Final

Winter Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Jongdae, Happy Birthday to you!"

As Jongdae grinned at the cake with 20 candles made into the number it self, he did a happy dance inside when he realized he FINALLY made it out of the 'teens'. Oh it was a happy birthday indeed.

"Blow your candles out and make a wish Jongdae!" His mother told him with  a smile.

Jongdae glanced at his mother and threw her a smile, then he proceeded to blow out all 20 candles. When they all went out, the lights came back on and his family cheered and clapped, congratulating him.

"What did you wish for honey?" His mom said.

Jongdae smirked at his mother, "Sorry mom, its a secret"

She just chuckled and ruffled his hair.

~2 hours later~

After opening his gifts and coming back from a trip to the game store (His mother and Father had pitched in to give him enough money to buy a new game station and some new games to go with it) he went up stairs to his room to test out his games.

He looked at the 2 games he got, Call of Duty:Ghosts and Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood, and proceeded to play them.

He had just plugged in the cords to the TV and grabbed the controller when he realized he almost forgot something. He hurriedly threw the controller on his bed and ran down the stairs to his mother, who was clening up the kitchen.

"Mom," Jongdae said, a little out of breath.

"Yes dear?" She replied without looking up from washing the dishes.

"Did you get a call from Xiumin saying he would come today?"

"No," his mother said as she turned off the faucet, "but I did get this in the mail. I think it may be from him" She said as she dried her hands and gave Jongdae the envelope, which he looked at curiously.

His lovable bun of a boyfriend, Kim Minseok, or Xiumin as he preferred, was actually away on a trip with his parents and he said that he would try to come back as soon as possible to celebrate his birthday with him. He also added he didnt want to miss out on the cake and ice-cream. Jongdae really hoped he could have made it considering he was all the way across the map in Beijing, China visiting his relatives and who does'nt want to spend their coming of age with none other than their best buddy. (Even if he's 4 years older than him)

Jongdae looked at the envelope and read what was scrawled on it,

Kim Jongdae

1814 Supreme Rd.

84620 Miami FL

Its safe to say that Jongdae was a bit confused.

"Mom," he started, "there's no return address, how do you know its from him?"

"Not sure," she replied, "just feels like its from him."

He hummed back, a little skeptical about it. "Hey mom, is it okay if I take it to my room and open it up?" He asked hesitantly.

"Of course you can," she said, "it was addressed to you anyways"

"Thanks mom." He said and smiled at her.

"Your welcome dear." She said and returned the smile.

When Jongdae entered his room, he put the controller on his dresser, turned the TV off and sat down on his bed to read the letter. When he turned it over though, there was a snowflake drawn on the back of the envelope.

"Wierd," he mumbled,"don't remember seeing that there." He poked at it curiously, then proceeded to open it up.

When it came open, something cold dropped onto his lap. Puzzled, he picked it and looked at it, and became surprised.

In his hand was a silver bracelet with 'Chen' engraved on the inside, and half a snowflake charm hanged off it.

"Woah, " he exclaimed, "who sent me this?" That's when he noticed there was only half of a snowflake instead of a whole one. "Where's the other side at?" He said to no one in particular.

Either way, it looked nice and had his name on it so he just went ahead and put it on. It was really cold for some reason. Jongdae just shrugged and read the letter inside the envelope.

Come out to your backyard and bring the bracelet. Be sure to dress warm! 

-X

"What?" he exclaimed. He put the letter down and went to his window that overlooked the backyard and peered out it. Nothing or no one was there and it looked the same. This is getting a bit wierd...

Going along with what the letter said, because its not like it asked him to do something bad, he grabbed a jacket, put on a beanie, threw on some sweatpants and went downstairs to the sliding door that lead to his backyard.

As sson as he slid the door shut, the bracelet got colder. "What is up with this thing?" He said and looked at it.

After looking around for a good 10 minutes trying to find the reason why he was outside at night, he just gave up and lied down in the grass, looking up at the sky full of stars.

Why am I out here? There wasn't any hidden gifts and nobod

Please log in to read the full chapter