man. if he doesn’t pay for food on your first date, put him in the trash bin right where he belongs.”

“well, that is gentle.”

“plus, worry not, because if you do decide sehun isn’t for you, i’m pretty sure junmyeon has some nice single friends-“

no way you’re dragging me into your lana del rey daddy crap too, jongdae.”

well,” jongdae coughs innocently while chanyeol muffles laughter behind her hand. “i’m just saying.”

kyungsoo sighs audibly at this, a hand moving to tuck her dark shoulder-length hair behind her ear before crossing her arms over her chest. “i think first and foremost baekhyun should just go up to him and spark up conversation. then we will see if sehun handles it without ending up in the hospital with cardiac arrest and then we see how things go.”

“sounds like a plan.” chanyeol shrugs, patting baekhyun’s shoulder as the girl whines. “kyungsoo is the one who got herself the team captain after all.”

“but i wanted him to talk to me first.” baekhyun stubbornly complains, copying kyungsoo’s pose and folding her arms as well. “that’s how it goes in movies. it’s that one important scene where the shy guy swallows up his cowardice and talks to the hot girl in his class.”

“which usually leads to rejection, but since you’re so willing to make an exception for sehun, i’m sure you can give up on your american sunday afternoon movies scene.” kyungsoo debates, shrugging her shoulders softly. “plus you may end up getting a stereotypical romantic date afterwards, so you gotta take the risk.”

baekhyun purses her lips together, delicate fingers tapping a rhythm against her arm as she gave it a thought. kyungsoo had always been extremely persuasive with her words and baekhyun was kind of desperate for sehun’s attention, so she figured it really was about time she’d give in.

 “fine,” she gives an exaggerated, dramatic heavy sigh, shrugging a shoulder in a nonchalant way. “he better not faint or so god help me.”

“oh man,” jongdae snickers, exchanging excited looks with chanyeol while kyungsoo lead the way out of the girls bathroom now that everything was settled, “this is going to be so great.”

the plan for baekhyun to get that is finally on.

 

 

 

 

the cheerleading practice went smooth as it usually does, the team performing all of its choreographed moves and stunts for the next big game. their practice always went before the basketball team’s and so the boys would often watch them while waiting – providing baekhyun the perfect opportunity to show off her flexibility for mate impressing purposes.

or so she calls it.

sehun kept his gaze on her for most time and such thing definitely didn’t go unnoticed by baekhyun who’s smile and even dare to send a playful wink his way which had sehun’s cheeks turn rosy pink and gaze immediately faltering to the floor.

after finishing their practice with a perfect pyramid, baekhyun standing proudly on top, they smiled and bowed between laughter as the team clapped at their performance. as most of the girls scattered around to get water bottles or change back into their casual school uniform, kyungsoo tapped baekhyun’s shoulder and mouthed a ‘come with me’ before making her way towards the jocks. baekhyun was usually a quite confident girl yet she couldn’t help her heartbeat picking a faster pace out of enthusiasm, quickly flashing jongdae a glare as the girl shouted a ‘go get him, tiger!’ a bit too loudly before breaking into a giggling fit with chanyeol.

“you guys were great.” jongin complimented as soon as baekhyun and kyungsoo were close enough, the latter claiming her seat between zitao and jongin. sehun seemed unsurprisingly nervous all of a sudden, fidgeting with the hem of his basketball jersey.

“thanks.” baekhyun smiled, still slightly out of breath due to all of that physical activity (and lowkey showing off) as she tucked some loose strands of her long hair behind her ears. “be sure to give us a big game, hmm? i’m not murdering my body like this for nothing.”

“please, when have we ever lost?” zitao rolls his eyes playfully, smile on his lips as jongin laughs and subtly moves an arm around kyungsoo’s waist. sehun softly began to mutter a shy ‘there was this one time’ but was quickly quieted down by a ‘shut up sehun’ from zitao’s part. baekhyun smiled a little sympathetically at sehun whose cheeks just turned an ever deeper shade of pink, gaze quickly fixing on the floor once more.

“anyway,” zitao wipes some imaginary dust off his hands as he stands back up. “i’m gonna get a drink before practice begins.”

“i’ll go with you.” sehun quickly mumbles as he stands up in a jump, hurrying right after the older. baekhyun’s heart skips a beat in alarm, stealing a helpless look towards kyungsoo who returns it with an urgent gaze on her own, subtly signalling her to stop him as she rests her head on jongin’s shoulder.

it, baekhyun decides, this is it.

“wait, sehun-“

the boy visibly freezes in place, body tense although baekhyun could only see his back. he clearly gives zitao and alarmed gaze who only shrugs and turns on his heels to leave like the marvellous friend he is, and so sehun slowly turns around. “yes?” his voice cracks and he visibly panics for a second over it, lips pressing together in a thin line as he looks everywhere but at baekhyun herself.

she closes the awkward distance between them with quick steps towards him and she honestly can’t recall ever standing this close to him before. no matter how many times she’s taken notice of this, it always seems to take her by surprise just how ridiculously tall sehun is compared to her own tiny stature. “hi, um..” she trails off, only then realising she hadn’t actually planned what to say beforehand. typical. “hi-“

sehun blinks at the repeated greeting, dark lashes fluttering adorably as he cracks a small smile and baekhyun kinda wants to die right there. “..hi.”

she laughs at how awkward they sound meanwhile sehun’s smile widens a little albeit nervously so, bony fingers still tugging at his numbered jersey. “we’ve never really talked much before.” baekhyun comments, friendly smile on her thin lips as she keeps her hands behind her back. “i figured it’s about time we change it, no?”

her words are light and playful and sehun does understand that, yet shyness is clear as he averts his gaze and clears his throat. “sorry-“ he mutters, a hand moving to rub his own arm. “i’m, uh-“

“shy?” she finished for him, cheeky smile on her lips as sehun nods. waving it off with a flick of wrist, she laughs lightly. “i know. it’s okay, too. that’s why i must be the loud annoying one so we’re balanced, right?” she laughs and so does he, slowly but surely becoming less tense.

“you’re not annoying, though.” sehun shyly compliments as the laughter quietens down and baekhyun only smiles wider in return, heart racing and butterflies in her tummy and all of that gross romantic thing – before it dies out and turns into absolute terror as she notices chanyeol and jongdae approaching them in dangerously quick steps.

“sehun!” chanyeol calls out in an exaggeratedly loud tone, causing said boy to almost jump out of his skin as she stretches an arm around his shoulders, big ear-to-ear grin on her face. “why does baekhyun get to be at the top of the pyramid?”

“i-i, ah- b-because she’s the leader?“

jongdae quickly pops in as well, arm moving instead around sehun’s waist instead because the boy is too goddarn tall for her. “because boys love girls on top!”

“o-oh—“

oh my god,” baekhyun breathes out, a dust of pink sprinkling over her own cheeks out of secondhand embarrassment from her terrible excuses of friends. jongdae and chanyeol both break into laughter over their own joke (if it could be considered such thing), bending as they clutch at their stomach and sehun looks so impossibly red baekhyun actually fears for his life. “you’re not serious—“

“sorry, we totally had to do this.” chanyeol laughs while jongdae wipes some happy tears from the corner of her eyes, smile wide on both their lips.

“but girls on top sure are nice, aren’t they, sehunnie?” jongdae grins wide and mischievously, hand patting the taller’s back in a way that he almost stumbles a little. “especially flexible girls on stop.”

okay, that’s your cue to get out of my sight before i demolish you both.” baekhyun quickly warned them, her words missing their real bite although she would indeed rather not have sehun die in her arms right there, thank you very much. sehun just looked absolutely embarrassed by now, mouth softly opening and closing as he attempted and failed to come up with something to say.

chanyeol and jongdae just giggled some more at this, smile too wide on their lips as they held each other’s hand and hurried away before baekhyun would legit burn holes in their heads, wishing them a prolonged ‘have fun!’ that could only mean no good.

baekhyun sighed out of relief as she watched the two disappear towards the changing room, yet sehun still looked ready to collapse on the floor at any moment and baekhyun knew she had to save the poor boy out of a potential heart attack – somehow. “sorry about them.” she chuckles, shrugging as she tucks her hair behind her ear once again; a habit she can’t quite get rid of. “they’re just.. yeah. an absolute lost case, i tell you.”

“i-it’s fine, um-“ sehun stutters out, voice cracking once more as he keeps his gaze on the floor, most likely self-conscious of his burning face. “it’s.. it’s fine, really. they’re.. funny.”

“more like extremely inconvenient.” baekhyun rolls her eyes playfully with a laugh, words that do earn a little huff of air from sehun which she interprets as a small chuckle. “anyway, would you like to meet me after school?” she asks, beaming up at him because byun baekhyun has always been one for straightforwardness.

which probably doesn’t go too well with sehun, she guesses, when the boy looks back up at her with wide eyes and a startled expression. “t-today?”

“yeah, i mean-“ she shrugs, wondering if she should have given sehun some time to mentally prepare himself. probably. “if you want?”

“sure,” sehun quickly breathes out – a bit too quickly, actually, as it even catches baekhyun off guard – before realising his little desperate slip and immediately trying to recover with a clearing of throat. “i-i mean, i.. sure, that- that could be fun.” he stumbles over his own words, tiny nervous smile pulling at the corners of his lips that baekhyun finds absolutely endearing.

“awesome.” baekhyun’s smile immediately grows, butterflies claiming their place back in her chest. sehun’s reactions only seemed to be adding to her idea that the interest was indeed mutual, and to say she was growing excited and hopeful would be a terrific understatement.

“sehun!” jongin’s voice cuts them off, both heads turning towards the team captain as he smiles at them – perhaps a little apologetically for interrupting – while kyungsoo is making her way near baekhyun. “sorry, uh- practice time.”

“of course. i’ll be right there.” sehun reassures with a nod, to which jongin shows a thumbs-up motion and goes off to call the rest of their team members. now that kyungsoo stood considerably near baekhyun, awkwardness seemed to emerge in sehun once more and the boy only smiled shyly, rubbing the back of his neck. “i’ll, um- wait for you outside the gates?”

“you got it.” baekhyun smiles excitedly, already tangling an arm with kyungsoo’s. “see you later!” she waves and sehun returns it with a smile of his own, before turning on her heels and heading towards the changing room with a very interested kyungsoo by her side.

plan successful.

 

 

 

 

after meeting with sehun by the school gates (baekhyun was actually the one having to wait and sehun apologised approximately 37 times because practice took too long), the cheerleader took liberty of choosing their place of choice to hang out – the mall.

because baekhyun just can’t get any more stereotypical than this.

in her honest defence, there is a whole variety of things to do at a mall that just so conveniently happen to include both shopping and food. plus, she may or may not want to try some clothing styles on sehun while she’s at it, too.

“i hope you’re okay with this.” baekhyun smiles as they step in the elevator, figuring that starting with grabbing something to eat after a long school day would be ideal. “i can tell you’re not too fond of crowded places.”

“as long as i don’t need to talk in front of all of them as they stare at me, i’m good.” sehun replies with a soft chuckle of his own, keeping somewhat of a safe distance that baekhyun guessed (hoped) would be only due to his shy nature.

“yeah, i know.” baekhyun laughs. “that never fails to make me nervous too.”

as the elevator doors opened and the two stepped out, baekhyun took liberty of leading the way while making sure sehun didn’t fall behind like the big-sized toddler he is. there were lots of restaurants to choose from yet they opted for some good ol’ fashioned mcdonald’s cheeseburgers, because fast food is the way to any boy’s heart – according to chanyeol.

finding a free table proved itself to be a task for the mall was soon being flooded by teenagers with most likely the same lazy date ideas as baekhyun herself, proven by the amount of school uniforms she could see as far as the eye goes (a lot from their own school, too), but sehun’s height proved itself to be useful as he managed to find them a table.

it seemed awfully difficult to keep up an interesting conversation while trying to still look attractive munching on a burger, baekhyun came to realise. thankfully sehun didn’t seem too hard to entertain and the boy seemed fairly interested in anything she had to say, nodding and smiling at her words.

sehun was a whole lot more talkative now too and baekhyun wondered if being around his friends made him shyer than usual.

in general, the beginning of their date was going positively well and baekhyun was quite excited over the way sehun seemed to be opening up to her more – which could only mean good things leading her way – until her attention was caught by her phone vibrating on the table, screen lighting with a new message.

“sorry,” baekhyun quickly wipes her hands as sehun mutters an ‘it’s okay’, reaching for her phone and unlocking the screen.

[from: idiot #2] touch him w ur foot under the table ;DDDDD

“oh my god,” baekhyun mutters under her breath, staring at the highly inappropriate text that came from no other than jongdae.

“what?” she hears sehun’s voice, curiosity clear in it yet baekhyun is too busy being horrified over the text to reply as she wonders how the and why the jongdae would send such thing – when a new message flashes in her screen.

[from: idiot #1] footjob in a crowded mall 10/10 he would do it again trust me ;^)

chanyeol’s number joining in could only been trouble and baekhyun knew by now that she was absolutely doomed for the day, raising her gaze to scan her surroundings. she could still catch a very confused sehun by the corner of her eye but that would have to wait – and she sure as hell couldn’t do a dramatic reading of the texts -, but soon enough, she saw them. jongdae, chanyeol and a kyungsoo that looked like she had been dragged there against her will sat two or three tables behind sehun, jongdae and chanyeol smiling and waving excitedly as their gazes met.

the urge to risk jail by committing brutal murder right there was real.

“baekhyun?” sehun called rather unsurely and baekhyun was finally brought back to reality, realising she had probably been quite rude just ignoring the boy like that. not smooth.

“s-sorry—“ she stutters out, followed by an awkward little laugh as she smiles and waves her hand nonchalantly. “don’t mind me, it’s okay. where were we?” she quickly attempted to save the situation by allowing no chance of further questions, instead smiling innocently at the taller. sehun still looked a bit insecure, but slowly so he resumed back to retelling his incredible league of legends adventures.

her phone vibrated soon after and baekhyun was tempted to ignore it, but she knew by experience that doing so would result in extreme spamming and she’d rather not have her inbox full of annoying texts.

[from: idiot #2] baekkieeeeeee dont be a bore, give us some show!!!!!!

pursing her lips slightly, she made sure to still look mildly interested in what sehun was saying as she quickly typed a friendly reply.

[to: idiot #2] OFF

[from: idiot #2] <33333333333333333333

[from: idiot#2] u can always do the classic subtly squeezing ur s together

[from: idiot#2] except u don’t have any LOL

“motherer,” baekhyun breathed out.

“sorry, what?” sehun furrowed his brows slightly in worry, eyeing baekhyun suspiciously.

“nothing,” she half-assedly brushed it off again, flashing a small smile. “and then what?”

sehun gives her a funny look, but is quick to continue while baekhyun types a furious text in return.

[to: idiot #2] you only look like you have them because your 70 years old boyfriend buys you expensive push-up bras

[from: idiot #2] LEAVE ME ALONE JUNMYEON IS NOT 70

[from: idiot #1] baekhyun just lean in and some ketchup off his lips or something!!!

[to: idiot #1] chanyeol keep ur stupidass clichés to urself

[from: idiot #1] :(

[from: (scary) idiot #3] just pay attention to him.

the fact that kyungsoo was joining in clearly gave away that she was as fed up with chanyeol and jongdae as baekhyun herself, and deciding this was the best advice, baekhyun put the phone away and smiled at sehun. she was absolutely lost in his conversation – as she usually is with boys in general, honestly – but if there’s something she’s learnt, is that smiling and nodding usually is enough to make them feel prideful.

boys are so low-maintenance.

their cheeseburgers are long gone and it’s been some good ten minutes in peace that she almost, almost believe she was safe – but she knows her friends far too well and when her phone lights up again, she has to resist the urge to groan outloud.

[from: idiot #2] pssst, do this. :D

raising an eyebrow, she glanced past sehun towards the group just as jongdae moved to conveniently sit shamelessly on chanyeol’s lap (who cares for public places, right?), the two of them giggling mischievously as jongdae pressed a big kiss to the taller girl’s cheek while kyungsoo aggressively pretended to not know either of them.

when baekhyun whined loudly and sehun asked her for the nth time if she was okay, she merely stood up and decided it was time for them to go elsewhere.

 

 

 

 

 

baekhyun already knew she wasn’t going to be left alone and therefore any surprise only came under the form of a sigh as she noticed the cheerleader trio discreetly following her and sehun, the latter still apparently oblivious to the whole situation. although they kept their distance, chanyeol’s voice was sometimes loud enough for baekhyun to hear and jongdae was even louder trying to shush her, each time making baekhyun’s anxiety levels go over the roof because if sehun notices them, their date will most likely be ruined.

she mentally noted to make sure to high kick jongdae and chanyeol in the chin next day.

after dragging sehun through make-up shops as a self-reward for all that league of legends talk, clothing shops became her next victim. it was sales season yet most of the good stuff had already been bought, leaving baekhyun with the outrageous task of trying to find a forgotten gem in the middle of all the ugly left-overs. come to think of it, she doesn’t recall ever seeing sehun in a casual attire given their school’s requirement of matching uniforms added with the fact that the two had never been together outside class – something that obviously had to be fixed.

“are you sure about this?” sehun asked in a soft, unsure voice, brows furrowed slightly as he watched baekhyun furiously search through male clothing. “i mean, you can just look at clothes for you- you don’t have to- i don’t need-“

“if i show up with more clothing bags my parents will kick me out of the house.” baekhyun laughs, humming approvingly as she found a quite good-looking leather jacket that seemed about the right size for sehun. nice. “plus, you don’t have to buy anything. i just want to see you with these. is that okay?” she glances up at him, flashing an innocent, friendly smile she has long mastered when wanting something in her favour.

“ah.. sure.” sehun replies with a little shy smile, watching as baekhyun gives him a thumbs-up motion and returns to her very much difficult task of finding nice clothes.

she ends up settling for what she could find (after turning the store upside down), it being a simple white button up shirt and some dark skinny jeans that she already knew would look unholy on sehun’s body – like his whole existence, to put it simply. “come on.” she pretty much shoves the clothing on sehun’s arms and moves behind him, hands pressing on his back to urge him to the changing room as the boy stumbles over his own feet. she makes sure to snitch a nice looking snapback on the way, adding it to the messy pile of clothes in sehun’s arms.

“go on. i’ll wait here.” she rushes, smile bright and innocent (as innocent as baekhyun could possibly look like), waving her hands at him in a shooing motion.

sehun still looks rather unsure and baekhyun wonders for a moment if he’s perhaps insecure of his body or if the clothes she chose aren’t exactly his style, but he ends up smiling in return and nodding softly. “okay, hold on.” he nods, before stepping in the fitting room and closing the door.

she leans against the wall and taps her foot rhythmically, humming softly at the sound of the radio music playing in the store as she waits. she tries – and fails – to distract herself from the fact that sehun was changing clothes just behind that door, the idea of a shirtless sehun making her kind of want to curl up and die right there. it’s bad enough with there are terrific, deadly tummy flashes during basketball games because apparently boys just can’t seem to play sports without showing an unnecessary (yet highly appreciated for most part) amount of bare skin.

jongin specifically likes to remove his jersey right after a game is over and thus successfully injuring, wounding and killing half of the school’s female population – kyungsoo included, who just sort of withers next to baekhyun and momentarily loses her mind every single time.

she is so distracted with her thoughts that she doesn’t even take notice of her buzzing phone, an incoming flood of most likely inappropriate texts spamming her inbox.

and she almost jumps when the fitting room door opens once more, it taking all of her willpower to stop from dropping open at the sight of sehun in that leather jacket. the clothes fit him like a glove and so did the style, the bad boy vibe baekhyun had purposely chosen going incredibly along with his appearance although it was absolute opposite of his personality.

she probably looked uttermost ridiculous at the moment because soon sehun was squirming shyly in place, pink dusting over his cheeks as he looked unnecessarily self-conscious. “um..” he clears his throat a little, hands moving to adjust the snapback before straightening the white button-up a little. “does it look good?”

hot as ing hell is what baekhyun had in mind for a reply yet it would probably horrify sehun for the next three weeks so she concentrated only on closing her agape mouth, breathing out a small “yes.”  
her reply earns a small smile from sehun and baekhyun is quickly to smile as well, excitedly and definitely proudly so of her self-proclaimed wonderful taste. “you look really good. like really, really good.” she adds in, deciding a more elaborate compliment would probably be a better option than a half-fainting whimper.

it was indeed for whatever insecurity sehun had over the clothes seemed to wash away like that, his own smile widening a little as he looked down at himself and back at the petite girl. “it’s not what i’m used to wear, but.. i like it.” he admits, shrugging with a soft chuckle. “kinda makes me feel like a different person.”

“you do look like a different person.” baekhyun agreed, smile growing on her lips as she chuckles as well. “but both styles look great on you.”

nerd schoolboy sehun or bad boy sehun 10/10 would bang.

a hint of shyness peeks at the taller again and sehun brushed it off with a soft laugh, hands playing with the hem of the leather jacket just like he usually does with his basketball jersey. “next time i go shop for clothes i’ll bring you along. you have better taste than me.” he comments, shrugging slightly. “is that okay?”

baekhyun’s smile is immediate to widen because that merely translate to an offer for a second date, one to which she obviously replies with a very enthusiastic “yes, of course.”

sehun smiles and nods as if to seal their little agreement. “good. i’ll.. change back now, i guess.” baekhyun nods and he smiles in return, turning on his heels and closing the door again.

baekhyun could only smile dumbly to herself because things were definitely going a lot better than expected.

 

 

 

 

 

they did in fact skim through a few other clothing shops and they did both try on other pieces of clothing, mainly hats and jackets rather than full attires, and baekhyun thought it was safe to say they had lots of fun. sehun smiled a lot more and stuttered a lot less than back at school and it filled baekhyun’s chest with liquid pride, putting a smile on her lips that would surely last until their next date.

her phone remained forgotten in her uniform pocket and she didn’t notice the group anymore, too engulfed in her conversation with sehun, which was probably for the greater good. or at least, the greater good of her sane mind.

sehun offered to walk her home and baekhyun gladly accepted it, deciding it was a perfect excuse for sehun to know where she lives – for future innocent purposes, of course. their hands brushed together a few times during the walk yet neither dared to hold the other’s hand, something that baekhyun had to admit was a little disappointing, yet the bubbly feeling of taking things so slow felt oddly charming to someone as eccentric and straightforward as herself.

it felt as if sehun brought a different side of her and baekhyun found it endearing.

“here we go.” baekhyun announces after a slow walk of soft chattering, stopping in front of an apartment building as she lazily points at it. “that’s mi casa.”

sehun eyes it and for that moment he looks unwilling to let go of their date, but he ends up smiling as he looks back down at her. “i had lots of fun today.” he lets her know, hands moving behind his own back as the shy, sweet smile so characteristic of sehun’s remains.

“me too.” baekhyun nods, smile big on her lips as she shrugs softly. “shame we didn’t have much time. we should hang out together again some other day, mmh?”

“yes,” sehun breathes out, a hopeful glint in his brown eyes. “that would be pretty nice.”

baekhyun smiles a little and nods again, smiling a little sympathetically at sehun because god knows goodbyes are awkward and sehun seemed to be struggling with it. deciding to save him from the pain, she shrugged a shoulder casually. “well.. i guess i’ll go now.” she smiles. “i’ll see you at school tomorrow.”

“yeah.” sehun replies awkwardly once more, slightly biting onto his lower lip as his voice trailed off. he eyed baekhyun for a second, almost as if struggling with some inner decision – she could swear he glanced at her lips once – and suddenly so, he leaned in quick and pressed a gentle, soft kiss on her cheek before choking out a “bye,” and hurrying off.

 

once baekhyun was inside the safety of her apartment’s front door, she squealed so loud the whole street probably trembled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

it wasn’t until later, after changing into her pajamas, that baekhyun remembered her neglected phone – filled with diverse texts from no other than dear old jongdae that afternoon.

[from: idiot #2] ooooo are you two shopping for clothes?? couple clothes?? :DDD

[from: idiot #2] u two look like a couple SO CUTEEEE

[from: idiot #2] omG ARE U TWO GOING IN THE FITTING ROOM

[from: idiot #2] a bj in the fitting room SMART MOVE I AM PROUD

[from: idiot #2] baekhyun are u gonna him off pls answer i need to know

[from: idiot #2] baekhyun whats happening reply to me i want to know why are u taking so long

[from: idiot #2] baekkkkkkkkkkkkkiEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[from: idiot #2] oMGGG U TWO ARE TOTALLY GOING AT IT

[from: idiot #2] BAEKHYUN U NAUGHTY SMOLDERING TEMPTRESS

[from: idiot #2] ok we are leaving u two love birds alone please take ur time

[from: idiot #2] ksoo probably got jealous she never did that with jongin LMAO

[from: idiot #2] WE WANT DETAILS TOMORROW HAVE FUN XOXOXO ;DDDDDDD

 

baekhyun had never been this close to deleting jongdae’s number before.